PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs. Bros: The Freak vs ragingmuscle, "Squat Til You Drop"

Pages : [1] 2

naturalguy
01-06-09, 1:33 pm
National level competitor ragingmuscle takes on IFBB pro Derik "The Freak" Farnsworth in the squat with 405 lbs for as many reps as they can get. Legend has it that The Freak got his nickname from his insane leg workouts. If you've seen his DVD, he does some crazy stuff. ragingmuscle is a beast. This should be a site to see. It will be going down at the Cage during the Arnold weekend.

Who ya bettin' on?

Mr. Dead
01-06-09, 1:43 pm
That's going to be a tight one... Too close to call on that... Just make sure to have the cots, empty buckets, oxygen tanks, and I.V.s on hand...

Hoomgar
01-06-09, 1:44 pm
I'm in... No way I'm missing this!

McFly
01-06-09, 1:46 pm
i know these boys will be burying these squats too! Can’t miss this one!

JUGGERNAUT
01-06-09, 1:48 pm
a site to see

InkdMuscle
01-06-09, 1:57 pm
Well i met freak and he is a monster. But I still gotta root for my mentor Rage. Ill b there with my Team Rage Shirt. LOL

Vinny G
01-06-09, 1:58 pm
i'll MC it

Mr. Dead
01-06-09, 2:32 pm
i'll MC it

Aw hell... Somebody better be video taping it, for sure!!!

Lunatic001
01-06-09, 2:33 pm
It's a win win situation for the SoCal crew.....these Animals are putting us on the map ANIMAL STYLE....here's a little preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOMPkJPhEo

Toni69
01-06-09, 2:39 pm
Im sooo there for this! im not tellin who Im bettin on....you will surely hear me cheerin him on though. You know who you are... wink wink

sanga
01-06-09, 4:28 pm
Seenow this is the kinda shit thats gonna make The Cage the number one place to head for at The Arnold, without a doubt The Cage will be rammed.

Vinny, I`ll hold the mike for you so I get a good spot, lol Will you be rapping too?

The Freak
01-06-09, 5:02 pm
HMMMM

I dont know guys as i was banging out 25reps with 405 this past weekend i could hear rages knees trembling as he hid behind his beautiful wife.....
the more talk the more reps i plan on doing.... 25 was a complete joke this weekend ... 30 is gona be cake hmm where is rage oh where ... lololol

InkdMuscle
01-06-09, 5:09 pm
HMMMM

I dont know guys as i was banging out 25reps with 405 this past weekend i could hear rages knees trembling as he hid behind his beautiful wife.....
the more talk the more reps i plan on doing.... 25 was a complete joke this weekend ... 30 is gona be cake hmm where is rage oh where ... lololol

wholy crap this is gonna b a good match up.

Rage
01-06-09, 6:51 pm
HMMMM

Ohhhh....ouch....I needed that for my leg day tomorrow....that was just the right slap on the back I needed...

naturalguy
01-06-09, 9:48 pm
HMMMM

Damn, you got your work cut out for you ragingmuscle.

InkdMuscle
01-06-09, 10:54 pm
Damn, you got your work cut out for you ragingmuscle.

that he does. but Rage is da man im possitve he will give Freak a good challenge.

sifusteve
01-07-09, 1:46 am
Ohhhh....ouch....I needed that for my leg day tomorrow....that was just the right slap on the back I needed...

BIG LEGS Brother BIG LEGS!

SizeMatters
01-07-09, 2:09 am
I GOTTA get subbed for this.

The Freak
01-07-09, 1:31 pm
toni,

its ok you can root for rage , he's a great guy. besides i like the role of the ''badguy''

InkdMuscle
01-07-09, 1:39 pm
toni,

its ok you can root for rage , he's a great guy. besides i like the role of the ''badguy''

"What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you"-Tony Montana.

Gotta luv it Freak!!!

JUGGERNAUT
01-07-09, 2:21 pm
"What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth... even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you"-Tony Montana.

Gotta luv it Freak!!!

I gotta rent that movie again! Classic!

The Freak
01-07-09, 4:47 pm
haahhah

ink, luv it ... hmmm u sure he didnt stela those lines from me ,.. shit sounds pretty much like me ... love me or hate me , im blunt , people hate honesty, just means they are scared of the truth....

freak= the brutal truth.....

BigAnt
01-07-09, 7:03 pm
HMMMM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on Freak, when you, Pete and I first met at the NPC Team Universe in 2000 you where squating a ton of weight for reps-like a monster-DEEP ASS SQUATS....I won't tell the forum your exact weight and reps--NO NEED TO SCARE ANY ONE IN JANUARY!

But Rage, and OLDER guy like me does train very hard and has some cut-big wheels...It is going to be a great show!

InkdMuscle
01-07-09, 7:24 pm
haahhah

ink, luv it ... hmmm u sure he didnt stela those lines from me ,.. shit sounds pretty much like me ... love me or hate me , im blunt , people hate honesty, just means they are scared of the truth....

freak= the brutal truth.....

This comp is going to be the shit. I am so glad i get to finally b at the arnold to watch this go down.

McFly
01-08-09, 9:34 am
haven't heard too much from rage or Freak....only makes you wonder what maddness they are up to! eek!!

The Freak
01-08-09, 11:55 am
hey i posted my thoughts, wheres rages numbers from yesterdays leg workout ? hmmmm come on rage sat is coming and my legs are getting itchy... hmmm maybe i'll just FRONT squat 405 for 20's hmmm
lets hear it rage... give me the numbers fire me up!!!!!!

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 12:04 pm
hey i posted my thoughts, wheres rages numbers from yesterdays leg workout ? hmmmm come on rage sat is coming and my legs are getting itchy... hmmm maybe i'll just FRONT squat 405 for 20's hmmm

I love this guy! Gotta meet you someday Freak. You pick your teeth with the weights I lift but I sense a very familiar spirit of the sport within you. It ain't all hype, it's truly how you feel inside! In this, we are the same...

Good stuff man. You guys are going to turn the Arnold upside down! Other booths will go empty as the cheering from the cage draws them all over to see what the heck is going on in there...

Hg

Rage
01-08-09, 1:00 pm

Derik has that likeable personality....hey bro...can't give it all away...I posted a little something in my journey about it...all I'll say at this point is your in the lead...I'm just trying not be left in the dust you fuckin monster..

The Freak
01-08-09, 1:09 pm
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?????????

how are we gonna make u get ur PR at the event if we dont see your numbers....dont make me go into hiding rage , it 'll only make it worse... i want you to hit ur pr that day, the rage rattling the cage as he pounds the reps one after another , fans going nuts climbing the sides of the cage trtying to get in to witness this nastiness!!!!!! grrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dam nit march get here !!!!!!!!!!!

Lunatic001
01-08-09, 1:16 pm
I don't care who, but somebody has to film this!!! for the unfortunate ones not attending....wish I could go!

Mr. Dead
01-08-09, 1:17 pm
I don't care who, but somebody has to film this!!! for the unfortunate ones not attending....wish I could go!

I know that feeling all too well, bro!!! It's going to be epic, though!!!

wedge
01-08-09, 1:52 pm
Shit like this makes you think about robbing a bank for hotel and airfare.

Mr. Dead
01-08-09, 1:53 pm
Shit like this makes you think about robbing a bank for hotel and airfare.

Definitely!!! Or selling a kidney...

Firefist
01-08-09, 2:01 pm

what.....the.....hell.....?

im sorry i just didnt know that was humanly possible....

wow. just wow.

InkdMuscle
01-08-09, 6:40 pm

Ill vid it for you guys fo sho!!

InkdMuscle
01-09-09, 12:13 am
ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?????????

how are we gonna make u get ur PR at the event if we dont see your numbers....dont make me go into hiding rage , it 'll only make it worse... i want you to hit ur pr that day, the rage rattling the cage as he pounds the reps one after another , fans going nuts climbing the sides of the cage trtying to get in to witness this nastiness!!!!!! grrrr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dam nit march get here !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit if freak goes into hiding only god knows what #'s this man will put up.

DanTheMan
01-11-09, 1:38 pm
this should be broadcasted nation wide

Rage
01-12-09, 10:24 am
Freak wants the numbers from todays workout...what do you guys think....give em up or make him wait...I'm leaving this up to you guys..

McFly
01-12-09, 10:25 am
Freak wants the numbers from todays workout...what do you guys think....give em up or make him wait...I'm leaving this up to you guys..

lets see em rage!!!!

46and2
01-12-09, 10:32 am

I say no way bro. Make him sweat it a bit!!! Hehehehee

Hollow
01-12-09, 10:34 am
My vote...make him wait! Build up some suspense in this little friendly competition.

sifusteve
01-12-09, 2:05 pm

If he wants numbers...Name, Rank and serial numbers is all you should give!

InkdMuscle
01-12-09, 2:15 pm

If #'s is what he wants put'm up. then that just means u know u are gonna have to bust those numbers to shreds when u come to the cage.

The Freak
01-12-09, 5:44 pm
suspense ? make me sweat? lololol

im not worried bout rage's numbers, i want him to come ot the cage and destroy whatever he posts here... rage is old school, 6 ft tall? shit how many guys do you know over 6ft do squats well? so im pumped to watch this giant show these fans how a big man squat... i hear all the time '' i have a longer range of motion to squat thats why u beat me '' blah blah, all i hear rage say is im good for 25... BULLSHIT ! 30 my friend 30!!!!!!!!! he'll kick ass guys im telling u...

Derik

Rage
01-12-09, 6:35 pm
Seeing as though it's split, Freak, my brother, you know I'm a man of my word...

Legs today..

Extensions 50/40/30
Squats 1 x 23 w/405, 1 x 20 w/405
Press 3 x 50
Lying Curls 3 x 15
The Freaks Hamstring blaster 3 x 15

Dude, I don't know what the fuck you call those things but they fry my hams brother...and you know I'm old school...We don't make excuses...height, bad day...bull shit...Shut the Fuck Up and Train!

InkdMuscle
01-12-09, 6:42 pm
suspense ? make me sweat? lololol

im not worried bout rage's numbers, i want him to come ot the cage and destroy whatever he posts here... rage is old school, 6 ft tall? shit how many guys do you know over 6ft do squats well? so im pumped to watch this giant show these fans how a big man squat... i hear all the time '' i have a longer range of motion to squat thats why u beat me '' blah blah, all i hear rage say is im good for 25... BULLSHIT ! 30 my friend 30!!!!!!!!! he'll kick ass guys im telling u...

Derik

Seeing as though it's split, Freak, my brother, you know I'm a man of my word...

Legs today..

Extensions 50/40/30
Squats 1 x 23 w/405, 1 x 20 w/405
Press 3 x 50
Lying Curls 3 x 15
The Freaks Hamstring blaster 3 x 15

Dude, I don't know what the fuck you call those things but they fry my hams brother...and you know I'm old school...We don't make excuses...height, bad day...bull shit...Shut the Fuck Up and Train!

Shit im super excited. Im looking for a new camera as we speak so that way i can capture this monsterous competition in full effect. I cant wait for the CAGE..

The Freak
01-12-09, 7:58 pm
YEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! 23 THATS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT!

ok thats it , this wknd its 30's for sure... 405 30, and we'll see where it goes from there... thats the bomb rage....
got me fied up for sat. 405 will be my bitch...

McFly
01-13-09, 8:43 am
this thing is going to be down right nasty!

InkdMuscle
01-13-09, 10:09 am
YEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! 23 THATS WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT!

ok thats it , this wknd its 30's for sure... 405 30, and we'll see where it goes from there... thats the bomb rage....
got me fied up for sat. 405 will be my bitch...

Good shit freak!! Keep it up. As I keep saying this comp between u and rage is going to be a smashing of a good ol competition. Both you two are monsters and wont back down. I hear PR's knock'n at the cage.

Rage
01-14-09, 3:06 pm
So today Freak and I are talkin supps again...he's starting a new stack that he'll be talking about on his own before long...anyways...to listen in on two bodybuilders talking supps while trying to get our meals down was classic.....we had to ask each other to repeat a few things here and there but....it's all in the name of gettin big brothers...talkin shop is no excuse to prolong a meal...

Lunatic001
01-14-09, 3:09 pm
So today Freak and I are talkin supps again...he's starting a new stack that he'll be talking about on his own before long...anyways...to listen in on two bodybuilders talking supps while trying to get our meals down was classic.....we had to ask each other to repeat a few things here and there but....it's all in the name of gettin big brothers...talkin shop is no excuse to prolong a meal...

Nice, but we need details.........

InkdMuscle
01-14-09, 3:11 pm

I agree x1000000. Share the wealth brotha.

Mr. Dead
01-14-09, 3:20 pm

I agree x1000000. Share the wealth brotha.

Yeah, the masses want to know...

The Freak
01-14-09, 4:51 pm
lol

ok ok we'll talk lol

i've been playing with various supps , shocktherapy , animal m-stak, animal test, storm, amino tech, amino 1900 , bcaa stak,

so was seeing what supps tom has had success with ...

so here;s what he had me get,

animal pump
n1-t
animal stak...

i take this 45 min b4 workout, i am replacing animal test with animal stak for 2 months then will go back to test then alternate..
i took it all today for chest ,.. FUUUCCCK ME i had a great pump after 3 heavy flat db presses... and yes rage i felt the flush feeling ... this is hwat i've looked for ... i m not into those no shotgun, no explode supps they bother my workouts and most take like shit....
i take a serving of bcaa stak before and after workout... then i add in eaa into my water 2-3 times a day... insuring my body is getting adequete amino support.. as i get closer ot prep i'll be taking uniliver tabs with each meal and amino 1900 inbetween meals .. again i am covering all bases to not lose muscle and maximize my peserving muscle goal....

ok hit us with the q's rage jump in when ever u know the supps and why we did what we did as much as i do...

sifusteve
01-14-09, 5:13 pm
lol

ok ok we'll talk lol

i've been playing with various supps , shocktherapy , animal m-stak, animal test, storm, amino tech, amino 1900 , bcaa stak,

animal pump
n1-t
animal stak...

i take this 45 min b4 workout, i am replacing animal test with animal stak for 2 months then will go back to test then alternate..
i took it all today for chest ,.. FUUUCCCK ME i had a great pump after 3 heavy flat db presses... and yes rage i felt the flush feeling ... this is hwat i've looked for ... i m not into those no shotgun, no explode supps they bother my workouts and most take like shit....
i take a serving of bcaa stak before and after workout... then i add in eaa into my water 2-3 times a day... insuring my body is getting adequete amino support.. as i get closer ot prep i'll be taking uniliver tabs with each meal and amino 1900 inbetween meals .. again i am covering all bases to not lose muscle and maximize my peserving muscle goal....

ok hit us with the q's rage jump in when ever u know the supps and why we did what we did as much as i do...

NIce thats a great start!

Mr. Dead
01-14-09, 5:41 pm
On the N1-T... Are you guys doubling up the dose, or keeping it as listed...?

Lunatic001
01-14-09, 5:41 pm
D,

What is your opinion of M-stak while dieting, since it's a nutrition partitioning supplements?

Thanks,
Lunatic

P.S. Keep us posted on your results using the supps....great insight....thanks a lot!

The Freak
01-14-09, 6:53 pm
taking 4 pre workout...

lunatic,

the m-stak is good but if diet is off your just wasting a good product, as u have seen Vinnie say , diet comes first...people think supps will help them cut corners do the work do the diet do the cardio only way to get there supps aid the whole process in different stages...

Lunatic001
01-14-09, 7:03 pm
taking 4 pre workout...
lunatic,
the m-stak is good but if diet is off your just wasting a good product, as u have seen Vinnie say , diet comes first...people think supps will help them cut corners do the work do the diet do the cardio only way to get there supps aid the whole process in different stages...

Cool insight.....I am off supps right now and I am trying to get my diet down.....once that is on points I'll start adding supps if needed........thanks for the input...

Lunatic

Rage
01-14-09, 7:36 pm
lol

ok ok we'll talk lol

animal pump
n1-t
animal stak...

Ya...taking Stak, Pump and N1T pre workout creates an insane pump and boost to drive you through the training...but hey..did I hear you say 405 was your bitch...?...it's my bitch next week brother!

InkdMuscle
01-14-09, 10:50 pm
Ya...taking Stak, Pump and N1T pre workout creates an insane pump and boost to drive you through the training...but hey..did I hear you say 405 was your bitch...?...it's my bitch next week brother!

Ok call my stupid what is N1T. I never heard of that. WIll Freak or Rage enlighten me.

Maharg
01-14-09, 11:15 pm

Just saw this on youtube, thought i might bring it into here. Shows of what The Freak is made of.

Renji007
01-14-09, 11:22 pm
Freak, Rage.

What other Aminos do you guys take besides Uniliver and Nitro?

I'm an amino acid junkie, always have a pack or two in my car or in my bookbag and am looking for something new to add to the list. Preferably something that I can mix in with milk before bed since I'd rather save the pills for when I'm am out and am heading towards that next meal but am a bit prolonged.

The Freak
01-15-09, 1:15 am
bcaa stak and eaa stak.. watermelon rocks as far as eaa 2 teaspoons.... i put it in my water as i drink during training clients and bcaa pre post and during pre contest i add it to my water tooo...... inexpensive as well....

naturalguy
01-15-09, 8:43 am

Just saw this on youtube, thought i might bring it into here. Shows of what The Freak is made of.

That is just not human

Rage
01-15-09, 10:14 am
hence...the Animals...

nck219
01-15-09, 10:15 am

So thats what 405x30 looks like...lol Im not really finding any words to describe that. Like NG said, thats just not human!! Deffinately lookin forward to this matchup at the cage! Regradless who wins, this is gonna be one hell of a showdown...Better get to the cage early for this one, I dont wanna have to be standing behind 200 people tryin to get a glimpse!!! lol

Rage
01-15-09, 10:21 am
Ok call my stupid what is N1T. I never heard of that. WIll Freak or Rage enlighten me.

N1T is one of the best test boosting products I've ever taken...

naturalguy
01-15-09, 11:09 am
So thats what 405x30 looks like...lol Im not really finding any words to describe that. Like NG said, thats just not human!! Deffinately lookin forward to this matchup at the cage! Regradless who wins, this is gonna be one hell of a showdown...Better get to the cage early for this one, I dont wanna have to be standing behind 200 people tryin to get a glimpse!!! lol

You may not have to fight the crowd:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=613576#post613576

Lunatic001
01-15-09, 11:16 am
I am not going to the Arnold but that sound like a great promo.....I have to say that seeing it live, 405xdouble digit reps is an awesome sight!!!!

sifusteve
01-15-09, 11:37 am
Every time I come to this thread I leave pumped up and ready to squat big numbers both rep. and wt..
I better leave that to the younger healthier animals!

InkdMuscle
01-15-09, 3:27 pm

Well if Rage and Freak swear by it I am gonna have to read up on it. Since im damn near 30 nooooooooooooooooooooo =D i could use the extra test boost.

Mr. Dead
01-15-09, 6:04 pm

Do you think I should run it with Stak, currently...?

The Freak
01-15-09, 6:42 pm
def i do as well as pump the 3 give me a killer pump....

Rage
01-15-09, 7:22 pm

X2!!

InkdMuscle
01-16-09, 9:57 am

X2!!

Im wait'n on my pump as we speak. and im put'n in an order for N1-T. I cant wait...tick tock tick tock.

Mr. Dead
01-16-09, 11:36 am

X2!!

It will be in my next order...

Vinny G
01-18-09, 7:10 am
as the MC for the CAGE, i find these two guys are going to be the most fun to MC.

i was on the phone last night with rage, and he was telling me all his secrets on how he is planning to squash freak. something about having freaks pictures posted all around the squat rack, and laughing while squating....i think we might have a battle on our hands.

he is pumped for this.....rage is a man on a mission

freak, are you ready for this............lol

sanga
01-18-09, 8:08 am
lol

Mr. Dead
01-18-09, 11:59 am
as the MC for the CAGE, i find these two guys are going to be the most fun to MC.

i was on the phone last night with rage, and he was telling me all his secrets on how he is planning to squash freak. something about having freaks pictures posted all around the squat rack, and laughing while squating....i think we might have a battle on our hands.

Somebody DEFINITELY better be videotaping this, when it goes down!!! *L*

Rage
01-19-09, 1:24 pm
I have called upon the experience of my good friend SifuSteve, to help come up with a strategy to at least stay in the same ballpark as my brother Freak...Steve has well over 20 years experience as a trainer in the iron game and has been a big help in this quest. This Wednesday, we will put together a vid of where I'm at in this squat competition so far...It will be only me with 405 in the power rack...no spotter...just like it will be in the Cage...

Rage
01-19-09, 1:25 pm

LOL...Vinny, my brother, you know how to stir the pot...I WILL be ready for this event...

Rage
01-19-09, 1:27 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on Freak, when you, Pete and I first met at the NPC Team Universe in 2000 you where squating a ton of weight for reps-like a monster-DEEP ASS SQUATS....I won't tell the forum your exact weight and reps--NO NEED TO SCARE ANY ONE IN JANUARY!

But Rage, and OLDER guy like me does train very hard and has some cut-big wheels...It is going to be a great show!

Rage in the Cage brother...Freak and I are both going balls out for this event..

InkdMuscle
01-19-09, 2:00 pm
I have called upon the experience of my good friend SifuSteve, to help come up with a strategy to at least stay in the same ballpark as my brother Freak...Steve has well over 20 years experience as a trainer in the iron game and has been a big help in this quest. This Wednesday, we will put together a vid of where I'm at in this squat competition so far...It will be only me with 405 in the power rack...no spotter...just like it will be in the Cage...

Rage in the Cage brother...Freak and I are both going balls out for this event..

This is one big event i am so looking forward too. In one corner you have one Devoted monster and the 2nd corner my mentor , both banging it out with no excuses. Cant get any better then this..

The Freak
01-19-09, 2:04 pm
rage brother,

u use a spot as i do... not assisting but right there for you, dont be stupid...lolol

this past week was a tough one, not sure if massage hindered my performance but it was a hard one for sure.... 405 29, 455 for 21 500 for 13.... not bad i guess but i was looking for 35 or better.. legs are sorer than ever so its time for a week off.. so luckily the ironman pro is this week falls on my leg day so , im taking off the week to rest the quads.. then hit it hard for another 5 weeks , the week before the arnold ,i'll back off so i, well rested...
i plan on spotting rage for the event, i want him to get more than ever !

D

InkdMuscle
01-19-09, 2:15 pm
rage brother,

u use a spot as i do... not assisting but right there for you, dont be stupid...lolol

this past week was a tough one, not sure if massage hindered my performance but it was a hard one for sure.... 405 29, 455 for 21 500 for 13.... not bad i guess but i was looking for 35 or better.. legs are sorer than ever so its time for a week off.. so luckily the ironman pro is this week falls on my leg day so , im taking off the week to rest the quads.. then hit it hard for another 5 weeks , the week before the arnold ,i'll back off so i, well rested...

D

Damn D. 500 for 13 is no joke. One day ill get to say that too. Yeah I plan on going to the Ironman..Hopefully i will see ya there.

Rage
01-19-09, 2:34 pm
rage brother,

D

It's Squat Till You Drop brother...I set the side supports just below paralell so I don't hit them during the reps, but when going to failure I know they are there to catch me...Call me crazy...call me stupid...Call me Rage in the Cage brother...

The Freak
01-19-09, 2:34 pm
if you do inked , please walk up and say hi and that goes for anyone else here.. i hear i look unapproachable, , im just a quiet and reserved guy at the events... but enjoy meeting new people al lthe time...

sifusteve
01-19-09, 5:17 pm
It's Squat Till You Drop brother...I set the side supports just below paralell so I don't hit them during the reps, but when going to failure I know they are there to catch me...Call me crazy...call me stupid...Call me Rage in the Cage brother...

The last thing I would want to see is my brother RAGE hurt. I have been his spotter since training with him again and I have a hard time not being there for him now. We have talked about this many times and weighed the options/downside.
RAGE wants to do this solo...he can do this solo...His choice. Were never far away.
RAGE IN THE CAGE...405 for (pick some crazy number and place here)

InkdMuscle
01-19-09, 6:52 pm
if you do inked , please walk up and say hi and that goes for anyone else here.. i hear i look unapproachable, , im just a quiet and reserved guy at the events... but enjoy meeting new people al lthe time...

Are you gonna be any where in perticular?? or just there as a spectactor?

Ill def say hi.. I know the real Freak!!! =D

Rage
01-20-09, 12:24 pm
The Cage MC...yesterday at 225 lbs. Now that is some fucking peak on those biceps..

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/Ragingmuscle/Vinny1-19-09.jpg

Lunatic001
01-20-09, 4:07 pm
I wish I would be there live to really feel the atmosphere and energy in the room! They will represent the West to the fullest!

Rage
01-20-09, 7:21 pm
Tomorrow will be my first attempt at 30 reps with 405...I can already feel the drum roll...Russell and Steve will have some video...Freak..your going to have to share that 405. Tomorrow it's my bitch...

Vinny G
01-21-09, 7:33 am
Tomorrow will be my first attempt at 30 reps with 405...I can already feel the drum roll...Russell and Steve will have some video...Freak..your going to have to share that 405. Tomorrow it's my bitch...

rage, is it really true that you have a picture of freak hanging up on the squat rack in vintage early 90's black and white spandex?

Mr. Aestheticz
01-21-09, 7:46 am
Very Nice!!!

naturalguy
01-21-09, 8:23 am
Rumor has it there may be a monolift at the Cage this year if you guys prefer using that.

Rage
01-21-09, 10:02 am
rage, is it really true that you have a picture of freak hanging up on the squat rack in vintage early 90's black and white spandex?

LOL...ya back when he the mullet...oh those big hair days..

Rage
01-21-09, 10:02 am
Rumor has it there may be a monolift at the Cage this year if you guys prefer using that.

Couple tanks of oxygen too brother..

InkdMuscle
01-21-09, 10:15 am
lets move it boss. 30 reps are yours. you got it. aint nutt'n to it but to do it.

The Freak
01-21-09, 1:28 pm
they were lime green and black spandex get it straight... lololol

Rage
01-21-09, 2:02 pm

Oh us old timers...what about those scrunchy thick socks back in the day..

Mr. Dead
01-21-09, 2:06 pm

Don't forget the fanny packs... *L*

Rage
01-21-09, 2:36 pm
Oh..so I guess I won't wear mine during the Cage event..damn it..

Mr. Dead
01-21-09, 2:38 pm
Oh..so I guess I won't wear mine during the Cage event..damn it..

Brother, at your size, I think you could wear whatever the hell you wanted to, and nobody would say a damn thing... *L*

Rage
01-21-09, 6:29 pm
.....405 was my bitch today...video to follow later...

sifusteve
01-22-09, 8:09 am
Here it is...the much anticipate vidio of RAGES trial run of 405 for reps..lets here some noise out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJYgVaXJJdw

Firedrake
01-22-09, 8:55 am
Here it is...the much anticipate vidio of RAGES trial run of 405 for reps..lets here some noise out there!

w00t! Sweet lookin' squats, boss! If you're doing 30 now, I can easily see 50, 60 or more by the Arnold! I won't bitch about leg presses any more, honest!

Hollow
01-22-09, 9:01 am
Piece of freaking cake Rage!!! Damn I could feel my stomach starting to churn half way through that video!

I still think by the time the Arnold rolls around the stakes are going to be higher.

Mr. Aestheticz
01-22-09, 10:17 am
This Is Just Going To Be Absolutely Nuts To Watch!

sifusteve
01-22-09, 10:42 am
Still waiting to here from Mr. FREAK!

Rage
01-22-09, 10:50 am
Yesterday he told me he plans on putting up a PR next week...this will be a close contest...

sifusteve
01-22-09, 10:50 am
This Is Just Going To Be Absolutely Nuts To Watch!

Were still six weeks out!

InkdMuscle
01-22-09, 11:02 am

HELL YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Good shit boss. See we all knew you could do it. Keep it up.

darkcloud1721
01-22-09, 1:15 pm

Fuk yeah Rage! Man, I wish I could get to the arnold. I havent had the pleasure of meeting the Freak... yet. But this contest sounds like it's gonna bring the animals out the these guys more than it already is. Best of luck to both Rage & Freak!!

Rage
01-22-09, 1:37 pm
Fuk yeah Rage! Man, I wish I could get to the arnold. I havent had the pleasure of meeting the Freak... yet. But this contest sounds like it's gonna bring the animals out the these guys more than it already is. Best of luck to both Rage & Freak!!

Thanks brother...I have a lot of respect for Derik. It will be a competition to see..that you can bet on..

The Freak
01-22-09, 1:38 pm
waited up til 10 last night to watch it ... can anyone post it here ? my adobe flash is messed up cant see it grrr.....

sifusteve
01-22-09, 2:00 pm

Don't forget the fanny packs... *L*

I still don't know why they have to be the OLD DAYS!
I still have my gear...don't lie...so do you!
LM_AO!

sifusteve
01-22-09, 2:02 pm
waited up til 10 last night to watch it ... can anyone post it here ? my adobe flash is messed up cant see it grrr.....

I don't know of any other way to post it )other than youtube)...I have the original on my computer...Ideas?

Freak
01-22-09, 2:05 pm
Fucking nice. This is what Animal is all about, the friendly competition that maybe aint' so friendly. Yo, The Freak, sweet ass name.

sifusteve
01-22-09, 2:13 pm
Fucking nice. This is what Animal is all about, the friendly competition that maybe aint' so friendly. Yo, The Freak, sweet ass name.

HEY...theirs two of you?
Thats all we need! LOL

Hoomgar
01-22-09, 2:19 pm

Sick Rage! Rippin it up bro! 30 reps and some Chevelle goin while doing it!

Very nice...

Hg

Rage
01-22-09, 2:43 pm
Sick Rage! Rippin it up bro! 30 reps and some Chevelle goin while doing it!

Very nice...

Hg

Thanks bro...the flames coming off my quads were so hot I thought I was going to fry my junk..and set the building a blaze..

InkdMuscle
01-22-09, 3:04 pm

HEY...theirs two of you?
Thats all we need! LOL

HAHA and you thought i was bad. LOL

Freak
01-22-09, 3:36 pm
HEY...theirs two of you?
Thats all we need! LOL

I was here first.

The Freak
01-22-09, 5:22 pm
the first? maybe on here but the name ''the freak'' ive had since my boys gave it to me back in 93....

Rage
01-23-09, 10:18 am
the first? maybe on here but the name ''the freak'' ive had since my boys gave it to me back in 93....

You have to meet this guy to really know why they call him "The Freak"...I'm 5'10"..he's 5'2" but has the same shoulder width as I do...truely a genetic freak to say the least...unbelievably strong..incredible symmetry..I'm honored to do this lift with him..

You better get me another big number next week brother...I need some more motivation..

The Freak
01-23-09, 11:21 am
rage,

ask for it , and it will come.......

Elite
01-23-09, 12:07 pm
You have to meet this guy to really know why they call him "The Freak"...I'm 5'10"..he's 5'2" but has the same shoulder width as I do...truely a genetic freak to say the least...unbelievably strong..incredible symmetry..I'm honored to do this lift with him..

You better get me another big number next week brother...I need some more motivation..

It kills me how your only 5ft 10'. In pictures and person, you look well over 6ft. I was really really suprised when i see your stats on the bb.com page. I cant get my head around your the same height as me??? But then the art of bodybuilding is creating an illusion at times.

Rage
01-23-09, 12:29 pm
rage,

ask for it , and it will come.......

That's what I'm talking about....40+

Rage
01-23-09, 12:29 pm
It kills me how your only 5ft 10'. In pictures and person, you look well over 6ft. I was really really suprised when i see your stats on the bb.com page. I cant get my head around your the same height as me??? But then the art of bodybuilding is creating an illusion at times.

That it is...

Mr. Dead
01-23-09, 12:43 pm

He seems even larger in person...

Elite
01-23-09, 3:23 pm

I know, thats what i dont get. I could undertand it from pictures, but seeing him in person, as i did all through the '08 Arnold, seemed a giant.

Im really excited about seeing this go down. Two class acts.

Mr. Dead
01-23-09, 3:29 pm
I know, thats what i dont get. I could undertand it from pictures, but seeing him in person, as i did all through the '08 Arnold, seemed a giant.

Im really excited about seeing this go down. Two class acts.

Definitely...

Firedrake
01-23-09, 3:38 pm

I can vouch for that -- I'm 6'2", and Rage FEELS bigger than me . . .

The Freak
01-23-09, 4:58 pm
rage , hopefully by tonight i'll see your kick ass squat... told pete he was laughing and loved it , his words after laughing were'' ok time to get 40''so the pressure is on ,its 35 no less but i know if i get 35 i'll get 40 or fall down trying... we're gona video it for sure... good stuf though rage, this thing is getting bigger by the moment...!

d

Rage
01-23-09, 7:25 pm
rage , hopefully by tonight i'll see your kick ass squat... told pete he was laughing and loved it , his words after laughing were'' ok time to get 40''so the pressure is on ,its 35 no less but i know if i get 35 i'll get 40 or fall down trying... we're gona video it for sure... good stuf though rage, this thing is getting bigger by the moment...!

d

The bar gets higher and higher...

InkdMuscle
01-25-09, 2:14 pm
Nice see'n ya at the Ironman D.

PS-The Ironman Mag i grabbed has a some photos of you in it.

sifusteve
01-27-09, 1:43 pm
Why is this thread sooooo quiet!

Mr. Dead
01-27-09, 1:44 pm
Why is this thread sooooo quiet!

I was just wondering the same thing... Almost like a storm is brewing...

Rage
01-27-09, 3:30 pm
I'm sure there is a storm on it's way if I know Freak...

Toni69
01-27-09, 4:17 pm
hey..I need a front row seat to this event cause Im like the smallest person on this forum..you all better make a bit of room for me or Im gonna be sitting on someones shoulders! ;)...dont make me step on toes and kick shins and the backs of all your knees to get myself through all of you. I will do it! LOL

naturalguy
01-27-09, 4:34 pm
hey..I need a front row seat to this event cause Im like the smallest person on this forum..you all better make a bit of room for me or Im gonna be sitting on someones shoulders! ;)...dont make me step on toes and kick shins and the backs of all your knees to get myself through all of you. I will do it! LOL

We could put you on someone's shoulders

InkdMuscle
01-27-09, 4:35 pm
I'm sure there is a storm on it's way if I know Freak...

ITs the calm before the storm. If i know Rage hes busting his ass on legs. And Freak being the monster that he is, is probably squating with a truck on his back.

Rage
01-27-09, 6:52 pm
Great leg day today..

Extensions 50/40/30
Squats 2 sets of 20 non stop w/455 lbs.
Leg Press 3 x 50
Lying Curls 2 x 15
Freaks Hamstring blaster 2 x 15

Firedrake
01-27-09, 10:59 pm
. . . I repeat what I said earlier - - I'll let you handle the heavy squats! Sheesh!

Good looking legs, boss! BIG ASS LEGS!

Mr. Dead
01-28-09, 10:56 am
Great leg day today..

Extensions 50/40/30
Leg Press 3 x 50
Lying Curls 2 x 15

Killer session!!! I know those wheels had to be fried!!!

InkdMuscle
01-28-09, 11:17 am
Great leg day today..

Extensions 50/40/30
Leg Press 3 x 50
Lying Curls 2 x 15

Good work boss!!!

What is the "Freak Hamstring Blaster" i keep hearing.

Rage
01-28-09, 11:59 am
. . . I repeat what I said earlier - - I'll let you handle the heavy squats! Sheesh!

Good looking legs, boss! BIG ASS LEGS!

Going up to 500 lbs for 2 sets of 20 next week..

Killer session!!! I know those wheels had to be fried!!!

Not too bad this time around...

Good work boss!!!

What is the "Freak Hamstring Blaster" i keep hearing.

This I would have to show you in person...maybe Freak will post a YouTube vid at some point..very effective hamstring exercise..

Mr. Dead
01-28-09, 12:23 pm
Going up to 500 lbs for 2 sets of 20 next week..

Not too bad this time around...

This I would have to show you in person...maybe Freak will post a YouTube vid at some point..very effective hamstring exercise..

500 for 20... Piece of cake... For you, anyhow... *L* Definitely looking forward to April, when you can show me the Freak's Hamstring blaster!!!

sifusteve
01-28-09, 12:45 pm
Great leg day today..

Great leg day...Good strenght...Good recovery between sets.

For all those that weren't there...RAGE made both sets of 20 @ 455 look real easy...He had great power throughtout the set...good Rhythm.

RAGE will put up the numbers in the cage!

Maharg
01-28-09, 1:06 pm
We could put you on someone's shoulders

Machine would be a willing volunteer im sure.

InkdMuscle
01-28-09, 3:08 pm

Yo Freak!!! any chance of u put'n up a vid of the Hamstring Blaster for all of us??

The Freak
01-28-09, 4:07 pm

The Freak
01-28-09, 4:20 pm
will try and video it this weekend .... dealing with a few things right now , sorry for my absence....

InkdMuscle
01-28-09, 11:22 pm
will try and video it this weekend .... dealing with a few things right now , sorry for my absence....

Freak dont worry about. Take care of what you need to brotha. When you get a chance no rush!!!

Rage
01-29-09, 10:09 pm
Little over 5 weeks to go...Freak and I went over some parameters..he'd like to see me hit a little deeper so I'm going to do what I can to even things out a bit since you guys know this dude can floor it..I'm a hamstring parallel squatter a bit more like Ronnie Coleman and he's an ATG squatter like..ah...The Freak. I'm getting a little jealous of that range of motion of his, but hey..this tall guy needs his knees for Nationals.

We both agreed to go without a spotter in The Cage...getting down to the wire..

Vinny G
01-29-09, 10:15 pm
Little over 5 weeks to go...Freak and I went over some parameters..he'd like to see me hit a little deeper so I'm going to do what I can to even things out a bit since you guys know this dude can floor it..I'm a hamstring parallel squatter a bit more like Ronnie Coleman and he's an ATG squatter like..ah...The Freak. I'm getting a little jealous of that range of motion of his, but hey..this tall guy needs his knees for Nationals.

We both agreed to go without a spotter in The Cage...getting down to the wire..

just remember guys....you only have SQUATS to warm up with in the CAGE.

no leg ext, leg curls, leg press....i think you should start warming up and training just with squats to get your body used to it.

you guys are BODYBUILDER not POWER LIFTERS -

do this smart.

Rage
01-29-09, 10:20 pm

no leg ext, leg curls, leg press....i think you should start warming up and training just with squats to get your body used to it.

do this smart.

Good idea for the warm ups...forgot to mention you'd probably like to see me healthy for Nationals too..Bodybuilder not Powerlifter..got it..

The Freak
01-29-09, 11:37 pm
i agree with vinnie 100% thats why in begining i said wraps/ belts... we r bbers , and the enviroment with be totalllllllly different than what me and rage are used to in our own dungeons....
we're both gona show up and kick ass like we both know how to, but do it smart.. we have bigger stages to step on and health is the most important thing here...
they just better have an h20 tank and a good meal for us later on lolol....6'2'' doing 405 for reps , hmmm how many people do that , i know very few .....
guys is going to be fun , rages, and freaks belong in cages and we like that .....

Firedrake
01-30-09, 12:13 am
I'm really looking forward to this, guys -- I can't wait, and I'll have the video camera with me!

InkdMuscle
01-30-09, 1:13 am
This is gonna be one of the main events in the cage. Im so stoaked.

sifusteve
01-30-09, 1:24 am

do this smart.

Here we go...I hope RAGE and THE FREAK reach a workable agreement on the depth for this event. Truth be told...I have been helping/training RAGE for this event for weeks now and I will take the blame for his training depth (hamstring parallel).
I have been in (and out) of BB for 30 years. NO i am not nor have I ever been a National competitor but, do I have to be to have been around enough to know the ropes...how to get big...look strong...fit the part of a BB. One look at me after only six months back in the lifestyle will give you that answer but' this is not about me. Years of training in BB have shown that the best quadriceps development comes from a paralell that is defined as the hamstring. A constant and continuous resistance on the muscle. I did not make this up but I have put it to the test. I have a 2300 lb leg press for reps(12)...I have a 800 lb sqaut...yes for reps (3-hamstring parallel) I am not a power lifter so I didn't adhere to those rules...I didn't need to for my chosen sport.
There does need to be guidelines for this FRIENDLY competition...the way I see it...405 at any depth for reps makes these men at the top of their game!

Any thoughts?

46and2
01-30-09, 2:37 am
I agree with sifusteve. Are you power lifters or body builders? This is not worth injury.

Vinny G
01-30-09, 5:31 am
Here we go...I hope RAGE and THE FREAK reach a workable agreement on the depth for this event. Truth be told...I have been helping/training RAGE for this event for weeks now and I will take the blame for his training depth (hamstring parallel).
I have been in (and out) of BB for 30 years. NO i am not nor have I ever been a National competitor but, do I have to be to have been around enough to know the ropes...how to get big...look strong...fit the part of a BB. One look at me after only six months back in the lifestyle will give you that answer but' this is not about me. Years of training in BB have shown that the best quadriceps development comes from a paralell that is defined as the hamstring. A constant and continuous resistance on the muscle. I did not make this up but I have put it to the test. I have a 2300 lb leg press for reps(12)...I have a 800 lb sqaut...yes for reps (3-hamstring parallel) I am not a power lifter so I didn't adhere to those rules...I didn't need to for my chosen sport.
There does need to be guidelines for this FRIENDLY competition...the way I see it...405 at any depth for reps makes these men at the top of their game!

Any thoughts?

i been thinking about this:

both guys should do their own thing.

since rage is very tall, its impressive to see a guy that tall squat that much, that LOW even if its not all the way down.

now you have freak at 5'5"? squating the same weight with ass to the groud...fucking impressive as well.

i think they should squat with how they are comfortable....bottom line.

Sgt Rock
01-30-09, 7:42 am
Im gonna jump in here, I have NOT read the entire thread yet. But I will give my opinion on squat depth. I have trained, corresponsed with many top level bbers and world champ powerlifters as well, and I feel A LEGAL POWERLIFTING SQUAT OR DEEPER GIVES THE BEST LEG DEVELOPMENT, PERIOD. Hamstrings parallel will vary greatly between lifters. A legal PL squat or below equals better leg development over a higher squat, so says Ronnie, Jay and a laundry list of others including the BEST legs of all time, PLATZ. How deep should these guys squat? Its their contest, but at least parallel will be the best way to judge it and make it more fair. If the shorter of the two wants to go lower due to leverage then he truly should, leaving no doubt as to his depth, either way there are really two types of squats, those that are parallel or below, and those that wished they went that deep.

Semper Fi

The Freak
01-30-09, 8:02 am
i agree with sgt rock on quite a few of his comments, and as well siusteve, the way i was taught and always understood was if your femur bone is not parallel to the ground its not a squat, im talking a ''gym squat'' powerlifting there is a pause but in the gym it was parallel or bust....
siusteve , non stop motion is what works best for me , you see ronnie do it as well, for one it does keep the tension off the knee and i've had best results..
ive never heard of the hamstring squat and actually asked a few oldtimers and other guys i respect at the gym and they never had , a few debated and gave me a few thoughts, as , we all have different size hamstrings so even if u had 2 guys same height one had huge hamstrings one was average the depth would be different no? with the femur there is no question.. thats my take..
but in the end we all seem to agree i guess, do whats right for the individual, neither one of use should change form , if what we are ech doing is working for us why change?
i have to say i like the debate here, theres alot i mean alot of yrs of experience with the men who have been posting , you can see how diverse bbing / weightlifting is, and the end results show progress is all ways...

sifusteve
01-30-09, 8:30 am
This is what makes us better...keep it coming!

Rage
01-30-09, 9:18 am
At about 5 weeks out, I', not going to change my training to accomadate ATG period. Freaks comment on Ronnie are correct...I've never heard him talk about deep squats...his style of training is what gave me some good quads for the stage in the first place..it is what it is. It's a fun event...like Vinny and Freak have both said...no need to change training styles. Everyone has seen my vid and Freaks...we'll bring that and more to The Cage. I could care less what anyone else has to say about depth..my training plans include Nationals next year...I train the way that works best for me and bringing another Pro Card to Universal.

mritter3
01-30-09, 9:23 am
after seeing the video of freak, man that dude is a fricken beast, cannot wait to see what goes down at the cage.

Universal Rep
01-30-09, 9:24 am
I understand things are gettin' a little hot in here...

J-Dawg
01-30-09, 9:42 am
This is gonna be good.

Mr. Dead
01-30-09, 10:43 am
At about 5 weeks out, I', not going to change my training to accomadate ATG period. Freaks comment on Ronnie are correct...I've never heard him talk about deep squats...his style of training is what gave me some good quads for the stage in the first place..it is what it is. It's a fun event...like Vinny and Freak have both said...no need to change training styles. Everyone has seen my vid and Freaks...we'll bring that and more to The Cage. I could care less what anyone else has to say about depth..my training plans include Nationals next year...I train the way that works best for me and bringing another Pro Card to Universal.

Training hard and smart... You'll have that pro card, for sure...

shortstack
01-30-09, 10:47 am
All the ???? vs ???? are going to be great events and not so much about perfect reps or how it's done in competition. It's all about a couple of guys showing hundreds of other guys and gals what the brohterhood we share is all about. I think that however their form is it will impress the hell out of me.

Although I must say that I love it when the big boys, Freak, Sgt.Rock, U-Rep, Rage, J-Dawg and anyone else that I missed start discussing stuff. I could spend days soaking up that kind of free, glimps into their knowledge, info.

Keep up the good work guys.
shortstack

Rage
01-30-09, 10:50 am
All the ???? vs ???? are going to be great events and not so much about perfect reps or how it's done in competition. It's all about a couple of guys showing hundreds of other guys and gals what the brohterhood we share is all about. I think that however their form is it will impress the hell out of me.

Although I must say that I love it when the big boys, Freak, Sgt.Rock, U-Rep, Rage, J-Dawg and anyone else that I missed start discussing stuff. I could spend days soaking up that kind of free, glimps into their knowledge, info.

Keep up the good work guys.
shortstack

This is the core of what it's about...well put!

Rage
01-30-09, 10:51 am
Training hard and smart... You'll have that pro card, for sure...

On the way..Vinny has me training pretty hard right now (and smart lol)

Vinny G
01-30-09, 11:02 am
On the way..Vinny has me training pretty hard right now (and smart lol)

smart and HARD....the masters level is no joke.

i took it a little easy in 07 and had my ASS HANDED TO ME.

THESE OLD FUCKS TOOK ME TO SCHOOL....ONLY TO COME BACK A YEAR LATER TO TAKE WHAT WAS MINE.

RAGE...WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?

Rage
01-30-09, 11:06 am
smart and HARD....the masters level is no joke.

i took it a little easy in 07 and had my ASS HANDED TO ME.

THESE OLD FUCKS TOOK ME TO SCHOOL....ONLY TO COME BACK A YEAR LATER TO TAKE WHAT WAS MINE.

RAGE...WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?

I'm gonna fucking take it home brother!! I have to admit prepping for The Cage has been a lot of fun, but I will bring it to The Cage and to Nationals!

naturalguy
01-30-09, 11:09 am

Agreed. The amount of weights and reps these guys are going to do is mind boggling to me. Much respect for both of them.

Vinny G
01-30-09, 11:13 am
Agreed. The amount of weights and reps these guys are going to do is mind boggling to me. Much respect for both of them.

damn, i have a lot of COUNTING to do....this is one of the CAGE'S i'm looking forward to MCing.

Rage
01-30-09, 11:17 am
damn, i have a lot of COUNTING to do....this is one of the CAGE'S i'm looking forward to MCing.

One things for sure...you'll have me, Freak and the crowd fucking fired up! We'll be throwing 405 around like its a fucking baby bottle!

InkdMuscle
01-30-09, 11:23 am
Well i have had the pleasure of training with both this monsters(Rage and Freak). Freak being more close to my stature(in height that is) His leg development is bar none. I have watch'd his videos and he gets real deep in his squats. Now Rage is another monstrous of man who likes going parallel. Now I have had the privilege of having rage train me personally since dec. I have seen this mans quads as well, Flipp'n HUUUUUGEE. I have received priceless advice from both on squats. But it comes down to what works best for the individual. I have tried parallel and deeper. I come to find for me that parallel is the way to go. My quads and hams are fried by the end of my squat's. So to each is his own. I would stay with what works best for Rage and what best works for Freak. Both are top notch BB'ers and they know the game really well. Def dont want to risk inj. for either. Squats is just one of those exercises that is never the same for any two individuals but done balls out and the outcome will produce monstrous legs for both.

Rage
02-02-09, 10:25 am
Rumor has it Freak might be putting up another vid soon with 30+ reps...SifuSteve was telling me the other day that Tom Platz had a PR of 28 with 405...Freak is really an exceptional athlete to be able to do what he can at his own personal weight (which is certainly much lighter than Platz and mine) and reps with 405.

Big Byrd
02-02-09, 10:28 am
this sounds painful! i can get about oh, 5 reps, with 405. Add a plate or take it off, the same. Anything over 5 reps on squats and i think my heart would explode and my lungs collapse! haha This should be interesting to watch... not the squats, the projectile vomitting to follow!!! haha

Rage
02-02-09, 10:59 am
this sounds painful! i can get about oh, 5 reps, with 405. Add a plate or take it off, the same. Anything over 5 reps on squats and i think my heart would explode and my lungs collapse! haha This should be interesting to watch... not the squats, the projectile vomitting to follow!!! haha

Oh come one Big Byrd...My guess is you'd put up about a 100+...hell, maybe you could take my place! LOL

Mr. Dead
02-02-09, 11:32 am
Rumor has it Freak might be putting up another vid soon with 30+ reps...SifuSteve was telling me the other day that Tom Platz had a PR of 28 with 405...Freak is really an exceptional athlete to be able to do what he can at his own personal weight (which is certainly much lighter than Platz and mine) and reps with 405.

You guys are both going to blow 30 out of the water, at the Cage... Add in, all the adrenaline, and it's definitely going to be a sight to see!!!

Maharg
02-02-09, 12:20 pm
If you go on youtube Tom platz has a vid of squatting 500x23 reps.

Rage
02-02-09, 12:58 pm

Oh shit..I stand corrected..how old is the vid? Maybe post the link on this thread..that would be cool.

LittleMan55
02-02-09, 1:18 pm
Oh shit..I stand corrected..how old is the vid? Maybe post the link on this thread..that would be cool.

here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtVvYk1HWw

I can't wait to see this craziness!!!

sifusteve
02-02-09, 1:21 pm

That is a great vid...what year? The stat of him doing 405 for 28 reps came from a 1988 Weider publication...also listed him doing 52 reps with 350 and 10 straight minutes of squating 225...ouch (prior to the 1977 Mr. American comp). all in all...we will see the like at the Arnold this year...go get em guys!

The Freak
02-02-09, 1:35 pm
ONE OF THOSE DAYS....

well guys sat came and went and freak sucked... lol [ my words]

felt pretty good as i warmed up, brandon said he felt short breathed in the gym, and pete was feelign a bit tired, i thought it was just a tad warm but have felt it alot worse....

on first set of 405 i got like 20 in a row then i just began to fatigue, ended up stopping at 24... brandons first words were , ''your first set sucked'' damn i love blunt people.. dont kiss up to me , glad he speaks his mind...
so 2nd set i said fuck this and went to 500, making sure pete doesnt spot me ended getting i believe 13 reps.. again i was pissed but had to give in to the it one of those days...
i went for 405 again , just to get in a 3rd set.. got 15 in a row but bar was in my neck in a shityy was so i stopped to avoid injury, but i do know this based on that 2nd set of 405, i will not get under 25 for the expo, on my worst days i can plow 20 in a row without thinking no spot,so 25-30 is gona be a no brainer above 30? will be th3 adrenaline and the atmposphere that will play a role...
i mentioned earlier i na post i was going through somethings, basically its my studies, taking a class for massage school and have an A.R.T seminar this weekend and have to pass test so i know my brain is fatigued ,all that plus a fulltime training /massage company and my own traoining ,, once its over i'll be refreshed and able to put that pressure behind me
i myself hate excuses, it was a sucky session and i'm putting it behind me ...
so no excuses i sucked , i'll train legs next sunday and will be ready for battle come march 7th... i promise you that....

sifusteve
02-02-09, 1:46 pm
ONE OF THOSE DAYS....

felt pretty good as i warmed up, brandon said he felt short breathed in the gym, and pete was feelign a bit tired, i thought it was just a tad warm but have felt it alot worse....

on first set of 405 i got like 20 in a row then i just began to fatigue, ended up stopping at 24... brandons first words were , ''your first set sucked'' damn i love blunt people.. dont kiss up to me , glad he speaks his mind...
so 2nd set i said fuck this and went to 500, making sure pete doesnt spot me ended getting i believe 13 reps.. again i was pissed but had to give in to the it one of those days...
i went for 405 again , just to get in a 3rd set.. got 15 in a row but bar was in my neck in a shityy was so i stopped to avoid injury, but i do know this based on that 2nd set of 405, i will not get under 25 for the expo, on my worst days i can plow 20 in a row without thinking no spot,so 25-30 is gona be a no brainer above 30? will be th3 adrenaline and the atmposphere that will play a role...
i mentioned earlier i na post i was going through somethings, basically its my studies, taking a class for massage school and have an A.R.T seminar this weekend and have to pass test so i know my brain is fatigued ,all that plus a fulltime training /massage company and my own traoining ,, once its over i'll be refreshed and able to put that pressure behind me
so no excuses i sucked , i'll train legs next sunday and will be ready for battle come march 7th... i promise you that....

Your "Su$k" workouts put our best to shame...hope life treats you better very soon!

Lunatic001
02-02-09, 1:47 pm
D,

No excuses, taking care of business is your style....you'll be back stronger....but even in a bad day you are still a FREAK!

Lunatic

Rage
02-02-09, 3:31 pm
here is the link

FUCK ME RUNNING! I love shit like that! His stance and depth are impressive. He looks like he's actually enjoying himself and smiling. You can just see those quads under those pants...holy shit. I like the end which is what Freak and I will look like...about ready to fucking fall over and in need of a full oxygen tank LOL..

Maharg
02-02-09, 3:32 pm
here is the link

Thanks for posting it man. I was in school an cant get to youtube. But that is the vid i was talking about.

Rage
02-02-09, 3:34 pm
Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate bro...just stay healthy...you'll bring your A game like you always do.

LittleMan55
02-02-09, 4:17 pm
FUCK ME RUNNING! I love shit like that! His stance and depth are impressive. He looks like he's actually enjoying himself and smiling. You can just see those quads under those pants...holy shit. I like the end which is what Freak and I will look like...about ready to fucking fall over and in need of a full oxygen tank LOL..

Thanks for posting it man. I was in school an cant get to youtube. But that is the vid i was talking about.

No problem on posting in Maharg. I knew the one you were talking about from get get go.

Rage you and the Freak beeter projectile vomit... That will make The Cage go nuts!

As for the over all discussion, I'm glad I looked that up. Now I'm even more fueled up for my own leg day!

InkdMuscle
02-02-09, 4:57 pm
ONE OF THOSE DAYS....

NO Worries D, the best of people have off days. I know u will hit it hard and keep up the intensity.

Big Byrd
02-03-09, 7:32 am
here is the link

He was wearing a single ply squat suit of the times. Not a whole lot of support, maybe 80-100 pounds with wraps on a max effort attempt.

Are u guys reppin out with briefs/suits or just shorts and belt?

Rage
02-03-09, 10:29 am
He was wearing a single ply squat suit of the times. Not a whole lot of support, maybe 80-100 pounds with wraps on a max effort attempt.

Are u guys reppin out with briefs/suits or just shorts and belt?

He about passes out at the end...

What do you suggest Byrd? So far we are thinking wraps and a belt for sure...do you think we should wear a suit?

SQUAT or DIE!
02-03-09, 10:37 am
He about passes out at the end...

What do you suggest Byrd? So far we are thinking wraps and a belt for sure...do you think we should wear a suit?

all though i am a HUGE fan of suits, i think belts+wrap would be epic to see..

Rage
02-03-09, 11:02 am
all though i am a HUGE fan of suits, i think belts+wrap would be epic to see..

I've never used one before...whatever Big Byrd says goes as far as I'm concerned with this event..he is the king of squats! Well almost anything he says..lol..I need my wraps!

LittleMan55
02-03-09, 11:20 am
If you guys wear suits we are going to have to delegate people to count. Because, lets face it there are only 10 fingers and 10 toes. That means individually we can only go to 20. So what do we need 5, 6 guys per person to count reps. That gives us up to 100 to 120...

SQUAT or DIE!
02-03-09, 11:27 am
I've never used one before...whatever Big Byrd says goes as far as I'm concerned with this event..he is the king of squats! Well almost anything he says..lol..I need my wraps!

i wont disagree with you on that.. i know theres about 30 days til the cage, and it took me a few months to really find a groove to my suit.. but if byrd says suits, then thats the gospel..

Rage
02-03-09, 11:38 am
If you guys wear suits we are going to have to delegate people to count. Because, lets face it there are only 10 fingers and 10 toes. That means individually we can only go to 20. So what do we need 5, 6 guys per person to count reps. That gives us up to 100 to 120...

LOL..depends on depth..thigh parellel or below I'm good for about 20 maybe...a little higher and I'm good for 30+...the conditioning is totally different. When I go low, I don't get as winded as when I go higher..and I get a better pump in my quads at a higher depth..I have to bow down to Byrd on the depth call though..

i wont disagree with you on that.. i know theres about 30 days til the cage, and it took me a few months to really find a groove to my suit.. but if byrd says suits, then thats the gospel..

especially if he's judging..

Vinny G
02-03-09, 12:09 pm

i respect byrd, and everyone else that lifts more than me....{ thats mostly everyone}

BUT....this is for FUN.

no rules, JUT FUCKIN SQUAT 405 FOR AS MANY REPS AS YOU CAN.

3 QUATERS, FULL RANGE, WHAT EVER....JUST SQUAT 405 PERIOD.

naturalguy
02-03-09, 12:26 pm

The crowd will be counting for sure

Rage
02-03-09, 12:37 pm
i respect byrd, and everyone else that lifts more than me....{ thats mostly everyone}

BUT....this is for FUN.

no rules, JUT FUCKIN SQUAT 405 FOR AS MANY REPS AS YOU CAN.

3 QUATERS, FULL RANGE, WHAT EVER....JUST SQUAT 405 PERIOD.

Yes sir..

Big Byrd
02-03-09, 3:53 pm
i dont care! i was just curious. 30 reps of any squat is a damn bucket set in my opinion! better have the trash cans ready! hahah

what day is this goin?

Mr. Dead
02-03-09, 3:56 pm
2 stretchers...
2 large garbage cans (Heavy Duty...)
Oxygen Tanks...
I.V. fluids...
Last Wills and Testaments...
2 Ambulances...
Am I missing, anything...?

*LOL*

sifusteve
02-03-09, 4:04 pm
2 stretchers...
Oxygen Tanks...
I.V. fluids...
2 Ambulances...

*LOL*

The waver of liability!

Rage
02-03-09, 7:07 pm
2 stretchers...
Oxygen Tanks...
I.V. fluids...
2 Ambulances...

*LOL*

Holy shit Dead...thats some funny shit right there...and leave it to Vinny to focus this on what it really is....a good time....for everyone but Freak and I...LOL

Vinny G
02-04-09, 9:02 am
Holy shit Dead...thats some funny shit right there...and leave it to Vinny to focus this on what it really is....a good time....for everyone but Freak and I...LOL

i think its gonna be fun for all, love seeing guys fuckin puke in a can.

i'm buyin dinner for who ever throws up FIRST.

just think, you will be a YOUTUBE star.

you'll make it big time.....yeah eat a big meal 30 min before you start warming up....lol

Rage
02-04-09, 9:25 am
i think its gonna be fun for all, love seeing guys fuckin puke in a can.

i'm buyin dinner for who ever throws up FIRST.

just think, you will be a YOUTUBE star.

you'll make it big time.....yeah eat a big meal 30 min before you start warming up....lol

Gosh...I always wanted to be famous..

Mr. Aestheticz
02-04-09, 11:24 am
Is This Even Going To Be Legal To Do Lmao?

Rage
02-04-09, 12:40 pm
Is This Even Going To Be Legal To Do Lmao?

The contract and release of liability is only 34 pages long....LOL

Actually, I'm getting more pumped about this as it goes on...no rules...get under the bar and just go..

Rage
02-04-09, 2:51 pm
Have you guys checked out Deriks article feature in Ironman Magazine March 2009...starts on page 150 and while Deriks got a great physique overall...check out the quad sweep on page 162...

BUT...Derik..whats up with the pink shorts...?..lol

The Freak
02-04-09, 6:54 pm
real men wear pink... remember that.... if i wore my pink panther briefs and did the squat in the cage i'd be au tube celebrity for sure...lolol
ok well tomorrow starts m 4 day seminar so might not be around for a bit...

will be glad to be over tis shit and just b kicking ass in the gym....

Rage
02-04-09, 7:01 pm
real men wear pink... remember that.... if i wore my pink panther briefs and did the squat in the cage i'd be au tube celebrity for sure...lolol
ok well tomorrow starts m 4 day seminar so might not be around for a bit...

will be glad to be over tis shit and just b kicking ass in the gym....

LOL..got it bro..I know one of my training partners used to wear pink...big as fuck...just to try and get people to say something...

46and2
02-04-09, 7:05 pm
LOL..got it bro..I know one of my training partners used to wear pink...big as fuck...just to try and get people to say something...

We arent going to mention any names there rage are we"Cough sifusteve Cough"

sifusteve
02-04-09, 7:32 pm

Hey...pink is in...and who the H*ll has something to say about it...Huh...You...you talking to me! LOL
That was a long time ago...things change...well maybe not alot of things!
I still like pink!

Rage
02-04-09, 7:36 pm

LOL

46and2
02-05-09, 2:16 am
Hey...pink is in...and who the H*ll has something to say about it...Huh...You...you talking to me! LOL
That was a long time ago...things change...well maybe not alot of things!
I still like pink!

I think we need to vote on the color of sifusteve's posing trunks for his show.HEHEHEHE

I vote hot pink.

That way it matches his schrunchy socks and sun glasses!!

Rage
02-05-09, 9:12 am
I think we need to vote on the color of sifusteve's posing trunks for his show.HEHEHEHE

I vote hot pink.

That way it matches his schrunchy socks and sun glasses!!

As long as it's not in The Cage when I'm lifting lol

sifusteve
02-05-09, 10:53 am
As long as it's not in The Cage when I'm lifting lol

Be careful...You never know whats on underneath and I'm not saying! LOL

InkdMuscle
02-05-09, 4:36 pm
Be careful...You never know whats on underneath and I'm not saying! LOL

great just great. u had to leave it up to our imaginations.

Mr. Aestheticz
02-05-09, 5:54 pm
The contract and release of liability is only 34 pages long....LOL

Actually, I'm getting more pumped about this as it goes on...no rules...get under the bar and just go..

WELL IM SURE THE FINE PRINT IS WHAT MATTERS MOST AND WHO HAS THE TIME TO READ WHEN YOUHAVE TO GET READY?

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SHOW!

Big C
02-05-09, 6:12 pm
Damn right this is gonna be insane.....405 is no joke...that's some good weight especially for high reps can't wait to see this. Good luck to both competitors from the west coast!

sifusteve
02-05-09, 10:08 pm
I know RAGE is going to be a squating machine...If 1/10 of what In have heard about THE FREAK is true (no doubt) this will be the event of the weekend...Oh and that BB event too!LOL

InkdMuscle
02-06-09, 1:08 am
I know RAGE is going to be a squating machine...If 1/10 of what In have heard about THE FREAK is true (no doubt) this will be the event of the weekend...Oh and that BB event too!LOL

I know da boss will show nothing but excellence in the cage. This is gonna b the event!!

Firedrake
02-06-09, 1:14 am
I know da boss will show nothing but excellence in the cage. This is gonna b the event!!

It's one of the reasons I'm bringing the video camera!

InkdMuscle
02-06-09, 1:16 am
It's one of the reasons I'm bringing the video camera!

Im upgrading my electronics my self. Im not sure if im gonna grab a new digital or video cam. Or get a digital that can do both.

Rage
02-06-09, 9:14 am
Leg day today....

LittleMan55
02-06-09, 9:32 am
I watched a video of Freak doing 405 x 30 on youtube last night... Had already watched Rage's vid. This is goig to be a pukefest!

Rage
02-06-09, 9:50 am
I watched a video of Freak doing 405 x 30 on youtube last night... Had already watched Rage's vid. This is goig to be a pukefest!

I think whoever is going first will get the dinner prize Vinny is offering..I wonder WHO IS going first? Maybe we flip for it..

LittleMan55
02-06-09, 9:55 am
I think whoever is going first will get the dinner prize Vinny is offering..I wonder WHO IS going first? Maybe we flip for it..

I was hoping they would have two power cages so it could be done at the same time. Put those bad boys in the middle face to face, and let you two monsters go wild. However, due to space limits I assume it will be done one at a time.

InkdMuscle
02-06-09, 11:34 am
I was hoping they would have two power cages so it could be done at the same time. Put those bad boys in the middle face to face, and let you two monsters go wild. However, due to space limits I assume it will be done one at a time.

I like that idea. head to head at the same time. because i know if they can see each other for every rep neither one will wanna b the first to stop.

sifusteve
02-06-09, 12:11 pm
Leg day today....

Yeaaah Buddy!
(said with a Ronnie Coleman voice) LOL

Big Wides
02-06-09, 7:52 pm
Time is getting short but this is going to be one hell of a session come Cage time

The Freak
02-06-09, 8:24 pm
theres no way , im puking.... 23 yrs of squatting balls to the wallv and havent come close..
looks like vinny is buying rage the dinner... lolololol

i'll pass out before i puke....

sifusteve
02-06-09, 11:10 pm
theres no way , im puking.... 23 yrs of squatting balls to the wallv and havent come close..

Don't do that... i'll make it look like you did puke while your out!! LOL

InkdMuscle
02-06-09, 11:22 pm

Don't do that... i'll make it look like you did puke while your out!! LOL

HAHA. if Freak passes out, I will have the black sharpie. LOL.

The Freak
02-07-09, 3:59 pm
THATTS FUCKED UP...

Thats ok i'm gona spike rage's protein shake in the am, lil exlax should do good..

sifusteve
02-07-09, 4:09 pm
THATTS FUCKED UP...

Thats ok i'm gona spike rage's protein shake in the am, lil exlax should do good..

Did you ever play Rugby? That is one group (after the game drinking festivities) that you did not want to pass-out he presents of your mates...LOL...you never knew where or how you would wake up! LOL

Your safe brother...we were younger then with no respect...That is one thing we all have for you!

InkdMuscle
02-07-09, 5:18 pm
THATTS FUCKED UP...

Thats flipp'n funny as hell right here.

InkdMuscle
02-07-09, 5:19 pm
Did you ever play Rugby? That is one group (after the game drinking festivities) that you did not want to pass-out he presents of your mates...LOL...you never knew where or how you would wake up! LOL

Your safe brother...we were younger then with no respect...That is one thing we all have for you!

BIG TIME!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!!

46and2
02-07-09, 9:32 pm
THATTS FUCKED UP...

God now thats some funny shit!!! The look on rages face when he shit his pants in front of thousands of people would be priceless.

Rage
02-08-09, 1:34 am
I feel sorry for whoever is behind me....shit....did I just write that out loud?..LOL

sifusteve
02-08-09, 11:59 am
I feel sorry for whoever is behind me....shit....did I just write that out loud?..LOL

Fair enough...I started all this and now It came full circle...my bad. LOL

46and2
02-08-09, 7:46 pm
Fair enough...I started all this and now It came full circle...my bad. LOL

I was going to say Steve is supposed to be behind you Rage!! LOL Steve doesn't mind. The sicko might even like it LOL

Rage
02-09-09, 10:12 am
Down to 3 1/2 weeks...time is flyin...