PDA

View Full Version : when you get sick!

andrewT
01-11-09, 3:22 pm
hey all

Like I always say to people I couldn't give a flying shit if I have a cold, but when it comes to STOMACH stuff like gastritis and stomach flus, I hate that feeling of cramping/squirming pain!

The other day I came down with something, don't know what but my mama thinks it was the flour my Nonno used to make his famous bread and how they were recalling it. ah well who knows, bottom line is I puked allll night literally, at least 30-40 times along with diarhea. In fact I stayed in the bathroom the whole night and I was barfing up stomach acid! (to those who are anorexic I don't know how they can torture themselves like that! and to those starving across the world I truly give them credit for surviving on the little energy they have!)

I have probably lost about 5 pounds maybe more! I didn't eat anything yesterday except for gatorade and a slice of dry toast with some natty pb. Today I am alot better, feel like shit since I lost sooo much weight that I worked quite hard to put on! and I look very small

so I was wondering, to all you pros or guys who prepare for a comp, when something like this happens to you, how do you bounce back? how do you revive your body nice and quick?

I think this would be good for all of us to get some tips and stuff off eachother and maybe get in on some helpful secrets to benefit all of us when we can't get food down the feeder!

sanga
01-11-09, 3:32 pm
I continue on my diet and make sure I`m getting electrolytes in me all day long, plenty of fluids and no crap.

Hydration first and foremost in my experience.

andrewT
01-11-09, 3:35 pm
I continue on my diet and make sure I`m getting electrolytes in me all day long, plenty of fluids and no crap.

Hydration first and foremost in my experience.

Continue on your diet? wow you must have an iron stomach bro. I also have IBS which doesn't help. But ya I was drinking Gatorade all day long for electrolytes. I wanted to go to the store and buy an Amino drink mix but can't be bothered to buy the overpriced crappage they sell at my local GNC.

sanga
01-11-09, 3:46 pm
I meant continue on my diet once I`d stop shitting/puking and can eat again.

I actually do force the food down even though I`m puking it back up sometimes but 3 hrs later I try again, seems to get me through the sickness quicker. lol