PDA

View Full Version : hernias & lifting....

Italianmuscle08
01-12-09, 8:56 pm
so i wrestle and recently learned i have bilateral hernias (a hernia on each side of my lower abdomen) they arent to bad and im seeing a surgeon soon. i hurt them in wrestling practice but i am wondering if i can lift weights for now or will that just fuck me all up...

rocky36
01-12-09, 9:53 pm
i wouldnt unless your cleared by your doctor to do so ...

Italianmuscle08
01-12-09, 10:59 pm
hey im just wondering how long after i get hernia surgery until i can lift again

SQUAT or DIE!
01-12-09, 11:02 pm
when your doctor says you can and not a damn day before....

Dedicated2Liftin
01-12-09, 11:48 pm
when your doctor says you can and not a damn day before....

Pretty much sums it up

InkdMuscle
01-13-09, 11:12 am
with a hernia u gotta listen to the doc on that one. its not like its a splinter or something minor. Take it easy and heal and recoop and hit it when u the doc says u can.

Mr. Dead
01-13-09, 11:16 am
What everyone else has said... I had mine repaired last year, and had to wait 6 weeks to start even going light...

brandonA
01-13-09, 11:53 am
Just remember that they are messing with a part of your body that moves with every and I mean every movement you make. Take it easy, rest up...you wont have much choice....

-B

Nightshift
01-13-09, 11:59 am
Ive had two hernia repairs in my life. Your return time depends on the severity of the hernia (wich the fully don't Know till they go in) and what kind of work you do will dictate the time you need off. Usually about 6 weeks.

Camdog
01-13-09, 10:57 pm
listen to these posts they are legit. Father had a pretty serious hernia bursts and it was about a week and a half before he was able to walk normally again so take it as serious as you can

wedge
01-14-09, 12:30 am
Everyone here is speaking the truth. Rest up. The weights will be there when you get back and get doctor's clearance.
Not worth it to risk injury and keep yourself out longer.

Respect
01-14-09, 9:03 pm
I had two hernias. First too 5 weeks until i was throwing the weights around. the second one took 4 weeks until i was back to intense training. HOpe that helps.