PDA

View Full Version : Taking creatine before and after workout

OneInchWonder
01-09-09, 3:54 am
I was wondering if i should take the Universal Storm(1serving 5g) as my pre workout along with my m-stak and glycerol then take a regular pure mono creapure creatine(1serving 5g) as post workout. Or am I over taking it and just wasting the extra creatine.

Another question, which drink would help me maximize creatine full potential? Gatorade/powerade, grape juice Welch, cran-grape juice Ocean Spray, water, orange, etc....?

simpleguy
01-09-09, 7:12 am
I'd take storm intra-workout if I were you... or 5g pre workout and 5 post

as for the second question, any type of simple carbs, but avoid fructose... I'd go with waxy maize starch... the dextrose and maltodextrin combo is a cheaper but still effective alternative

OneInchWonder
01-09-09, 10:11 am
I would buy waxy maize starch if I have enough budget but I think dextrose is more economical. How many grams of dextrose are needed? Is maltodextrin necessary?

Is it also okay to mix creatine with milk and protein powder for my post workout? The type of protein that I am using is 100% Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate Low/zero carb.

I am trying to bulk up by the way.

simpleguy
01-09-09, 11:05 am
I would buy waxy maize starch if I have enough budget but I think dextrose is more economical. How many grams of dextrose are needed? Is maltodextrin necessary?

Is it also okay to mix creatine with milk and protein powder for my post workout? The type of protein that I am using is 100% Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate Low/zero carb.

I am trying to bulk up by the way.

dextrose... anywhere between 30-40 and up to 200 grams surrounding your workout... it will depend on your bodyweight, workout intensity, and body type

maybe it's just a personal preference but I'd mix the creatine with the whey and dextrose in water... have your milk throughout the day

and btw, if you happen to read up on protein powders, the ion exchange process ruins a lot of the whey quality and benefits... I'd use a cross flow microfiltred isolate, or even a concentrate - or a blend of both

Wasteland
01-09-09, 11:08 am
I was wondering if i should take the Universal Storm(1serving 5g) as my pre workout along with my m-stak and glycerol then take a regular pure mono creapure creatine(1serving 5g) as post workout. Or am I over taking it and just wasting the extra creatine.

Another question, which drink would help me maximize creatine full potential? Gatorade/powerade, grape juice Welch, cran-grape juice Ocean Spray, water, orange, etc....?

Pre-, intra- or post-workout, I don't think it will matter much with Storm. With it, you won't need extra creatine. If you have Creapure, you could run that on your off days (if you're not using Storm).

Are you interested only in homemade concoctions for the creatine?

rev8ball
01-09-09, 11:18 am

That's similar to what I do, and it works great. As far as carbs, Gatorade is a great glucose/fructose combination product, and will probably be your cheapest route, especially if you buy it in bulk.

My workout routine is:
Pre - Storm, EAA Stack, Gatorade
During - EAA Stack, Gatorade
Post - Real Gains, Creatine Monohydrate

Some other products that may interest you are Intra-Aid and EEA Nitro. Take a look at 'em, and good luck....