PDA

View Full Version : Cheat movements??

redskin 344
01-10-09, 11:05 pm
Why do bodybuiilders all do cheat curls and cheat side raises? What ever happened to a slow range of motion and intense workout?

eric downey
01-10-09, 11:36 pm
in 10 years you'll have a better understanding of how to "cheat" with out really cheating. Its an experience thing. i dont know how to explain it.

prowrestler
01-10-09, 11:39 pm
in 10 years you'll have a better understanding of how to "cheat" with out really cheating. Its an experience thing. i dont know how to explain it.

x2

you can't tell a pro how to train. thats what seperates them from an average joe blow

he knows his body and can dial in exactly how he needs to via whatever method he chooses. what works for him works for him.

its not so much cheating as it is explosivness the way i see it. makeing an iso move into a compound one to overload the muscle with heavier weights

redskin 344
01-10-09, 11:41 pm
Its all good man

But I guess you would still need to slow down on the negative portion though, right?

Cstlfx
01-10-09, 11:49 pm
There are many different cheat movements. Pro's use them in various aspects, either to get in a last set or last few reps, but they're cheating within reason. Arnold used to do cheat curls at the beginning of some bicep workouts to get all the blood flowing so he can have as big a pump as possible.

But, its whatever works. Dorian Yates refuses to cheat on any rep because it does not work for him.

If I ever do cheat movements, its either to get in last few/couple reps, or to get as much blood into my muscle for a pump.

prowrestler
01-10-09, 11:58 pm
Its all good man

But I guess you would still need to slow down on the negative portion though, right?

depends if thats the point of your style of cheat, ya dig?

prowrestler
01-11-09, 12:40 am
like eddie guerrero said

"IF YOUR NOT CHEATING...YOUR NOT TRYIN!"

LATINO HEAT 4EVER

eric downey
01-11-09, 12:47 am
Its all good man

you want constant tension at any speed. you dont want momentum moving the weight.