PDA

View Full Version : Universal Beta Ala9 tingles

JeremyT
01-12-09, 5:38 pm
I did a search but could not find anything relevant to this question. When taking this I was warned I was going to feel tingles and maybe get a little flushed. I bought a bottle of it, and when I tried it out today, I felt nothing. Took the recommended dose. Im also starting a new cycle of M-stak today, so might that have something to do with it?

My question is, is this something that takes a bit to start up, or should i feel the tingles right away? I don't want to have wasted money on a sup that does nothing.

Thanks alot guys!

InkdMuscle
01-12-09, 5:49 pm
I did a search but could not find anything relevant to this question. When taking this I was warned I was going to feel tingles and maybe get a little flushed. I bought a bottle of it, and when I tried it out today, I felt nothing. Took the recommended dose. Im also starting a new cycle of M-stak today, so might that have something to do with it?

My question is, is this something that takes a bit to start up, or should i feel the tingles right away? I don't want to have wasted money on a sup that does nothing.

Thanks alot guys!

It all depends bro. I take a reg beta alanine powder. I just dump 5mg into a 3oz of water and chug it. about 10min I start to feel the tingleing. But I haven’t felt it with universals beta ala9 caps.

nck219
01-12-09, 5:59 pm

Thanks alot guys!

The recommended dose contains 2grams of beta alanine, which may not be enough to cause the tingles. Anything under 4 or 5 grams and I normally dont feel it either...I would try upping the dosage a little bit and see what happens.

Aggression
01-12-09, 6:15 pm

Thanks alot guys!

Bro I definitely felt the tingles, big time. I usually take 3 caps, but one day I decided to up it to 4 caps at once and the tingles came, along with the whole flushing effect. It was weird. I first noticed my ears. They felt really hot, then I looked at my hands and they were flushed and looked as if I had a rash. My face, arms and hands looked like spotted sunburn. Tingles throughout my legs and back were noticeable too. It was a bug out, but it went away within 10-15min. It all depends on dosage bro. I don't think you want to LOOK for those effects all the time, rather its just a minor side effect with a higher dose.

rayzer27
01-12-09, 6:24 pm
Bro I definitely felt the tingles, big time. I usually take 3 caps, but one day I decided to up it to 4 caps at once and the tingles came, along with the whole flushing effect. It was weird. I first noticed my ears. They felt really hot, then I looked at my hands and they were flushed and looked as if I had a rash. My face, arms and hands looked like spotted sunburn. Tingles throughout my legs and back were noticeable too. It was a bug out, but it went away within 10-15min. It all depends on dosage bro. I don't think you want to LOOK for those effects all the time, rather its just a minor side effect with a higher dose.

SAME exact thing happened with me! first time i took it i felt the tingles big time! about 15-20 minutes later it went away..i also experienced the flushed skin..that too went away..i take 3 30 minutes before i workout and then 4 hours later.

rev8ball
01-12-09, 7:04 pm
Not everyone feels the tingles; the people who do feel them can feel them in different places (hands, back, tongue, etc.). Doesn't mean it's not working. Don't worry about it. The results will be in the gym.....

As an FYI, the studies have been with roughly 4-6g per day.

JeremyT
01-12-09, 8:42 pm
The caps have about 2g of Beta-ala9 in it. Ill double the dose tomorrow, and see how she goes. If i get all flushed and tingly in a bad way, ill back it off.

Feel The Power
01-12-09, 8:55 pm
I remember it took about a week for me to start feeling the tingles effect from intra-aid. Now I get them everytime I take it.

Pravus
01-12-09, 8:59 pm

Thanks alot guys!

If I'm not mistaken you feel that way with higher dosages.

Aggression
01-12-09, 10:42 pm
SAME exact thing happened with me! first time i took it i felt the tingles big time! about 15-20 minutes later it went away..i also experienced the flushed skin..that too went away..i take 3 30 minutes before i workout and then 4 hours later.

To be honest, it was weird, but sort of cool at the same time. I just laughed, knowing it was because I upped the dosage. All the effects went away within 15-20min, but for those 15min, I just enjoyed the feelings of tingles and a burning sensation on my ears haha.

If I'm not mistaken you feel that way with higher dosages.

Yeah, I believe this is the reason. I've never had a problem with 3 caps at a time, but the moment I downed 4 caps, the effects came rolling in.

HOCKEY TEMPER
01-12-09, 11:12 pm
Yeah yo, I never experienced the tingling sensation people talk about. I was taking up to 9 capsules a day pre-workout for a while too (roughly 5g's).

TigerAce01
01-12-09, 11:28 pm
I experience Beta Alanine rash very badly. I can't stand using any supplements containing it. It's a very bad itching sensation followed by a flushing of the skin, and then a rash. I react very strongly to it, but others I know experience nothing even in high doses.

My brother loves the stuff, and has almost no reaction. It all depends on who you are brother.

-Ace

Wasteland
01-13-09, 12:49 pm
In my experience, the tingles are a function of many variables, including but not limited to your size, the BA dosage, what you've eaten, when you've eaten, etc. So single amount of BA is going to elicit the same level of tingles exactly the same way for everyone.

J Wong
01-13-09, 1:05 pm
What does beta alanine even do?

TigerAce01
01-13-09, 1:12 pm
Universal Nutrition’s Beta Ala9™ combines beta alanine along with 8 key support nutrients, helping to form the most potent beta alanine supplement available. Beta alanine is needed to help promote high levels of intramuscular L-carnosine. L-carnosine, in turn, plays a key role in maintaining proper muscle pH. L-carnosine is naturally occurring and helps to soak up the positive hydrogen ions that are released through intense exercise. These hydrogen ions cause muscle pH to drop, making muscle pH more acidic. The result? Increased muscular fatigue and decreased strength. This is where Beta Ala9™ comes into play. It works to boost the muscles’ natural level of L-carnosine, assisting the muscle in buffering the overload of positive hydrogen ions produced from intense workouts. Coupled with a specialized absorption and buffering blend, Beta Ala9™ aids muscles and helps ensure that they are working at optimum levels to enhance muscle cell buffering while also combating dreaded free radical production.

-Taken from product description (Beta Ala9) on universalnutrition.com

JeremyT
01-14-09, 10:52 am
Doubled the dosage, and then some even. Still felt no tingles. Went way heavier then I normally would, but with M-stak starting at the same time, its hard to tell which one was really effecting me the most. I might try and up it a little further to 6g to see if I feel anything. This is rather discouraging I must say.

I must say though, when I get back from the gym, and I'm making my post-meal, I feel all flushed and tingly. Could this be it? Should I then be taking it about an hour and a bit before the gym to feel it?

TigerAce01
01-14-09, 2:24 pm
Doubled the dosage, and then some even. Still felt no tingles. Went way heavier then I normally would, but with M-stak starting at the same time, its hard to tell which one was really effecting me the most. I might try and up it a little further to 6g to see if I feel anything. This is rather discouraging I must say.

I must say though, when I get back from the gym, and I'm making my post-meal, I feel all flushed and tingly. Could this be it? Should I then be taking it about an hour and a bit before the gym to feel it?

Brother, tingles are NOT the supplement working, it's a simple side effect that some people receive. You saying "oh, I don't feel any itching or tingling, I'm going to give myself more" is like me saying "oh, I'm not getting bitch tits from this juice, I'm going to up the dosage"...

Get it? Stick to the dosage directions on the back. It will work at that dosage. Going beyond what you need is the way people hurt themselves.

-Ace

simpleguy
01-14-09, 2:29 pm

I thought you bought this to get results in the gym, not to get tingles... seriously, don't sweat it as long as you're getting stronger, that's what matters

simpleguy
01-14-09, 2:30 pm
You saying "oh, I don't feel any itching or tingling, I'm going to give myself more" is like me saying "oh, I'm not getting bitch tits from this juice, I'm going to up the dosage"...

that's a good analogy

nck219
01-14-09, 2:31 pm
LOL, nice analogy...You are fine with doubling the dosage, but I dont know that you would benefit from any higher. Double is 4 grams and that should be plenty. He is right tho, just because you dont feel the tingles doesnt mean its not working. How long before your workout are you taking it right now?

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 2:38 pm
Brother, tingles are NOT the supplement working, it's a simple side effect that some people receive. You saying "oh, I don't feel any itching or tingling, I'm going to give myself more" is like me saying "oh, I'm not getting bitch tits from this juice, I'm going to up the dosage"...

Get it? Stick to the dosage directions on the back. It will work at that dosage. Going beyond what you need is the way people hurt themselves.

-Ace

haha thats a great example. Hopefully that was put in prospective now for that fella.

rev8ball
01-14-09, 2:41 pm
Reminds me of something that one of my friends did. On a late weekend night, and adult beverages were a-plenty, he and a friend wanted to see how high they could go with BA. Using several types of alcohol as mixers, they got up to 20g before the all over body tingling became unbearable, especially in their under-the-belt region. As they put it, it felt like their balls were going to blow off!

Ah, what happens when research nerds get bored and there's alcohol present.....

TigerAce01
01-14-09, 3:06 pm
Reminds me of something that one of my friends did. On a late weekend night, and adult beverages were a-plenty, he and a friend wanted to see how high they could go with BA. Using several types of alcohol as mixers, they got up to 20g before the all over body tingling became unbearable, especially in their under-the-belt region. As they put it, it felt like their balls were going to blow off!

Ah, what happens when research nerds get bored and there's alcohol present.....

hahahahaha

that's awful, I can't even stand the tingling at a low dose

And yeah brothers, I thought that analogy would really illustrate my point...

-Ace

JeremyT
01-14-09, 4:28 pm

-Ace

Alright. I was simply under the impression that for it to work, you were supposed to be feeling that sensation. If it works without that, then great, its just what I was told. Im taking it 15 minutes before I go workout. Is that an okay amount of time?

nck219
01-14-09, 4:51 pm
Alright. I was simply under the impression that for it to work, you were supposed to be feeling that sensation. If it works without that, then great, its just what I was told. Im taking it 15 minutes before I go workout. Is that an okay amount of time?

Yeah. That should be good.

McFly
02-13-09, 8:48 am
I've tied Beta Ala9 on three occasions...no tingles really but the gas in insane....I love the idea behind the product but the longer I take it the worse my stomach issues become....anyone else?

nck219
02-13-09, 9:01 am
I've tied Beta Ala9 on three occasions...no tingles really but the gas in insane....I love the idea behind the product but the longer I take it the worse my stomach issues become....anyone else?

I havent heard of anyone else havin gas issues with it. Especially with it being a pill and all. One thing I did notice about it, atleast for me was that I have to take it a lil further in advance of my workout than equivalent powder versions. If I take it like 30 min before, then right at the end of my workout I get the tingles and all that stuff. An hour or a hair over seems to be the sweet spot for me...