PDA

View Full Version : Are you at War with the Iron or Do you Heart the Iron?

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 4:26 pm
I love going to the gym. I love working out new splits, new diets, recovering from injury, stressing out because my next meal is due and im not prepared.

I guess i'm Irons Bitch. I give it what it wants, I lift the plates like it demands me to do so. I bust my ass, I fry my CNS every session, But I still Heart the Iron. No hard feelings there thats for sure. I dont fight it, there is no war for me, im no Soldier. I'm Average Joe working day in, day out to become not so Average Joe.

Do you feel you are at War with the Iron or have you found Peace with it?

JeremyT
01-06-09, 4:30 pm
I love going to the gym. I love working out new splits, new diets, recovering from injury, stressing out because my next meal is due and im not prepared.

I guess i'm Irons Bitch. I give it what it wants, I lift the plates like it demands me to do so. I bust my ass, I fry my CNS every session, But I still Heart the Iron. No hard feelings there thats for sure. I dont fight it, there is no war for me, im no Soldier. I'm Average Joe working day in, day out to become not so Average Joe.

Do you feel you are at War with the Iron or have you found Peace with it?

I would have to say that I am with you on this one. I Heart the iron. I love going to the gym, pushing myself beyond what I even think I can do, and walking out with a smile on my face. My true fight is not with the Iron, but with the scale. If I was to be a soldier in a great war, then the scale would be my greatest enemy. This is not because I want the numbers to drop, but I am stuck at an almost sickeningly small number, and fight everyday to get that number to rise.

InkdMuscle
01-06-09, 4:30 pm
There is no peace in an never ending battle. Just when you think you found peace. you notice that extra plate that can fit on the bar that u need to try to get one rep with it. Or you look over and see the next big dumbell sitting on the floor screaming your name. In the trenches the battle will always surge on.

V Man
01-06-09, 5:08 pm
Kind of like an abused spouse where no matter how much pain their partner puts them through, they just cant bring themselves to leave...

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 5:10 pm
Kind of like an abused spouse where no matter how much pain their partner puts them through, they just cant bring themselves to leave...

lol, good analogy.

prowrestler
01-06-09, 5:24 pm
i dont have relationships with iron. im not into that kinky stuff personly

i like training though?

dannynb
01-06-09, 6:20 pm
I love the gym, the feel of the iron..but I am at war with it..I look at the bar loaded down and I feel it laughing at me...taunting me as if saying "you can't do it." But mostly I'm at war with myself. I stare in the mirror at this man looking back at me...each session I have to out work that man looking back, work harder, improve....if I don't walk out feeling like I out did it, than I don't go leave. When i walk out those doors I know I left everything I had back with the iron.

Alta0331
01-07-09, 5:17 am
I hate it with a passion. My hate is what drives me to get my ass off the chair and into the Gym.

Brick By Brick
01-08-09, 3:29 am
I heart the iron. I heart everything about it.

born0withno0soul
01-08-09, 5:23 am
at first i thought this was another dumbass post, but it actually has truth. i have found that i need the gym and my workouts. i work a very stressful job, repairing 30,000 dollar pieces of equipment daily. i have found that the only peace i get is during a workout. it hit me a few days ago that during my greatest workouts, i blast meaningful music and become completely mind blank. my mind is 100% clear, i dont even have to think about the workout. i dont think about shit, i just lose myself within myself if that makes since. i dont believe that is something i can give up. one guy says there is no peace in this, well i disagree. the time i am working out is the only hour of true peace i get in a day.