PDA

View Full Version : My Routine and Stack

J Will
01-07-09, 8:05 pm
A little background on myself. Im 5' 10" . 205lbs and im 18 years old

Its just a basic stack but i would like you to critique it if you guys can.
1) I will take animal Pak as soon as i wake up
2)Stak 45 minutes before working out
3)Pump 30 minutes before working out
4)Nitro right after followed by a protein shake
5) And Uni-liver in the middle of the day and before i go to bed. (Take about 4 pills each time)

This is my work out, i would really appreciate it if you guys could critique this.

Monday: Legs
1) Squats (4 sets)
2) Leg Press (4 sets)
3) Leg Curl (4 sets)
4) Leg Extensions (4 sets)
5) Seated Calve Raises (4 sets)

Tuesday: Chest
1) Flat Bench (4 sets)
2) Dumbbell press on flat bench (4 sets)
3) Dumbbell press on incline bench (4 sets)
4) Flys (4 sets)

This is my routine for 2 weeks. On the 3rd week i will start with incline bench and replace the dumbbell flatbench with decline and do flat bench before flys.

Wednesday: Back
1) Dead lifts (4 sets)
2) Pull-ups (4 sets)
3) Seated Rows (4 sets)
4) Lat Pull-Down (4 sets)
5) Bent over rows (4 sets)

Thursday: Legs ( Similar routine, although sometimes i will swap out the squats with lunges)
1) Squats (4 sets)
2) Leg Press (4 sets)
3) Leg Curl (4 sets)
4) Leg Extensions (4 sets)
5) Seated Calve Raises (4 sets)

Friday: Shoulders, Traps And Arms
1) Military Press (4 Sets)
2) Side lateral raises with dumbbells (4 Sets)
3) Front Lateral Raises (4 sets)
4) Shoulder Press (4 sets)
5) Reverse Flys (4 sets)
6) Upright rows (4 sets)
7) Shrugs (4 sets)
8) Straight Bar curl (4 sets)
9) Preacher curl (4 sets)
10) Cable curls (4 sets)
11) Close grip Bench (4 sets)
12) Skull crushers (4 sets)
13) Cable Pushdowns (4 sets)

For 2 weeks i will to 8-10 reps for each set. On the 3rd week i will do 4-6 on each set.
I do abs either before or after along with calves.

Ive been doing this routine for quite a while now and it really has been working for me. As far as the stack, I only did it for a couple months compared to not taking anything.

And as far as diet goes, I think i am on track, At least for protien. my protien intake is about 300.

ronald1919
01-07-09, 9:42 pm
you are easily overtraining. At 18 you don't need stack. If you are capable working your legs twice a week then you are simply not putting enough effort in your monday workout. I am sore for at least 3 days after legz.

Insane Volume on shoulder....relax you are setting yourself up for an injury. Of course at your age any routine would make you grow...I d say rest on wednesday, shift your back workout to thursday and go ez on ur shoulders. Get M-stak instead of stack...also Nitro is not rly necessary after a protein shake.

J Will
01-07-09, 11:27 pm
you are easily overtraining. At 18 you don't need stack. If you are capable working your legs twice a week then you are simply not putting enough effort in your monday workout. I am sore for at least 3 days after legz.

Insane Volume on shoulder....relax you are setting yourself up for an injury. Of course at your age any routine would make you grow...I d say rest on wednesday, shift your back workout to thursday and go ez on ur shoulders. Get M-stak instead of stack...also Nitro is not rly necessary after a protein shake.

My legs are very sore from modays work out? But sometimes i just work through it if they are just a little sore. I push myself everyday balls to the wall, sometimes to the point where i can hardly walk lol, but i always have had the mind set that i never want to be like one of those guys with chicken legs.

What would you recommend me do on shoulder days instead?

Would i not notice anything form stack?

If i move the 2nd leg day to friday would that be better?

rayzer27
01-08-09, 12:11 am
My legs are very sore from modays work out? But sometimes i just work through it if they are just a little sore. I push myself everyday balls to the wall, sometimes to the point where i can hardly walk lol, but i always have had the mind set that i never want to be like one of those guys with chicken legs.

What would you recommend me do on shoulder days instead?

Would i not notice anything form stack?

If i move the 2nd leg day to friday would that be better?
Bro i think you need to let your legs rest..

TigerAce01
01-08-09, 12:22 am
Yo, Ace here...

I'm a younger guy like you, and Stak is a test booster, no need for any test boosters because our natural levels are plenty high enough, and you won't feel much on Stak. And our natural hormones are actually more potent right now. Good stuff.

And you said you don't want chicken legs, like the ones ALL of us dread. But twice a week is too much brother. To many people's surprise, training more will actually lead to a decrease in size over time. Stick to once a week, and make sure you work with a little bit lower of a volume with enough intensity to kill a bull, which from what I read is just a little harder than you're training now. Hahaha

As already said in this thread, too much volume for shoulders. Shoulders are EXTREMELY important and are prone to overtraining and injury. Stick to lower volume for now. And I would do shoulders and arms on separate days. Equals more intensity for both.

And for the nitro, go ahead and have a shake after your workout... more aminos and protein and other goodies never hurts. But instead of taking WITH your shake, pop nitro about half way through your workout. I know, sounds weird, but it works.

Let me know how this helps, and be my guest to check my journey... Ace's journey to 250lbs.

TigerAce01
01-08-09, 12:45 am
And btw, me and my brother Cstlfx call Palm Bay home... how far away is Miramar??

theharjmann
01-08-09, 4:58 am
[QUOTE=J Will;606592]Friday: Shoulders, Traps And Arms
5) Reverse Flys (4 sets)
6) Upright rows (4 sets)
7) Shrugs (4 sets)
10) Cable curls (4 sets)

QUOTE]

Mate, you work your shoulders on EVERY day u train, apart from legs. You hit your delts a lot when you do chest, back and arms.

Fuck doing all of those flyes for delts....thay aint gonna make u grow....stick to compound pressing.....

Barbell seated press behind neck
Barbell seated press infront of face
Barbell standing press behind neck
Barbell standing press infront of face

Dumbell seated press behind neck
Dumbell seated press infront of face
Dumbell standing press behind neck
Dumbell standing press infront of face

Smith machine seated press behind neck
Smith machine seated press infront of face
Smith machine standing press behind neck
Smith machine standing press infront of face

Cleans....loads of variations for these aswell

There are LOADS of variations for pressing exercises. If you must do a couple of sets of raises at the end of your workout, but thats it....no need to do any more.

As for Stack you dont need it...the other supps are excellent for growing though. Keep up the good work.

Peace

J Will
01-08-09, 6:43 am
Yo, Ace here...

I'm a younger guy like you, and Stak is a test booster, no need for any test boosters because our natural levels are plenty high enough, and you won't feel much on Stak. And our natural hormones are actually more potent right now. Good stuff.

And you said you don't want chicken legs, like the ones ALL of us dread. But twice a week is too much brother. To many people's surprise, training more will actually lead to a decrease in size over time. Stick to once a week, and make sure you work with a little bit lower of a volume with enough intensity to kill a bull, which from what I read is just a little harder than you're training now. Hahaha

As already said in this thread, too much volume for shoulders. Shoulders are EXTREMELY important and are prone to overtraining and injury. Stick to lower volume for now. And I would do shoulders and arms on separate days. Equals more intensity for both.

And for the nitro, go ahead and have a shake after your workout... more aminos and protein and other goodies never hurts. But instead of taking WITH your shake, pop nitro about half way through your workout. I know, sounds weird, but it works.

Let me know how this helps, and be my guest to check my journey... Ace's journey to 250lbs.

I guess you guys are right. i will definetaly change up my routine now.

I checked and Palm bay is 2 and 1/2 hours from me it looks like

J Will
01-08-09, 6:44 am
[QUOTE=J Will;606592]Friday: Shoulders, Traps And Arms
5) Reverse Flys (4 sets)
6) Upright rows (4 sets)
7) Shrugs (4 sets)
10) Cable curls (4 sets)

QUOTE]

Mate, you work your shoulders on EVERY day u train, apart from legs. You hit your delts a lot when you do chest, back and arms.

Fuck doing all of those flyes for delts....thay aint gonna make u grow....stick to compound pressing.....

Barbell seated press behind neck
Barbell seated press infront of face
Barbell standing press behind neck
Barbell standing press infront of face

Dumbell seated press behind neck
Dumbell seated press infront of face
Dumbell standing press behind neck
Dumbell standing press infront of face

Smith machine seated press behind neck
Smith machine seated press infront of face
Smith machine standing press behind neck
Smith machine standing press infront of face

Cleans....loads of variations for these aswell

There are LOADS of variations for pressing exercises. If you must do a couple of sets of raises at the end of your workout, but thats it....no need to do any more.

As for Stack you dont need it...the other supps are excellent for growing though. Keep up the good work.

Peace

I will give it a try tommarow and let you know how it goes.

TigerAce01
01-08-09, 1:44 pm
I guess you guys are right. i will definetaly change up my routine now.

I checked and Palm bay is 2 and 1/2 hours from me it looks like

Maybe I see a semi annual ABC coming

hahahaha

There's be a thread on Animals in our area, check the board brother.

In Flames
01-08-09, 4:42 pm
Bro, stick to this workout instead, written by an Animal Pro.

Titan Training Baby!

Monday
Back and Abs
Deadlifts: 4 sets x 10-4 reps
Pullups: 5 sets x 10 reps
Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets x 10 reps
T-Bar Rows: 3 sets x 10 reps
Crunches: 4 sets x 25 reps
Hanging Leg Raises: 4 sets x 10 reps

Tuesday
Arms
Barbell Curls: 4 sets x 12-6 reps
Alternating Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets x 10-6 reps
Hammer Curls: 3 sets x 12-8 reps
Pushdowns: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Skullcrushers: 3 sets x 12-6 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extensions: 3 sets x 12-8 reps

Wednesday
Off

Thursday
Legs
Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 20-10 reps
Barbell Squats: 5 sets x 20-8 reps
Leg Presses: 3 sets x 15-10 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets x 15-10 reps

Friday
Chest and Abs
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets x 12-4 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets x 15-10 reps
Rope Crunches: 4 sets x 25 reps

Saturday
Delts and Calves
Barbell Military Presses: 4 sets x 12-6 reps
Side Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Bent Rear Delt Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets x 15-10 reps
Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets x 12-8 reps
Leg Press Calf Raises: 5 sets x 20-10 reps

Sunday
Off

J Will
01-09-09, 12:07 am
Maybe I see a semi annual ABC coming

hahahaha

There's be a thread on Animals in our area, check the board brother.

I think that sounds great. The ABC down here is dead though....

TigerAce01
01-09-09, 12:11 am
Me and my brother Cstlfx are trying to get one started here, I'll try to find the link for the board...

Here you go brother http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21295