PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

H8toSquat
01-13-09, 12:01 pm
Hi everyone,

i know there are heaps of threads like this but i want clean cut answers for myself as i am new at this!! I am a Aussie getting ready for footy season and i just need a few tips on diet and training.. let me give you the low down i am 94kg (207lbs) 180cm (5ft 8) and have abit of extra body fat i dont want, i know that your suppose to have 6 meals a day but i always have dramas choosing what to eat when??

My main goal is to cut fat and gain lean muscle cause i feel my size is big enough my training isnt the problem its my diet...

Can anyone help me out???

Thanks for your time guys

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 12:34 pm
Hey man how old are you? Also are you trying to cut up and be more vascular and defined, or are you just trying to get rid of the excess fat your saying you have? there is a few ways to go about it, just need some more answers so we all can help you out, but ultimately itll be what works best for you because everyone grows and works in different ways. we can just point you in the right direction.

H8toSquat
01-13-09, 12:37 pm
yeah i am 23 in feb and i wanna be more defined/cut if that helps

tkestu
01-13-09, 12:41 pm
how new are you talking here? I'm sure you prob at least know the fundamentals about protein shakes, lean meats, etc. If you do a search on the forvm, and I suggest u do just to get the greater spectrum of opinions, most people tend to tailor their meals around their nutrient macro ratio needs. While cutting most ppl, myself included, don't ingest carbs close to bedtime, some even after say 4pm. Personally I get my carbs with breakfast, then pre and post workout and not a lot after that. The rest of the meals would be protein shakes, lean meats, nuts, etc.

Do you know how many calories your taking in each day? Do you know how many you need to be in caloric deficit and thereby cut weight? Post some of these details and we'll be able to help you out in more detail bro.

Good luck

MonTanaMusCle
01-13-09, 12:42 pm
Hey brother welcome. . . First some stats would probably help BF% ,Current Routine, Current Diet etc. Second When you say football i'm guessing your talking soccer. I'm not sure how big you want to be for that sport, but 207 sounds pretty big. List your current diet and we can go from there.

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 12:49 pm
ok ok , well we can do our best and any input from anyone else is gonna be great too, so take what you like best and use it to your advantage. Your gonna want to have a good amount of energy still since its football season. So you still want a decent amount of carbs. but only rock out with complex carbs -- Oats, Whole Wheat, ETC. No bullshit sweets, that may be your down fall. Your best bet is also to try to do some cardio right when you wake up. You have been fasting for a good 8 hours or so, so this is prime time for weigth lose. Do about a half hour come home and get your first meal in :

Meal one - 6-8 eggs (2 being whole), 1 cup Oats, One Banana
Meal two - Whey Shake with one T of Almond Butter
Meal three - 10 oz tuna, 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 1 T Olive Oil (slows down digestion)
Meal four - Sweet Potato, 10 oz lean meat(turkey,tuna,beef,chicken), 1/2 cup Veg
Meal five - Same thing as meal four.
Meal Six after workout - Whey Shake with one Banana, and one T almond Butter
Meal Seven - 10oz lean meat(turkey,tuna,beef,chicken) 1/2 veg, 20 almonds.

This is an actual off season lean mass bulk diet for a bodybuilder. But in regards to you it will work just as effectively. Space them out evenly throughout the day. and youll do just fine brother.

tkestu
01-13-09, 12:54 pm
You have been fasting for a good 8 hours or so, so this is prime time for weigth lose. Do about a half hour come home and get your first meal in :

Since your body is in a catabolic state aren't you running the risk of losing muscle mass by doing cardio on an empty stomach? This is what I have read at least, so gimme your thoughts TREETRUNK. Otherwise very solid meal plan. I forgot the OP said it was soccer season so yeah still need plenty of carbs for sure.

H8toSquat
01-13-09, 1:06 pm
how new are you talking here? I'm sure you prob at least know the fundamentals about protein shakes, lean meats, etc. If you do a search on the forvm, and I suggest u do just to get the greater spectrum of opinions, most people tend to tailor their meals around their nutrient macro ratio needs. While cutting most ppl, myself included, don't ingest carbs close to bedtime, some even after say 4pm. Personally I get my carbs with breakfast, then pre and post workout and not a lot after that. The rest of the meals would be protein shakes, lean meats, nuts, etc.

Do you know how many calories your taking in each day? Do you know how many you need to be in caloric deficit and thereby cut weight? Post some of these details and we'll be able to help you out in more detail bro.

Good luck

I am not new like i have never been in a gym lol just new in the fundamentals of dieting, i have never been a person to count calories so i am learning as i go.

Hey brother welcome. . . First some stats would probably help BF% ,Current Routine, Current Diet etc. Second When you say football i'm guessing your talking soccer. I'm not sure how big you want to be for that sport, but 207 sounds pretty big. List your current diet and we can go from there.

Yeah my routine is abit all over the place atm cause i am working nights, also i play rugby league so at 207 i am average size..

ok ok , well we can do our best and any input from anyone else is gonna be great too, so take what you like best and use it to your advantage. Your gonna want to have a good amount of energy still since its football season. So you still want a decent amount of carbs. but only rock out with complex carbs -- Oats, Whole Wheat, ETC. No bullshit sweets, that may be your down fall. Your best bet is also to try to do some cardio right when you wake up. You have been fasting for a good 8 hours or so, so this is prime time for weigth lose. Do about a half hour come home and get your first meal in :

Meal three - 10 oz tuna, 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta, 1 T Olive Oil (slows down digestion)
Meal four - Sweet Potato, 10 oz lean meat(turkey,tuna,beef,chicken), 1/2 cup Veg

This is an actual off season lean mass bulk diet for a bodybuilder. But in regards to you it will work just as effectively. Space them out evenly throughout the day. and youll do just fine brother.

This sounds really good i will have to put it into action and see how it goes over the next month and keep you's posted

MonTanaMusCle
01-13-09, 1:15 pm

This I think is a perfect start !!!!

H8toSquat
01-13-09, 1:22 pm
I just wanna thank you guys for your input and i will keep you's updated on my progress

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 1:42 pm
Hey brother, as long as he keeps his heart rate at about 60% he wont lose much muscle mass. He will be doing enough cardio during football as it is, so he wont need to do much, but a slight warmup after fasting, he will be just ok. Good luck brother and keep us posted!!

Since your body is in a catabolic state aren't you running the risk of losing muscle mass by doing cardio on an empty stomach? This is what I have read at least, so gimme your thoughts TREETRUNK. Otherwise very solid meal plan. I forgot the OP said it was soccer season so yeah still need plenty of carbs for sure.

tkestu
01-13-09, 2:39 pm
thanks for the cardio info treetrunk.

Good luck bro, def keep us posted on how u do and how u like the new eatin'