PDA

View Full Version : Mass not Fat

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 10:40 am
Brothers,
I need help fast and in a hurry. I'm gaining mass like I know I should be, however I'm getting fat as fuck in my gut and "love handle" areas. I'm Active Duty Marine which means Fat= My dick in a jar. I’m dieting like all the health bubs say to, eating 7 small meals a day, not slamming food like I'm used to, I'm running a lot, and I train hard in the gym. What can I do to loose my fat fucking gut, because what I'm doing isn’t working?

Jay

ANewBreed
01-16-09, 11:04 am
Well what do your 7 small meals consist of? It appears youre doing enough on the exercise portion, so in all likely hood it is your diet that needs a check. Perhaps youre eating the wrong foods at the wrong time of the day?

Aggression
01-16-09, 11:05 am
As the above reply said, your diet is the problem.

Post up your diet, and we'll pick it apart and help you out.

On Letting Go
01-16-09, 11:30 am
An easy tip to remember is that your biggest meals of the day (heavy on carbs) should be breakfast & pre/post workout.

OLG

C.Coronato
01-16-09, 11:32 am
Also your gonna want to do cardio in the AM on an empty stomach. That always is a huge factor.

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 10:28 pm
Ok i run around 5am, no food
eat at 7 - oatmeal and yogurt
eat at 11- apple/ protein shake
11-1 gym
1 - protein shake, 2 grilled chicken breast
4 - orange
8 - whatever the wife cooks,
10 - run again
then another shake before bed.

TigerAce01
01-16-09, 10:33 pm
How are you gaining anything with that diet?

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 10:34 pm
protein is about 80grams, each and i dont fuck around w/ the iron

TigerAce01
01-16-09, 10:39 pm
I can't really give you any tips brother, you don't eat a lot. I'd say eggs in the morning instead of yogurt, swap out one of the shakes with a whole meal, and not cheat. I don't see how you're getting fat off of this diet unless you're eating other stuff you aren't saying. And gaining weight is just that, gaining weight. Some of it will be fat and water, no matter what you do.

-Ace

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 10:49 pm
naw nothen extra, i dotn drink soda or energy drinks, no snakes.. only suger that i take is coffee every now and again, and i bring sweet tea, so u see now why im so fucking frustrated about it, in 1 month i gained 2% body fat, all in my gut

JMC
01-16-09, 10:52 pm
11-1 gym
4 - orange
10 - run again

Your oatmeal and yogurt, what kind? I assume it's not instant, brown sugar and maple syrup right??? And not Trix sugar-laden yogurt???? What about your protein shakes, 80 grams of protein, got that, but what about the carb/sugar content? Whatever the wife cooks is usually what? Then another shake before bed, is this the same exact shake as earlier?

I'm not questioning your diet, don't get me wrong, just trying to find out more as to what could be an issue. If all is legit, I would change up me pre bedtime meal.

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 11:00 pm
Oatmeal is the "Lower Suger" Healthy choice shit, yogurt is the fiber stuff,

Protein is Muscle Milk - 2g suger per scoop, i use 2 1/2 scoops

Wife norm cooks, Tacos/sketty/chicken/pork chops/steak/hot dogs/ normal shit like that, and mostly eat sweet corn and greenbeans w/ new potatos

i eat alot of slow grill chicken breast and tuna w/ motz chease

Dual Jay
01-16-09, 11:02 pm
pluse the Muscle milk has lower cals and fat, and also has fat buring shit in it.. whats why i use it, been using it for years, seince i started powerlifting in the Marines

sin-city-customs
01-16-09, 11:57 pm
You said "Sweet Tea". What is on the label for that? I was always under the impression it has a TON of carbs from some crazy kind of sugar, not regular table sugar.

TheBassGuy
01-17-09, 12:23 am
more protein... every meal you should include at least 20g worth, altho i lean closer to 30-35grams.

TigerAce01
01-17-09, 12:48 am
Oatmeal is the "Lower Suger" Healthy choice shit, yogurt is the fiber stuff,

Protein is Muscle Milk - 2g suger per scoop, i use 2 1/2 scoops

Wife norm cooks, Tacos/sketty/chicken/pork chops/steak/hot dogs/ normal shit like that, and mostly eat sweet corn and greenbeans w/ new potatos

i eat alot of slow grill chicken breast and tuna w/ motz chease

That specific type of protein powder does not have 80 g of protein in it. 2 scoops is the serving size, and there is not 80 g of protein. It sounds like some of your information is wrong.

Dual Jay
01-17-09, 10:09 am
on the lable, it says Service Size 1 scoop 35g Protein,

Sweet Tea is home made, for 2 Gals, use a cup of suger

AFTazz06
01-17-09, 12:02 pm
11-1 gym
4 - orange
10 - run again

i think your problem is you are not taking in a 1:1:1 ratio. You should be having protein, carbs and good fats with EVERY meal. An orange is not a meal, alot of people believe that inorder to loose fat they have to eat less food, that's not true at all. In fact, you have to eat MORE food inorder to kick start your metabolism into burning fat. You should most definetly atleast be having protein with your breakfast meal, oatmeal and yogurt isnt good, try adding 6 large eggs or 5 large eggs and 4 egg whites. Protein shakes are good and all, but they work best in a balanced diet, not just throwing them in whenever. What appears to be your lunch time meal should look something like this, 8oz chicken breast, with 1/2 cup of Almonds. Then AFTER you can take the protein shake and remove the orange just before eating whatever your wife has made for dinner that night. No offense, but personally the only thing i see thats good in your diet is the shake before going to bed, thats a good way of keeping the protein in while you sleep.