PDA

View Full Version : The Roundtable: Packs

G Diesel
01-07-09, 1:12 pm
This is a new idea for the FORVM... A thread where we can all gather to talk shop and debate the hot button issues of the day in an unfettered way. Personally, just shooting the shit with my brothers out there and reading so much of the hate and misinformation online, it seems like a necessary step in cutting through the bullshit rhetoric and obfuscation. We'll talk about training, dieting, nutrition and the supplement industry.

I'm not too scared to say that we're among the best at what we do... Whether it is The Pros that have reached the highest levels of their chosen sport or nutrition experts like J-Dawg or industry vets like naturalguy, the wealth of resources we have here with regard to knowledge and experience is unparalleled.

I'll get this party started by touching on a topic I've stumbled upon a few times of late speculated on by the cyber-scientists and armchair bodybuilders of the world on another forum, who, while completely entitled to their opinions, seem intent on taking down the champ and definitely have some sort of underlying agenda. These are guys who've never used Animal Pak but feel they are experts about how well it works. Here we go...

Animal Pak... Is it outdated?

Let me here what you fellas think. Fire away. Speak out.

Don't hold back. You know I won't...

Peace, G

krazyassmexican
01-07-09, 1:14 pm
is not oudated, but i believe the iron in it is unnecessary

simpleguy
01-07-09, 1:15 pm
yesterday I got a can... does that answer the question? lol

naturalguy
01-07-09, 1:16 pm
is not oudated, but i believe the iron in it is unnecessary

There is no iron in the formula. There is a small amount of heme iron that is in the liver tab, if anything it is probably 1-2 mg which is nothing.

krazyassmexican
01-07-09, 1:17 pm
There is no iron in the formula. There is a small amount of heme iron that is in the liver tab, if anything it is probably 1-2 mg which is nothing.

great bro, we talked about it the other day, and i appreciate your answer one more time

also i would love to see pack containing coral calcium

Wasteland
01-07-09, 1:21 pm
great bro, we talked about it the other day, and i appreciate your answer one more time

also i would love to see pack containing coral calcium

Coral calcium? Weren't the benefits of this debunked a while ago? I remember reading something about this.

shortstack
01-07-09, 1:27 pm
No way, G. I've seen the breakdown of what is in each pak, and to be honest, I'm not 100% sure I know the purpose of each ingredient or how it relates to me picking up a weight...but in the last 2 years I've been on board with the pak my health has improved.

I don't believe it's the only reason for the changes but as a, what I call a, foundational supplement, it does what it's supposed to do and helps me do what I'm supposed to do.

If corporate says they need to update it and add in Carrot juice for my eyesight or some rocks to make me tougher, whatever, I'm a CSR not a scientist.

Just my opinion.
Shortstack

Wasteland
01-07-09, 1:28 pm

What was the gist of the argument that you were engaged in?

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:31 pm
I'm on board with ShortStack on this one. I'm not big into the breakdown of ingredients and I don't know much about how each one effects the body, but the Pak is a staple in my supplement stack. Over the years I've tried different multi's by different companies and I've always turned back to the Pak. As far as scientific studies on mutlivitamins goes, I'm clueless, but when it comes to real life results, I can say that I feel healthier, more energetic, and I get sick less often while being on the Pak.

Brutus_515
01-07-09, 1:33 pm
is pack outdated...its a multi vitamin how does that get outdated...is there a new super multi out that has a fraction of the Vitamins, Minerals, Antioxidants, Adaptogens, Aminos, FFAs, Digestive enzymes, performace optimizers, energy complexs all into one product?

funny story maybe something someone else did when they first started taking it...i didnt read the whole label where it says take 2 paks 4-12 hours apart...so I was slamming 2 packs at the same time for about a week...MY PISS WAS DISGUSTING!...no matter how much water i drank that shit was BRIGHT AS a glow stick! and stunk to high hell...just figured i would share

Big Al
01-07-09, 1:33 pm
I think its great but wish it was a few less pills.I switch from the pak to the universal multi (Witch I like as well.)Some morning I just can't take all the pills after I eat all my food.

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:37 pm
I think its great but wish it was a few less pills.I switch from the pak to the universal multi (Witch I like as well.)Some morning I just can't take all the pills after I eat all my food.

I here you on that. Some mornings after throwing down some oatmeal, it takes some mental power to get those pills down.

G Diesel
01-07-09, 1:40 pm
What was the gist of the argument that you were engaged in?

The quality of ingredients--whether the different vitamins and minerals were in the most cutting edge forms.

Peace, G

naturalguy
01-07-09, 1:40 pm
Mythbusters #1

The Animal Pak is the same exact formula today as it was in 1983: False

The Pak has undergone several small revisions over the years. This past year a few ingredients were taken out and milk thistle and more digestive enzymes were added.

simpleguy
01-07-09, 1:41 pm

I here you on that. Some mornings after throwing down some oatmeal, it takes some mental power to get those pills down.

I down it in a whole gulp... no worries

thinking of how many nutrients it has that I wouldn't get with a regular multi, I'm kinda looking forward to taking it (serious)

Aggression
01-07-09, 1:42 pm

thinking of how many nutrients it has that I wouldn't get with a regular multi, I'm kinda looking forward to taking it (serious)

O I've worked up to downing it in one gulp as well brother. In rare occasions, I might have some trouble getting it down the pipe, but in the end, I'll always take my pak.

Wasteland
01-07-09, 1:45 pm
The quality of ingredients--whether the different vitamins and minerals were in the most cutting edge forms.

Peace, G

Oh that old argument, lol. Oh the supplement industry.

JUGGERNAUT
01-07-09, 2:06 pm

Same here. I did a PAK with no water and won a crisp 5$ bill bet...sweet...

krazyassmexican
01-07-09, 2:08 pm

i gotta try that

simpleguy
01-07-09, 2:09 pm

no water? that's cool... might have to try that

simpleguy
01-07-09, 2:09 pm

i gotta try that

seems like we're on to something krazy

Mr. Dead
01-07-09, 2:11 pm
I'd say no... How many people out there are taking Pak...? How many love it, in its current state...?

JUGGERNAUT
01-07-09, 2:16 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyassmexican
i gotta try that

seems like we're on to something krazy

**Please be careful, I would not want to hear about brothers choking on tabs in the news.

G Diesel
01-07-09, 2:23 pm
My background is not in the sciences, but here is what I know...

The Pak has stood the test of time and been used by the best in the game in a diehard, loyal and consistent fashion for more than a quarter century.

I've made the best gains of my training life in the 6 or so years I've been using the Pak.

The Pak is constantly evolving and improving over the years to stay current with the times and with clinical studies and advancing research.

Peace, G

GJN5002
01-07-09, 2:23 pm
Outdated..No
Our bodies slowly evolve but not in a 20-30 year period. Basic nutrition always has a baseline and PAK got it right. Im a cheap SOB and Ive looked into so many vitamins, but they dont deliver the same profile as PAK, thats why I stick with it even though there are cheaper options.

Wasteland
01-07-09, 2:28 pm
My background is not in the sciences, but here is what I know...

The Pak has stood the test of time and been used by the best in the game in a diehard, loyal and consistent fashion for more than a quarter century.

I've made the best gains of my training life in the 6 or so years I've been using the Pak.

The Pak is constantly evolving and improving over the years to stay current with the times and with clinical studies and advancing research.

Peace, G

The internet. Sometimes too much information can be a bad thing. I've been taking Animal Pak for many years now and I've tried many other multis over the years. I always come to Pak. People can argue about this ingredient or that ingredient in Pak until they're blue iin the face. But from where I stand, Animal Pak is not a one ingredient supplement. You have the evaluate the entire product, not one, two or three ingredients. Animal Pak has a long history. It's not a very glamorous product. At its core, it's a multi. Vitamins and minerals. Truth is, technology is don't advance that much when it comes to vitamins and minerals. They are commodities. As a multivitamin, you don't necessary "feel" anything by taking Animal Pak. So how does something with no excitement stick around so long? Why are guys like me so loyal? Is it purely irrational? Placebo effect? If so, what's the effect? For as long as the supplement industry is around, there will be two camps. Those who believe science can do no wrong and use individual studies to support their case and those who use suplements and lift. The theorists and the realists some could say. This is not to say that science is invalid or doesn't have a place. It absolutely does and I believe in its importance. But like that other thread posted today, I think too many misuse science or misapply science. It's too easy to pick out a detail from study and then make very large conclusions. I see it happen all the time.

Hoomgar
01-07-09, 4:44 pm

Peace, G

It is just as outdated as any other nutrition we use. No need for the Pak anymore just like there is no need for chicken, rice, beef, tuna... I mean come on, that stuff is all so played now... It's a new age and now we all use... wait, what?

A Pak a day for life! It's nutrition, it worked then, it works now...

Hg

G Diesel
01-07-09, 5:00 pm
"The truth is that there is nothing noble in being superior to somebody else. The only real nobility is in being superior to your former self"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just felt the need to quote your sig bro... All the shit I spout, Emerson and Thoreau nailed 150 years ago. It seems we all have to tread in bigger footsteps.

My bad. Back to discussing The Pak...

Peace, G

BigAnt
01-07-09, 6:30 pm
To me...just like old school York iron rusty plates, dead lifts, squats and bench presses...nothing fancy smancy but very basic and to the point...key nutrients the body needs...and afordable as well!

A leader in the supplement industy...many try to copy but it is the Original!

Ox
01-08-09, 4:51 pm
How can something that works be outdated? Outdated means that there's something out there that is newer and works better or more efficiently. I don't know of a better multi out there. I've read about and tried all sorts of shit..."food state" vitamins and minerals, multis where it was supposed to be derived solely from whole foods etc etc. Anybody can make something look great on paper. We're interested in results. If it's not gonna do shit for me, I don't really care how great it looks on paper or how "cutting edge" it allegedly is. Like i've said, I've tried other multis...shit, I've even bought everything sepearate and combined it on my own. Simply put, Animal Pak always comes through. Old school? Possibly. Outdated? No. Bottom line: there's nothing better that I've used so far.

Reacher34
01-08-09, 5:18 pm
I love the pak, but as some of you know, I have some stomach/throat problems and sometimes the pills are a bitch to get down. Have we ever thought of making it a dissolving tablet like those "Airborne" immunity things? You know, a typical pak, but containing a large or a few mid-sized tablets that you drop into a glass of H20 and let it dissolve. It might be easier for some cats to chug some fizzy "Animal water" than to swallow a mouthful of pills.

JeremyT
01-08-09, 6:07 pm
I love the pak, but as some of you know, I have some stomach/throat problems and sometimes the pills are a bitch to get down. Have we ever thought of making it a dissolving tablet like those "Airborne" immunity things? You know, a typical pak, but containing a large or a few mid-sized tablets that you drop into a glass of H20 and let it dissolve. It might be easier for some cats to chug some fizzy "Animal water" than to swallow a mouthful of pills.

I hear you on that brother. I didn't manage to keep the last of my lunch down this afternoon when I was trying to take the pak. Wasn't sure which was more disappointing, loosing the pak, or my lunch.

andrewT
01-08-09, 11:19 pm
I saw and participated in that thread on the other site.

I have to truthfully say, that some of those "armchair" bbers do have valid points. The only thing they say that truly scares me is that "some forms of the vitamins can detrimental to health"

I also have to agree alot with what Naturalguy said as well. The pak is nutritional insurance, not a cutting edge state of the art multi gauranteed to make you jacked in a day. I like how I can just take it once and forget about it for the day not worrying to have to take it again.

lets hear what everyone else has to say. right now I am leaning towards scrapping a multi from my supplement plan because I don't know who to fuckin believe anymore...

J-Dawg
01-09-09, 8:59 am

I have to truthfully say, that some of those "armchair" bbers do have valid points. The only thing they say that truly scares me is that "some forms of the vitamins can detrimental to health"

I also have to agree alot with what Naturalguy said as well. The pak is nutritional insurance, not a cutting edge state of the art multi gauranteed to make you jacked in a day. I like how I can just take it once and forget about it for the day not worrying to have to take it again.

lets hear what everyone else has to say. right now I am leaning towards scrapping a multi from my supplement plan because I don't know who to fuckin believe anymore...

A lot of what is discussed on various forums is what I like to call pseudoscience. Someone looks up an abstract on pubmed and says this product sucks b/c this study says so, when in actuality the orginal researchers never concluded that and mention that further testing is needed.

Animal Pak was never meant to be the most cutting edge supplement on the market. It's like you said, basic nutritional insurance to help ensure that your body is taking in nutrients for recuperation, recovery and basic performance. We can pick apart every supplement in the books and find faults with it but at the end of the day, you need to ask yourself, what has worked for me and does it fit with what my goals are?

And reading some threads at bb.com, you can see that certain members have an agenda...

andrewT
01-09-09, 9:26 am
When I watch movies like "bigger, stronger, faster", it makes me feel more comfortable taking animal paks, and trusting in Universal since they were around before all the bullshit started.

but Animal pak was obviously formulated on science, or should I say current scientific ideas. What many of those "haters" are saying is simply when will it be improved to "catch up with the times". Now who says what didn't work back then won't work now? but what is the matter with improving a product.

don't get me wrong guys, I am all for Animal Pak but people are into the scientific studies are so because they want to know what they are putting into their bodies. What they also don't understand about animal and it's 25 year track record is that it works in a proven fashion (but how do we know it works anyways? I for one don't feel a difference on it; after all it is just a multivitamin! how can we tell that it has been "working" for 25 years) and they also don't realize that we as humans are flawed, therefore science (one of our constructions) is also flawed! So we will never know the answer!

Does the fact that guys like Ox, Fortney, House, Wrath, Machine and all the rest of them freaks use the pak make me trust it more? hell yeah it does! but to most people they say "well the pros are paid to say they use it!"

Currently I am debating whether to purchase more pak or refrain from using a multi at all, as like I said before it seems noone knows how to get things right!

Dingo
01-09-09, 10:06 am
I first started pak back in 2000, i was a week away from undergoing surgery for a hernia(which ultimately led me to my animal lifestyle) my doc said he wanted me taking a good quality multi 2 times a day for atleast the entire week pre-op so that it could aid in my healing faster. No joke a doc told me this.

so i researched a little for something better than the crap on the store shelf that is supposed to be a complete multi. I was in a vitamin world or gnc when the guy at the counter showed me pak. Needless to say, 10 yrs later still takin it daily. If i miss a couple days due to my stash runnin out i start feelin tired and worn out, then once i can get my hands on a fresh pak its like someone just changed my batteries. The only way to improve it would be if like Nitro it had a sweet tasting drink mix.

Dingo
01-09-09, 10:12 am
*didnt hit edit in time on my previous post

even the comp is trying to squeeze everything it can into a multi, flippin through the pages of a mag i saw one brand with there own new multi, 150 caps per bottle, guess what read teh label, servings 30, which means a single serving is 5 (horse)pills, thats almost half of pak at 11, but still no one can get it down to 1 pill. Maybe you can call pak outdated when that day arrives, all the nutritional insurance of pak in ONE convenient capsule.

GJN5002
01-09-09, 3:13 pm
I just felt the need to quote your sig bro... All the shit I spout, Emerson and Thoreau nailed 150 years ago. It seems we all have to tread in bigger footsteps.

My bad. Back to discussing The Pak...

Peace, G
Just cause your a big bad dude doesnt mean you cant be a philosopher and transcendentalist at heart.

Wasteland
01-09-09, 4:15 pm
Just cause your a big bad dude doesnt mean you cant be a philosopher and transcendentalist at heart.

American Transcendentalism to be exact. But back to the Pak.

Ox
01-09-09, 4:17 pm
Does the fact that guys like Ox, Fortney, House, Wrath, Machine and all the rest of them freaks use the pak make me trust it more? hell yeah it does! but to most people they say "well the pros are paid to say they use it!"

Just to let you know, I'm not paid to say anything. I've even said before that there are products from Universal/Animal that I love while there are others that I don't feel a need to use. Believe me when I tell you, this company has far too much integrity to try and get me to voice an opinion other than my own. That's one of the main reasons I'm here. Respect. I was told from day one that my sincere opinion (even if it happened to be less than flattering) would always be preferred over bullshit.

Wasteland
01-09-09, 4:20 pm
Just to let you know, I'm not paid to say anything. I've even said before that there are products from Universal/Animal that I love while there are others that I don't feel a need to use. Believe me when I tell you, this company has far too much integrity to try and get me to voice an opinion other than my own. That's one of the main reasons I'm here. Respect. I was told from day one that my sincere opinion (even if it happened to be less than flattering) would always be preferred over bullshit.

Integrity is always a good thing, in any industry, it seems to me. If you don't mind my asking, how did you end up at Universal?

andrewT
01-09-09, 4:29 pm

Yes Evan, I always knew that and that is why I greatly admire Universal as a company!

Evan, do you "feel" when your off the pak? I personally don't feel anything (but I know it is just a multi so that doesn't really matter) so what is your take on the worthiness of a multi and its importance?

Wasteland
01-09-09, 4:34 pm
Yes Evan, I always knew that and that is why I greatly admire Universal as a company!

Evan, do you "feel" when your off the pak? I personally don't feel anything (but I know it is just a multi so that doesn't really matter) so what is your take on the worthiness of a multi and its importance?

As an aside, have you read this thread on "feeling" Animal Pak?
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=5653

I personally don't feel it, though I feel I'm sick less often. I'm curious to hear Ox's thoughts on this too.

andrewT
01-09-09, 4:36 pm
As an aside, have you read this thread on "feeling" Animal Pak?
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=5653

I personally don't feel it, though I feel I'm sick less often. I'm curious to hear Ox's thoughts on this too.

Actually,

I have purposely taken days off to see but I never feel a difference. I have gotten sick once since I have been on it

Wasteland
01-09-09, 4:38 pm
I have gotten sick once since I have been on it

I trust you've been on it for more than a week, lol.

joe-yamma
01-09-09, 4:43 pm
some good info being thrown up in here.
also very good to hear Ox confirm the intergrity of Universal (of which most of us here on the Forvm agree with, i think).

some of these guys are just really over-thinking this as far as i'm concerned.
i've been using Animal Pak for around 15 years (on and off since high school)...
if there was something in there that was bad, wouldn't it have caused a prroblem for me by now?
i tend to notice when i'm NOT taking Pak.
heck, i even take 2 per day sometimes when i'm feeling run-down or sick!

seriously, these interenet scientists really crack me up (see recent M-Stak uproar).
18-21 year olds quoting internet research as the end-all-be all facts...
i have another word for it: "BRO-science". don't believe the hype fellas.

if you're questioning whether or not you should continue to use Pak, consider this:
a multi is the most basic supplement you can use (along with maybe protein powder).
if you think you can get everything you need from food, and Pak can't help you, then why are you using any other supplements?
protein powder: eat more
creatine: eat more meat
NO boosters, Natty test boosters, etc etc: eat more food.
see the logic here?

anyway, rant off.
you guys keep reading those threads on blank-blank.com and i'll keep eating, training hard, and taking Pak.

HOCKEY TEMPER
01-09-09, 5:32 pm

Care to elaborate on that statement?

andrewT
01-09-09, 6:19 pm
Some, as I said "some" (like 3) of those guys over there know what they are talking about, 2 of them just follow the one main guy, but that one MAIN guy, always says if pak contained ______ I would take it, he in no way bashes Universal. It is the other forum noobs who hate on animal and Universal.

All the "smart" guys say is that animal could use better forms of the vitamins for better absorption, and that it needs to be *updated*.

Now I don't exactly follow the science for all this stuff but, they were saying something along the lines of a certain form of a vitamin (like vitamin E) I think has 8 parts and that only supplementing with some of them can cause the receptors for the others to shut down and be "detrimental" although I don't know exactly what that would cause.

That is all, so before anyone decides to jump down my throat please understand I only am questioning what I put into my body, especially if it has a NEGATIVE effect.

bottom line is I love animal/universal since they make effective/affordable proven supps!

rob_in_korea
01-10-09, 12:26 am
Pak is outstanding as far as I am concerned. I've taken it everyday for the past four years, sometimes twice a day. I also take Pump, Flex, Nitro and Omega on a regular basis. I wanted to see how my body was doing last year so I went and had full blood work done to include hormones. I felt fine but I just wanted to make sure and as it turns out I was fine. Everything came back great.

By the way, when I first started taking Pak I researched every ingredient in it (I know crazy but I am an analyst so I couldn't help it) All of the ingredients are beneficial especially to someone that is serious about lifting. So I wouldn't worry about Pak harming you in some way.

-Rob

B Con
01-10-09, 8:52 pm
How can something that works be outdated? Outdated means that there's something out there that is newer and works better or more efficiently. I don't know of a better multi out there. I've read about and tried all sorts of shit..."food state" vitamins and minerals, multis where it was supposed to be derived solely from whole foods etc etc. Anybody can make something look great on paper. We're interested in results. If it's not gonna do shit for me, I don't really care how great it looks on paper or how "cutting edge" it allegedly is. Like i've said, I've tried other multis...shit, I've even bought everything sepearate and combined it on my own. Simply put, Animal Pak always comes through. Old school? Possibly. Outdated? No. Bottom line: there's nothing better that I've used so far.

Very well spoken. QFT (Quoted for Truth).

I prefer the age old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Ox
01-12-09, 10:25 pm
Integrity is always a good thing, in any industry, it seems to me. If you don't mind my asking, how did you end up at Universal?

Integrity goes a LONG way. I talked to a LOT of companies before Universal and they were a clear standout. Supps are a big business and the people I dealt with at these other companies conducted themselves as such. That turned me off. After meeting the guys at Universal, I knew where I belonged.

Ox
01-12-09, 10:29 pm

Coming off the pak I don't notice it so much. But, for example, say I don't take it for a week and then start taking it again, I feel it right away. I think that your body gets to a state where it's functioning so well, and it takes a little while to get there and whn you stop using the pak, your body continues to funtion well and then it slowly fades out and you may not notice it as much. Then you start taking it again and remember how you're SUPPOSED to feel. One thing I will say though, if I'm dieting or in a depleted state, I take Pak twice a day and if I don't I DO feel it. Offseason, it's not as dramatic. But when my body is under stress and really going through nutrients, the absence of Pak is immediately (and painfully) noticable.

Remember, these are vitamins and minerals, not drugs. The addition or removal of them from your diet SHOULDN'T be so dramatic. Their purpose it to give your body what it needs so that it can perform up to 100% of IT'S potential. The idea is not to artificially MAKE your body do things above and beyond what it's MEANT to do. That's what drugs do. And that might sound like fun but just remember, every high is followed by and equally significant low.

andrewT
01-12-09, 10:34 pm
Thanks for your replies Evan!

we can always count on you to give us your own personal feedback. very cool of you!

Hoomgar
01-13-09, 10:20 am
Integrity goes a LONG way. I talked to a LOT of companies before Universal and they were a clear standout. Supps are a big business and the people I dealt with at these other companies conducted themselves as such. That turned me off. After meeting the guys at Universal, I knew where I belonged.

It's so true.

Coming off the pak I don't notice it so much. But, for example, say I don't take it for a week and then start taking it again, I feel it right away. I think that your body gets to a state where it's functioning so well, and it takes a little while to get there and whn you stop using the pak, your body continues to funtion well and then it slowly fades out and you may not notice it as much. Then you start taking it again and remember how you're SUPPOSED to feel. One thing I will say though, if I'm dieting or in a depleted state, I take Pak twice a day and if I don't I DO feel it. Offseason, it's not as dramatic. But when my body is under stress and really going through nutrients, the absence of Pak is immediately (and painfully) noticable.

Remember, these are vitamins and minerals, not drugs. The addition or removal of them from your diet SHOULDN'T be so dramatic. Their purpose it to give your body what it needs so that it can perform up to 100% of IT'S potential. The idea is not to artificially MAKE your body do things above and beyond what it's MEANT to do. That's what drugs do. And that might sound like fun but just remember, every high is followed by and equally significant low.

Pure gold in print. Thanks for sharing that Evan. It's always good to hear someone at your level of physical development make these statements.

Hg

Wasteland
01-13-09, 11:13 am

I appreciate the response Ox, thanks.

funkybass52
01-14-09, 11:19 am
i know exactly where this thread started from and im glad you guys are discussing it here. i cancelled my account on the other forum because i was getting angry from all the idiots who spend their time debating what form of calcium is the best and if you can absorb 31 grams of protein at a time as opposed to 30. i think the pak is awesome. there have been multi vitamins that ive taken where my stomach turns whenever i have to take them. i think thats a sign that they arent doing my body good. even taking the 11 pills (or however many) from animal pak, i dont feel like throwing up. like others on here, i notice when im not on the pak. i like how some of the vitamins come from liver and things like that. the only updating i would say, is possibly include some greens like wheat grass or something. thats about all i can think of though. bottom line though-did arnold sit around and think about if he should take a certain vitamin d or not? case closed.

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 10:59 am
This is a new idea for the FORVM... A thread where we can all gather to talk shop and debate the hot button issues of the day in an unfettered way. Personally, just shooting the shit with my brothers out there and reading so much of the hate and misinformation online, it seems like a necessary step in cutting through the bullshit rhetoric and obfuscation. We'll talk about training, dieting, nutrition and the supplement industry.

I'm not too scared to say that we're among the best at what we do... Whether it is The Pros that have reached the highest levels of their chosen sport or nutrition experts like J-Dawg or industry vets like naturalguy, the wealth of resources we have here with regard to knowledge and experience is unparalleled.

I'll get this party started by touching on a topic I've stumbled upon a few times of late speculated on by the cyber-scientists and armchair bodybuilders of the world on another forum, who, while completely entitled to their opinions, seem intent on taking down the champ and definitely have some sort of underlying agenda. These are guys who've never used Animal Pak but feel they are experts about how well it works. Here we go...

Peace, G

Two kinds of people in this world... Those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk... Those who type behind a computer and those to train balls out.

mritter3
01-15-09, 11:08 am
man thats a great post, personally out of every supp you guys sell pak is by far the most important one. It breaks it down to give bodybuilders and people trying to get in shape exactly what their bodies need after the punishment that we put it through in the gym.

urnowsmoking
01-17-09, 9:15 pm
First off greetings from the iron pit in the great white north. Home of Gretzky and where gravity seems to pull harder on the weights.

I have used paks for a few years and found that there are some nice differences when I take them. When I piss it is not some funky color which means that the absorption/balance is right for me. I have not been sick,.....were talking laying on the back not able to be interested in getting vertical in anyway kinda sick in many years since I have taken them.

For those having trouble swallowing the pak try this. Put the tabs in your mouth and sip water through a straw while shuffling the pills down the gullet. This is how old people take those big butt horse pills and it will work for you as well.

Lift, lower repeat

Little Z
01-17-09, 9:19 pm
First off greetings from the iron pit in the great white north. Home of Gretzky and where gravity seems to pull harder on the weights.

I have used paks for a few years and found that there are some nice differences when I take them. When I piss it is not some funky color which means that the absorption/balance is right for me. I have not been sick,.....were talking laying on the back not able to be interested in getting vertical in anyway kinda sick in many years since I have taken them.

For those having trouble swallowing the pak try this. Put the tabs in your mouth and sip water through a straw while shuffling the pills down the gullet. This is how old people take those big butt horse pills and it will work for you as well.

Lift, lower repeat

welcome to the forvm brother.. nice info on the pills for those who cant take them proper..

dannynb
01-18-09, 3:05 pm
The fact that Pak is still on the market, still being used after how many years, says it all. When I was younger I used to look at the can and think to myself "overkill, just to much crap in there." Than as I got older and learned more about nutrition and training I realized that it's not overkill, it's covering all the basics. I have noticed a difference in my body and performance from taking it and not taking it. Universal has my respect because any add, posting by the company it's nothing flashy or misleading. It's straight to the point backed by knowledgeable facts.

LegendKillerJosh
01-18-09, 11:32 pm
yo g when are we going to get our next topic of debate?

Machine
01-27-09, 1:45 pm
I think the formula has proven it's worth for hard training athletes over the long haul. I would like to see every element in the Animalpak be offered exclusively in capsul form. I know this can effect the overall price per batch; but it would increase absorption quite a bit. The digestive enzymes in our bodies may not be quite strong enough to break down the elements in that compacted tablet form...the result of this is a whole bunch of pills stuck in your colin. I think iron should be almost a non-factor if one is consuming the correct foods, also, Iron's use in the body is based on an aggregate effect, about 15 percent of the body's iron is stored for future needs and mobilized when dietary intake is inadequate. The body usually maintains normal iron status by controlling the amount of iron absorbed from food. Overall, Animalpak has proven itself to be a battle tested ally in weightrooms and training camps all over the country as well as internationally. Just my two cents - MACHINE

Guns13
01-28-09, 5:05 pm
I feel muti vitamines are the same. The difference is how many ya have to take.
I am saying this cause i have tried them all. I don't feel that they give me more energy. They help keep you from getting sick. I dont feel any different from taking animal pak to taking mega mens multi. just a difference in how many i am taking. When you go into the other cans like Nitro and M-stack now those make a difference in your body where i would go with those over others. Just IMO.... Im not dis'n I love animal and the crew the other products and info you guys drop on us is like no other.

Giant Killer
01-28-09, 5:25 pm
Two kinds of people in this world... Those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk... Those who type behind a computer and those to train balls out.

Oops, didn't realize my balls were sticking out. Thanks for the heads up U Rep.

I think the formula has proven it's worth for hard training athletes over the long haul. I would like to see every element in the Animalpak be offered exclusively in capsule form.

I've also heard the opposite, from my Nutrition and Microbiology professor, that many of the gelatin capsules utilized today are not broken down and are passed in the stool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there's two sides to every story. In the end, I like stories, but I want to see the big picture. Pak is part of my big picture.

Universal Rep
01-29-09, 1:31 pm
yo g when are we going to get our next topic of debate?

You can check this out... Lively debate here until the next roundtable: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=23257

In the meantime, Pak Pride ftw.

Dingo
01-29-09, 5:35 pm
Oops, didn't realize my balls were sticking out. Thanks for the heads up U Rep.

I've also heard the opposite, from my Nutrition and Microbiology professor, that many of the gelatin capsules utilized today are not broken down and are passed in the stool.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there's two sides to every story. In the end, I like stories, but I want to see the big picture. Pak is part of my big picture.

are you talkin caps like nitro come in? cause if you are then you've never had a nitro burp, when one of them gets caught in your throat, ya burp up eaa's into your mouth... yumm

Giant Killer
01-29-09, 5:44 pm
are you talkin caps like nitro come in? cause if you are then you've never had a nitro burp, when one of them gets caught in your throat, ya burp up eaa's into your mouth... yumm

Oh I have no doubt that Universals caps dissolve well, I was just mentioning it as an aside. I've had it all, Nitro burp, M-Stak burp, Stak burp...the hardcore funkiness.

But the stuff works like a charm!

JasonG
01-30-09, 12:24 am
The pak has stood the test of time and of course it isn't outdated. If I had to come up with one complaint though it would be the label based on taking 2 paks. I know people take two precontest but still not at the same time so why not list the label ingredients per pak? Just a small thing and I can divide by two haha but that would be my only complaint. That says a lot I think if the only thing I can come up with is that.

Wasteland
01-30-09, 4:46 pm
The pak has stood the test of time and of course it isn't outdated. If I had to come up with one complaint though it would be the label based on taking 2 paks. I know people take two precontest but still not at the same time so why not list the label ingredients per pak? Just a small thing and I can divide by two haha but that would be my only complaint. That says a lot I think if the only thing I can come up with is that.

I believe the two pack dosage is a vestige of the old days in the 80s when Pak was designed and primarily used by competitive bodybuilders. At least to me, changing that is like changing history.

JasonG
01-30-09, 10:43 pm
I believe the two pack dosage is a vestige of the old days in the 80s when Pak was designed and primarily used by competitive bodybuilders. At least to me, changing that is like changing history.

Oh ok, I can definitely respect the history with that. I wonder if that turns some people off though that might otherwise use the pak. By looking at the label and thinking holy shit a buck a day for a multivitamin and 22 pills. I guess that doesn't matter though as people should research supplements before deciding to take them. Just a look from the marketing perspective...

MELTDOWN
01-30-09, 10:50 pm

good post. back then there was pak and aminos. none of the super trick gold monkey platinum supps we have today.

dannynb
01-30-09, 11:14 pm
good post. back then there was pak and aminos. none of the super trick gold monkey platinum supps we have today.

Yessir how times have changed.

andrewT
02-06-09, 12:05 pm
I was recently running out of supps lately. I was using my mom's swiss one multi for a few days and I felt like a shitbreak! As soon as I got my pak back I felt like me again. call it placebo or whatever, but I do, firm believer here now!

when the heck will the big size of EAA stack be comin out? =)

Hoomgar
02-06-09, 1:56 pm
I was recently running out of supps lately. I was using my mom's swiss one multi for a few days and I felt like a shitbreak! As soon as I got my pak back I felt like me again. call it placebo or whatever, but I do, firm believer here now!

when the heck will the big size of EAA stack be comin out? =)

No I feel ya 100% on that bro. I've experienced the same thing. They tell me I am experiencing a placebo affect. Well, I'm lovin that placebo affect then and it's worth the 50 cents a day it is costing me!

Hg

LVs
05-21-09, 12:46 pm
It could be good to buy f...ing huge 365 packets bucket of PAK at a time - no need to worry about the stock and some saving on a bulk purchase and packages.
Big bucket is a good opportunity for promo as well, like to throw inside some T-shirt, poster, AOM, DVD...

LVs
05-21-09, 2:03 pm
About huge bucket of PAK with free T-shirt.

Firs of all, the fact that manufacturer is so confident in the product, that produces that in such a big and expensive package, should increase the confidence of potential consumer in PAK and increase the probability, that he will buy a 15 pack can at least, just to try it out and will be sticked to PAK after.
The second reason is that at the currently poor-developed local supp market, where it's hard to survive for the shops, they don't distribute clothes, posters, DVDs etc. That means, no advertising at all, because there is no one of Universal in local magazines as well.
When advanced level athletes (potential consumers of PAK in buckets) will start working out in their's gyms in free Animal T-shirts, that should be very good advertising, because branded by supp manufacturers BB gymwear is not presented here now.
The local supp market will grow very soon, because there is an explosion of gym networks growth and fitness popularity right now. Maybe there are the similar opportunities in other countries and a reason to think about putting this idea into work...
As Wayne Gretzky said, "A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be."

Thanks to last year's pre-anniversary big givaway of posters along with supps.
When I have come to the shop to take some potein, I was amazed by black and white poster on the wall, which has displayed something different from usual BS modern mass media marketing creation. I have copied the link of this website from poster. That's how I was attracted to PAK. Sometimes the small things such as posters make the big job done. Like the modest small packet of PAK does it across the world day in and day out.

Johny R.
06-07-09, 10:44 am
i noticed that without animal pak i get sick allot and most of the time i feel like shit but since im using pak i feel great i cant go without it

Universal Rep
06-12-09, 2:54 pm
i noticed that without animal pak i get sick allot and most of the time i feel like shit but since im using pak i feel great i cant go without it

Alot of fellas have said this--when on Pak, they get sick less often...

Universal Rep
06-12-09, 2:54 pm

Peace, G

Yo G, when/what is the next Roundtable Topic?

dannynb
06-12-09, 10:40 pm
Yo G, when/what is the next Roundtable Topic?

Been wondering the same thing chief.

Serpiente-6509
06-17-09, 8:51 pm
Quick question, I am about to finish a cycle of Mstak and am thinking of going on to stak. Is there any sort of strength loss/mass loss when cycling off of stak ? I have also heard that stak is geared more towards the over 25 range. Input is appreciated.

Artem_
06-21-09, 7:30 pm

Is Ox Evan Centopani?

Hoomgar
06-23-09, 10:07 pm
Is Ox Evan Centopani?

You got it right. That is him.

Ironjaw
07-21-09, 10:07 pm
I used to work for a company that said that it is outdated ... but amoung the people here who have used it im sure 90% if not 100% of us say its not ....that being said for a regular muli that "normal" people take ... there is no need ... but for gains and support on your body that takes a beating paralleled to sticking your finger in a livewire then hell ye take it you wont regrett it... i mean if its outdated then why does it still work when company xyz makes a multi and its shit ??? i took pak for my last NPC show and did a hardcore ass cut... i still hit the gym heavy made some pr and kept my energy sufficent... my last show i was using another multi didnt really cut as hard as the npc show and i was fatigued most of my w/o's to the point where if it wasnt abbz shoulder or arms i couldnt last past 50mins .... so no it aint outdated and those toothpicked white coats can shove it

naturalguy
07-22-09, 8:27 am
I used to work for a company that said that it is outdated ... but amoung the people here who have used it im sure 90% if not 100% of us say its not ....that being said for a regular muli that "normal" people take ... there is no need ... but for gains and support on your body that takes a beating paralleled to sticking your finger in a livewire then hell ye take it you wont regrett it... i mean if its outdated then why does it still work when company xyz makes a multi and its shit ??? i took pak for my last NPC show and did a hardcore ass cut... i still hit the gym heavy made some pr and kept my energy sufficent... my last show i was using another multi didnt really cut as hard as the npc show and i was fatigued most of my w/o's to the point where if it wasnt abbz shoulder or arms i couldnt last past 50mins .... so no it aint outdated and those toothpicked white coats can shove it

The Pak is far from outdated. A lot of people like to say that mostly out of ignorance, they think since Animal Pak has been around since 1983 that it is the same formula. In reality the Pak has gone through several revisions over the years, in fact we did a recent update.

For the latest formula you should always check this page:

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=14

ghost
07-22-09, 8:41 am
The Pak is far from outdated. A lot of people like to say that mostly out of ignorance, they think since Animal Pak has been around since 1983 that it is the same formula. In reality the Pak has gone through several revisions over the years, in fact we did a recent update.

For the latest formula you should always check this page:

http://www.animalpak.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=14

Not only ignorance. But Fear. They are kind of afraid of the success that Pak has had over the past 26 years. because their multi has to change every other week/month/year... With minor changes throughout the years, Pak has remained the Top multi among lifters (recreational and pro) and will be for years to come.

B.C.
08-06-09, 7:37 am
If the Pak is so outdated, then why are so many other companies trying to copy it? They say they aren't, but who are they kidding? I think the other companies are just pissed that they run 6 page ads all over the magazines, and Universal puts a 1 or 2 page black and white in there and are better than competitive. I'd be angry too if I knew another company was spending 1/10 on marketing and still selling as many supps as I was.

There is a good reason for so many pills. The nutrients are designed to hit the bloodstream at different rates, or different times. Each pill contains a different set of nutrients, all combined with a different amount of filler and/or different coating. All this stuff affects how fast that pill dissolves, and therefore how fast that set of nutrients is absorbed. Having all the nutrients contained in a Pak release into the stomach, and into the bloodstream, all at the same time would be overkill. Most of it would probably just be flushed out. Having certain nutrients release first, helps the others absorb better. It's a synergy thing. It's not that the Pak is outdated now, it was just ahead of it's time back in 1983.

Am I way off base here?

Tallwhitebread0042
08-13-09, 3:18 pm
FUCK YES!

I think PAK is 99.9999999999999% perfect except....all the damn pills! if they made somethin like this or even capsules like nitro, pump etc, then i'd be SO happy. PLEASE consider this...i have problems as well with my throat. as my training partner. he barfed once just taking one uni-liver ha. i think it would help many individuals if this was seriously considered....

B.C.
08-13-09, 3:47 pm
I don't think we could have it both ways. If the pills were smaller, there would HAVE to be more of them. Again, the boys at Universal/Animal did their homework on this one, and hit the jackpot. If it ain't broke...don't fix it.

Wasteland
08-13-09, 5:03 pm
If the Pak is so outdated, then why are so many other companies trying to copy it? They say they aren't, but who are they kidding? I think the other companies are just pissed that they run 6 page ads all over the magazines, and Universal puts a 1 or 2 page black and white in there and are better than competitive. I'd be angry too if I knew another company was spending 1/10 on marketing and still selling as many supps as I was.

There is a good reason for so many pills. The nutrients are designed to hit the bloodstream at different rates, or different times. Each pill contains a different set of nutrients, all combined with a different amount of filler and/or different coating. All this stuff affects how fast that pill dissolves, and therefore how fast that set of nutrients is absorbed. Having all the nutrients contained in a Pak release into the stomach, and into the bloodstream, all at the same time would be overkill. Most of it would probably just be flushed out. Having certain nutrients release first, helps the others absorb better. It's a synergy thing. It's not that the Pak is outdated now, it was just ahead of it's time back in 1983.

Am I way off base here?

I don't think you're off base at all. Many are trying to copy Animal Pak. Still, it's good to know that even the Animal Pak can evolve: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27072

Sprint
08-26-09, 1:25 pm
cuple of things
1st off, havin just read that Ox is Evan Centopani just had to say the Sept issue of MD you're fido's 'nads, those fuckin arms man. lovin that u started in ur basement gym, i started in my garage hittin pull ups from the rafters & all that stuff. im nowhere near ur standard, but u give me inspiration.

2nd off, which is slightly more on topic..im just about to get myself some animal pak for the first time (lookin forward to the pak piss, + the reaction from colleagues cos i hit the gym straight from work & they're all convinced im on steroids as it is so breaking out a bunch of pills will lead to some dodgy maths along the lines of 2+2=5)
anyway, i train hard, balls to the wall so it'll be 2 paks a day for me, my question is 1 pak before the session, when shud i take the 2nd pak? immediately after the session, before bed, upon waking? cheers bros.

Sprint

Hoomgar
08-26-09, 1:29 pm
cuple of things
1st off, havin just read that Ox is Evan Centopani just had to say the Sept issue of MD you're fido's 'nads, those fuckin arms man. lovin that u started in ur basement gym, i started in my garage hittin pull ups from the rafters & all that stuff. im nowhere near ur standard, but u give me inspiration.

2nd off, which is slightly more on topic..im just about to get myself some animal pak for the first time (lookin forward to the pak piss, + the reaction from colleagues cos i hit the gym straight from work & they're all convinced im on steroids as it is so breaking out a bunch of pills will lead to some dodgy maths along the lines of 2+2=5)
anyway, i train hard, balls to the wall so it'll be 2 paks a day for me, my question is 1 pak before the session, when shud i take the 2nd pak? immediately after the session, before bed, upon waking? cheers bros.

Sprint

If you are going to do two Paks a day I'd go one with breakfast and one with dinner. Space um out.

Hg

HeavyG
08-30-09, 10:05 pm
I cant see how a multi vitamin could ever be outdated, IMO it seems to be the true foundation of all Animals. No matter what stak anyone on here takes you can count on the Pak to be part of it.

Sprint
09-13-09, 12:03 pm
cheers HG :D

Mr. Dead
09-20-11, 1:36 pm
Yes... I know that this is a huuuuge bump... But... I kind of miss these Roundtable discussions...

Cranky
09-20-11, 1:47 pm
Yes... I know that this is a huuuuge bump... But... I kind of miss these Roundtable discussions...

In. Seems like a solid idea and it is nice to get solid feedback from the guys 'in the know'.

Beowulf
09-20-11, 2:16 pm
In. Seems like a solid idea and it is nice to get solid feedback from the guys 'in the know'.

I think it would be cool to have directed discussions on a specific topic or theme. Why limit it to supplements? We could pick a relevant bodybuilding or powerlifting topic and people could weigh in with their thoughts, from the sponsored athletes all the way down to regular members.

Cranky
09-20-11, 2:23 pm
I think it would be cool to have directed discussions on a specific topic or theme. Why limit it to supplements? We could pick a relevant bodybuilding or powerlifting topic and people could weigh in with their thoughts, from the sponsored athletes all the way down to regular members.

Hell yeah. It would be cool if the U used their Youtube page to possibly do a video roundtable series. Im digging the ask the athlete series w/ AV, be nice to see guys like NG, JDawg, G, Aggression, C., n' many others answering and discussing topics along with behind the scenes hijinx.

Phil800101
09-20-11, 10:26 pm
In.

R-Man
09-21-11, 9:11 am
I was on the universal site & saw that theres 100% egg aminos. Not sure if im late or not but i havent heard of it. Since theres uni liver & 100% beef aminos maybe we can have a uni liver vs. beef aminos vs. egg aminos debate to start things off? Which one is flat out better, which one would be the best for whatever goal your trying to achieve, maybe just take 2/3 & which 2/3 would be best or take all 3 and say fuck it?

unclejason
09-21-11, 9:37 am
There is a good reason for so many pills. The nutrients are designed to hit the bloodstream at different rates, or different times. Each pill contains a different set of nutrients, all combined with a different amount of filler and/or different coating. All this stuff affects how fast that pill dissolves, and therefore how fast that set of nutrients is absorbed. Having all the nutrients contained in a Pak release into the stomach, and into the bloodstream, all at the same time would be overkill. Most of it would probably just be flushed out. Having certain nutrients release first, helps the others absorb better. It's a synergy thing.

Right on man. I've always been peery of sup companies stuffing a multitude of ingredients on just 1 or 2 pills/capsules. It makes perfect sense that the Pak contains several pills.

unclejason
09-21-11, 9:45 am
I was on the universal site & saw that theres 100% egg aminos. Not sure if im late or not but i havent heard of it. Since theres uni liver & 100% beef aminos maybe we can have a uni liver vs. beef aminos vs. egg aminos debate to start things off? Which one is flat out better, which one would be the best for whatever goal your trying to achieve, maybe just take 2/3 & which 2/3 would be best or take all 3 and say fuck it?

Dude, this would be a good debate/conversation. I'm currently only taking Uni-Liver (sure, all 3 would probably be more beneficial but I'm already taking Rage, Animal Test, protein, Storm, etc...you gotta stop at some point; most of us can't afford to spend our entire check on sups).

I think most folks in here would say it depends on your overall goals as to which one of these 3 is better. The reason I take Uni Liver is more so for the long term health benefits of desiccated liver. I'm already taking enough stuff for muscle repair. I'd like to hear more opinions on these 3 though. Good post man.

Shahabidabi
09-24-11, 1:10 am
Def sub to this one.

I have taken PAK off and on for 10 years and I have tried others when money was short. I have always come back to the PAK when I had the money and now that I'm getting back into the iron I will get rid of extraneous crap before I get rid of the PAK. I also agree with the statement about other vitamins killing peoples stomachs, there are a few that I have taken that just the smell of them now make we want to vomit. I have never had a problem taking PAK even with the amount of pills, just takes practice, and what works for me is flavor, even if its just water with some lemon juice in it. Just my trick.

PAK for life.

Bob
10-04-11, 3:48 pm
what about starting a new thread for each roundtable?

Mr. Dead
10-04-11, 3:56 pm
what about starting a new thread for each roundtable?

There were some...

Beowulf
10-06-11, 11:25 am
Bueller?

Enforcer
10-09-11, 1:33 pm
Pak will never become outdated to me. With all of the glits and glamour of products out there today with the "get big" quick schemes, Pak has stayed pretty much the same (with a few minor changes) and still delivers results. Some many people now a days forget the importance of just your basic overall vitamin. Shit when I was a kid my mom had me taking flinstones to help keep me strong. Now I take Pak and would'nt trade it for anything else.

unclejason
10-09-11, 9:33 pm
Pak will never become outdated to me. With all of the glits and glamour of products out there today with the "get big" quick schemes, Pak has stayed pretty much the same (with a few minor changes) and still delivers results. Some many people now a days forget the importance of just your basic overall vitamin. Shit when I was a kid my mom had me taking flinstones to help keep me strong. Now I take Pak and would'nt trade it for anything else.

I've taken Pak off and on for a long time but I've been consistent with Pak daily for well over 6 months now. One thing I notice is that I don't get sick when I'm taking Pak when everyone else is getting sick (which has been the case lately).

C.Coronato
10-11-11, 12:53 pm
Animal Pak will never be outdated. Tried and True, Pak stands alone. It was my very first Animal/Universal product, and i have been using it consistently for 6+ years. I dont see myself stopping any time soon.

ghost
10-12-11, 8:56 am
Animal Pak will never be outdated. Tried and True, Pak stands alone. It was my very first Animal/Universal product, and i have been using it consistently for 6+ years. I dont see myself stopping any time soon.

ive taken Pak daily for 9 years now. wont switch to anything else, and wont ever look back on that decision.

Razor
10-12-11, 10:03 am
ive taken Pak daily for 9 years now. wont switch to anything else, and wont ever look back on that decision.

Not quite as long but haven't missed a day. Nothing more important first thing in the morning.

J-Dawg
10-12-11, 10:11 am

R-Man, that's a good question. Maybe you could post it up here to the masses at UniversalUSA: http://www.universalusa.com/Community/Forum/Supplements

J-Dawg
10-12-11, 10:12 am

I've taken Pak off and on for a long time but I've been consistent with Pak daily for well over 6 months now. One thing I notice is that I don't get sick when I'm taking Pak when everyone else is getting sick (which has been the case lately).

Not quite as long but haven't missed a day. Nothing more important first thing in the morning.

Pak is one supplement that you can never grow out of. So many important micronutrients and other optimizers in there that help ya support your own foundational nutrition.

Mr. Dead
10-12-11, 10:39 am
Pak is one supplement that you can never grow out of. So many important micronutrients and other optimizers in there that help ya support your own foundational nutrition.

Agreed...

Swolepez
03-19-15, 11:40 am
Huge bump...but if anyone is interested I would LOVE to get this thread back up and going again..a place where we can talk, debate and shoot the shit..now, this thread doesn't have to be specific to just supplements or if Pak is outdated or not..it could be about anything going on the lifting community or in the world in general..maybe even move this thread into the Livin section that way people know it's not just supplement talk but more...

For example, I would love to debate or talk or hear people's opinions on what Arnold recently shared on his viewpoint on how the bodybuilders physiques of today are not as "beautiful" as in the previous years...

John Grey
03-19-15, 11:49 am
Huge bump...but if anyone is interested I would LOVE to get this thread back up and going again..a place where we can talk, debate and shoot the shit..now, this thread doesn't have to be specific to just supplements or if Pak is outdated or not..it could be about anything going on the lifting community or in the world in general..maybe even move this thread into the Livin section that way people know it's not just supplement talk but more...

For example, I would love to debate or talk or hear people's opinions on what Arnold recently shared on his viewpoint on how the bodybuilders physiques of today are not as "beautiful" as in the previous years...

I am all for pumping some life into this thread!!

GunRock
03-19-15, 1:32 pm
Let's do it. I already have a couple of topics.
1. Discussing non Universal products here. Ok for the purposes of explaining your current stack/asking a question etc or never to be mentioned?

2. Who do we think would be the best choice for first female Animal athlete?

3. Will there ever be an Animal Crossfitter?

Swolepez
03-19-15, 8:16 pm
I am all for pumping some life into this thread!!

Awesome! Do you have any topics in mind??

Swolepez
03-19-15, 8:23 pm
Let's do it. I already have a couple of topics.
1. Discussing non Universal products here. Ok for the purposes of explaining your current stack/asking a question etc or never to be mentioned?

2. Who do we think would be the best choice for first female Animal athlete?

1) i think we can only discuss basic products ie; creatine, protein powder, pre-workout but that's all...I don't believe we can talk about specific product names and/or companies...I kinda understand this bc on BB.com it usually turns into a fight between reps so I think Animal is trying to keep that away from The Forvm

2) idk I will get back to you on that one lol but if they did I could see them going the power lifter route

3) honestly, no....Animal would have to open up to having a Physique competitor in my opinion before they open up to a crossfitter...and in the past they haven't been too fond of physique lol so I don't see it happening

GunRock
03-19-15, 9:48 pm
[QUOTE=Swolepez;1406384]1) i think we can only discuss basic products ie; creatine, protein powder, pre-workout but that's all...I don't believe we can talk about specific product names and/or companies...I kinda understand this bc on BB.com it usually turns into a fight between reps so I think Animal is trying to keep that away from The Forvm

This one was mostly because I sometimes see people mentioning the names of other companies' products i.e. here's my meal plan for the day, and it includes something another company makes. Everything I take is Animal/Universal but I just wondered how company sees that sort of thing.

As for 3. I'd take somebody like Rich Froning or Jason Khalipa over any physique competitor. I always thought of CrossFit as strongman's weaker, wiry cousin who lets everybody hang out at his house (seriously, look at how many guys train at CrossFit gyms just because the equipment is there as opposed to globo gyms or even how many powerlifters now have coaching jobs and hold clinics just because soccer moms discovered the deadlift?) At the last five meets I attended, a healthy percentage of the competitors were CrossFitters testing the waters.

Anyway, that was all to stir the pot. We could talk about which super hero most deserves an Animal sponsorship (that would be Batman, followed closely by Thor) if you all want. I'm just glad to see the thread revive.

Swolepez
03-19-15, 10:34 pm
This one was mostly because I sometimes see people mentioning the names of other companies' products i.e. here's my meal plan for the day, and it includes something another company makes. Everything I take is Animal/Universal but I just wondered how company sees that sort of thing.
I personally would be open to talking about other products and how they compare to Animal but again I understand that this is specifically the Animal Forvm....but yea, I also see other people adding other products when talking about their diet plan or Journey but I think they let it slide bc that person is not promoting the product or it isn't even the main point of their post...

As for 3. I'd take somebody like Rich Froning or Jason Khalipa over any physique competitor. I always thought of CrossFit as strongman's weaker, wiry cousin who lets everybody hang out at his house (seriously, look at how many guys train at CrossFit gyms just because the equipment is there as opposed to globo gyms or even how many powerlifters now have coaching jobs and hold clinics just because soccer moms discovered the deadlift?) At the last five meets I attended, a healthy percentage of the competitors were CrossFitters testing the waters.

Anyway, that was all to stir the pot. We could talk about which super hero most deserves an Animal sponsorship (that would be Batman, followed closely by Thor) if you all want. I'm just glad to see the thread revive.

I just can't picture it in my mind lol..a crossfit athlete for Animal..I'm not against Crossfit but I just don't see it for Animal to be honest...I like your topics though, I hope more people jump in on this!

intoodeep25
03-19-15, 11:44 pm

GOOD GOD I hope not. Thats all I will say about that crap.

John Grey
03-20-15, 9:24 am

3. I am all for the never say never, but this is pushing that mantra to the test. Just thinking of those little 90 second videos Animal posts with Dan Green or Jason Huh introducing a product in black & white lifting monster weight with solid form. Can you imagine an Animal Rage XL black & white vid with someone doing kipping pull-ups? I sure as hell can't.

G Diesel
03-20-15, 10:16 am
You guys asked for it...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43669-The-FORVM-Roundtable-Talk-Your-Shit

Peace, G

Swolepez
03-20-15, 10:22 am
You guys asked for it...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?43669-The-FORVM-Roundtable-Talk-Your-Shit

Peace, G

^^^ thanks G

GunRock
03-20-15, 7:24 pm
3. I am all for the never say never, but this is pushing that mantra to the test. Just thinking of those little 90 second videos Animal posts with Dan Green or Jason Huh introducing a product in black & white lifting monster weight with solid form. Can you imagine an Animal Rage XL black & white vid with someone doing kipping pull-ups? I sure as hell can't.

I can picture an ad with somebody doing multiple sets of cleans though or sledgehammer strikes across a table or log carries. At the end of the day, I'm a powerlifter not a CrossFitter but I've got to be honest and say that some of the CrossFit guys are getting pretty big and muscular.