PDA

View Full Version : Change is mine in 2009 - Staying Focused

Hoffdogg
01-15-09, 1:43 pm
2009 has brought upon changes for me, some long needed to be made and some unexpected. I have had my time to be surprised/sad/mad, so now it's time to take control and focus on moving forward. I am taking this as a kick in the ass to do the things I have put off, or was too nervous to venture into. I am on my own now with no one to blame but myself.

Focused in the gym set goals and smash them
Focused on a better career in something I love
Focused on being a better person to everyone I come into contact with

There will be down days I have no doubt, but fuck if life were easy....that would be boring.

Follow me

simpleguy
01-15-09, 1:52 pm
I'll be following along for sure bro

Hollow
01-15-09, 1:54 pm
Great to see you've got another journey on the go. Sub'd!

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 2:06 pm
Long time coming...

This hour is yours bro.

Hg

Hoffdogg
01-15-09, 7:17 pm
Thanks guys. I had a couple workouts this week that I will post. Still getting back in the groove, new logbook...new day. Yes Hoom I still have the YM, but haven't used it as much lately. I got a new Gourd and Bombilla though, graduated from my starter kit...LOL!

Tuesday - Chest/Tri
DB Bench - 2setsx12 warmups 10, 10, 8, 7 progressed to 90lb
Incline BB Bench - 4 sets 10, 10, 8, 7 Set weight(Able to use BB with partner to spot now)
Machine Flyes - 4 sets of 10 slow and controlled.
Tri Pushdowns - 5 sets progressing weight up

Cardio - 20 min elliptical

Wednesday - Back/Bi
DB Row - 2sets warm up the 4 sets to 100lb
Low Row - 4 sets progressive
Lat Pull - 4 sets progressive
T-Bars - 3 sets same weight
DB Curls - 5 sets 35-45lb

Cardio - 20 min elliptical

Hoomgar
01-16-09, 2:36 pm
Good to see you getting back to it Hoffdogg...

Hollow
01-16-09, 3:07 pm
Solid return Hoffdogg!

Firedrake
01-16-09, 7:14 pm
Good looking start to the year, brother! Count me in for the ride!

Phoenix Rising
01-16-09, 11:34 pm
Hell yeah I am along for the ride. Let me know if you ever need a stand in co-pilot along the way.

Hoffdogg
01-17-09, 1:51 pm
Thanks everyone, I promise to take the time very soon to get to everyone's Journeys and check in. Amazing how busy I am even without working.

Friday was a catch all day for me. I typically hit the gym by 6A but couldn't get up (no sleep that night...mind racing). So I missed my partner, but got my ass in there at 830A.

Always warm good before.....
Shoulders
Seated DB Press - 4 sets progressto 60's
Seated Rear Delt - 4 sets 30lb
Seated Side Laterals - 4 sets 25lb controlled
Upright Row - 4 sets to 95lb

BB Shrugs - 5 sets 225llb then a killer drop set

Arms
Superset:
Skull Crushers - 4 sets to 85lb
DB Curls Standing - 4 sets to 50lb

Superset:
Seated DB Overhead - 3 sets 80lb
BB Curl - 3 sets 80lb

Random workout for me but damn I felt good. Just taking my time getting back on track now focusing on the exercises.

Still getting used to the new gym, more people and finding all the things I typically use. I am anxious to try some new things there like the Hammer Strength machines for a change up.

Pizzalamp
01-17-09, 7:56 pm
subbd!

Hollow
01-17-09, 11:00 pm
Looks like you are on a roll Hoffdogg! Good to see the super sets are back!

simpleguy
01-18-09, 6:38 am
Thanks everyone, I promise to take the time very soon to get to everyone's Journeys and check in. Amazing how busy I am even without working.

Friday was a catch all day for me. I typically hit the gym by 6A but couldn't get up (no sleep that night...mind racing). So I missed my partner, but got my ass in there at 830A.

Always warm good before.....
Shoulders
Seated DB Press - 4 sets progressto 60's
Seated Rear Delt - 4 sets 30lb
Seated Side Laterals - 4 sets 25lb controlled
Upright Row - 4 sets to 95lb

BB Shrugs - 5 sets 225llb then a killer drop set

Arms
Superset:
Skull Crushers - 4 sets to 85lb
DB Curls Standing - 4 sets to 50lb

Superset:
Seated DB Overhead - 3 sets 80lb
BB Curl - 3 sets 80lb

Random workout for me but damn I felt good. Just taking my time getting back on track now focusing on the exercises.

Still getting used to the new gym, more people and finding all the things I typically use. I am anxious to try some new things there like the Hammer Strength machines for a change up.

very nice workout Hoffdogg, must be pretty exciting in the new gym

Hoffdogg
01-20-09, 2:46 pm
subbd!Dude good to see you!

Looks like you are on a roll Hoffdogg! Good to see the super sets are back!Always supersets....

very nice workout Hoffdogg, must be pretty exciting in the new gymThanks, yea I really like the new spot.

Chest/Tri/Cardio
DB Bench - 4 work sets to 105lb (last gym only went to 100)
Incline Bench - 4 sets 155
Superst: Tri Pushdown - 4 sets to 120 AND Machine Flye - 4 sets to 170
Superset: DB Incline Flye - 25lb 3 sets for stretch AND Skullcrushers - 3 sets 80lb

Elliptical - 20min

Hollow
01-20-09, 2:58 pm
Great looking work out Hoffdogg! Damn, pressing 105's...impressive!

C.Coronato
01-20-09, 3:04 pm
Looking good brother. Im on for the ride.

C.Coronato
01-20-09, 3:04 pm
There will be down days I have no doubt, but fuck if life were easy....that would be boring.

Follow me

and AMEN to this brother.

Hoomgar
01-20-09, 3:13 pm
Nice pressing bro. 105's eh? Sweet :)

Going to go do chest myself here in about 2 hours. No 105's just yet though...

Hg

Hoffdogg
01-21-09, 11:48 am
Great looking work out Hoffdogg! Damn, pressing 105's...impressive!Yea I have been wanting to get over those 100's. 3 reps was all but damn it feels good to hit a goal.

Looking good brother. Im on for the ride.Welcome aboard.

Nice pressing bro. 105's eh? Sweet :)

Going to go do chest myself here in about 2 hours. No 105's just yet though...

HgYou will have an impressive workout I am sure, the 105's was just a thing I had to do.

Back/Bi/Cardio
Lat Pulls Wide - 4 sets to 150
Low Row - 4 sets to 170
BB Row - 3 sets @ 185
DB Row - 4 sets to..yes...105 lol

BB Curl - 4 sets @ 90

Superset: DB Curl 3 sets to 45 AND Pinwheel Curls - 4 sets same weight...no stopping. Went from curl to pinwheel.

Not bad this morning, I am feeling stronger again now that my diet is back on track again and I am making it to the gym on a regular basis again.

Hoomgar
01-21-09, 12:21 pm
YBack/Bi/Cardio
Lat Pulls Wide - 4 sets to 150
Low Row - 4 sets to 170
BB Row - 3 sets @ 185
DB Row - 4 sets to..yes...105 lol

BB Curl - 4 sets @ 90

Superset: DB Curl 3 sets to 45 AND Pinwheel Curls - 4 sets same weight...no stopping. Went from curl to pinwheel.

Not bad this morning, I am feeling stronger again now that my diet is back on track again and I am making it to the gym on a regular basis again.

Nice! Thats the deal bro. How does it feel getting back on track man? You know you love the post-wo pain, it's been waiting for you :)

Hg

Hollow
01-21-09, 1:39 pm
Outstanding session Hoffdogg! Good to hear your diet is on track now.

Malloy1344
01-23-09, 9:27 am
Looking good Sean. I'll be following for sure.

Hoffdogg
01-23-09, 11:20 am
Another short week, 3 days on again this week with the new training partner. It's working out pretty good. Next week we are on a 4 day split. We were there too long today..trying to get the time down with 2 of us.

DB Press - 4 sets to 80x5
DB Side Lateral - 4 sets to 30x8 ( I do these seated, no body english)
DB Rear Seated - 4 sets @ 35lb
BB Shrugs - 5 sets to 275x8 (burned out with 45lb plates after last set...about 27 reps)

Superset
CGBP - 4 sets to 195x6
BB Curl - 4 sets @ 70lb

Superset
DB Overhead Seated - 3 sets to 95x7
EZ Bar Curl - 3 sets @ 90lb

Time to eat I am damn hungry!!!

Hollow
01-23-09, 11:25 am
Great workout Hoffdogg! Your biceps/triceps must have been fried after those super sets!

Eat up!

Hoffdogg
01-23-09, 12:03 pm
http://i39.tinypic.com/29cxbgp.jpg

So I thought I would share. I basically took the past months "off" while I was going through some things. I was still in the gym but is was hit and miss at times. I went off everything but Pak. While that was going on though I was amassing riches...LOL...as seen in the pic.

In the background not pictured is some Glutamin, BCAA and WMS.

Oh and that is just the front...the cupboard runs deep..haha

Hoffdogg
02-09-09, 7:02 pm
Shoulder presses...85lbs...3rd rep...dislocated shoulder. Actually saw it happen in the mirror. Hurt like hell.

Hoomgar
02-10-09, 10:52 am
Shoulder presses...85lbs...3rd rep...dislocated shoulder. Actually saw it happen in the mirror. Hurt like hell.

Ahh! Hurts thinking about it! You pop it back in bro or is this one going to be a trip to the doc?

Hollow
02-10-09, 10:58 am
Ahh! Hurts thinking about it! You pop it back in bro or is this one going to be a trip to the doc?

X2! Cringing just thinking about it.

Hoffdogg
02-10-09, 12:13 pm

X2! Cringing just thinking about it.I almost got it back in myself but it was just hurting too bad and no one would help. So ended up at the emergency room. Only good thing about that is the good drugs...LOL!!

Worst thing was seeing it, I see it now sometimes as I fall asleep....*shiver*

Hoomgar
02-10-09, 12:22 pm
I almost got it back in myself but it was just hurting too bad and no one would help. So ended up at the emergency room. Only good thing about that is the good drugs...LOL!!

Worst thing was seeing it, I see it now sometimes as I fall asleep....*shiver*

Take care of that bro. Don't need anything in there getting torn man.

Hollow
02-10-09, 8:49 pm
Take care of that bro. Don't need anything in there getting torn man.

X2! Wishing you a speedy and healthy recover.

Phoenix Rising
02-17-09, 1:43 am
OUCH! Get better soon!

Hollow
02-20-09, 2:53 pm
How's the shoulder doing Hoffdogg?

Hoomgar
02-20-09, 4:57 pm
How's the shoulder doing Hoffdogg?

x2, inquiring minds want to know how you are doing bro? Give us a holla...

Hg

Pizzalamp
02-21-09, 11:12 pm
hope all is well

Firedrake
02-22-09, 12:11 am
You okay? Check back in, bro! We're worried about that shoulder!

Lethal_Banana
03-18-09, 3:30 pm
Finally stumbled across your new journey Hoff, and now you haven't been posting for a few weeks! Grr! Let us know what's happening with you and your shoulder man :)

Cheers,
LB

Hollow
03-18-09, 3:31 pm
Finally stumbled across your new journey Hoff, and now you haven't been posting for a few weeks! Grr! Let us know what's happening with you and your shoulder man :)

Cheers,
LB

X2! I hope the shoulder is doing well.

Hoomgar
03-18-09, 4:55 pm
Hey look, someone woke up HoffDogg's thread :)

HD! Where you at homie?

Hoomgar
09-23-09, 9:02 am
Hoffdogg, whats good bro? Hope all is well with you? Just stopping by to let a brother know he is not forgotten. Miss you homie. You still drinking the Yerba Mate?

Hg

Hollow
09-23-09, 2:48 pm
Hoffdogg, whats good bro? Hope all is well with you? Just stopping by to let a brother know he is not forgotten. Miss you homie. You still drinking the Yerba Mate?

Hg

X2! I hope all is going well with yourself.