PDA

View Full Version : I'm cutting...

MVP
01-08-09, 4:36 pm
Alright guys.

I've decided to begin cutting. I've never cut before and I know few basics but experience is what talks in this sport.

I know there's a few guys that know their stuff when it comes to cutting like krazyassmexican and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I wanna cut about 20lbs., I'd really like to cut 20lbs. in the next 5 months if that's possible?

So help is appreciated.

TigerAce01
01-08-09, 4:41 pm
20lbs is nothing in 5 months brother. I'm not much a guy to talk to on this subject, so I won't give you any advice, because I'm ignorant when it comes to dieting down, I just wanted to drop by and say you got support here...

Good Luck and hope you get some guidance.

-Ace

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 4:49 pm
that goal is really easy to accomplish in that long period of time, you can do low carb diets carb cycles, keto(palumbo style) keto (vince gironda style) or eric bousers approach to cuttin those are really effective

MVP
01-08-09, 4:51 pm
that goal is really easy to accomplish in that long period of time, you can do low carb diets carb cycles, keto(palumbo style) keto (vince gironda style) or eric bousers approach to cuttin those are really effective

Thanks. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cutting.

Could you give examples of some of these diets perhaps?

How often should cardio be done? 2 times day?

Is it easy to maintain muscle mass while cutting?

Thanks.

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 5:00 pm
Thanks. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cutting.

Could you give examples of some of these diets perhaps?

How often should cardio be done? 2 times day?

Is it easy to maintain muscle mass while cutting?

Thanks.

you need to start with baby steps when it comes to cardio that is what i am gonna do for example in my case i am in the first week of the diet with zero cardio i will start my cardio monday with 20minutes per day and work from there, it is easy to mantain your muscle you just have to be wise when doing your cardio

low carb diets as its name states you lower your carbs and clean your diet i dont know how much too much carbs mean to you or how much a lil carbs mean but it could be 100grams or 150grams etc

carbs cycle well like the name says one more time, you cycle your carb intake in high, medium, low and some people does zero days

palumbos diet is really low carbs (natural carbs ocurring on your meals) medium healthy fats and high protein intake something like 70% protein 30% fat

girondas style is basically a steak and eggs diet rich in steroidal fats about 65% fat and 35% protein

and erics aproach bases on dave's diet but he adds carbs on different times of the day(if you wanna look into it i will write you the macros for carbs later)

MVP
01-08-09, 5:14 pm
What about high protein, low carb, low fat?

Eating nothing but protein. Only consuming the carbohydrates that would be consumed with the protein?

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 5:19 pm
What about high protein, low carb, low fat?

Eating nothing but protein. Only consuming the carbohydrates that would be consumed with the protein?

that is the good ol' low carb diet i spoke about i didnt understand your question

Dingo
01-08-09, 5:35 pm
Alright guys.

I've decided to begin cutting. I've never cut before and I know few basics but experience is what talks in this sport.

I know there's a few guys that know their stuff when it comes to cutting like krazyassmexican and I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys.

I wanna cut about 20lbs., I'd really like to cut 20lbs. in the next 5 months if that's possible?

So help is appreciated.

what are you doing now? are you a couch tater new to the gym, are you a gym rat with descent strength and who isnt really a beginner to lifting? How do you eat now? Whats your lifting regime if you even have one?
20lbs should be a cake walk considering the first up to 10lbs or so can be pissed down the toilet in water weight.

More information is needed for anyone to really toss advice at you.

Carpe Diem P.T
01-08-09, 5:37 pm
do you need to cut or just lost some kgs? cutting to me is ripping down to the veins. if you are just looking to lose fat and maintain size, u need to be careful dropping your carbs too low. Lower them too much and increase cardio too fast and u will lose lean muscle mass.

MVP
01-08-09, 7:17 pm
I read today via a scale that measures your bodyfat% that I was 31.4% bodyfat.

I'd really like to cut down to at minimum 15%

I weigh 205lbs. My height is at 5'8"

I have been training for 3 years, although I did take a 6 month break last year due to being out with depression.

I started at 125lbs., then bulked up to 205 without cutting once. Which was my own stupidity.

My current routine that I just quit was push / pull / legs.

I am now on the 2-day version so I can dedicate more time to cardiovascular exercise.

My new routine...

Day 1 - Squat, Bench, OHP, Dips
Day 4 - Deadlift, BO Row, Pullup, Curls

Day 2, 3, and 5 with be dedicated to twice per day cardio exercise.

I also, as of lately cannot eat a lot, 3 meals per day tops and I'm probably averaging 1500 calories per day. I don't know why this happened all of a sudden.

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 7:32 pm
i sa your bf% is too high and go for a cut bro, get your diet and training on point

MVP
01-08-09, 8:31 pm
I know I need to cut, but I'm weak.

Would the high protein, low carb, low far allow me to maintain muscle atleast while cutting?

In example my bench is only 275. Which is extremely weak especially since I am 205lbs. My deadlift is a pathetic 355lbs. and my squat is at a decent 335lbs.

Thanks again!

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 8:36 pm
my bench mas is 225 at 240lbs

how much you bench squat or deadlift dont matter unless u are a powerlifter

MVP
01-08-09, 8:49 pm
my bench mas is 225 at 240lbs

how much you bench squat or deadlift dont matter unless u are a powerlifter

I wouldn't call myself a powerlifter or a bodybuilder. Since IMO, you're not either one unless you actually compete.

Although I train more for bodybuilding purposes rather then powerlifting.

I train for primary hypertrophy, secondary strength.

Would the high protein, low carb, low fat make a difference in maintaining muscle mass?

krazyassmexican
01-08-09, 8:58 pm
I wouldn't call myself a powerlifter or a bodybuilder. Since IMO, you're not either one unless you actually compete.

Although I train more for bodybuilding purposes rather then powerlifting.

I train for primary hypertrophy, secondary strength.

Would the high protein, low carb, low fat make a difference in maintaining muscle mass?

if you look like you can bench 500lbs even if you bench 50lbs that all that counts mantaining muscle you need to have your protein high and not abuse cardio
quit being afraid of losing muscle or u will get no where

rayzer27
01-08-09, 9:56 pm
do you need to cut or just lost some kgs? cutting to me is ripping down to the veins. if you are just looking to lose fat and maintain size, u need to be careful dropping your carbs too low. Lower them too much and increase cardio too fast and u will lose lean muscle mass.

I learned that the hard way =/

Dingo
01-09-09, 9:41 am
I read today via a scale that measures your bodyfat% that I was 31.4% bodyfat.

I'd really like to cut down to at minimum 15%

I weigh 205lbs. My height is at 5'8"

I have been training for 3 years, although I did take a 6 month break last year due to being out with depression.

I started at 125lbs., then bulked up to 205 without cutting once. Which was my own stupidity.

My current routine that I just quit was push / pull / legs.

I am now on the 2-day version so I can dedicate more time to cardiovascular exercise.

My new routine...

Day 1 - Squat, Bench, OHP, Dips
Day 4 - Deadlift, BO Row, Pullup, Curls

Day 2, 3, and 5 with be dedicated to twice per day cardio exercise.

I also, as of lately cannot eat a lot, 3 meals per day tops and I'm probably averaging 1500 calories per day. I don't know why this happened all of a sudden.

You can bulk up to 250/300/350 just do it right with good clean eating, you'll gain some fat but thats why its called a bulk. 125-205 isnt STUPID unless you did it on the double-cheeseburger diet.

You split is gonna kill your muscle gains, squat and bench are 2 major lifts that need their own days. I would take one of the cardio 2-adays and do a leg routine on one of them.

you can do cardio every day pre(warm up) and post(fat loss) weight training. just off the caloric deficit alone you should drop some weight, 1500 is pretty low. Kiss your fat as well as muscle good bye unless you are gettin most of that 1500 from proteins.

krazyassmexican
01-09-09, 10:17 am
Kiss your fat as well as muscle good bye unless you are gettin most of that 1500 from proteins.

even if he does his muscle will dissapear, he will need to include healthy fats on his diet or completly fix it and quit his 1500 regime

Dingo
01-09-09, 10:21 am
even if he does his muscle will dissapear, he will need to include healthy fats on his diet or completly fix it and quit his 1500 regime

thats why i said most of. 1500 is a crash diet and can jak with his metabolism. May end up back at 125 with all that skin left over from a 205 body.

SO i think we're atleast agreed he needs to clean up his diet and get it in proper working order.

tkestu
01-10-09, 12:38 pm
Krazy and Dingo I agree totally, I mean ur gonna lose weight with that crash sort of diet and massive cardio, but the muscle will go too. It's tough to do a good cutting cycle b/c its not a lightning fast weight loss, but in the long run u will be happier I think. Spreading ur weight training sessions out more than two days is a better bet IMO, and def a clean, sensible diet and macro ratios.

Good luck brother, I hope u achieve ur goals.