PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs Bros: Machine vs McFly Deads

naturalguy
01-09-09, 10:55 am
You wanna see deadlifts? How about Machine taking on McFly, it's gonna go down at The Cage.

Who ya got your money on? The young upstart McFly who just deadlifted 625 raw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r238b71agns

or Machine (no description necessary)

krazyassmexican
01-09-09, 10:56 am
would that be for a 1rm?

wtf mcfly you got some balls to go at it with machine lol

Big Wides
01-09-09, 10:58 am
hell yeah

Dingo
01-09-09, 10:58 am
havent we already seen a t800 go against a t1000 before?

G Diesel
01-09-09, 11:00 am
Reps or a max... Either way it would be madness.

Peace, G

krazyassmexican
01-09-09, 11:06 am
this remind me of the viper vs viper contest
http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/herb1.jpg

some day i would love to go at it with my man SGT ROCK i need like 10 years of training =(

simpleguy
01-09-09, 11:09 am
that lift was sick... congrats McFly

I still got my money on Machine but it seems it's gonna be tight

naturalguy
01-09-09, 11:14 am
I know I wouldn't want to go against Machine but I am sure McFly is up for the challenge, those Delaware boys don't seem to be scared of anything.

McFly
01-09-09, 11:30 am
oh boy! as if I needed any more fuel added to the fire! It's on fellas! Like I said us DE boys always bring our A-game. It'll be an honor to bang in the cage with Machine.

wedge
01-09-09, 11:32 am
Hey Universal, you may want to order some extra weights for these boys? You might not have enough in house.
Should be epic.

McFly
01-09-09, 12:14 pm
would that be for a 1rm?

wtf mcfly you got some balls to go at it with machine lol

havent we already seen a t800 go against a t1000 before?

that lift was sick... congrats McFly

I still got my money on Machine but it seems it's gonna be tight

well no surprise Machine will be the fan favorite and deserving of it, dudes a freak of freaks.

Where are all the challenging “bro’s”…..we gotta stick together! Hahaha

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 12:14 pm
This stuff is going to get media attention at this pace...

Gotta root for my boy McFly. Facing off against Machine eh? You got your work cut out for you my man.

krazyassmexican
01-09-09, 12:17 pm
well no surprise Machine will be the fan favorite and deserving of it, dudes a freak of freaks.

i am not taking sides, when it comes to delaware boys i could risk some money on you guys
it's just admirable that you are going against a beast, i dont underestimate you bro, i have faith on you either way if you break your back i am sure al will pick u up from the floor :P

McFly
01-09-09, 12:25 pm
i am not taking sides, when it comes to delaware boys i could risk some money on you guys
it's just admirable that you are going against a beast, i dont underestimate you bro, i have faith on you either way if you break your back i am sure al will pick u up from the floor :P

cool thanks K.

you don't know where you stand unless you attempt to stand next to the best.....it'll be humbling no doubt.....and keep me motivated.

UN giving us this opportunity…I am very grateful for…..I’ll be giving it my all….just like we do day in and day out

Dingo
01-09-09, 12:44 pm
no insult meant McFly, just trying to give an example of what its going to be like....

although we know the older more experienced t800 batter and bruised still came out on top, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FmSHlo_2Y8&feature=related

respect for both of ya, as well as the entire legion.

Rage
01-09-09, 1:48 pm

Got your back bro...kick some ass...train hard...

McFly
01-09-09, 1:50 pm
Got your back bro...kick some ass...train hard...

WORD! no doubt bro...that's all we know how to do.

JUGGERNAUT
01-09-09, 2:04 pm
This is gonna be a Blood&Guts face off.... they might call security (like that would help)

G Diesel
01-09-09, 2:05 pm

Somebody's gotta play the Buster Douglas role...

Peace, G

Sgt Rock
01-09-09, 7:35 pm
Can I get in on this LOL...please know I am only joking when I say this! I am hoping to borrow Machine and VInny for a back workout after my dl session anyhow so dont wear him out too much!! Dont ever count Machine out on ANYTHING.

Semper Fi

widdlewade44
01-09-09, 10:56 pm
It's going to be mad and sick! Good luck and I can't wait to see this...

Kevin
widdlewade44

BigAnt
01-09-09, 11:57 pm
Mcfly; youngin...bodybuilder, first place first show, sets power lifting record first time out of the gate...hmmmm made for both worlds, trained by one of the best in the biz. Machine, older guy close to my age, does it old school -- heavy lifter, big eater, never takes short cuts, always a threat in any contest, never talking about how good he is, just proves it silently with his workouts...

BOTH great guys and consider both good friends of mine- !!!

Wishing them both the best in The Cage..

Going to go down to the wire!

prafull
01-10-09, 7:14 am
Really Looking Forward To This... We Need The Vids N Pics For This Bloody Battle...lmao

McFly
01-11-09, 9:34 am
Really Looking Forward To This... We Need The Vids N Pics For This Bloody Battle...lmao

I can't wait....every meal every workout I think about it!

jer
01-11-09, 9:48 am
Nice lift McFly. That was smooth.

Are you guys gonna be similar in weight?

McFly
01-11-09, 10:19 am
Nice lift McFly. That was smooth.

Are you guys gonna be similar in weight?

hahaha I think Machine I like 100 pounds heavier then me!!!!

Pizzalamp
01-11-09, 10:20 am
mcfly ftw

machine ftw

prafull
01-11-09, 12:32 pm
I can't wait....every meal every workout I think about it!

i'm counting on u bro...U R ONE OF MY INSPIRATIONS FROM THE YOUNGER GENERATION.
WHO WINS OR LOSES DON'T MATTER..JUST WANNA SEE U PUT UP UR BEST AGAINST MY MAN MACHINE.

McFly
01-11-09, 5:00 pm
i'm counting on u bro...U R ONE OF MY INSPIRATIONS FROM THE YOUNGER GENERATION.
WHO WINS OR LOSES DON'T MATTER..JUST WANNA SEE U PUT UP UR BEST AGAINST MY MAN MACHINE.

thank you prafull, I'm glad I can be an inspiration....I'm just out having fun and giving it my all.

that's all I can do in put up my best...and see where the cards fall

Sgt Rock
01-11-09, 6:37 pm
McFLy, your dl has many flaws in technique if you want me to keep it real, you could be even better. Ensure you stop by to see me and I will help you if you want it. You have great potential. You are working way to hard bro, your lifts could be easier. See you in the Cage.

Semper Fi

B Con
01-11-09, 6:45 pm
Can't wait to see this. Do it big McFly. Can't wait to see this unfold.

McFly
01-12-09, 7:19 am
McFLy, your dl has many flaws in technique if you want me to keep it real, you could be even better. Ensure you stop by to see me and I will help you if you want it. You have great potential. You are working way to hard bro, your lifts could be easier. See you in the Cage.

Semper Fi

thanks rock, I'd love to get some tips from you. We are working on bettering my technique now, hopefully by the cage it'll be a little more efficient. Can't wait to get some advice from you and pick your brain.

Machine
01-15-09, 7:57 pm
I am deeply honored, and certainly humbled by all of your kind thoughts and words. I have nothing but the utmost respect for all my iron brothers. We are couzins, we are twisted kin folk, and we are a force in our own right. I am looking forward to seeing all of you...but as far as pickin'em and puttin'em down...it aint no difference where I'm at...from the gym down the road...to Bev's Powerhouse Gym...to my basement with the 7 foot ceilings and the puke can in the corner...or some shithole in a backwater swamp...its just another day at the office for me killas. Its always a blast to rip some steel of the deck...but this will be a true lifelong memory. Thanks boyz, and see you at the spot...

MACHINE

McFly
01-16-09, 7:45 am
this will be a true lifelong memory.

no doubt!

it'll be a pleasure to meet you and do this thing we call work!

McFly
01-17-09, 3:15 pm
wednesday.....going to pull a little weight....can't wait!!

Achilles
01-22-09, 8:03 pm
This could be tough, Machine said and I quote "I am the fine line that separates determination from insanity" .. this could be a case of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object

McFly
02-02-09, 11:28 am
things are a changin'.....I'll have to retract the "working up to a one-rep max, last man standing" statement.....

naturalguy
02-02-09, 11:31 am
things are a changin'.....I'll have to retract the "working up to a one-rep max, last man standing" statement.....

Yup, looks like this contest will be heavy weight for reps, not a single

prafull
02-03-09, 8:00 am
I am deeply honored, and certainly humbled by all of your kind thoughts and words. I have nothing but the utmost respect for all my iron brothers. We are couzins, we are twisted kin folk, and we are a force in our own right. I am looking forward to seeing all of you...but as far as pickin'em and puttin'em down...it aint no difference where I'm at...from the gym down the road...to Bev's Powerhouse Gym...to my basement with the 7 foot ceilings and the puke can in the corner...or some shithole in a backwater swamp...its just another day at the office for me killas. Its always a blast to rip some steel of the deck...but this will be a true lifelong memory. Thanks boyz, and see you at the spot...

MACHINE
I CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF YOU SIR.

mritter3
02-03-09, 8:49 am
this right here is going to be badass, on one hand you got the youngin with a ton of potential and on the other is machine, a veteran, been there and done that. should be a great battle. Im not picking sides, i just want to see two great competitors put on an amazing performance. good luck to you both.

Rage
02-04-09, 6:46 pm
Yup, looks like this contest will be heavy weight for reps, not a single

This thread is not getting the attention it deserves...this is a huge event...two fucking monsters pulling dead weight off the fucking floor for reps...my back is startin to hurt just thinking about it..

NG whats the weight bro?

Dingo
02-04-09, 6:54 pm
This thread is not getting the attention it deserves...this is a huge event...two fucking monsters pulling dead weight off the fucking floor for reps...my back is startin to hurt just thinking about it..

NG whats the weight bro?

i think the thread sitting here, quietly brewing is pretty darn close to what the 2 monsters competing are doing. its huge and desnt need the hype... to quote one of my fav movies... hype is something that's not real... me i'm all real.

This is all real. No hyper needed.
my .02$

Rage
02-04-09, 6:58 pm
i think the thread sitting here, quietly brewing is pretty darn close to what the 2 monsters competing are doing. its huge and desnt need the hype... to quote one of my fav movies... hype is something that's not real... me i'm all real.

This is all real. No hyper needed.
my .02$

Thats certainly one way of looking at it...I have a lot of respect for both these guys and I'm sure your right...there are a lot of things brewing behind the scenes...but good events deserve some plugs...

McFly
02-04-09, 10:45 pm
you know I'm on my grind.

Rage
02-05-09, 9:07 am
you know I'm on my grind.

I bet! What are your best lifts McFly? I heard they were very impressive.

McFly
02-05-09, 9:12 am
I bet! What are your best lifts McFly? I heard they were very impressive.

I pulled 625 raw in an IPA meet 6 weeks after my show. Last night pulled a 945 pound partial dead. Not really impressive in the BIG picture but I can usually hang!

Rage
02-05-09, 9:14 am
I pulled 625 raw in an IPA meet 6 weeks after my show. Last night pulled a 945 pound partial dead. Not really impressive in the BIG picture but I can usually hang!

Holy shit bro! Way more than I'll ever get..thats for sure. Have you changed up your training strategy at all for this event specifically? Do you know what weight your pulling for reps in The Cage?

naturalguy
02-05-09, 9:23 am
NG whats the weight bro?

How about 4 pies for as many reps as they can get? Can ya handle that Mcfly??????

Rage
02-05-09, 9:25 am
How about 4 pies for as many reps as they can get? Can ya handle that Mcfly??????

Oh shit!

McFly
Holy shit bro! Way more than I'll ever get..thats for sure. Have you changed up your training strategy at all for this event specifically? Do you know what weight your pulling for reps in The Cage?

I always train heavy. I just found out we were doing reps about as soon as this thread mentioned it so no "rep training" yet, and I have yet to hear what weight we are pulling....it's all good though. I'll be ready.

McFly

I'm game!

Rage
02-05-09, 9:30 am
NG...what equipment..belt..straps..suit?

McFly
02-05-09, 9:33 am
NG...what equipment..belt..straps..suit?

no suit.

I'm cool with belt, straps....

naturalguy
02-05-09, 9:39 am
no suit.

I'm cool with belt, straps....

That should work

McFly
02-05-09, 9:41 am
looks like next week I may have to test the waters.....

Rage
02-05-09, 10:07 am
looks like next week I may have to test the waters.....

This is going to be great bro...I think we're going to need a fire extinguisher to put the backs out....

McFly
02-05-09, 10:12 am
This is going to be great bro...I think we're going to need a fire extinguisher to put the backs out....

I can deal with that...I might just need some oxygen afterwards! I have a number in mind...we'll see if i hit it next week.

Rage
02-05-09, 10:19 am
I can deal with that...I might just need some oxygen afterwards! I have a number in mind...we'll see if i hit it next week.

...hit it and keep pullin brother..

McFly
02-05-09, 10:29 am
...hit it and keep pullin brother..

HAHA that's the plan. there are a couple of us that like to deadlift @ my gym so everyone will be fired up to pull next week. I'll have to line up my massage therapist to meet me right afterwards!

Big C
02-05-09, 10:54 am
Man this is gonna be good. We know these two big boys are doing big things behind the scenes...should be a tight competition. I can't pick a winner here.

J-Dawg
02-05-09, 10:59 am
So 405 for reps? That's good shit right there.

Rage
02-05-09, 11:12 am
HAHA that's the plan. there are a couple of us that like to deadlift @ my gym so everyone will be fired up to pull next week. I'll have to line up my massage therapist to meet me right afterwards!

That sounds like a good plan bro..you going to vid any of this?

Are there any Machine vids out?

McFly
02-05-09, 11:14 am
That sounds like a good plan bro..you going to vid any of this?

Are there any Machine vids out?

that's always an option....just gotta remember to take the camera out of my bag...

sifusteve
02-05-09, 1:25 pm

I have to see this one also! 4 pies for reps at any movement is big...real big!

Rage
02-05-09, 1:37 pm
that's always an option....just gotta remember to take the camera out of my bag...

Bro..you've got to do it..put that one up for sure..

sifusteve
02-05-09, 1:41 pm

X2...the vids motivate the H*LL out of me!

McFly
02-05-09, 2:08 pm

X2...the vids motivate the H*LL out of me!

I'll see what I can do.... :)

LittleMan55
02-05-09, 2:18 pm
Belts and starps should be all these two warriors need to push each other to the edge of extinction... Hell yeah I can't wait for the madness.

Rage
02-05-09, 2:24 pm
Belts and starps should be all these two warriors need to push each other to the edge of extinction... Hell yeah I can't wait for the madness.

Me too bro...the crowd isn't going to know what hit them..hopefully not a plate..

LittleMan55
02-05-09, 2:34 pm
Me too bro...the crowd isn't going to know what hit them..hopefully not a plate..

I pray a plate hits no one. I'm sure that... Ok enough me being a nerdy law student.

To get the thread back on track a little and give an idea of how wild this will be. I remember at the National ABC last year as we were gathering for the goup picture Machine was finishing up his back day with deads. He had 4 pies on there. After the picture he looked at everyone where his set up was and calmly/politely asked "can you guys move I need to pick this up a few times". He then proceeded to do a ridiculous amount of reps, remember at the end of his work out, then collapse against a bench. I thought he was going to pass out!

My prediction is that when these two get after it that place will do one of two options: 1) stand in silent awe at the madness or 2) errupt into a mob like frenzy from the intensity.

B Con
02-05-09, 2:36 pm
I pray a plate hits no one. I'm sure that... Ok enough me being a nerdy law student.

To get the thread back on track a little and give an idea of how wild this will be. I remember at the National ABC last year as we were gathering for the goup picture Machine was finishing up his back day with deads. He had 4 pies on there. After the picture he looked at everyone where his set up was and calmly/politely asked "can you guys move I need to pick this up a few times". He then proceeded to do a ridiculous amount of reps, remember at the end of his work out, then collapse against a bench. I thought he was going to pass out!

My prediction is that when these two get after it that place will do one of two options: 1) stand in silent awe at the madness or 2) errupt into a mob like frenzy from the intensity.

Haha I remember that... I thought he was BOR it though...

LittleMan55
02-05-09, 2:39 pm
Haha I remember that... I thought he was BOR it though...

That was earlier in the work out... It made the gym stop and light up with flash bulbs like Bonds swinging a bat the year he broke the record.

Rage
02-05-09, 3:42 pm

Very well put brother..we are going to find out soon..

sifusteve
02-05-09, 10:04 pm
Very well put brother..we are going to find out soon..

Four weeks...That's it...just four weeks....and the Crowd goes wild!!!

Rage
02-06-09, 9:18 am
Four weeks...That's it...just four weeks....and the Crowd goes wild!!!

...and someone better be videoing this one..

LittleMan55
02-06-09, 9:27 am
...and someone better be videoing this one..

I will have my DVD cam on hand all weekend for these. Thing is I dont know what day I'm doing the Intern promo I won on here. So I might be working when these are going down. Then again I'm sure if it's going up on Animal's youtube page they wouldnt mind me shooting some vids.

McFly
02-08-09, 6:07 pm
so 405 for reps....Me vs Machine....I've been hearing all sorts of stories about machine as of late. It'll be an honor to bang head to head with him.

McFly
02-10-09, 9:33 am
TOMORROW....I'll be testing the waters so to speak....405 for reps...should be fun...I'm used to working up to heavier triples, doubles and singles so the reps should be a nice challenge.

I'll post up if I lived thru it....as for the details...I'll leave that for the cage....

Rage
02-10-09, 9:35 am
TOMORROW....I'll be testing the waters so to speak....405 for reps...should be fun...I'm used to working up to heavier triples, doubles and singles so the reps should be a nice challenge.

I'll post up if I lived thru it....as for the details...I'll leave that for the cage....

Nice bro...good luck..

LittleMan55
02-10-09, 9:38 am

I will be sure to check back to see if you made it out alive... Pull like hell Andy!

McFly
02-10-09, 9:41 am
I will be sure to check back to see if you made it out alive... Pull like hell Andy!

That is the plan. I will pull until I can't pull anymore....it may be a while.... i don't plan on letting 405 get heavy.

LittleMan55
02-10-09, 9:49 am
That is the plan. I will pull until I can't pull anymore....it may be a while.... i don't plan on letting 405 get heavy.

HELL YEAH!

Rage
02-10-09, 10:00 am

Thats the attitude of a champion!

Hoomgar
02-11-09, 3:42 pm
Getting crazy in here. After this event is over, who is buying the steaks?

Hg

Rage
02-11-09, 3:59 pm
Getting crazy in here. After this event is over, who is buying the steaks?

Hg

I thought you were brother...

Hoomgar
02-11-09, 4:04 pm
I thought you were brother...

It would be an honor to do so bro. The issue being that I'm not going to be there. Ha ha!

Hg

Iceiktitan
02-11-09, 4:58 pm
Overnight Express them?

It would be an honor to do so bro. The issue being that I'm not going to be there. Ha ha!

Hg

Hoomgar
02-11-09, 5:04 pm
Overnight Express them?

Ha ha! Steaks are a meal best served fresh. Maybe meal tickets? LOL!

Hg

Iceiktitan
02-11-09, 5:57 pm
Just send them a cow and see who wins.

Ha ha! Steaks are a meal best served fresh. Maybe meal tickets? LOL!

Hg

Rage
02-11-09, 7:44 pm
I wonder how McFly's training went today? I bet he fucking killed it!

McFly
02-11-09, 11:04 pm
I wonder how McFly's training went today? I bet he fucking killed it!

shhhewwww, talk about a low back pump....WTF

Machine, this shit is going to be crazy!

Ragin Asian
02-12-09, 12:44 pm
We'll have our camcorder ready to capture this awesome event!

McFly
02-12-09, 1:11 pm
We'll have our camcorder ready to capture this awesome event!

YOU MEAN insanity....seriously google 405 deadlift for reps....normal people don't do that shit! LOL ahahahahaha love it!!!

Rage
02-12-09, 1:46 pm
YOU MEAN insanity....seriously google 405 deadlift for reps....normal people don't do that shit! LOL ahahahahaha love it!!!

I have to admit..I have never seem anything like this...very unique and between two great athletes...so far we've got pecs, bi's, quads and this back fire to put out in The Cage...Keep setting that bar higher brother..

McFly
02-12-09, 2:47 pm
I have to admit..I have never seem anything like this...very unique and between two great athletes...so far we've got pecs, bi's, quads and this back fire to put out in The Cage...Keep setting that bar higher brother..

off to my massage therapist tonight...my back with thank me!

sifusteve
02-13-09, 12:24 pm

Normal...whats that?
I don't know If I have read a "normal" journey/thread yet! LOL

Enforcer
02-15-09, 10:03 pm
McFly vs. Machine- two sick Freaks battling it out but in the end I'm gonna have to go with....Machine

Gambit
02-15-09, 10:05 pm
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be feeling the ground quake all the way in Toledo when this goes down. Two bad hombres going at it.

McFly
02-16-09, 10:01 am
2 weeks to go....probably give it another run with 405 this week.....

J-Dawg
02-16-09, 10:10 am
I can't imagine how many reps these sick dudes are gonna pull w/ 405.

McFly
02-16-09, 10:12 am
I can't imagine how many reps these sick dudes are gonna pull w/ 405.

lol I i might pull 2 or 3....

J-Dawg
02-16-09, 10:16 am
lol I i might pull 2 or 3....

Haha, I know you got way more than that in you. I'm expecting some good double digit numbers for both!

McFly
02-16-09, 11:41 am
Haha, I know you got way more than that in you. I'm expecting some good double digit numbers for both!

hmm I guess I'll pull a few more then! shhhewwww

JUGGERNAUT
02-16-09, 11:48 am
I'm going to enjoy this battle.

Sgt Rock
02-16-09, 8:56 pm
Are these going to be deadstop reps? Best way to judge so there is no controversy is to keep it real and do DEADSTOP reps, then there will be NO question as to the winner. That is what we are after really, a concrete way of deciding a winner, only way to do so is to do the DL the way it was intended, DEADSTOP. I am looking forward to helping you guys out in any way that I can.

Semper Fi

McFly
02-16-09, 9:05 pm
Are these going to be deadstop reps? Best way to judge so there is no controversy is to keep it real and do DEADSTOP reps, then there will be NO question as to the winner. That is what we are after really, a concrete way of deciding a winner, only way to do so is to do the DL the way it was intended, DEADSTOP. I am looking forward to helping you guys out in any way that I can.

Semper Fi

good question rock.....

McFly
02-17-09, 7:53 am
thinking......

now I have no idea what Machine wants to do....as of a few weeks ago I thought we were working up to a max effort lift so what do I know LOL

BUT...the sqaut for reps and bench for reps do not have strict pause, lockouts for each rep so I'm not sure if our deads are going to need that...however i don't think there's much you can take out of the deadlift....the weights gotta go down and you gotta stand back up with it....

perhaps machine will chime in.....

Sgt Rock
02-17-09, 8:06 am
thinking......

now I have no idea what Machine wants to do....as of a few weeks ago I thought we were working up to a max effort lift so what do I know LOL

BUT...the sqaut for reps and bench for reps do not have strict pause, lockouts for each rep so I'm not sure if our deads are going to need that...however i don't think there's much you can take out of the deadlift....the weights gotta go down and you gotta stand back up with it....

HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM BRO! The DL has NO downward movement so to speak, you start from a DEADSTOP, not so in the squat or bench. Forgive my perfection when it comes to the DL but after twenty years on the platform I can tell ya how the best DLers train, and its DEADSTOP. Reason being is this, in a contest there is no BOUNCE, its from a deadstop, practice like you compete so to speak. However you guys do it is your call, but keep in mind there is a HUGE difference in degrees of bouncing versus touching etc, the ONLY way to make it MEASURABLE is to do deadstop reps, so if you want a contest which is what is happening apparently, you need to deadstop the reps, it is that simple. As for asking if you can "take anything out of the dl, you still gotta do down and up" MANY people can touch and go triple or double their best deadstop single. I have seen guys that could barely deadstop triple a weight go for seven plus reps without the deadstop. Just food for thought. When it comes to deadlifting in my opinion it should be kept old school, no straps, deadstop reps, THAT is the way to make it a fair contest with a definitive winner, period. I am sure you guys will have a great showdown regardless of the method, and I offer you guys my support.

Semper Fi

McFly
02-17-09, 8:18 am
HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM BRO! The DL has NO downward movement so to speak, you start from a DEADSTOP, not so in the squat or bench. Forgive my perfection when it comes to the DL but after twenty years on the platform I can tell ya how the best DLers train, and its DEADSTOP. Reason being is this, in a contest there is no BOUNCE, its from a deadstop, practice like you compete so to speak. However you guys do it is your call, but keep in mind there is a HUGE difference in degrees of bouncing versus touching etc, the ONLY way to make it MEASURABLE is to do deadstop reps, so if you want a contest which is what is happening apparently, you need to deadstop the reps, it is that simple. As for asking if you can "take anything out of the dl, you still gotta do down and up" MANY people can touch and go triple or double their best deadstop single. I have seen guys that could barely deadstop triple a weight go for seven plus reps without the deadstop. Just food for thought. When it comes to deadlifting in my opinion it should be kept old school, no straps, deadstop reps, THAT is the way to make it a fair contest with a definitive winner, period. I am sure you guys will have a great showdown regardless of the method, and I offer you guys my support.

Semper Fi

I hear ya rock. That's how we train.

I'm just basing it off the standards of the other events and not knowing what Machine is thinking. I'm ready to leave it all in the Cage REGARDLESS...then pick your brain and consume as much of the knowledge your 20 years in the game has blessed you with.

Rage
02-17-09, 9:29 am
thinking......

Sooner or later Vinny is going to chime in here...just like the other events...it's for fun..you guys are both champs..keep it light..

405 for reps..

McFly
02-17-09, 9:44 am
Sooner or later Vinny is going to chime in here...just like the other events...it's for fun..you guys are both champs..keep it light..

405 for reps..

yeah man....it's all for fun....I'm just exicted to be there

Vinny G
02-17-09, 9:46 am
yeah man....it's all for fun....I'm just exicted to be there

i'm minding my own business...lol

Rage
02-17-09, 9:54 am

LOL..I new you would at least chime in..

McFly
02-17-09, 10:04 am

hmmm sounds like trouble is brewing.....lol

G Diesel
02-17-09, 10:17 am
Can we not ruin this too? 405 til ya can't do anymore. Honest reps. Two strong brothers going all out for the love of the game. I for one, can't wait to see it. Peace, G

Rage
02-17-09, 10:20 am
Can we not ruin this too? 405 til ya can't do anymore. Honest reps. Two strong brothers going all out for the love of the game. I for one, can't wait to see it. Peace, G

G..whats your opinion on an honest rep?..I think thats what they are working out..

McFly
02-17-09, 10:24 am

i feel ya G....pick that shit up, put it down and pick it up again....lol

G Diesel
02-17-09, 10:45 am
G..whats your opinion on an honest rep?..I think thats what they are working out..

Like obscenity, I know it when I see it. Haha...

For the purposes of these events, a squat is a squat to parallel like as if you were sitting in a chair. You're not gonna pause at the bottom or sit in the bucket but keep a good rep speed going. On the bench, you are gonna rep out like they do at the NFL combine, giving like an inch at the bottom and not fully locking out at the top, but a legit range of motion. On the deads, I think straps and a belt should be legal and you keep the reps going without literally bouncing them at the bottom, touch and go. These are real gym reps, not powerlfiting federation green light reps.

Peace, G

McFly
02-17-09, 10:47 am

For the purposes of these events, a squat is a squat to parallel like as if you were sitting in a chair. You're not gonna pause at the bottom or sit in the bucket but keep a good rep speed going. On the bench, you are gonna rep out like they do at the NFL combine, giving like an inch at the bottom and not fully locking out at the top, but a legit range of motion. On the deads, I think straps and a belt should be legal and you keep the reps going without literally bouncing them at the bottom, touch and go. These are real gym reps, not powerlfiting federation green light reps.

Peace, G

nuff said.

thanks G

Rage
02-17-09, 11:32 am
...and there you have it..good thing I sit on a throne LOL..

Hoomgar
02-17-09, 11:59 am
G, always bringing the level head into things. Thanks bro.

Where is Machine? It would be super cool to hear from him in here.

Just askin, don't bite my head off, I bite back ;) Ha ha!

Hg

naturalguy
02-17-09, 1:30 pm
G, always bringing the level head into things. Thanks bro.

Where is Machine? It would be super cool to hear from him in here.

Just askin, don't bite my head off, I bite back ;) Ha ha!

Hg

He is busy deadlifting....................................... ...........

Big Al
02-17-09, 1:40 pm
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/korkusuzilsad/sumolift.jpg

Vinny G
02-17-09, 2:14 pm

Peace

let them deadlift.....this is not a competition , there will be no controversial talk...its all for fun

Sgt Rock
02-17-09, 7:51 pm
I hear ya rock. That's how we train.

I'm just basing it off the standards of the other events and not knowing what Machine is thinking. I'm ready to leave it all in the Cage REGARDLESS...then pick your brain and consume as much of the knowledge your 20 years in the game has blessed you with.

I had a few pms as to what I thought about the events and how they were set up so I decided to give my opinion. When it comes to deadlifting it is something I take very seriously. There is only ONE right way to do it, not more than one.

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
02-17-09, 11:46 pm
On a different note, I am AMPED up to see how many reps these guys can do. I bet that on pure adrenaline alone each man will pull an extra 3 reps! The Cage and the deadlift go hand in hand. I hope that these guys go before me to set up the crowd for even MORE deadlifting, but it sure will be a tough act to follow! A few short weeks the rubber hits the road. I am stoked about all the pros vs joes contests, but this one is near and dear to my heart.

Semper Fi

Ragin Asian
02-18-09, 11:12 pm
On a different note, I am AMPED up to see how many reps these guys can do. I bet that on pure adrenaline alone each man will pull an extra 3 reps! The Cage and the deadlift go hand in hand. I hope that these guys go before me to set up the crowd for even MORE deadlifting, but it sure will be a tough act to follow! A few short weeks the rubber hits the road. I am stoked about all the pros vs joes contests, but this one is near and dear to my heart.

Semper Fi

I am anxious to see all of you ripping s**t up from the floor and moving some major weight!

It is sad though, isn't it? The deadlift is one movement that has never received its fair share of respect and acknowledgement throughout the ages. Personally, I think if not THE best way to measure strength when done correctly, it is definitely one of the best and highly underrated and underestimated. It is also a movement that demands much respect due to form and technique alone.

Bobby and I can't wait!! Stay healthy and strong everyone!!! We'll be seeing you all out there soon!

Ragin Asian
02-18-09, 11:15 pm
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj216/korkusuzilsad/sumolift.jpg

That spooked me there for a moment. LOL!!! I kept thinking to myself, I wonder how many weeks of cutting and cardio did that individual have to put in to get those striations to come out!? teeeeheee

McFly
02-19-09, 9:24 am
ahhhh much happier with my deadlifts last night...well, if laying on the gym floor afterwards in a pool of ones own sweat and bloody shins is pleasure.....it is to me!

see everyone in the cage!!!!

Big C
02-19-09, 9:40 am
I am really looking forward to this.....405 is some absolutely crazy weight for reps on deadlifts. I know Ronnie used to bang out 20-25 reps with this weight at the end of some of his back workouts and that made me cringe.

I think the winner will have no more than 2-3 reps more than the other man. I know both warriors are putting max effort into their training to prepare for this. I'm ready to witness this epic showdown brothers!

Hola Bola
02-19-09, 10:26 am

Peace, G

Good stuff right there.

One thing though... you forgot to include curl form, lol...

Rage
02-19-09, 10:29 am
ahhhh much happier with my deadlifts last night...well, if laying on the gym floor afterwards in a pool of ones own sweat and bloody shins is pleasure.....it is to me!

see everyone in the cage!!!!

Nice bro...get after it...really looking forward to this..

G Diesel
02-19-09, 10:31 am
Good stuff right there.

One thing though... you forgot to include curl form, lol...

No bending over backwards and no quivering to near convulsion... When you're done, you're done. I figured you guys knew that. Haha.

Peace, G

McFly
02-19-09, 10:37 am
Nice bro...get after it...really looking forward to this..

Me too...last night was great....had a nice controlled pace, kept my breathing under control and form was a little more efficient compared to last week....

Hoomgar
02-19-09, 11:43 am
Me too...last night was great....had a nice controlled pace, kept my breathing under control and form was a little more efficient compared to last week....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7GNoHHqoM&feature=PlayList&p=AB2D77A122F147DD&index=11

Rage
02-25-09, 10:26 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7GNoHHqoM&feature=PlayList&p=AB2D77A122F147DD&index=11

LOL..something like that McFly? Get shit Hoomgar. So you working Deads again today McFly? I bet shits brewing behind the scenes over here..

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 10:32 am

Hg coming up with classic material yet again.

McFly
02-25-09, 10:47 am
LOL..something like that McFly? Get shit Hoomgar. So you working Deads again today McFly? I bet shits brewing behind the scenes over here..

Hg coming up with classic material yet again.

HG comin thru as always !!

I'm training back tonight...somewhat moderate in regards to weight, if anyone reads my journey I tweaked my back sunday and WILL be 100% come the cage as long as I do what I should to get things back in line. I'm actually feeling close to 100% recovered right now but I KNOW another day or two of "smart training" will ensure a full recovery.

maybe 405 for an easy 10 just to feel my rhythm once again before I square off against the freak we know as Machine.

Rage
02-25-09, 10:59 am
HG comin thru as always !!

I'm training back tonight...somewhat moderate in regards to weight, if anyone reads my journey I tweaked my back sunday and WILL be 100% come the cage as long as I do what I should to get things back in line. I'm actually feeling close to 100% recovered right now but I KNOW another day or two of "smart training" will ensure a full recovery.

maybe 405 for an easy 10 just to feel my rhythm once again before I square off against the freak we know as Machine.

Smart approach IMO..stay healthy bro..I know even my knees have been giving me more grief since I've amped up the training, so I'm looking forward to the break..

Easy 10...shit my face would be all shades of red trying to get 5 with 405..

McFly
02-25-09, 11:02 am
Smart approach IMO..stay healthy bro..I know even my knees have been giving me more grief since I've amped up the training, so I'm looking forward to the break..

Easy 10...shit my face would be all shades of red trying to get 5 with 405..

haha as would mine if i had to squat.....

BigAnt
02-25-09, 10:40 pm
Hope it feels much better from your leg day...

McFly
02-26-09, 1:14 pm
Hope it feels much better from your leg day...

yeah man I'm damn near 100%...i knew a few days of taking care of it and being smart was all i needed....

Rage
02-26-09, 2:00 pm
yeah man I'm damn near 100%...i knew a few days of taking care of it and being smart was all i needed....

Whew! We need you strong and healthy brother..

McFly
02-26-09, 2:28 pm
Whew! We need you strong and healthy brother..

expect no less.....I'll be there with my A game.

BigAnt
03-01-09, 7:09 pm
Machine..one of the Original Animals...A great guy, family man, has time out of his busy schedule for anybody..Mcfly taught and trained by one of the best, I am very fortunate to say we trained trained together in the past and look forward to more training time in the future...

Mcfly gets my vote!

Both will pull until nothing is left!

Wishing them both the best of luck!

03-01-09, 7:29 pm
Gotta say I'm routing for my boy McFly! He's gave me some great tips and advice, is a true competitor and I've banged weight with him before....The "Kid" is NO fuckin' joke son! I'm routin' for ya brotha!! Peace.

Phil

McFly
03-01-09, 7:55 pm
Machine..one of the Original Animals...A great guy, family man, has time out of his busy schedule for anybody..Mcfly taught and trained by one of the best, I am very fortunate to say we trained trained together in the past and look forward to more training time in the future...

Mcfly gets my vote!

Both will pull until nothing is left!

Wishing them both the best of luck!

Gotta say I'm routing for my boy McFly! He's gave me some great tips and advice, is a true competitor and I've banged weight with him before....The "Kid" is NO fuckin' joke son! I'm routin' for ya brotha!! Peace.

Phil

ahh there are my boys!!! thanks brothers....I'll be giving it my all....ANT you might have to wheel me to the airport afterwards....I'm laying it all on the line!

BigAnt
03-02-09, 12:56 am
ahh there are my boys!!! thanks brothers....I'll be giving it my all....ANT you might have to wheel me to the airport afterwards....I'm laying it all on the line!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wides and Big Al WILL have to help me carry your big muscular butt! LOL

I know you will give it your all--JUST LIKE YOU DO EVERY DAY AT THE TRAINING CTR!

Hoomgar
03-09-09, 4:20 pm
*cricket* *cricket*

So when do we get to find out what went down?

McFly
03-09-09, 5:01 pm
machine couldn't make it so Bobby Fields stepped up whom two days ago benched 800 for a double....sunday came ......@ 1:30 ....Jugg and Wides threw down then bobby and I began to warm up....he banged out 12 reps with 405, pulling sumo and I mustered out 18 reps pulling conventional....then two people from the crowd said they could top that....the one kid i think matched what I did....however he was a world class powerlifter @ 165 pounds....a total freak of nature....much props to him! the second kid gave it his all and that all that mattered...then Sgt. Rock came in and pulled 10 sumo, then banged out even more conventional...all a day after his big deadlift

I wanted more then the 18 but that's all I had in me....

Hoomgar
03-09-09, 5:05 pm
machine couldn't make it so Bobby Fields stepped up whom two days ago benched 800 for a double....sunday came ......@ 1:30 ....Jugg and Wides threw down then bobby and I began to warm up....he banged out 12 reps with 405, pulling sumo and I mustered out 18 reps pulling conventional....then two people from the crowd said they could top that....the one kid i think matched what I did....however he was a world class powerlifter @ 165 pounds....a total freak of nature....much props to him! the second kid gave it his all and that all that mattered...then Sgt. Rock came in and pulled 10 sumo, then banged out even more conventional...all a day after his big deadlift

Thanks bro. I've honestly been waiting all day for that. Thanks.

Sgt Rock
03-09-09, 7:09 pm
McFLy you let it all loose bro, good job! Only reason I stepped in was to show that the Cage is OUR house and that is why I one upped the Englishman. YOu put on a great show bro!

Semper Fi

Rage
03-09-09, 7:39 pm
Great job McFly...you had a very impressive performance bro...where's the vid of this? We need to get that up in here..

McFly
03-09-09, 8:11 pm
thanks Rock and Rage.....I was beat going into the event but knowing you guys laid it on the line the day before I was going to do nothing but lay it all on the line and give it my all....

big thanks to Bobby Fields for stepping up after tearing both hamstrings clear off the bone and not pulling for something like over a year. Bobby's bench is something everyone was talking about all weekend....Bobby's got game....I feel bad for those in his path in 2009 2010

Big Al
03-09-09, 11:33 pm
People dont think about how tired we are from flying and not eating right for a few days.we're just out of wack but we pull it together and do what we do.

Little Z
03-09-09, 11:44 pm

bro it was great meeting you finally and talking with you for a bit. and seein you bust out those reps was amazing..

Little Z
03-09-09, 11:44 pm
People dont think about how tired we are from flying and not eating right for a few days.we're just out of wack but we pull it together and do what we do.

dont bullshit the people Al.. they all know you went back to the stock room to sleep every chance you got! hahahaha

it was seriously an honor meeting you this weekend as well bro..

Ragin Asian
03-10-09, 5:29 am
You did a phenomenal job out there McFly!!! I have to apologize for distracting you and reaching for your straps. I'm so used to jumping in for safety so that in case you get lightheaded, you wouldn't still be strapped to the bar and fall forward. We've had that happen to athletes so often, it was habit. I didn't realize you were still going and I'm sorry, but you probably would have been able to bang out a few more if I hadn't jumped in like that. I tell you what though, you sure did light a fire under Bobby's ass!!! He vows to train and hit 30 next time. LOL!!!! I have a feeling both of you will be pulling more next year in case that kid shows up again. LMAO!! Congrats again McFly for putting on a great performance! We're very proud of you!!!

naturalguy
03-10-09, 8:27 am
Big props to McFly. He is strong and has the heart of a lion.

It was awesome that Bobby stepped up, it's no small feat to volunteer to deadlift after a heavy bench.

McFly
03-10-09, 8:31 am

haha....man I didn't want the weekend to end but I was TIRED. I pretty much slept all day yesterday.....

bro it was great meeting you finally and talking with you for a bit. and seein you bust out those reps was amazing..

Ain't nothing little about little Z.....it was great meeting you....its back to the grind bro....bigger and better things to come for next year

You did a phenomenal job out there McFly!!! I have to apologize for distracting you and reaching for your straps. I'm so used to jumping in for safety so that in case you get lightheaded, you wouldn't still be strapped to the bar and fall forward. We've had that happen to athletes so often, it was habit. I didn't realize you were still going and I'm sorry, but you probably would have been able to bang out a few more if I hadn't jumped in like that. I tell you what though, you sure did light a fire under Bobby's ass!!! He vows to train and hit 30 next time. LOL!!!! I have a feeling both of you will be pulling more next year in case that kid shows up again. LMAO!! Congrats again McFly for putting on a great performance! We're very proud of you!!!

thank you so much for all your support, you and bobby are great people...people I'm glad to call friends. Bobby's bench session was beyond sick! People were talking about it in the airport on the way home sunday and all weekend...I can't wait for the video to make it on here.

McFly
03-10-09, 8:35 am
Big props to McFly. He is strong and has the heart of a lion.

It was awesome that Bobby stepped up, it's no small feat to volunteer to deadlift after a heavy bench.

thanks NG, I wasn't exactly happy with what I pulled but it was everything I had in left in the tank. some high reps will be thrown into my training from here on out, there are now certain numbers I want and I will get them.

Rage
03-10-09, 10:22 am
Anyone have an update on Machine? We need to rally around this guy and show him some support..whatever happened to him..it didn't sound good. And you guys know he wouldn't just miss The Cage, his seminar, his performance over even a pulled hamstring...something major is wrong and we need help get this Animal back up to speed..

Maybe someone thats close to him and knows whats up can give us an update...NG..Michelle?

jaykay22
03-10-09, 6:36 pm
I definitely agree with RagingMuscle. Unfortunately, I wasn't at the Cage, but I was waiting for the result of McFly's & Machine's DL challenge and signing in to read the update that the man wasn't even there left me surprised, since he's the type of person who WOULD try to keep his promises and pull shit off the floor even with both arms broken.
Does anybody know what happened to him/how he's doing?

Big Wides
03-10-09, 7:16 pm
I know the whole time out there McFly was looking forward to this. It was a big topic of disucussion when we trained on Friday. Congrats bro on setting that bar high and kicking ass in C-bus

B Con
03-10-09, 10:10 pm
Keep doing your thing McFly... motivation and impressive.

Phil800101
03-11-09, 3:56 am
Anyone have an update on Machine? We need to rally around this guy and show him some support..whatever happened to him..it didn't sound good. And you guys know he wouldn't just miss The Cage, his seminar, his performance over even a pulled hamstring...something major is wrong and we need help get this Animal back up to speed..

Maybe someone thats close to him and knows whats up can give us an update...NG..Michelle?

Definitely. Hopefully we will find out soon.

McFly
03-11-09, 8:06 am
I know the whole time out there McFly was looking forward to this. It was a big topic of disucussion when we trained on Friday. Congrats bro on setting that bar high and kicking ass in C-bus

yeah, I was pretty bummed out machine couldn't make it...not to take anything away from Bobby but I was looking forward to meeting machine and banging some weight with him.

Brutus_515
03-11-09, 9:12 am
yeah, I was pretty bummed out machine couldn't make it...not to take anything away from Bobby but I was looking forward to meeting machine and banging some weight with him.

you scared him away!!! haha just kidding hope all is well with machine and props to bobby we were talking afterward about his previous injuries the dudes a warrior.

Phil800101
03-14-09, 2:27 am
These are the vids I captured:

M: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bbXRtiWo8

B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DeuP2eByzw

Hoomgar
03-14-09, 2:12 pm
These are the vids I captured:

M: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_bbXRtiWo8

B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DeuP2eByzw

At last! Videos of this! Thanks Phil!!!!!

McFly
03-14-09, 4:23 pm
awesome videos of the entire weekend Phil!!! You caught so much sick action!!

If I'm blessed enough for this to ever happen again FUCK numbers in the teens....reps are going to become a new part of my training regime

sanga
03-14-09, 4:26 pm
A year till the next one mate so who knows, 30 reps???