PDA

View Full Version : my muscles are really hot (temperature)

envy425
01-16-09, 12:43 am
im visiting my mom and step dad, me and him went to the gym. and he is a pretty hardcore lifter so he trained me realllly well. we did some bicep and back work. i still cant fully extend my arms without squinting 3 days later. but when i took a nap today i had my arms under the blanket and my head was above the blanket on the couch. when i woke up my bicep touched my forehead and it was rediculously hot.

he tells me it means my muscles are healing but he didnt give me any type of technical explination. anyone on here know why that happens?

MetalAsh12
01-16-09, 1:22 am
Bloodflow is increased to the traumatized area in order to allow the blood-born amino acids/proteins opportunity to repair the damaged fibers. The extra heat you feel is from the increased blood flow. Nothing to worry about.

C.Coronato
01-16-09, 10:56 am
it means you worked really fuckin hard and you did well. train with him more, thats my 2 cents.

Aggression
01-16-09, 10:57 am
it means you worked really fuckin hard and you did well. train with him more, thats my 2 cents.

x2

envy425
01-16-09, 1:11 pm
wish i could train with him more, im visiting with my family until saturday then back to new york.

rhane
01-19-09, 10:09 am
I'll tell you what it is. You ever get a fat lip and notice how it gets warm? It's inflammation, serious inflammation. You've got all your histamines, white cells, and everything else you can think of making their temporary housing in your biceps. It's no big deal, but inflammation causes heat production - its just the way it is.

mritter3
01-19-09, 10:39 am
its due to the blood flow to the torn down muscles, and the inflammation that it causes believe the heat is good.