PDA

View Full Version : Im living, im learning and now i want to conquer...

PsychoDave
01-17-09, 12:42 am
My name is Dave, im 23 and new to this game. I've been a member of the forums for a while now and i really haven't said shit but now its my time to share, its my time to grow and its my time to shine. 5 years ago I was the fat kid(5'10 270lbs). I stand today at 215-220lbs but thats only because ive gained 25lbs or so last year but not because i was working hard at the gym. You see friends my workout routine consisted of vodka, corona, jack/coke and i dont give a fuck shrugs. I lost 80lbs with nothing more than a good diet, not drinking and cardio but because of my struggle with alchohol in the past year or so i was heading back up the scale for all the wrong reasons. The only things i've lost this year so far are my job(company was bought out), I lost my girl because of my drinking, i lost my license for a year due to a second DUI and i lost my appetite for the consumption of alchohol. I also just spent 4 days last week locked up in jail because of my DUI. Im currently going through treatment for my drinking problems...Its been 8 days since my last drink and i dont fucking miss it for shit. Im done with it because I cant handle it. Im a blackout drinker, I dont remember getting my last DUI...I woke up in the local police holding cell. Ive woke up in the hospital twice, the woods once, a commuter parking lot once. Im not here for sympathy because i dont need that shit. Im here right now because I need to become the best fucking person I can be. About a month ago I discovered something so great, so gratifying, so fucking amazing and i have been hooked since...Its not some beautiful girl, its not a new drink, but it is what i now consider my drug. Its something i believe everyone here is hooked on as well and that is the gym. Its not just the gym itself that has me hooked though. Its the feeling before, during and after i leave there...It feels like my home, a place where i feel so fucking welcome, a place where i can let everything else go and i dont think i felt that anymore then i did this past week. This is the reason i fell compelled to share my story with the rest of you. We all struggle through bullshit day in and day out and i found my way to release all the bs from my head. I grab the iron and i want to kill it, i want to strangle it, i want to fucking rip it apart. My body is my fucking sanctuary and im done treating it like shit, im done feeling bad for myself, im done with looking in the mirror and wondering what I could be. Its time to challenge and conquer myself. Now with all that bullshit said and done you all get a pretty little picture of the person I once was...Now I ask for the help to accomplish what i can be.

Now to my present day situation. Because I lost my license obviously i dont drive but i have an awesome family that back me 100% in everything I do. I go back to court on the 23rd to find out if im going back to jail. Did I mention I was on probation already? Its a pretty fucking sad story if you ask me but nothing i cant get over. So maybe ill end up in jail for a few weeks or a few months but right now im held up in my house and the only place i can really go besides here is the gym. I was givin the nickname Psycho Dave by an older friend a couple years ago because I have some anger issues to say the least and i have done things that i am truely sorry for but those days are done as well. I am an animal at heart and thats what I want to become on the outside as well. Right now I would not say im a strong guy whatsoever but i would say im a skinny kid stuck in a fat suit. As of right now I dont have many stats to give. My bench press is embarrassing...I just started to put 135 up for reps. I began a few weeks ago at about 110 i believe. Last week I couldnt deadlift 315 but this week i did it for 3reps. I havent done squats yet. I have goals and I want to crush them but like I said at the beginning im new to this. I want to work on my routine but really I dont know where to start. I have the Animal handbook and ive read through the forums but I seem to forget more than I remeber when it comes time to get into the gym. Tomorrow im buying a notebook so i can keep track of my progress on paper and so i can help myself get into a solid routine. Up until now ive had a shitty diet but that changes tomorrow. I have oats, eggs, chicken breast, tuna, pasta, potoatoes and some fruits/veggies I dont drink soda and i dont drink coffee. I do however drink milk and almost a gallon of water a day.

I know everyone is probrbaly going to recommend paks for me but at this current time I cant afford it but I am going to buy some whey protien to start. Im just beginning and as soon as court and possibly jail blow over im going to invest more into suppliments...Its a shitty story but I wanted to get it out there...

My goals i wanna reach by Dec 31st 2009
-I have to atleast bench my body wieght for multiple reps
-I would like to deadlift somewhere in the 400 range
-Although I dont know what i squat yet I would like to put up 400+(my legs are my strongest part so i dont see this being a problem)

My arms are my weak spot and I need to hit them hard

Today was an off day and tomorrow I have bi's and abs

Im done talkin does anyone have anything to say that will help me? Where should I start? Can anyone recommend a good routine for tomorrow? This is my 3rd week of bi's so i want to bring up the intensity. I apologizes for the rambling on but I have so many thing going through my head and all I want to do is go to the gym right now. I thank you all in advance.

Pyscho Dave OUT

diesel1976
01-17-09, 1:54 am
Its a new day Psycho Dave. Your still a young man and have a great life ahead of you.
Stay on track with what you have found important in life now. I have had my share of problems too, God knows, but the strong pull through and move on to a better life.

PsychoDave
01-17-09, 12:42 pm
Today is my day, its the day I start becoming the man I want to be. It wont be easy but nothing has really been easy up til this point. I may struggle but I will pull harder...I feel like ive been in quicksand and sinking fast but im hanging from a vine and that vine will bring me to the top...Here I come

PsychoDave
01-19-09, 5:03 pm
Finally made it back...Heres the story...

Standing Bisep Cable Curl 3sets x 8 110,120,125

Standing One Arm Cable Curl 4sets x 8 40,40,45,50

Overhead Cable Curls 3sets x 8 40,40,50

Preacher Curls 3sets to fail 100,110,120

Decline Situps 3sets x 25

Palms In Barbell Wrist Curl 3sets x15 65

Palms Out Barbell Wrist Curl 3sets x15 65

Chest tomorrow....

C.Coronato
01-19-09, 5:14 pm
Welcome man. That shit i read gave me shivers. You have the heart of a lion and you need to say fuck the rest and train. Going thru what you have is no easy task at your (our) age. I myself am 23, and i understand all the shit that goes on in 23 year olds heads. Its bullshit and its very hard not to find suit in it. Well now this is harder, but it feels 100% better. To continue to rise to the top, and push past those goals. The goals you set for yourself, are great goals, and you WILL get there b4 december. Stick with it brother, and we are all here to help. Dont give up and fall back into the bullshit and deception. The only blackouts you want are from squatting too heavy and hitting your maxout. Good Luck my man, and we all here to root for you.

PsychoDave
01-20-09, 8:08 pm
Well today was chest day for me and what seemed to be everyone else...I tried mondays but everyone seemed to be doing chest then so i figured i would try tuesday this time around..NAAAAAAAAHHHH Seems everyone took my idea :/
I finally purchased some whey protein yesterday so im hoping it will help me out...Its a start atleast.

Machine Bench Press 3sets 8, 8, 6 145, 165, 175

Machine Butterflys 3sets x 8 90, 110, 130

Incline BD 3sets x 8 40, 40, 50

Decline DB 3 sets x 8 40s the whole way

Cable Cross overs 3sets x 8 30, 35, 40

I left the gym and realized I didnt do any DB pull overs...Damn

Tomorrow is Tri...Questions, Comments, Concerns? Any advice is always appreciated!

diesel1976
01-20-09, 10:57 pm
Well today was chest day for me and what seemed to be everyone else...I tried mondays but everyone seemed to be doing chest then so i figured i would try tuesday this time around..NAAAAAAAAHHHH Seems everyone took my idea :/
I finally purchased some whey protein yesterday so im hoping it will help me out...Its a start atleast.

Machine Bench Press 3sets 8, 8, 6 145, 165, 175

Machine Butterflys 3sets x 8 90, 110, 130

Incline BD 3sets x 8 40, 40, 50

Decline DB 3 sets x 8 40s the whole way

Cable Cross overs 3sets x 8 30, 35, 40

I left the gym and realized I didnt do any DB pull overs...Damn

Tomorrow is Tri...Questions, Comments, Concerns? Any advice is always appreciated!

Monday is national bench day. Tuesday is second place, its when everyone goes and does chest and then blows off the rest of the week unless they do arms, lol. I do mine on Wednesday usually. Nice workout, got a good start going man.

PsychoDave
01-21-09, 8:07 pm
Cable One Arm Tri Extensions 4sets x 8 40, 40, 50, 50

Tri Cable Narrow Pushdown 3sets x 8 140, 140, 150

Dip Machine 3sets x 8 184 all the way

Cable Overhead Extentions 3sets x 8 140, 140, 150

Sitting DB Tri Extentions 3sets x 8 50, 50, 60

Tri Cable Wide Pushdowns 3sets x 8 140, 150, 150

Any advice is appreciated...thanks

PsychoDave
01-26-09, 12:11 am
I havent posted in a few days but I have been lifting. Did back on thursday, took friday off and wanted to do legs yesterday(sat) but had some car trouble so I had another day off and went back today to do legs. Dont have my book on me so ill skip the online log i suppose. Tomorrow im goin for bi's and abs. Hoping to see an improvement over last week. Tomorrow will tell the story. Im also going to try out 4 sets of each this week now that I think I can handle it.

PsychoDave
01-26-09, 11:52 pm
Went to the gym today and was kind of in a time crunch which I hate but it is what it is...I started trying 4 sets of each and missed machine preacher curls.

Standing Cable Curls
3x8 at 120
1x5 at 130

One Arm Cable Curb
2x8 40,45
2x6 45,50

Machine Row
4x8 150,165,180,195

Palm in/out Barbell Wrist Curls
4x15 each way at 55lbs

Standing Double Bi Curls
2x10 40, 50
1x6 60

PsychoDave
01-27-09, 9:01 pm
This week I saw a big difference in my cable pushdowns. Im not sure what caused such an increase but im happy about it! Hoping next week I see great gains like this as well. Heres the breakdown.

Cable One Arm Tri Extensions
Last week
4 x 8 40, 40, 50, 50
This week
3x8 50, 50, 60
1x8 60

Tri Cable Narrow Pushdown
Last week
3x8 140, 140, 150
This week
4x8 150, 150, 160, 170

Dip Machine
3x8 184 all the way
Same both weeks

Cable Overhead Extentions
Last week
3x8 140, 140, 150
This week i tried the Tri rope and ended up doing the same as last week

Sitting DB Tri Extentions
Last week
3x8 50, 50, 60
This week
3x8 50, 60, 60

Tri Cable Wide Pushdowns
Last week
3x8 140, 150, 150
This week
5x8 140, 150, 160, 170, 180

Tomorrow im probrably gonna hit back and shoulders.
Any advice?