PDA

View Full Version : question on supplementaion during off week

MeanStreet
01-09-09, 7:51 am
just as the title states, i want to know what supplements to take when on a week off

right now i take

pak
flex
N.O
glutamine
inta/post creatine
whey

let me know what i should cut out and what i should keep

thanks

J-Dawg
01-09-09, 8:53 am
Even during off weeks, I like to continue to use the basics-- From your list that would be Animal Pak, Animal Flex, creatine (I never cycle off of it). You can also continue to use stuff like EFAs, aminos, whey.

MeanStreet
01-09-09, 9:56 am
Thanks J-Dawg for your reply i will do just that

Wasteland
01-09-09, 10:27 am
just as the title states, i want to know what supplements to take when on a week off

right now i take

pak
flex
N.O
glutamine
inta/post creatine
whey

let me know what i should cut out and what i should keep

thanks

Why are you off? You should definitely continue with the Pak and Flex--these are daily. I use both every single day, rain or shine.

I'm not sure about the NO as there are other variables (e.g., if it contain stimulants). So as a general rule, I'd probably go off that, unless it's your only source of creatine (which it appears, it's not). If you're not lifting, no need for the intra or the post-workout shake (unless it's just creatine?). If it is, you can your creatine daily, no reason to take it twice though--and also, you don't need that much. Whey, no reason not to.

MeanStreet
01-09-09, 3:48 pm
i am off due to 12 weeks of straight training 4 days a week with great gains and want to take a week off to recover and so my gains can continue ,and get ready for my new routine and gym (i just finished)

thanks the N.O i only take before the gym so that is gone for sure but everything else is going to stay what do you think of once a day cardio and should i keep my diet the same

Wasteland
01-09-09, 3:54 pm
i am off due to 12 weeks of straight training 4 days a week with great gains and want to take a week off to recover and so my gains can continue ,and get ready for my new routine and gym (i just finished)

thanks the N.O i only take before the gym so that is gone for sure but everything else is going to stay what do you think of once a day cardio and should i keep my diet the same

Hard to say. Truth of the matter is, consider adding a bit and see how you respond. Only you'll be able to tell us whether the cardio and diet changes will impact you positively. But if you want additional "gains" (in your lifts and, ostensibly, your lean mass), then you probably wouldn't want to do the cardio. Depending on your goals, I'd consider the changing up the diet as well. Keep us up to date.