PDA

View Full Version : army animals

futurefreak101
01-06-09, 7:23 pm
well the economy being the way it is...there just nothing around here....im sick of my freinds all they do is drink/drugs...just looking to get out of this place and do something new.....i was thinking of joining the army...im looking to get feedback from anyone who is currently enlisted.

mjsef88
01-06-09, 7:42 pm
Dude that is so vague. I'm not knocking you, but come on, you're asking for an all around opinion of the service. Ofcourse everybody that served is going to say how they felt, but will their actions really effect your decision?

No, I havn't served. Was a serious life choice for a while. Have you looked into what you'd want to do? Have you talked to a recruiter? Are you going to school? Is this a whim or looking to do something fun? The economy, what?

If you want to serve, go ahead and do it, I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but that is a serious commitment that you should look into because you want to, and not because your friends are doing their own thing instead of your thing.

Also, for people who may take this thread seriously, post up some stats, your age, education, where you're at, reasons why you want to go, what job (MOS) you'd like, and ask a specific question(s), instead of just "should I?"

....or did I just get trolled hard?

futurefreak101
01-06-09, 7:44 pm
troll no..if you look at my other threads you would see im a pretty serious lifter...calm down...im really considering doing this..and wanna here some experiences.

mjsef88
01-06-09, 7:46 pm
troll no.....im really considering doing this..and wanna here some experiences.

Alright man, last comment before I move on. Find an army specific message board. Use some google.com skills, I guarentee most of them have specific sections for exactly what you're looking for.

So, now here is where I'm going to bow out, becasue I don't have "experience".

All the best, mate.

atrain11b
01-06-09, 8:08 pm
Whats up, I am active duty Army. Got a few questions for you...

How old are you?
Are you in school? High/College
What type of job would you be interested in?
Is the service your only option to better yourself?
Why would YOU want to join the service?
What do YOU WANT to get out of the Army?
Have you looked into the other branches?

Not trying to down size you in anyway, just would like to get some of your background with this decision.

I have been in a while, and I love every minute of it. If you are looking for something specific, I'll do my best to answer it, but your first post is kind of vague. I mean what type of experience stories are you looking for. Do you want some war stories, or how the Army works everyday. Trust me, those two questions there have two different animals for answers.

futurefreak101
01-06-09, 8:53 pm
Whats up, I am active duty Army. Got a few questions for you...

How old are you?
Are you in school? High/College
What type of job would you be interested in?
Is the service your only option to better yourself?
Why would YOU want to join the service?
What do YOU WANT to get out of the Army?
Have you looked into the other branches?

Not trying to down size you in anyway, just would like to get some of your background with this decision.

I have been in a while, and I love every minute of it. If you are looking for something specific, I'll do my best to answer it, but your first post is kind of vague. I mean what type of experience stories are you looking for. Do you want some war stories, or how the Army works everyday. Trust me, those two questions there have two different animals for answers.

i am 21 and not in school or college...i am working...if i went there i would be interested in personal training classes nutritionist or something like that...it kinda is the only option to better myself...theres nothing around here its fucking depressing and i want out..i would like to fight for my country and i havent looked into other branches...and dont want to...im looking for how the army works everyday...and have you been to war?

Latimer316
01-06-09, 9:03 pm
Hey bro judging by what your looking for as far as personal training and nutritionist in the army will not be found. Yes there are hundreds of jobs but you will not find those. I have been in almost 7 years now with 4 of them active. I suggest you sitting down with a recruiter explaining to him what you want out of it and what your likes are other than lifting. If school is important to you and want to work in the personal training/nutrition field i suggest giving the guard or reserves a try and go to school for free when you get back. You always having the option of going active duty if you go into the national guard or reserves at anytime during your enlistment. I will help you with any q's you have. I would suggest the military for anyone no matter the situation. It is the ultimate sacrifice you can give to this country. Good luck

Rida4life
01-06-09, 9:40 pm
i am 21 and not in school or college...i am working...if i went there i would be interested in personal training classes nutritionist or something like that...it kinda is the only option to better myself...theres nothing around here its fucking depressing and i want out..i would like to fight for my country and i havent looked into other branches...and dont want to...im looking for how the army works everyday...and have you been to war?

Bro you said that your not looking into any other branches of service because of how the Army works everyday! Dude every branch works just like each other. Every branch has hundreds on defferent jobs that you can choose from.

I'm in the Air Force and i'm a Aerial Gunner on the AC-130U Gunship in Spec. Ops! We do close air support for other Spec Forces! We bus our ass everyday because of the job not the branch of service. The army has people who sit behind the desk just like the AF, Army, Navy, and Marines.

IT'S ALL ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. and Nutrition will not have any place in the services unless you become a cook!!!

What i'm trying to say is don't knock other branches because its about wat job you want and how you want to live in the service..... I love my job and being in the service. It was the best decision I've made in my life.

AFTazz06
01-06-09, 9:58 pm
i'm not active service, but i did go to an Army 2 year college and i'm well familiar with the military life style, and honestly if your looking for a job as a nutritionist or personal trainer stay away from the military. Cause you wont find that in there, recruiters will tell you everything and anything to get you to enlist because they have to meet their quotas, so the best thing you can do is do your own research online.The military life style is very tough, you have to make sure you REALLY want it, i've known people who said they wanted it and then didnt even last a week during basic training because they didnt know it was going to be so physically and mentally demanding and keep in mind thats just basic training. Also, a clear indication of what you can do while in the Army can be seen in their commercials, they show the soldiers working with helicopters or weapons, but OUTSIDE the Army they're doctors, dentist, etc. So my advice is to think about what you want to use the military experience for, dont do it for the money, you can think about using the military to achieve something else in life OR making a career out of the military. As for being a nutritionist or personal trainer, you can become anyone of those through college. Research colleges around the country, some offer 2year programs and you can be done in no time.

BryanSmash!
01-06-09, 10:38 pm
Lots of good advice has been stated already, so I wont repeat it, but I will say this: If you do decide to join the army, what MOS you obtain will be directly related to to your score on the ASVAB test. Obviously, the higher you score the more jobs that will be open to you. You can set up this test with your local recruiter, and itll take a few hours. It doesnt cost any and theres no obligation to service upon completion. Your recruiter will even drive you there. Good luck in your decision.

kevin89
01-07-09, 5:41 am
Dude that is so vague. I'm not knocking you, but come on, you're asking for an all around opinion of the service. Ofcourse everybody that served is going to say how they felt, but will their actions really effect your decision?

No, I havn't served. Was a serious life choice for a while. Have you looked into what you'd want to do? Have you talked to a recruiter? Are you going to school? Is this a whim or looking to do something fun? The economy, what?

If you want to serve, go ahead and do it, I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but that is a serious commitment that you should look into because you want to, and not because your friends are doing their own thing instead of your thing.

Also, for people who may take this thread seriously, post up some stats, your age, education, where you're at, reasons why you want to go, what job (MOS) you'd like, and ask a specific question(s), instead of just "should I?"

....or did I just get trolled hard?

I am agree with mjsef88.I also think so.

Pet Supplies (http://www.nutrecare.co.uk)

mikejones1
01-07-09, 2:28 pm
you got to research this shit yourself and not just go off of other peoples experiences and opinions. go research first then come back and ask questions. go talk to some recruiters, even though they will try and sell you a contract. feel it out.

everyones experiences are different and there isnt 1 type of way the army or any other service works. for the most part it depends on what your job is where you are and what you are trying to accomplish and make of your experience.

Alta0331
01-07-09, 3:29 pm
The closest thing to doing anything with personal training or nutrition would be to join a branch with a Medical area (Army, Navy, Air Force). You will not be a personal trainer but possibly a physical therapy technician. And even with that there are other requirements you have to fulfill before you can even be considered for that. You need to ask yourself what kind of commitment you are going to put forward before you make a decision. I know you said you are just looking into the Army but you will never know what there is out there before you go looking. And you say you are looking for how the Army works everyday. You don't know how the Army works everyday. I thought I had an idea how the Marine Corps worked before I joined but it wasn't until I got in how far off my perception was. In the end it is up to you with what you take from the advise you asked for. Take it and run with it Brother. Good luck