PDA

View Full Version : Football Off-Season

mk53220
01-09-09, 7:56 pm
Its now football off season after being on the bench and special teams the whole year its time to get bigger. I play LB and Im at 220lbs 18-20%BF. Im trying to pack on more lbs this off season and then drop the fat in training camp. The training isnt the issue but the diet is. I want to make sure Im doing this correct. I will be doing the WSFSB routine as I have in the past. Just please let me know a nice daily layout on what to eat and when to eat. I plan on lifting M,T,T,F and cardio HIT Training on S and Ice Skating on SU. Thanks again guys!

simpleguy
01-10-09, 2:02 am
we can't tell you what to eat, you should make a plan to suit your needs and your body... also, losing fat and building muscle at the same time is pretty hard, but if you train heavy in the training camp plus your routine, and eat right, it might happen... do some reading on the diet aspect

protein at every meal, probably would want to keep at least a moderate amount of carbs due to your training, and a moderate amount of healthy fats... make sure you use a potent multi such as the pak

mk53220
01-10-09, 8:47 am
Well right now I want to ad on mass streangth and size and then when Training camp comes around I will be shedding the fat doing sprints and running. I need to gain strength for sure though.

mk53220
01-10-09, 9:51 am
How does this look:

Breakfast (6:30 AM):

Oatmeal and Cinnamon
Fresh Fruit
Baked Beans
Whole Wheat Toast
100% Whey Protein Shake

Estimated Totals (50-60g Protein, 100-125g Carbohydrates, 3-5g Fat)

Mid-Morning Snack (9:30 AM):

Grilled Chicken Breast Salad with Romane Lettuce
Light Dressing
Cucumbers
Baked Potato
Fresh Fruit

Estimated Totals (30-40g Protein, 90-100g Carbohydrates, 5-10g Fat)

Lunch (11:00 AM):

chicken with Wheat Pasta and Fresh Peas
Light Marinara
Fresh Fruit
Celery Stalk

Estimated Totals (40-50g Protein, 80-90g Carbohydrates, 10-15g Fat)

Post-Workout (5:30 PM):

1 tbsp Honey
100% Whey Protein Shake
Baked Potato
2 Cups Corn Flakes

Estimated Totals (40-50g Protein, 100-110g Carbohydrates, 5-10g Fat)

Supper (7:15 PM):

1/2lb Ground Beef Patty Or Steak
Brown Rice
Baked Beans
Cauliflower

Estimated Totals (50-60g Protein, 60-70g Carbohydrates, 10-20g Fat)

Before Bed (9:45 PM):

100% Whey Protein Shake

Estimated Totals (40-45g Protein, 20-25g Carbohydrates, 0-5g Fat)

simpleguy
01-10-09, 10:09 am
looks ok... here's what I'd do

I'd drop the carbs a bit (though you might get away with them if you're a hardgainer or your training session are very demanding)... I'd still drop them though and add some healthy fats to some of your meals

with your bed-shake have 2 tbsp of natty peanut butter or half a cup of almonds... same with breakfast... add a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (yes, drink it out of the spoon) to your 2nd meal and to your supper

Iron4Life
01-10-09, 10:39 am
Just eat everything you see man...back when i played hs ball i slammed down as many cals as i could...with the amount of lifting ,conditioning, practice,and with your age...your metabolism should be thru the roof...get keep taking in as much protein, good carbs and healthy fats that you can get your hands on

Your a football player bro so don't me afraid to eat a lil junk here and there...its not going to kill you...just don't let it get outa hand

Just my two cents

Iron4Life

mk53220
01-11-09, 3:06 am
Well I would eat everything I see I just aint trying to go from LB to DT. Gain that much weight!

C.Coronato
01-12-09, 1:17 pm
good luck brother and keep us posted on how it goes!