PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice

phillip
01-14-09, 11:29 pm
Ive been trying to peak my biceps and pack on some quality size there. im achieving size wise but i wanna put a peak on them. any tips? also some good tri workouts. to round them out well.

TigerAce01
01-14-09, 11:45 pm
Use the search function

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11905

Little Z
01-14-09, 11:48 pm
10) Be On Point...
You're inspired... Yeah, great. But chances are, the thread you're gonna start or the question you're about to ask has already been posted here... Shit, and probably more than once. So do us a favor and use the search function. Trust us, we don't want to see another thread asking what music you listen to when you train or how much protein you should take... Understand? We also want you to pay attention to where you're posting. When you post in the wrong section, we gotta move that post and this will keep us from what we really want to do--contribute here on this forum. And we don't like that. Post appropriately.

not tryin to be a dick, but like rule 10 states, we hate seein the same things posted time and time again bro..

norrim1
01-15-09, 12:29 am
Ive been trying to peak my biceps and pack on some quality size there. im achieving size wise but i wanna put a peak on them. any tips? also some good tri workouts. to round them out well.

I know the search function can give people problems sometimes bro, but try to give it a few tries before you ask a question. If you need help with anything you can always shoot me or the other Watchmen a PM. In regards to your question, the idea of adding a peak to your biceps is mostly a myth. As much as some people would like to add some height to their biceps, it's pretty much purely genetic. Doesn't mean you can't make improvements and add some quality size. There are a few threads on this already and I provided a link. Read through them when you get a chance:

http://forum.animalpak.com/search.php?searchid=901768

mritter3
01-15-09, 4:38 pm
dude if you want those nice thick triceps you have do some heavy weighted dips and some heavy close grip bench press, as far as the biceps if definition is what you want focus on the squeeze at the top and do more reps with lower weight but with perfect form.

phillip
01-15-09, 6:46 pm
i apologize guys i was at work when i made that post and didnt think about the search function. i appreciate the feedback though.

redskin 344
01-15-09, 6:49 pm
IMO you should focus on big pull movements like rows and chins to get the hormones flowing then do concentration curls and bicep/hammer curls... but what do I know im only 17 and will be 18 on February

shizz702
01-15-09, 7:03 pm
You want bigger arms you need to focus on gaining overall size. Bodyparts don't just grow alone your whole body has to gain size as well. So focus on hitting your compound lifts hard and heavy, and for you biceps hit your curls heavy but use good strict form, and like another member said hit up the weighted dips and heavy presses for your triceps, skull crushers are good too.

redskin 344
01-15-09, 7:05 pm
You want bigger arms you need to focus on gaining overall size. Bodyparts don't just grow alone your whole body has to gain size as well. So focus on hitting your compound lifts hard and heavy, and for you biceps hit your curls heavy but use good strict form, and like another member said hit up the weighted dips and heavy presses for your triceps, skull crushers are good too.

x2

gotta get the foundational movements down first then do the little movements to tune things up a bit.

phillip
01-15-09, 7:56 pm
oh ya im not just a guy that wants a beach bod or whatever i train my full body hard just looking to alter a few things. always wanted that peak just never worked on it. i know it takes time a dedication. was just looking for a few tips

prowrestler
01-15-09, 7:59 pm
peak = mommy and daddys responcibilty.

if they forgot you wanted one...to bad. youll have to settle for un-peaked 20 inch guns...