PDA

View Full Version : Some motivating thoughts if you ever need it.

rocklockridge
01-10-09, 10:49 pm
If you are reading this, I want you to get motivated like I am. I want you to treat every calorie like you can’t succeed without it. Every drop of water is one drop better than you were before. Every step on the treadmill means you are one step closer to your ultimate destiny. Are you willing to die to set that PR? What would you give up to achieve your goals this year? Every second you take off your mile run means you are one second better. Improvement is everywhere if you have the vision to find it. Achievement is everywhere is you have the desire to go get it. Look in that mirror every morning and tell yourself "I am the best there is and today I have to go prove it again." If you are competing, bet your ass that someone is working harder. If you just want to lose weight, know that someone is telling you good luck, but doesn’t have much faith in your work ethic. How bad do you want it? Tell me how bad you want it. I could say all the expressions you find on the T-shirts. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Etc. Let’s cut the bullshit and get right to the point. Do you want it or not? Is it going to be painful? You are damn right it is going to be painful. Crave it. You are attempting something that a lot of people don’t have the guts to do. Someone who doesn’t have the guts to do it is watching you. You could be the one that inspires that person to do it. I have been that person for over 500 people. You can bet your last dollar that the feeling I get knowing I inspired someone is a feeling that is worth every ounce of pain I felt during my journey x 10. If you have quit in the past, get back on the ride and try again. if you have succeeded in the past, show someone else the way. Every day I go to that gym, in my mind I am a champion. Someone is going to see me and that person will know that I do what I say I am going to do. Someone is going to see you for the first time when you go. What is that person going to think about you?

simpleguy
01-11-09, 5:08 am
good post bro...

sodapop
01-13-09, 1:27 pm
Good post, man.

Someone is going to see you for the first time when you go. What is that person going to think about you?

^ I really liked this part.

rocklockridge
01-15-09, 4:08 am
Thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. I have a few more if anyone is interested.

theharjmann
01-15-09, 4:43 am
Good post man...what i liek about it is that you can relate it to everything in life, not just the gym.

Keep em coming.

Peace

rocklockridge
01-16-09, 12:01 am
It all started one day at Greenbrier Health Club. I was getting ready for my very first max attempt on the bench press. I am a nervous wreck. My right foot can’t stop tapping on the floor. I am looking around hoping no one is watching me. My spotter keeps asking if I am ready. After he asks about 5 times, I am ready. I take a deep breath in, and the next 10 seconds feels like 10 minutes. I get the lift off and the weight feels like a building came crashing down on my chest. I struggle and I push like my life depends on it. I am certain that I honestly believed it did at the time. Finally, I reach lockout and the bar is returned safely to its original place. I sit up and look around again, this time to see if anyone watched what I just did. The relief and excitement comes over me as it hits home. I just bench pressed 95 lbs.

From that day on, I was hooked. Even earlier today when I was at the gym, I have to get my fix or my day is just ruined. My day isn’t complete until I have it. What is it I am talking about you wonder? It is a rush that comes over me every time I step out of that locker room, plug in my mp3 player, cinch up my belt and say that quick prayer to keep me safe on that day.

It is the challenge that awaits you in that gym. It is the iron that tries to defy you your glory. It is the cross trainer that craves your sweat and wants you to reach your breaking point. It is the thought of those that inspire you to go and push yourself every day to do what many fear. It is also the thoughts of all the doubters over the years that say you aren’t good enough. It is the eyes of all those that look at you looking for inspiration.

I am no longer the guy that openly socializes and chats with the masses. I am no longer willing to bend for the benefit of others. This is MY time. I am about to walk in my office. The freight train of intensity is warming up and no obstacle on this day is safe. I am here to work. I am here because someone out there is about to enter the greatest sport of them all and I am an ambassador. I am the example to follow for success. I am the measuring stick to which all others are compared.

It is proving once again why I call myself a real World Heavyweight Champion. It is showing myself that the status quo is not for me. It is raising my standards that most already consider too high. It is showing my strength to the world. Not the physical strength of lifting the weights, but rather the mental strength that I can answer any challenge I set myself or that anyone else sets for me. It is getting through the end of today’s workout so I can look forward to tomorrow’s. It is knowing that I have the ability to inspire the 13 year old kid starting out for the first time or a fitness model who is known throughout the country or a soldier defending my freedom to say what I am saying right now.

It is getting through the final set of a brutal training session and challenging myself to do more next time. It is setting a PR this week that I will break next week. It is being the best I can be and knowing next time I can be better. It is proving that nothing is impossible if you want it bad enough. It is that look in the mirror when you ask yourself “Can I do this?” and you think to yourself “you are damn right I can!”

What is it? It is being a bodybuilder. Are you hooked?

ROCK

xMindgamex
01-16-09, 12:18 am
wow is all i have to say.

rocklockridge
01-16-09, 12:24 am
Hopefully that wow is a positive one.

xMindgamex
01-16-09, 12:26 am
o it is. Respect.

rocklockridge
01-16-09, 12:26 am
Right on. Respect.

xMATT182x
01-16-09, 3:34 am
much respect man. you have a good head on your shoulders and a great fire in your heart. Keep strong and do your thing. we got your back.

On Letting Go
01-16-09, 7:56 am
youre a great motivator bro.

"It is setting a PR this week that I will break next week."

Fucking right.

OLG

Dedicated2Liftin
01-16-09, 6:33 pm
Good post bro. You're hit the nail on the the head..it's all about rising up to the challenge that seperates an Animal from a poser.

rocklockridge
01-16-09, 10:11 pm
I saw someone I hadn’t seen in a long time the other day. The last time he saw me I was 155 lbs. He was one of those guys that gave me hell in high school. Obviously he noticed I ain’t 155 anymore. When I told him how much I weigh these days, he was dumbfounded. That kinda made me feel good. What made me feel even better was the question he asked next.

"So what are you on, dude?"

"Nothing, man. Didn’t need it and can’t afford it." lol

"Bullshit, what did you take, Rock?"

"Seriously, nothing. I was just determined to do what I was told I couldn’t do."

"You are full of shit, but I get it. Can’t talk about that in public. I’ll talk to you later."

He seriously thinks I am on the roids. Although I can see why he would think that, and I kinda take that as a compliment, let me make it very clear. I am on NOTHING. Why am I 260 lbs. now and how did I get there without the use of drugs? To be completely honest, I went to the gym every day pissed off.

I was pissed because I got dumped by my girlfriend ON MY 18TH BIRTHDAY because I was too skinny. I was pissed because the day my grandmother passed away, as I am mourning at the bottom of the steps at school, football players are laughing and picking on me, and there wasn’t a damn thing I could do about it. I was pissed off because when I let it known that I was entering the world of bodybuilding, everyone around me told me I was wasting my time. I literally had NO support. It was me against the world. I was pissed off because when I wanted to workout at school, the PE teacher wouldn’t let me because I was too little.
Instead of getting pissed and doing something stupid, I got pissed off and turned it into positive motivation and became a success. Now 10 years later, I still on occasion get pissed before I hit the iron. I am pissed off because people don’t believe I can do what I did without drugs. I get pissed off because people say I have issues because I go to the gym every day. I get pissed off that after doing what NO ONE thought I could do, there are still doubters who don’t believe I will meet my goals because they are too outrageous.

Understand this. When I get pissed off, I get determined. I WILL prove you wrong. You WILL eat your words, and I will provide the ketchup. You doubting me fuels my fire. It is the reason I am the world’s most determined sumbitch. It is the reason I have succeeded before. It is the reason I will succeed again. I am not the most attractive person, I am well aware of that, but you can bet your ass that my face will be seen by a lot of people soon. I know no one will see my pictures and think sexy, but they will see determination and success. My success will trump all the doubters. My determination will trump all the negative attitude. Doubt me, I crave it. Keep doubting me as I curl that 50 lb. dumbbell for the 20th rep. Keep doubting me as I am doing my 50th rep on the leg press. Keep doubting me as I hit my stride in my mile run. Please. I am begging you. Doubt me. Ignore the track record. I hope you are hungry, because you WILL eat crow.

Your accomplishments are questioned because they think you are on drugs. If you are just starting, they doubt you because you are too old, or too fat, or too skinny. They don’t think you can do it. Let them doubt you. Let them think whatever they are going to think. The power is in your hands to prove them wrong. The power is in your hands to show every day that you can do the impossible. You can show them that you are a bodybuilder, and dammit you don’t doubt a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders don’t need drugs, they have true grit, true determination. Determination is what makes a real bodybuilders. Not drugs, not synthol, not fancy lighting, but true willpower to be the greatest. It is a determination that shows that your physical strength is a fraction of your mental strength. It is a determination that shows you can be pissed off at the doubters and still inspire the supporters. It is a determination that can turn those doubters into believers. That…turning the doubters into believers…that is what makes bodybuilding great. Turn your doubters into believers.

ROCK

violator
01-17-09, 12:55 am
105lbs in 10 yrs is a good sign of hard work, welldone bro.....way to stick it 2 the haters....now keep killin.....nice post...

deanna7272
01-17-09, 1:04 am
Great post...

It's great to see that you can take a positive approach to something that could break another's spirit. You have overcome their doubt and that's what it's all about...

I can also see that it's more the fact that you believe in yourself that makes you succeed, than the doubt of others that fuels you... You are stronger than others believe that you are and you prove it.

Keep doing what you are doing, with that heart and attitude, you are going to be successful in everything you set your mind on...

BamBam
01-17-09, 1:11 am
Awesome post bro...I have the same mentality of "Get pissed, get motivated!!" Good shit dude and keep pounding away! Make them regret doubting you and we will show the world what a few pissed off sons of bitches can do!

IN IRON,
BB-

rocklockridge
01-17-09, 1:45 am
Thanks for the comments. BTW, when that guy saw me, I had already gained 30 lbs. I started at 125 lbs. So that is 135 lbs. gained. I gained another person.

xMindgamex
01-17-09, 6:23 am
freaking rock man. keep them coming love reading your post. I just want to hit the IRON after reading them.

rocklockridge
01-17-09, 5:21 pm
No fancy story to start this one, no food for thought, I am just going to get right to the point. I am calling you all out right now. Today is going to be the day that you dig down deep into places you did not know existed and bring out passion and determination you never would have known was there. You train today like the future of your bodybuilding life depends on it. You might be dreading the fact that it is leg day, I don’t care. It might be a run or 60 minutes of cardio, I don’t care. I challenge you to make today the best workout you ever had. Rise to the occasion and set new PR’s on every exercise you do. Burn more calories than you ever burned. Run faster, train harder, and bust your ass like you never have before. Show yourselves today why you are a part of the greatest sport of them all. Prove to yourself that you can answer my challenge. I have been checking the posts and I think it is time to step your games up. This won’t be just another workout for you. Now is the time to take the next step and prove why you are all champions of bodybuilding. The time has come to raise your standards. You aren’t just another face on Animal. You are athletes. You are bodybuilders. You are champions. Show me…no…show yourselves that you will do what no other will do to succeed. No adversity will stop you today, no obstacle will get in your path to greatness. Walk into the gym and bring it strong. Train with an intensity that will make the lights appear brighter. Cross the line that you thought you would never cross. Inspire the onlookers and be the champion I know you can be. You can do this. You WILL do this. Bodybuilders answer challenges. I am challenging you today. Make the weight submit to your mercy. Make the crosstrainer bend to your will. Be a bodybuilder. Step the fuck up. Answer the challenge.

thatdude111
01-17-09, 6:03 pm
I came across this preview of a documentary on youtube and thought it was very inspirational. It's about three experienced runners who decide to run coast to coast across The Sahara Desert. They attempt to run 4000+ Miles in about 100 days. The athletes' motivation behind this incredible journey is simply because no human being has ever done it before.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HidKMFClQUU