PDA

View Full Version : My Stack and workout

J Will
01-07-09, 8:01 pm
A little background on myself. Im 5' 10" . 205lbs and im 18 years old

Its just a basic stack but i would like you to critique it if you guys can.
1) I will take animal Pak as soon as i wake up
2)Stak 45 minutes before working out
3)Pump 30 minutes before working out
4)Nitro right after followed by a protein shake
5) And Uni-liver in the middle of the day and before i go to bed. (Take about 4 pills each time)

This is my work out, i would really appreciate it if you guys could critique this.

Monday: Legs
1) Squats (4 sets)
2) Leg Press (4 sets)
3) Leg Curl (4 sets)
4) Leg Extensions (4 sets)
5) Seated Calve Raises (4 sets)

Tuesday: Chest
1) Flat Bench (4 sets)
2) Dumbbell press on flat bench (4 sets)
3) Dumbbell press on incline bench (4 sets)
4) Flys (4 sets)

This is my routine for 2 weeks. On the 3rd week i will start with incline bench and replace the dumbbell flatbench with decline and do flat bench before flys.

Wednesday: Back
1) Dead lifts (4 sets)
2) Pull-ups (4 sets)
3) Seated Rows (4 sets)
4) Lat Pull-Down (4 sets)
5) Bent over rows (4 sets)

Thursday: Legs ( Similar routine, although sometimes i will swap out the squats with lunges)
1) Squats (4 sets)
2) Leg Press (4 sets)
3) Leg Curl (4 sets)
4) Leg Extensions (4 sets)
5) Seated Calve Raises (4 sets)

Friday: Shoulders, Traps And Arms
1) Military Press (4 Sets)
2) Side lateral raises with dumbbells (4 Sets)
3) Front Lateral Raises (4 sets)
4) Shoulder Press (4 sets)
5) Reverse Flys (4 sets)
6) Upright rows (4 sets)
7) Shrugs (4 sets)
8) Straight Bar curl (4 sets)
9) Preacher curl (4 sets)
10) Cable curls (4 sets)
11) Close grip Bench (4 sets)
12) Skull crushers (4 sets)
13) Cable Pushdowns (4 sets)

For 2 weeks i will to 8-10 reps for each set. On the 3rd week i will do 4-6 on each set.
I do abs either before or after along with calves.

Ive been doing this routine for quite a while now and it really has been working for me. As far as the stack, I only did it for a couple months compared to not taking anything.

And as far as diet goes, I think i am on track, At least for protien. my protien intake is about 300.

big bear
01-07-09, 8:05 pm
dude maybe instead of going legs two times a week, instead use thurs as like your arms day and then keep fri shoulders and traps.. just a suggestion

J Will
01-07-09, 8:20 pm
well i figured legs is half the body, so why cheat it and only do it once a week. Ever since ive been doing it ive been noticing so huge gains.

TheNextBigThing
01-07-09, 8:55 pm
dude maybe instead of going legs two times a week, instead use thurs as like your arms day and then keep fri shoulders and traps.. just a suggestion

Totally Agree with Big Bear. You want to try to work everybody part equally to prevent having to play catch up with certain body parts down the road.

And as for your stack it looks great but I would take the uni-liver with every meal.

big bear
01-07-09, 8:57 pm
thats cool whatever works for you, personally there is no way i could do legs twice a week, esp with only 2 days rest in between. my legs are usually fried for a whole week after i hit them.

J Will
01-07-09, 11:29 pm
thats cool whatever works for you, personally there is no way i could do legs twice a week, esp with only 2 days rest in between. my legs are usually fried for a whole week after i hit them.

agreed sir. I might drop the one leg day then. I just dont want my legs to be small compared to the rest of my body. As of right now they are a lot bigger than the rest of my body.

Any advice for chest? That one part of my body i have a hard time getting bigger and i hate to dwell on it

TheBassGuy
01-07-09, 11:35 pm
agreed sir. I might drop the one leg day then. I just dont want my legs to be small compared to the rest of my body. As of right now they are a lot bigger than the rest of my body.

Any advice for chest? That one part of my body i have a hard time getting bigger and i hate to dwell on it

heavy presses, heavy flys and pullovers. Try a variety of different presses, flat bench, incline bench and if your gym has one of those chest-press machines give it a try, ive noticed some good results from it.

Littlefry
01-08-09, 11:18 pm
Aside from what everyone else has said I noticed one other thing that you might want to look into. In your stack you say your taking Pak + Stak + Pump + Nitro. Your only 18 so your test levels should be at there peak at this point in growth. Instead of taking Stak, I would switch it out with M-stak instead, you will probably see better mass + strenght gains with M-stak than you would with Stak since as mentioned before your Test+HGH levels are at there peak. Just something for you to think about.

J Will
01-08-09, 11:46 pm
Aside from what everyone else has said I noticed one other thing that you might want to look into. In your stack you say your taking Pak + Stak + Pump + Nitro. Your only 18 so your test levels should be at there peak at this point in growth. Instead of taking Stak, I would switch it out with M-stak instead, you will probably see better mass + strenght gains with M-stak than you would with Stak since as mentioned before your Test+HGH levels are at there peak. Just something for you to think about.

your absolutely right. I went today to buy things and i left stak out completely. Im just going to use pak,pump and nitro for the mean time. Eating right is more important than the supplements in my opinion anyways. Im going to try and focus on that more.

big bear
01-09-09, 3:54 am
for chest gains try doing really heavy bench days- on flat bench do a weight you will fail at around 2-3 reps.. and do like 10 sets of these. this really helped to bring out the thickness in my pecs

J Will
01-09-09, 10:36 am
for chest gains try doing really heavy bench days- on flat bench do a weight you will fail at around 2-3 reps.. and do like 10 sets of these. this really helped to bring out the thickness in my pecs

I will try that, do you do that like once a month?

Wasteland
01-09-09, 10:53 am
Ive been doing this routine for quite a while now and it really has been working for me. As far as the stack, I only did it for a couple months compared to not taking anything.

How is your diet? What are your goals? Is the current stack doing something and if so, what? Overall, is everything going well or are there things you wish you could bring up to speed in terms of meeting your goals (whatever they might be)?

J Will
01-09-09, 12:51 pm
How is your diet? What are your goals? Is the current stack doing something and if so, what? Overall, is everything going well or are there things you wish you could bring up to speed in terms of meeting your goals (whatever they might be)?

My goal is to get as big as my body will let me, without steroids. Idk when that is though

big bear
01-10-09, 2:18 am
i do them every chest workout or every other.. since i started doing them my chest has become very hard

meckroth
01-10-09, 3:53 am
so were like the same size and age with the same goals, granted im a few pounds lighter than you. our workout looks relatively similar. whats your diet look like?

J Will
01-11-09, 4:33 pm
so were like the same size and age with the same goals, granted im a few pounds lighter than you. our workout looks relatively similar. whats your diet look like?

honestly a lot of protien, a lot, and a lot of comlex carbs, i get them where i can

meckroth
01-13-09, 1:32 am
now, after your workout, are you hittin the high glycemic index carbs? i dont know about you, but over the holidays was prime time for bulking, right after a workour id hit a shake and like two cookies. ya dig? i finally put on some size. maybe re vamp your diet..? re evaluate everything.

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 9:35 am
Personally i like to do alot of incline movements and leave the flat bench alone. I understand its a staple but i have found the bigger my upper chest gets the more my lower chest hangs. Dont get me wrong i still do my flat bench and flat flyes, but i always start with incline bench, incline flyes first and flat bench is one of my last workouts, usually as a drop set or negatives. Good Luck brother.

J Will
01-13-09, 2:43 pm
Personally i like to do alot of incline movements and leave the flat bench alone. I understand its a staple but i have found the bigger my upper chest gets the more my lower chest hangs. Dont get me wrong i still do my flat bench and flat flyes, but i always start with incline bench, incline flyes first and flat bench is one of my last workouts, usually as a drop set or negatives. Good Luck brother.

That was exactly what i was going to start doing from now on