PDA

View Full Version : Which Animal Products Contain 100% hydrolyzed whey protein?

Fricano
01-13-09, 9:40 am
I am allergic to whey protein so I cant have regular whey proteins. However hydrolyzed whey is more broken and I will nt have an allergic reaction to it. Which products have 100% hydrolyzed whey and only hydrolyzed whey? I like to but animal products but if thier arnet any with 100% whey protein then what other products are there?

J-Dawg
01-13-09, 9:58 am
I'm not sure what you are asking but if you have an allergy to regular whey protein, why wouldn't this allergy still exist with hydrolyzed whey? Are you lactose intolerant? Lactose intolerance isn't exactly an allergy but the body is unable to break down lactose due to a lack of lactase enzyme. Please clarify your question so that we can try to assist you. What exactly is your allergy to whey?

Fricano
01-13-09, 10:56 am
I am allergic to whey protein. I am not lactose intolerant. I understand that if it just was lactose intolerance i could take any isolate because isolate contain very small amounts of lactose. The reason I need hydrolyzed whey protein is because the hydrolyzed whey protein is broken down into peptides and is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than say regular isolate proteins.

Wasteland
01-13-09, 11:18 am
I am allergic to whey protein. I am not lactose intolerant. I understand that if it just was lactose intolerance i could take any isolate because isolate contain very small amounts of lactose. The reason I need hydrolyzed whey protein is because the hydrolyzed whey protein is broken down into peptides and is less likely to cause an allergic reaction than say regular isolate proteins.

You're allergic to whey protein, not lactose intolerant? Are you having issues with beta-lactoglobulin? It is pretty allergenic. One of the ther fractions in whey protein? Dairy in general?

Who told you that breaking down the chains into smaller peptides would be less likely to cause an allergic reaction, if you don't mind my asking?