PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump - how long for an empty stomach

Littlbigd
01-10-09, 6:11 am
Hi Animals!

Today is my first day taking the pump. I usually try and do my workout a couple hours after waking up - but my first order of the day is always to get a clean high protein meal in my stomach with vitamins and the omega pak.

My normal breakfast usually consists of chicken, vegetables, wheat bread, animal pak and omega pak. Something about 400 calories and 40 grams of protein.

How long after eating this meal should I wait to take the animal pump? I waited 90 minutes today but that starts my workout later then i would prefer. Is an hour after eating sufficient time for the pump to fully absorb into my system?

Thanks!

- Brian

simpleguy
01-10-09, 7:56 am
one hour after your meal sounds good to me...

LoneWarrior
01-10-09, 5:35 pm
I just took pump today about an hour and a half after my last meal. I would say an hour or a little more than an hour i think is fine.

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 10:20 am
Brian - how did evrything work out? Did you think about maybe getting up a little bit earlier? Or did you change to just an hour after? How are you likein the pump?

Little Z
01-13-09, 1:58 pm
Hey Brian..

Welcome to the world of PUMP haha..

Like the others have stated, taking PUMP an hour after your meal is fine.

When I was using PUMP (using ST right now), I would eat 90 mins pre, then take PUMP 60 mins later.

Hope things are well up in AK for ya, I have some friends in Anchorage.. small world..

killinweight
01-13-09, 3:41 pm
i usually wait only 45 minutes to an hour after eating and get great results.

Littlbigd
01-14-09, 6:43 am
I've been doing the 90 minutes after a meal before taking the pump but I think I am going to start cutting it back to an hour just from what everyone here says.

I am on the Rippetoe program -so all my lifts are core lifts - I cant really tell if the pump is working or not - but since I keep setting a new PR with every workout :) I am sure as hell not going to change anything now!

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 9:18 am
sounds good brother and keep up the good work!

Joe_clay
01-19-09, 10:58 am
I was on PUMP for around 6 months, i didnt have the same problem as you as i trained in the evening around half 5.

I did find that i could take it as soon as i got into the gym, before doing 10mins cardio warm up then starting on the weights. rather than taking 30 - 45 mins prior to training as stated on the can.

Not sure if that would help you train at your usual time if you are waiting an hour after eating but then still want to leave 30-45 mins from taking PUMP before you train.

Hope that makes sense.