PDA

View Full Version : The House's Ultimate Real Gains Mass Shake

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:09 pm
As I was flipping through the pages of the February issue of Muscular Developement, I came across a mass shake that Erik "The House'' Fankhouser uses during his off-season diet.

If this shake doesn't add some mass to your fame, nothing will:

3.5 scoops Banana Real Gains
1 cup oat bran
24oz whole milk

Total: 1410 calories; 99g protein; 183g carbs; 38g fat

Try drinking two of these a day in addition to your meals and see if you can't add a few extra pounds of pure mass. This is a serious shake. I'm going to give this one a try this weekend ....

simpleguy
01-07-09, 1:14 pm
As I was flipping through the pages of the February issue of Muscular Developement, I came across a mass shake that Erik "The House'' Fankhouser uses during his off-season diet.

1 cup oat bran
24oz whole milk

Try drinking two of these a day in addition to your meals and see if you can't add a few extra pounds of pure mass. This is a serious shake. I'm going to give this one a try this weekend ....

that's good stuff... I swear I'm so sick of hearing hardgainers can't gain any weight, when all they have to do is eat and down shakes, cause they stay lean by eating doughnuts anyways

so for any hardgainers reading that, it's solid advice... hell, if you're still hungry, have a peanut butter sandwich with that shake

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:17 pm
that's good stuff... I swear I'm so sick of hearing hardgainers can't gain any weight, when all they have to do is eat and down shakes, cause they stay lean by eating doughnuts anyways

so for any hardgainers reading that, it's solid advice... hell, if you're still hungry, have a peanut butter sandwich with that shake

Agreed brother. I considered myself a hardgainer for a time, and I still am. Yet I dont use that as a crutch anymore. Once I got my diet on track, I started slowly gaining weight. Since 11.03.08, I've went from ~195 to 209. I don't use any shakes, with the exception of Torrent PWO, but this one I'm gonna hvae to try at least once .

Wasteland
01-07-09, 1:18 pm

Some serious macros right there.

simpleguy
01-07-09, 1:19 pm
Agreed brother. I considered myself a hardgainer for a time, and I still am. Yet I dont use that as a crutch anymore. Once I got my diet on track, I started slowly gaining weight. Since 11.03.08, I've went from ~195 to 209. I don't use any shakes, with the exception of Torrent PWO, but this one I'm gonna hvae to try at least once .

great work man... in your sig it says you started at 183... just saying :)

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:23 pm
great work man... in your sig it says you started at 183... just saying :)

Shit, you could be right. I know I got down to 183lb when I finished dieting on 10.24.08, and I started my bulk diet on 11/3. During that week or two I lived life like a normal person I guess you could say. So I'm not sure what the exact starting weight was, but I'm sure it was a little higher due to the intake of wings, beer, pizza, cheesesteaks hahaha.

hardworkE
01-07-09, 2:09 pm

1 cup oat bran
24oz whole milk

What about the Peanut Butter??? I think that would be a tasty upgrade. And its not like 1400 calories is a lot....thatd be a complete gainer shake right there

simpleguy
01-07-09, 2:10 pm
What about the Peanut Butter??? I think that would be a tasty upgrade. And its not like 1400 calories is a lot....thatd be a complete gainer shake right there

yeah I second that, feel free to add the pb

Aggression
01-07-09, 2:14 pm

True, PB can definitely be added. Personally, I think 1400 calories is a massive weight gainer. That covers about ~25% of my calories for the day I think.

dannynb
02-14-09, 4:26 pm
Another shake House has mentioned to using during his off season is as follows

3 scoops of protein
1 cup oats
4-5 spoon fulls of pb
water

mix and enjoy. I'm sure you could use milk if desired. I tried adding these into my diet last month and yeah I can tell ya you will add on some mass.

sanga
02-14-09, 4:42 pm

Eating is the hardest part but drinking a shake with a meal is easy, add some olive oil and you have some good fats in there too with loads more calories.

DRIVEN
03-10-09, 7:24 pm
why is he using whole milk over skim? im what you'd call a "hardgainer" ive always drank skim...would it be better to use whole milk with my shakes???