PDA

View Full Version : Iowa (Des Moines) Animals

xMATT182x
01-16-09, 3:15 am
Hey guys, anyone want to get in on an ABC club In Des Moines? Message me if your interested, I like to kick start one and get it going!

naturalguy
01-16-09, 10:10 am
Good to see Des Moines going up on the map. Let me know if we can help you get the chapter started.

xMATT182x
01-16-09, 8:16 pm
thanks man I appreciate it much.

xMATT182x
01-23-09, 6:46 am
Natural guy, I'm having a hard time finding anyone to start and ABC with me here in Des Moines. If you know anyone interested or can help in any way i'd greatly appreciate it.

naturalguy
01-23-09, 9:16 am
Natural guy, I'm having a hard time finding anyone to start and ABC with me here in Des Moines. If you know anyone interested or can help in any way i'd greatly appreciate it.

Have you found an appropriate gym?

shortstack
01-23-09, 9:39 am
Here's a few leads for you. These guys aren't in Des Monies but they are closer to you than to CR. Just look up their screen names and shoot them a PM and see if they are interested.

darkov
vishus - I think he may be in Ames
histo55

There is a good start. Our branch started with my self and Sam so keep the faith bro.

Let me know if i can help...and if you get some guys together maybe i can gather up the guys and make a trip for the first ABC that you have.

shortstack

xMATT182x
01-24-09, 1:36 am
I haven't selected the best gym yet I was waiting to see if anyone else messaged the board, i'll shoot those guys a message and see if they're interested and let you guys know what happens. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it.

xMATT182x
04-20-09, 1:45 am
Good news! I got at least one if not two guys to start up this chapter with me. Our date has not been set in stone but the gym has been selected. The gym is Accell Fitness in Ankeny, Iowa. Not the most iron lovers dream but it's damn nice and will do the job well. I'll keep ya posted as it develops. I'll get on them to sign up onto the forum as well.

xMATT182x
04-21-09, 7:42 am
My brother and two of my close friends are in. We're figuring out the date and we're gona tear it up. Anyone else in the area is more then welcome to join, just hit me up.

shortstack
04-21-09, 2:22 pm
Glad to see you got it going. Did you get a hold of any of the other guys I listed in the thread? If not I'm sure you'll grow just fine.

Def let us know when you are planning the first meet and we will try and make it to support you guys.

Also, let Naturalguy know if you need anything, he's a great resource and a great guy.

We'll keep an eye on you guys and hope that you out grow us guys over here.haha

Shortstack

xMATT182x
04-22-09, 1:51 am
Glad to see you got it going. Did you get a hold of any of the other guys I listed in the thread? If not I'm sure you'll grow just fine.

Def let us know when you are planning the first meet and we will try and make it to support you guys.

Also, let Naturalguy know if you need anything, he's a great resource and a great guy.

We'll keep an eye on you guys and hope that you out grow us guys over here.haha

Shortstack

Thanks man I appreciate all the all the help you have given and will let you know what happens. Our first meeting will be in the first week of May so I'll post pics and keep everyone updated. Again to Shortstack and Natural guy thanks for the help and support.

xMATT182x
04-26-09, 2:10 am
Larsen what day works best for you? I'm game for any day. We need to tear up the iron.

onespot
04-26-09, 2:44 am
Wed., Thurs., and Fri. mornings work the best for me, but Mon. and Tues. are also doable

xMATT182x
04-26-09, 2:48 am
Ok cool, i'll check with chapman and see what works best for him too and figure out what sounds good.

onespot
04-26-09, 4:58 am
Sweet deal

Big K
04-26-09, 5:47 am
Im am game lets shoot for fridays

xMATT182x
04-26-09, 5:58 am
Ok sweet, our first meet we'll officially be on friday morning on May first. Lets get some!

Big K
04-26-09, 8:19 am
out of curiousity what will we be doing are first meet. Stupid question I know

xMATT182x
04-26-09, 8:36 am
I vote shoulders..mwa ahaha devastating.

Big K
04-26-09, 8:44 am
sounds great to me, LETS GET RIPPED!! we shall become what we feared....MONSTERS

onespot
04-26-09, 12:32 pm
hell yes...Shoulders!

Big K
04-27-09, 1:26 am
Shoulders it shall be then haha

"And we all shall become what we fear........Monsters" Unknown

xMATT182x
04-27-09, 1:44 am
awesome, i'm stoked for some dumbbell shoulder presses myself.

shortstack
04-27-09, 6:33 am
NIce job getting the first meet off the ground. May might be a tough month for me to head over to DM and hook up with you guys but if you think a Saturday in June might work, let me know and I'll see who I can get to go with me.

Nice job again guys.

Shortstack

xMATT182x
04-27-09, 6:48 am
NIce job getting the first meet off the ground. May might be a tough month for me to head over to DM and hook up with you guys but if you think a Saturday in June might work, let me know and I'll see who I can get to go with me.

Nice job again guys.

Shortstack

For sure man, throw some dates out in June and we'll do our best to make it happen. Thanks for all the help, it was greatly appreciated.

shortstack
04-27-09, 11:18 am
No problem Brother. Get a hold of Natural guy and see if he can send you some samples to kick off the new branch. Be sure to also post up those pics once you guys get together.

I'll hopefully see you guys very soon. It would be best to have it either the 6, 13, or 20th, the end of the month will be busy for me. Let me know and I'll get a hold of the guys here and see if they can mke it.

Shortstack

Big K
04-27-09, 11:47 am
Well guys today is the start of change. Its time to change me. Thanks to matt for getti g me going again and it will be good to have buddies that i can count on to keep me on track. Thanks everybody

xMATT182x
04-28-09, 1:22 am
Well guys today is the start of change. Its time to change me. Thanks to matt for getti g me going again and it will be good to have buddies that i can count on to keep me on track. Thanks everybody

Anytime man, this is what we are all about here. It's a brotherhood and we're always looking to help out however we can.

xMATT182x
04-28-09, 1:31 am
No problem Brother. Get a hold of Natural guy and see if he can send you some samples to kick off the new branch. Be sure to also post up those pics once you guys get together.

I'll hopefully see you guys very soon. It would be best to have it either the 6, 13, or 20th, the end of the month will be busy for me. Let me know and I'll get a hold of the guys here and see if they can mke it.

Shortstack

Ok i'll check with the guys for those dates. We all work nights so it may be a little tough but we'll figure it out. I I/M'd Natural Guy so he know's whats up too for our first meet.

Big K
04-28-09, 8:18 am
Woo day 2 of the Change and so far so good.. Had a couple of close calls last night trying to avoid the garbage and managed. Its tough i will admit and i have yet to start the massive climb to a better me.. Its all one step at a time and cant wait till it all pays off for me. I know it is only day 2 but i have a good feeling already

onespot
04-28-09, 2:27 pm
Don't worry bud, we'll fry you nice and good...and then have you come back for some more :-)

xMATT182x
04-29-09, 12:58 am
Don't worry bud, we'll fry you nice and good...and then have you come back for some more :-)

I agree, we shall destroy you and help you rebuild.

Big K
04-30-09, 7:41 pm
Good rebuild me, bigger stronger faster. Ive started to break my body down. Im ready for this

Big K
05-01-09, 7:59 am
Gentlemen I am sad to say I will not be able to make it to our first meeting. I will however manage to workout today back home and will work myself to till there is no workout left in me. I hope everything goes well today and wish to hear about it.. I would much rather do what we had planned rather than what I will be doing.

xMATT182x
05-01-09, 8:10 pm
We held our first meeting today and destroyed our shoulders. Myself, onespot, big K and greenfield who has not signed up yet all showed and there are actually possible future members in the mix. Feels great to get it going and share the experience with brothers in iron. Onespot will be posting the pics as soon as he gets them uploaded and we'll share the fun.

Big K
05-02-09, 1:54 am
Our first meeting was without a doubt nothing short of great. My shoulders feel good and I havent felt that good in along time. It feels good to destroy what I had and to raise a temple in its place

onespot
05-02-09, 9:56 am
Here are the pics:
http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/nlarsen7/Animal%20ABC%20meeting%201/

Great lift...hit my personal best in shrugs

xMATT182x
05-03-09, 2:15 am
It was a hell of a good workout. I'm amazed at how easy I put up those 60s on military press. I feel 80s coming soon. You dominated the shrugs yourself, I see 4 plates on each side in no time.

Big K
05-03-09, 6:04 am
IT was a great work out. I have a feeling in no time i willl be rebuilt.. Thanks brothers for getting me giong again

xMATT182x
05-03-09, 6:20 am
IT was a great work out. I have a feeling in no time i willl be rebuilt.. Thanks brothers for getting me giong again

anytime dude, it's well worth it.

onespot
05-03-09, 7:46 am
I think I am gonna do back/legs tomorrow morning if anyone is in...

xMATT182x
05-03-09, 8:05 am
I think I am gonna do back/legs tomorrow morning if anyone is in...

Alright I might be able to make it, if not i'm sure hanig will get in on it with ya. Take him under your wing haha.

onespot
05-03-09, 8:20 am
always...that's what we're here for

fatbackgoal
05-03-09, 10:05 am
Glad to hear you all were able to get together. IAnimals now have two factions up and running. We will need to get the eastern group on a roadtrip to DM very soon.

Good stuff guys!!

xMATT182x
05-04-09, 1:07 am
Glad to hear you all were able to get together. IAnimals now have two factions up and running. We will need to get the eastern group on a roadtrip to DM very soon.

Good stuff guys!!

Thanks man I greatly appreciate all the support that came from your guys' chapter. We will definately have to get together soon and hit the iron as a group. The Des Moines crew will be ready whenever your chapter is. I'm stoked for the future to come.

Big K
05-05-09, 9:15 pm
Hey guys some bad new I wont be lifting for a couple days I fell off a tractor earlier to day and have a small fracture in one of my virtibra (however you spell that lol)

onespot
05-06-09, 5:24 am
Hey guys some bad new I wont be lifting for a couple days I fell off a tractor earlier to day and have a small fracture in one of my virtibra (however you spell that lol)

A couple of days? That's dedication man. Take all the time you need to heal, we aren't going anywhere...

xMATT182x
05-06-09, 6:23 am

Better safe then sorry big guy, take all the time you need, we'll be here.

Big K
05-09-09, 1:41 am
Yea it will most likely be couple of weeks before any lifting is done. I hate not working out it driving me nuts.

Big K
05-12-09, 2:06 am
Hey guys one week before I will be back to lifting.. Can not wait

xMATT182x
05-12-09, 2:29 am
Hey guys one week before I will be back to lifting.. Can not wait

sweet deal big guy thats great news.

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 12:07 pm
Feel better Big K. Hows everyone else in here? Any news on any ABCs going on?

fatbackgoal
05-14-09, 5:05 pm
How would everyone feel about a IAnimal ABC in DM?

C.Coronato
05-14-09, 5:15 pm
Do it up fatbackgoal. You know how the deal is and how we do things around here .. let me know if you need any help man.

Big K
05-15-09, 1:38 am
Hey guys great news, as of Monday I will be back to 100% my muscles are burning to get back to lifting. Man I cant wait, Its going to feel glorious!

C.Coronato
05-15-09, 9:17 am
Big K. Glad your feeling better brother man. Do work.

xMATT182x
05-15-09, 3:26 pm
Hey guys, thanks for the support! Hell yea we'd be up for that fatbackgoal. We can't wait to have both abc's under one roof rockin out. Let us know when and we'll make some plans.

shortstack
05-15-09, 4:34 pm
Find a date and we'll set it up. You DM Animals see if your gym can handle a group of animals coming in and prices for the day and we'll be there.

Were having an ABC tomorrow in Cedar Falls and all the guys are buzzing about figuring out a date we can head West to see you guys.

Some time in June or July would be great.

We'll let you know what we come up with Brothers,

Shortstack

xMATT182x
05-16-09, 4:41 am
Find a date and we'll set it up. You DM Animals see if your gym can handle a group of animals coming in and prices for the day and we'll be there.

Were having an ABC tomorrow in Cedar Falls and all the guys are buzzing about figuring out a date we can head West to see you guys.

Some time in June or July would be great.

We'll let you know what we come up with Brothers,

Shortstack

Alright sounds good, Larsen, Hanig any dates work best for you guys. I've availible whenever you guys are.

Big K
05-16-09, 6:04 am
Anyday works for me..

xMATT182x
05-16-09, 9:38 pm
Alright lets aim for the 19th or the 20th of june then, i'll figure whats up with my gym and see if I can host it there.

C.Coronato
05-18-09, 9:48 am
Sounds good Matt. Hit me up if you guys need help with anything. Ill be working with G to help keeping everything moving.

shortstack
05-18-09, 1:38 pm
At our end of the state we were talking about the 25th of July as a date for us to drive over and hit up a state wide ABC. Let us know if you guys think that will work.

The other guys talked about making a weekend of it and staying over on Saturday night and leaving on Sunday. As my wife will be about at the 6 month mark with out baby, I have no idea what I will do but defenitally will hit up some food after the meet.

Le us know where you guys workout, what the daily w/o fee is and what the facility is like, showers, lockers, etc.,etc.

Talk to you guys soon.

Shortstack

xMATT182x
05-19-09, 1:15 am
As of right now that date is workable for all of us. I just need to confirm costs with my gym and see if any other gyms may be in option. Unfortunely my gym has changed there hours and they close at 6 on sat nights. A little odd and very inconveinent. I will look into these issues asap and get back to you shortstack.

Keep me posted with what you guys are up for doing. The boys and I down here are up for anything really.

xMATT182x
05-24-09, 1:30 pm
Hey guys,

So we've all came to the day that can all make it, what do we suggest for a workout? Larsen and I spoke and believe that a killer back workout is right for occasion. Voice in and we'll make it happen.

Big K
05-27-09, 1:49 am
I am feeling a devastating back work out and I am all game for it lets do it

onespot
05-27-09, 4:34 am
I don't know about you guys, but I might try to hit chest along with back. Just so you guys know, incase you want to hit it with me :-)

xMATT182x
05-30-09, 6:22 am
That was a great workout guys. We all hit it hard and hopefully hanig's back doesn't keep acting up but thats something he will have to watch. Next time we need to remember to take the camera, I had a brain fart and forgot to remind larsen. Damned women and the way they cloud our heads!

I'm sure I'll be sore for awhile from those T-bar rows, that was a great feeling for me to rack on 4 plates.

C.Coronato
06-01-09, 11:04 am
Damn no pics then? Oh well, hope it was a good one fellas. You guys get some grub afterwards?

onespot
06-01-09, 8:36 pm
I had to skip the grub with the rest of them because I had wedding stuff that I had to tend to for a buddy. Matt introduced me to a couple of back exercises I hadn't tried out before. Good stuff for sure.I even hit a persoanl best on my bench press. It seems like when we can all get together I up the ante of my lifts. I like being able to push myself as well as the rest of these fellas.

xMATT182x
06-02-09, 1:48 am
Thats why we do it man, we all work harder and push each other. Next workout will be better then this one.

xMATT182x
06-02-09, 1:49 am
Damn no pics then? Oh well, hope it was a good one fellas. You guys get some grub afterwards?

I know dude it was a bummer, we'll be sure to get um next time, that was my f*ck up for sure.

C.Coronato
06-02-09, 11:22 am
No worries Matt. Was it a good time?

xMATT182x
06-03-09, 1:47 am
It was awesome, we hit personal bests and we had a lot of fun. Onespot and Big K looked at me after doing t-bar rows and said " This is why your the coordinator, jesus man." Haha it was good times! Congrats by the way on the promotion man, you seem to be a great man for the job.

Big K
06-08-09, 5:15 am
Yea it was an insane day lifting last week. And matt is an animal and that why he leads the rest of us animals

shortstack
06-09-09, 5:13 pm
Hey guys. I'm trying to get something together for both our clubs. The 27th of June seems to be out but I was wondering when you thought you guys might be able to make a meet?

Jesup may be the best place for us as the place I go to is too expensive, $15 for a day pass. For the $1 Rex charges you can put that extra $14 in the gas tank and drive to Jesup.

Anyway, let me know what you guys can do and we'll figure it out.

Thanks guys,

Shortstack

C.Coronato
06-16-09, 4:12 pm
Hey guys were are trying to push the ABC movement even further. Coordinators : Please insert your ABC chapter into your signature, quote this thread and add it just as it is.

Iowa(Des Moines) ABC (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=23035)

Anyone else in the chapter is more than welcome to add this as well to help further promote the movement. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks fellas.

shortstack
06-25-09, 10:50 am
What's up Des Moines?

Hey I need you guys to post up in the other Iowa thread your names if you going to be able to make it. TTL is working on getting us some samples and we need a head count.

Just copy and paste the list with your name.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and pushing some weight around with ya.

Shortstack

xMATT182x
06-25-09, 10:48 pm
What's up Des Moines?

Hey I need you guys to post up in the other Iowa thread your names if you going to be able to make it. TTL is working on getting us some samples and we need a head count.

Just copy and paste the list with your name.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and pushing some weight around with ya.

Shortstack

Sounds like a plan man, I'll be right on this. Kudos to TTL, you're the man.

xMATT182x
06-28-09, 6:49 am
Gentleman are we agreed upon this friday morning for our next meet day? Larsen and I agree on shoulders and Hanig I think you're on board. Lets make it official and take role.

Big K
07-03-09, 5:39 am
I am on bored Matt. Lets destroy some Delts

xMATT182x
07-04-09, 8:40 pm
That was an awesome lifting session gentelman, I know I woke and felt it my my shoulders. Larsen I think I may have you hooked and standing shoulder press now.

onespot
07-05-09, 2:34 am
Heck ya man...those things are killer. It was a great session, and I felt fantastic when I woke up.

Big K
07-06-09, 4:17 am
I Third that motion. My shoulders feel awesome. and I got the pics uploaded today

C.Coronato
07-06-09, 9:27 am
Where are they??

xMATT182x
07-07-09, 1:12 am
I'll double check and get um ttl.

Big K
07-07-09, 2:35 am
hey matt have you got the pictures if you want i can get you a copy of them on a flash drive

C.Coronato
07-07-09, 9:26 am
I'll double check and get um ttl.

Thanks bro. Im interested to see

onespot
07-15-09, 7:18 pm
here are the pics from our ABC 3

http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/nlarsen7/ABC%20Meeting%203/

C.Coronato
07-16-09, 10:48 am
Good shit pics look great. Im diggin the selfmade Animal Tank, looks real good.

onespot
07-16-09, 9:32 pm
thank you good sir...hopefully we can keep this up and make the ABC movement proud

C.Coronato
07-17-09, 11:12 am
Your already doing it justice my friend. Keep setting dates aside and doing it, thats all brother.

G Diesel
07-17-09, 11:25 am
Looks like a solid gathering fellas... Good to see you guys hitting it hard.

Make sure you start a thread in The Gallery, so you can share your pics with the rest of the ABC nation.

Peace, G

Aggression
07-17-09, 12:12 pm
Lookin' good guys. I dig the dumbbells; reminds me of my old high school gym.

xMATT182x
07-17-09, 7:50 pm
Thanks guys we're doing our best and busting our asses. I'm still working with shortstack to get a join one all set up. It's gonna be brutal.

onespot
08-01-09, 7:53 am
So we are set to lift this Friday. What do you say we hit up a chest/tri's day?

xMATT182x
08-02-09, 12:54 am
I'm game brother, we'll let hanig know and we'll tear it up.

xMATT182x
08-15-09, 1:03 am
Well after two road blocks the last two fridays that we wanted to hit the weights, we're gonna try for next friday morning and destroy anything that apposes our chosen path.

onespot
08-15-09, 3:45 am
Which means I will destroy you! :-) It was sad that we couldn't get together this morning, but I hit the chest and tris extra hard for you guys. I am feeling the pain and tightness...it's awesome. Next Friday, no excuses. For all the times you tore me up, I will repay the favor. Bring on the pain!

onespot
08-21-09, 9:50 pm
here are the pics from this mornings ABC: http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu126/nlarsen7/ABC%20Meeting%204/

And for the record, I did hit 315 for 1 rep on my last set. I messed my shoulder up over a month ago, and this is the first time I have hit that weight in at least 5 weeks. It was a great session...I look foward to these meetings everytime we get on set up.

xMATT182x
08-21-09, 11:33 pm
It was a great day dude. I can't believe the weight I was throwing up for my second workout of the day. Just goes to show that we motivate the hell out of eachother. The future holds good things.

xMATT182x
09-28-09, 8:45 am
Bringin the hate to accell fitness in Ankeny.

C.Coronato
10-07-09, 3:46 pm
I know this is a little far, but figured i would throw it out there:

Check this thread out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27969

Rcrott1 is putting together a big multi-state ABC, for either a Saturday or Sunday in November.

This would be in New Buffalo, MI, so it would be a few hours drive. If a bunch of you go it could be a nice carpool, i know some other guys from Ohio are making the long trip.

Hit up that thread for more info, and post up your thoughts in there.

fatbackgoal
10-09-09, 9:02 pm
We have a new member in the IAnimal community as Jeremy and Vanessa welcomed Allyson last night. Everyone is doing fine.

xMATT182x
10-13-09, 10:41 am
I know this is a little far, but figured i would throw it out there:

Check this thread out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27969

Rcrott1 is putting together a big multi-state ABC, for either a Saturday or Sunday in November.

This would be in New Buffalo, MI, so it would be a few hours drive. If a bunch of you go it could be a nice carpool, i know some other guys from Ohio are making the long trip.

Hit up that thread for more info, and post up your thoughts in there.

This sounds like a great time to support the ABCs. I'll check with with Nick and see if we can get any time off TTL.

xMATT182x
10-13-09, 10:42 am
We have a new member in the IAnimal community as Jeremy and Vanessa welcomed Allyson last night. Everyone is doing fine.

Thats awesome! Glad to hear shes happy and healthy.

xMATT182x
11-24-09, 1:32 am
We held our ABC meet last friday and it went very nicely. Onespot had pulled a muscle in his serratus and we held the meet off for two weeks while he rested up. Big K has been too busy helping with harvest and getting things done before the weather gets nasty here so he's been on little bit of a leave. I have a few others who are considering joining the Des Moines ABC and are working out their schedules. I'll keep everyone posted and informed. Pics will also be up soon!

fatbackgoal
11-24-09, 7:38 am
Good to see you were able to have a get together. We will need to work on getting the entire IAnimals together.

xMATT182x
01-03-10, 5:23 am
Had a great shoulder and chest workout with onespot this last friday which was actually the first. Our camera has been MIA for awhile so theres no pics for this time but I'm looking into getting a good one this month hopefully. Still rockin the ABC strong in Des Moines even if it's just two of us!

C.Coronato
02-19-10, 4:45 pm
The Official Invite:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

farrellzach
03-18-10, 1:45 pm
Is this still happening? I live in WDM, and damn I just dropped my membership with Accel because the owner of the WDM one was such a dickhead

xMATT182x
03-19-10, 4:08 am
Hey bro! Of course this thing is still goin, I don't ever want it do fade away. My two members have been a little laxed on me here the last few months and I can't force anyone to work with me so eh. If you wanna hit up man just pm and we'll figure out. I'm always up for an ABC bro.

C.Coronato
02-15-11, 9:46 am

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

C.Coronato
01-24-12, 4:37 pm

Will you be there?

Saturday, March 3rd.

Training 7-830. Food 830-930

Metro Fitness
9 East Long St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215
(614)228.8866

Who

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37245-Arnold-Classic-2012-National-ABC-Event

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

shortstack
05-22-12, 9:08 am
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check in since I haven't seen anything happen for a while to see if you guys were still getting together. Let us know and we'll plan a road trip over for an ABC.

Jeremy

MJM86
05-22-12, 10:03 am
I'm in. Let's get some CR area dudes together soon and go to DSM to get jacked up Iowa style. Corn Fed.

Matt

Bruiser
06-27-12, 8:41 am
I need everybody's input on this one. Here's my plan. Yeah I have a lotta equipment in my garage but not enough room to hold an ABC. So this is what I'm doing...

1st Annual Midwest Animal Open and BBQ

I've got a cement platform in my backyard where we can put a bench and deadlift mat (may not be perfectly flat, but it'll work). I've got a big yard, a grill, and plenty of room to park. So, I'll be holding the first Multi-State push/pull meet for FORVM members in my back yard! Followed by a cookout.

So here's what you need to do. I'm gonna need a headcount, donations, helpers (spotters, loaders, judges, grillers, help cleaning after) and dishes to pass.

This is gonna be real laid back, nothing fancy. Because I don't have the time to basically do this whole by myself at this end until people show up that day. If this is gonna work, I need HELP. People willing to stay afterwards and help me put the house and yard back together. I'm really looking forward yo this, and I'm hoping this becomes a yearly event. I'm happy to hold this even and spearhead it. I've been wanting to see something like this happen outside of the Arnold and Olympia. Everybody here in the Midwest gets screwed because we don't have access to the pros, corporate, or even the sheer numbers of participants like the huge ABCs on either coast. And if you cant make it to The Cage you don't see any of is stuff. Let's make this ours guys/gals. I'm thinking end of September, on a Saturday. Start throwing some ideas out there.

Welcome to my nightmare...

Leigh

Phil800101
03-09-13, 3:37 am
Date:

Sunday April 14, 2013

Time:

10:00 AM

Pro Gym
1023 Station Drive
Oswego, IL 60543

http://progymoswego.com/

Food:

To be decided.

This is where the Lilliebridge's train. We talked to Ernie Sr. at the National ABC, and he invited us to come out on a Sunday. I know he will be there, I'm not sure about Ernie Jr. or Eric. Either way, this is going to be a good one.

twoheadedboy
08-21-13, 2:15 pm
New Chicago-Area ABC scheduled!

When: Saturday, September 7th, 12pm
Where: Atlas Gym 2, Kenosha, WI http://www.atlasgym2.com/
Why: Fundraising drive for the LETR Plane Pull benefiting Special Olympics, sponsored by Phil Darin/Chicago ABC Chapter http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/chrishickman/PlanePull2013/team
Cost: TBD

Atlas Gym 2 is an awesome gym situated halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee, about 5 miles east of I-94 which includes such implements as: Atlas stones, tires, kettlebells, deadlift platform, multiple power cages, competition bench, prowler, farmer's walk implements, bands, chains, deadlift platform...etc. etc. Bring your own chalk. They also have a smoothie bar.

Official post-gym eats will be at Captain Mike's Beer & Burger (& Whiskey) Bar, near the lake shore. Featuring a couple dozen craft taps (including an O'So tap exclusive to the Mike's locations, O'So being from Kenosha), the best burgers I've ever had outside of Kuma's in Chicago, over 100 whiskeys, mac & cheese of the week, and I've also seen a bloody mary that includes a mozzarella cheese stick (welcome to Wisconsin). Beer fans should also make plans to stop at Woodman's Grocery to stock up on New Glarus, only available in WI, for the cheapest prices available (you will overpay at Cheese Castle/Brat Stop/gas stations/etc.)

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm going to plan on breakfast at Frank's Diner in Kenosha (http://www.franksdinerkenosha.com/), a famous breakfast restaurant featured on the Food Network known for its garbage plates (a shit ton of meat, eggs, and potatoes basically) and the fact that it is built out of an actual boxcar, and after the ABC I plan on heading to Chicago to see Local H at the Metro for their last show with their current drummer.

Please post here if you plan to attend. I'm going to iron out the details with Atlas tonight.

karthik
10-17-13, 3:32 am
fear not ladies and gentlemen, you have a new imported guy that lives in des moines originally from new york, and so far I found two great gyms, one of them being Gold's Gym in West Des Moines, IA, and the other being 22nd street barbell, though that's actually on 5th street, contact me on how to get to this particular location. but gold's gym is a can't miss, already I like one great lifter that goes there, name is Beau Moore, world ranked.

I like the atmosphere there, weightlifting wise, I think if you guys are brothers, and gals are sisters, I would love to train with you all at gold's gym in West Des Moines for an ABC.

karthik
10-17-13, 3:34 am
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to check in since I haven't seen anything happen for a while to see if you guys were still getting together. Let us know and we'll plan a road trip over for an ABC.

Jeremy

how about gold's gym west des moines IA, or 22nd street barbell?

shortstack
10-17-13, 9:40 am
how about gold's gym west des moines IA, or 22nd street barbell?

I haven't been to either place but both sound great. Any chance you could call and let us know what a day pass would cost and we'll work on a date?

Thanks

karthik
10-18-13, 9:44 pm
a day pass at gold's gym is 10 bucks, but its valid for 2 days.

but its really awesome and worth it, because in the back area is the powerlifting room, and they have a heavy bag there also. its a pretty awesome place.

I think it would be great for the animal gathering.

just want to know how many people may show up approximately.

karthik
10-18-13, 9:48 pm
a day pass at gold's gym is 10 bucks, but its valid for 2 days.

but its really awesome and worth it, because in the back area is the powerlifting room, and they have a heavy bag there also. its a pretty awesome place.

I think it would be great for the animal gathering.

just want to know how many people may show up approximately.

though I'm sure with the animal gathering I won't have no issues, I just want a couple of things that I hope the group will follow, in addition to the j-dawg 12 rules thing, I want it to be a gathering where we are totally focused, laser like, and only critique is maybe verbal cues after set is over, and of course another thing is that in gold's gym there are lady powerlifters as well, not just guys, so girls are welcome also! .

karthik
10-20-13, 2:14 pm
I haven't been to either place but both sound great. Any chance you could call and let us know what a day pass would cost and we'll work on a date?

Thanks

any idea what day would be great for an animal gathering, I already told the gold's gym staff that I was going to have you guys/gals over for the animal gathering, so I'm guessing sometime in November?

Phil800101
01-01-14, 11:07 am
Date:

Saturday February 1st

Time:

1:00 PM

Quads South
745 Torrence Ave
Calumet City, IL 60409

Food:

To be determined.

shortstack
01-24-14, 11:25 am
any idea what day would be great for an animal gathering, I already told the gold's gym staff that I was going to have you guys/gals over for the animal gathering, so I'm guessing sometime in November?

Hey Dude, Sorry we haven't been in touch. I had a Power Lifting meet in October, November, and another one in February. After that my training schedule should calm down and we can make a trip over your way.