PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Change?

dmac1850
01-16-09, 9:51 am
Ok so I have a set order in terms of what days I lift certain body parts in terms of having different body parts every day once a week and I have certain lifts I do every time Like Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Barbell Curl, and skullcrushers on their respective days but i tende to vary sets, reps and weights and even exercises every week. Is it bad to change things that often and should I stick with one program or could it be beneficial to mix it up and keep my body guessing all the time? Just looking for some help, I keep a lifting journal but I'm not good with programs and I'm not totally sure what's a good idea for a bodybuiliding type of lifting program so I kinda change it alot...Thansk for any help./

dannynb
01-16-09, 10:46 am
Ok so I have a set order in terms of what days I lift certain body parts in terms of having different body parts every day once a week and I have certain lifts I do every time Like Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Barbell Curl, and skullcrushers on their respective days but i tende to vary sets, reps and weights and even exercises every week. Is it bad to change things that often and should I stick with one program or could it be beneficial to mix it up and keep my body guessing all the time? Just looking for some help, I keep a lifting journal but I'm not good with programs and I'm not totally sure what's a good idea for a bodybuiliding type of lifting program so I kinda change it alot...Thansk for any help./
Putting way to much though into it bro....pick a program and stick with it until you stop seeing results, than switch it up. Doing good by keeping a journal, so watch your progress...you'll know when it's time to change, just remember, listen to what your body is telling you.

Aggression
01-16-09, 10:56 am
The staples in my routine are as follows:

8-15 reps per set
3-5 exercises per body part

- those are the only things that remained unchanged. I rarely do the same exact workouts (and NEVER in back to back weeks). As long as I hit the body part hard with 8-12 reps, I'm satisfied.

In Flames
01-16-09, 10:28 pm
I keep the same exact workout split I just change a few exercises around every 8 weeks. I'll do the same exercises for 8 weeks than switch.

Current Chest routine

3 x 4-6 Flat Hammer Bench
3 x 6-12 Incline Hammer Bench
3 x 6-12 Incline DB Bench
3 x 12-15 DB Pullovers

Next 8 weeks

3 x 4-6 Flat DB Bench
3 x 6-12 Incline Barbell Bench
3 x 6-12 Incline DB Fly's
3 x 12-15 Cable Crossovers

Current Bicep Workout

3 x 6-12 Barbell Curls