PDA

View Full Version : GAIN Max: Mini-Review

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 11:45 am
So last week, I used the GAIN Max chocolate. I've been hearing some talk about it here and elsewhere, so I got SPR to hook me up. Glad I did. I'll start by saying my fav weight gainer flavor is Real Gains Strawberry. However, I will admit, the chocolate GAIN Max is superior, in my humble opinion, to the chocolate Real Gains. Creamier, and more cocoa flavor that I like. Lookin' over the formula, I saw it was diff too--used waxy maize and trehalose among other carbs sources. For protein, there was egg and WPH along with the WPC and caseinate--very nice touches. Got a nice 2:1 ratio of CHO:PRO. Dunno why I never considered this product, but know I know. Good stuff for anyone interested in packing in quality some liquid cals. In fact, I'm gonna mix me up a shake right now...

mritter3
01-15-09, 11:48 am
hey man thanks for the post was just about to order me some powder but i will def. give that a try the ingrediants sound great.

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 12:02 pm
hey man thanks for the post was just about to order me some powder but i will def. give that a try the ingrediants sound great.

Give it a shot. You may be surprised by how good it is. I was. Great profile, mixes easily and tastes great.

Giant Killer
01-15-09, 1:48 pm
I'm lovin' this stuff. I just cracked into my second tub yesterday.

I like to mix 2 scoops (1/2 serving) with 1 scoop plain Whey powder between meals.

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 1:49 pm
I'm lovin' this stuff. I just cracked into my second tub yesterday.

I like to mix 2 scoops (1/2 serving) with 1 scoop plain Whey powder between meals.

Sweet. I've been running it with cold tap water. Have you tried mixing it with milk?

Giant Killer
01-15-09, 1:54 pm
Sweet. I've been running it with cold tap water. Have you tried mixing it with milk?

Yeah it's even better with milk. Gives it that creamy chocolatey taste. I drink a big glass of milk with each whole food meal though, so I always mix my shakes up with H2O.

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 1:56 pm
Yeah it's even better with milk. Gives it that creamy chocolatey taste. I drink a big glass of milk with each whole food meal though, so I always mix my shakes up with H2O.

Thanks GK. I'm gonna run a shake later tonight. I'll add some whole milk and some malted powder. Yeah, malted shakes rock.

Giant Killer
01-15-09, 2:00 pm
Thanks GK. I'm gonna run a shake later tonight. I'll add some whole milk and some malted powder. Yeah, malted shakes rock.

Malted powder? What's the macros on that?

Universal Rep
01-15-09, 2:05 pm
Malted powder? What's the macros on that?

Never had it? Makes any chocolate shake taste better. It's usually a combo of wheat flour, non-diastatic malt flour, and powdered milk. Ovaltine is a malted product. I use Carnation as its good 'n cheap. Per 3 tablespoons, 90 cals, 2g fat, 15g carbs and 2g protein. Might not be good on a cut, but on a bulk or in a weight gainer, I heap it in, hahaha... To the regular dose of GAIN Max (653 cals), I can add in up to an extra 180 cals, no problem. And tha'ts not even including whole milk. Give it a shot and tell me what ya think GK.

GJN5002
01-15-09, 2:42 pm
I def like the carb profile of gain max more than real gains. malto and waxy as opposed to straight malto.

Universal Rep
01-16-09, 1:29 pm
I def like the carb profile of gain max more than real gains. malto and waxy as opposed to straight malto.

Def a nice change of pace.