PDA

View Full Version : Nitro One Hour Work Out

Jinx
01-07-09, 8:34 pm
It says on the Nitro can to take one pak before workout and one after. My question is if I take a pak before working out, is one hour long enough to take one after the workout or do I need to wait longer?

Wasteland
01-09-09, 10:54 am
It says on the Nitro can to take one pak before workout and one after. My question is if I take a pak before working out, is one hour long enough to take one after the workout or do I need to wait longer?

You don't "need" to take Animal Nitro (EAA supplement) before and after lifting. You can choose one. If so, I'd probably go with post-workout. But then again, it depends on your nutrient-timing, that is, what your nutrition looks like pre-, intra-, and post-workout. What does it look like?

Jinx
01-09-09, 2:33 pm
You don't "need" to take Animal Nitro (EAA supplement) before and after lifting. You can choose one. If so, I'd probably go with post-workout. But then again, it depends on your nutrient-timing, that is, what your nutrition looks like pre-, intra-, and post-workout. What does it look like?

I try to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, fish, chicken, peanut butter, protein shakes, protein bars, apples, bananas and some oatmeal. I have not been eating or taking anything right before I work out though.. Should I be? If so what should I eat, drink or take?

Wasteland
01-09-09, 2:36 pm
I try to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, fish, chicken, peanut butter, protein shakes, protein bars, apples, bananas and some oatmeal. I have not been eating or taking anything right before I work out though.. Should I be? If so what should I eat, drink or take?

You don't have to be, I was just wondering. So you eat nothing an hour or two before you lift? What about during? Last but not least, what do you within two hours of lifting?

Jinx
01-09-09, 2:39 pm
You don't have to be, I was just wondering. So you eat nothing an hour or two before you lift? What about during? Last but not least, what do you within two hours of lifting?

I only work out for an hour each time because of time restraints. I do not eat anything during work out, but after I take Nitro and Stak and either eat dinner or a protein shake.

Again I am 5.11 173 pounds and a hard gainer. Is there anything else I can be doing better, different? I want to gain about 15 pounds of steel...

Wasteland
01-09-09, 3:57 pm
I only work out for an hour each time because of time restraints. I do not eat anything during work out, but after I take Nitro and Stak and either eat dinner or a protein shake.

Again I am 5.11 173 pounds and a hard gainer. Is there anything else I can be doing better, different? I want to gain about 15 pounds of steel...

So nothiing within 2 hours of lifting, nothing during, and dinner or a protein shake? When does the dinner and/or protein shake come?

Jinx
01-09-09, 4:01 pm
So nothiing within 2 hours of lifting, nothing during, and dinner or a protein shake? When does the dinner and/or protein shake come?

Within one hour of lifting.

Wasteland
01-09-09, 4:08 pm
Within one hour of lifting.

I'd probably do the Nitro pre-workout then. As for post-workout, I'd probably make sure I got a whole food meal in (protein and carbs) and not just a whey protein shake. Consider Torrent, which is a post-workout supplement. It might give you some more flexibility: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4738. Also consider Intra-Aid for during the workout: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20602.

Don't neglect nutritition/nutrient-timing. I would argue that nutrition around the period of training is one of the most critical and could help you make some nice gains.