PDA

View Full Version : when to DL?

strivin for more
01-11-09, 10:22 am
hey fellas, i have a pull, push, legs, rest routine. i was really wanting to add deadlifts in there, but on what day? legs or pull? thanks.

xxscaxx
01-11-09, 10:43 am
id go with pull days. DL take a shitload out of me so having them with legs (which also take a shitload out of me) would i think be a little overboard. also i'm one of those guys that likes keeping each body part for a separate day.

redskin 344
01-11-09, 10:55 am
id go with pull days. DL take a shitload out of me so having them with legs (which also take a shitload out of me) would i think be a little overboard. also i'm one of those guys that likes keeping each body part for a separate day.

x2

sanga
01-11-09, 2:46 pm
Yep pull days.

eric downey
01-11-09, 2:53 pm
we do them on both. just depends on what the rest of the workout looks like

sddb27
01-11-09, 3:53 pm
hey fellas, i have a pull, push, legs, rest routine. i was really wanting to add deadlifts in there, but on what day? legs or pull? thanks.

I generally do deadlifts on back/pull days and space them out from leg days because deadlifts take a toll on the legs so I did back today/sunday i'll take tomorrow off, shoulders on tuesday and hit legs on wednesday.

shizz702
01-11-09, 4:21 pm
Pull day.

castilo
01-11-09, 5:37 pm
Do DLs in th beginning of the workout. That way you can put more energy into it and get mroe out of it. Of course you shoul dhave known that but if you didn;t start doing that.

shizz702
01-11-09, 6:07 pm
Do DLs in th beginning of the workout. That way you can put more energy into it and get mroe out of it. Of course you shoul dhave known that but if you didn;t start doing that.

Agreed. Deadlifts take a lot out of you, and it's best to start with them so you can get the most out of them.

strivin for more
01-11-09, 6:47 pm
alright, thanks brothers. theyll be destroying my lower back right?

shizz702
01-11-09, 7:43 pm

nothing builds lower back strength like deadlifts. Hit them hard and heavy, they will pay great dividends.

thatdude111
01-11-09, 8:45 pm
nothing builds lower back strength like deadlifts. Hit them hard and heavy, they will pay great dividends.

Every few weeks I don't include dead lifts during my back routine what are other good exercises I can perform that will build my lower back? I know hyperextensions are good but i can't do them because I workout at home and don't have that piece of equipment. What lower back exercises can i do that don't involve any equipment i have dumbells and barbells though?

Also are deadlifts enough to keep my lower back strong, do I have to include other lower back exercises in my back routine?

castilo
01-11-09, 9:09 pm

Yeah, but don't go jerking the weight and going all crazy. For some reason that picture just pop in my head. When deadlifting make sure you use a very strict form. Start practicing with light weight first. Keep chest up, look up pull and at the same time push with the heels of your feet.

And also a word about using a lifting belt. I say don't. Save your money for something else. I see people using the belt for all their lifts. Even the bench press. You must learn the technque yourself and you must strengthen your stablizer muscles. What good would it do if you can deadlift 500 lb but you can't even lift bags of groceries because you don't have a belt on?

prowrestler
01-11-09, 10:59 pm
i do them on leg day and it works for me

deadlfit= posterior chain

back for me means only upper back regioned muscles aka lats traps and company.

any hyperextension or lower back move will hit the glutes and hams. the posterior chain. SO, it'll go on my leg day if i had a leg day (i have squat days)

phlex_ing
01-12-09, 11:01 am
DL is my 1st movment on my pull back day 4 days away from my leg day.

thatdude111
01-13-09, 2:52 pm
Every few weeks I don't include dead lifts during my back routine what are other good exercises I can perform that will build my lower back? I know hyperextensions are good but i can't do them because I workout at home and don't have that piece of equipment. What lower back exercises can i do that don't involve any equipment i have dumbells and barbells though?

Also are deadlifts enough to keep my lower back strong, do I have to include other lower back exercises in my back routine?

BaseballMonster
01-13-09, 6:54 pm

Yo take a bar and do good mornings. Good shit