PDA

View Full Version : The Dl Session At The Cage

Sgt Rock
01-09-09, 7:39 pm
I posted this elsewhere but it is worthy of posting here again. What if an Animal did a HUGE deadlift in the Cage, and it counted in the rankings? Would that make the stakes higher if three judges were staring at the lift five feet away looking for a mistake? Right now the top dl in the world at 242lbs in the past calendar year is 810.

Semper Fi

krazyassmexican
01-09-09, 7:43 pm
since i am sure 90% i will be there, i will shit on my pants, cry and then i would fuckin past out

you know you are my hero

Sgt Rock
01-09-09, 8:48 pm
since i am sure 90% i will be there, i will shit on my pants, cry and then i would fuckin past out

you know you are my hero

LOL does that mean I can count on you to be loud?
Thanks bro!

Semper Fi

zanderfever
01-09-09, 9:39 pm
That would be awesome. Do you think a deadlift competition could be arranged? I think that could be fun. Allow a few people to compete with you as if it were a real competition.

Sgt Rock
01-09-09, 11:31 pm
Its only an idea, there will be no competition as that would interfere with other events at the AC, but a sanction of one lift could be a possibility. I have pulled many big dls in the CAge over the years, none of them counted but would have fared well on the top 100, my
750 at 220 comes to mind. I was hoping that with judges there to make it count the fans may get more fired up and more would attend, do you agree? We just dont have the time for a full blown contest.

Semper FI

BigAnt
01-10-09, 10:48 am
Sgt Rock after seeing you in The Cage last year, dead lift after dead lift, closing what must of weighed close to a mid size car...looking forward to this even more this year!

How has your training been?

Sgt Rock
01-10-09, 8:02 pm
Thanks bro. Training is on schedule brother, I will let my lifting speak for itself. It will be good to see you again.

Semper Fi

arsilva
01-11-09, 12:20 am
Might want to get noise ordinances checked before letting all the Animals know about this. lol.

For real though, I'm sure having a sanctioned lift at our very own Cage would make it, might sound wierd, more personal, for everyone. guaranteed record attendance

Sgt Rock
01-11-09, 8:39 am
Might want to get noise ordinances checked before letting all the Animals know about this. lol.

For real though, I'm sure having a sanctioned lift at our very own Cage would make it, might sound wierd, more personal, for everyone. guaranteed record attendance

I appreciate you and your comments brother, thank you.

Semper Fi

Elite
01-11-09, 9:22 am
That would be awesome. Do you think a deadlift competition could be arranged? I think that could be fun. Allow a few people to compete with you as if it were a real competition.

I think this is something that could be looked into at the ABC on the saturday evening. The cage has a lot going on already, what with this, the pro's V Joe's, seminars, bench off's/squat off's (if they are planned again), public bench bodyweight for reps, exhibitions from the likes of J-Rock/Big Dog/Westside Barbell etc etc...

Sgt Rock
01-11-09, 6:35 pm
Bros lets make this clear, it MAY be possible to get my lifts SANCTIONED with 3 world class judges present, but we are NOT goint to turn it into a full blown contest, its just going to detract from the rest of the events that day. To simplify, I will always do what I do in the cage, the exception being ONLY that 3 judges will be seated inside, thats all. As for the ABC doing a dl contest after the expo thats GREAT!

Semper Fi

B Con
01-11-09, 6:46 pm
Can't wait. Will you bring more good stories as well?

zanderfever
01-11-09, 7:40 pm
Bros lets make this clear, it MAY be possible to get my lifts SANCTIONED with 3 world class judges present, but we are NOT goint to turn it into a full blown contest, its just going to detract from the rest of the events that day. To simplify, I will always do what I do in the cage, the exception being ONLY that 3 judges will be seated inside, thats all. As for the ABC doing a dl contest after the expo thats GREAT!

Semper Fi

That is a fair point you have there. I think that would be fun to get the contest going on afterwards.

Thanks for not flat out rejecting it, haha.

Phil800101
01-11-09, 9:49 pm

Semper Fi

I hope that you can get this to happen Rock, that will make it even more awesome than it is already going to be. Good luck bro!

Sgt Rock
01-11-09, 11:30 pm
Can't wait. Will you bring more good stories as well?

OH yes bro I have some stories to tell, I live in Vegas.

Semper Fi

zanderfever
01-13-09, 12:59 pm

Semper Fi

Oh, this is going to be fun, haha.

Sgt Rock
01-13-09, 6:01 pm
I wont give you all the reps, but I will give you all up to my opener:

135 2x5
225x3
315x3
405x1
515x1 all reps up to here no belt and hook grip
add suit and belt

715x1
7???
8???

now the fun begins! Keep in mind if I truly wanted to I could cut to 220 for this even as I am barely over, I added sausage to my diet in hopes to gain some weight lol.

Semper Fi

Elite
01-13-09, 6:12 pm
Sarge, your chomping at the bit to get on with this are'nt ya. Haha, your so enthusiastic and excited. I bet you gnaw on your pillow at night, muttering '800+!...800+!!!' in your sleep.

We all truly believe and hope you get it bro.

Sgt Rock
01-13-09, 6:14 pm
Sarge, your chomping at the bit to get on with this are'nt ya. Haha, your so enthusiastic and excited. I bet you gnaw on your pillow at night, muttering '800+!...800+!!!' in your sleep.

We all truly believe and hope you get it bro.

Its all I think about, day and night, its in my dreams, it totally consumes me to be quite honest.

Semper Fi

DANO
01-13-09, 7:40 pm

Semper Fi

I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas!!

Sgt Rock
01-13-09, 10:29 pm
I thought what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas!!

LOL...maybe my stories aren't only from Vegas!

Semper Fi

zanderfever
01-14-09, 8:58 pm
Its all I think about, day and night, its in my dreams, it totally consumes me to be quite honest.

Semper Fi

You've got support from all your screaming Animal brethren at the Cage. I know i'm amped to see an 800+ Dead