PDA

View Full Version : Building delt ater shoulder injury

xMATT182x
01-17-09, 2:18 am
Alright guys I need some help. I tore a muscle in my shoulder 6 years ago. It healed but causes me issues still. What are some of the best ways to pack on mass for my delts and shoulders and not re-injure myself? I've been taking it slow and making gains and I wanted to hear some feed back from my bros here.

prowrestler
01-17-09, 12:48 pm
Alright guys I need some help. I tore a muscle in my shoulder 6 years ago. It healed but causes me issues still. What are some of the best ways to pack on mass for my delts and shoulders and not re-injure myself? I've been taking it slow and making gains and I wanted to hear some feed back from my bros here.

food

strict barbell press

Little Z
01-17-09, 1:24 pm
food

strict barbell press

x2

Illectroniqz
01-17-09, 10:21 pm
when i was recovering from a pull in my rotator i did exercises that didnt aggravate it, for me i was hittin the laterals a bunch and rear delts and the pressing way lighter than normal

phlex_ing
01-18-09, 7:00 pm
i had a shoulder injury about 8 years ago. i keept training for over 2 years with it.later the injury got so bad it would keep me out of the gym for six years ,that and getting merried and having kids, i'm back on my training and eating but i have to watch my shoulders close! my delts are worked out on friday,off saterday and sunday,legs and forarms monday then chest and tris tuesday. so that gives 3 days for them to rest before they are taxed on chest day. for now my delt routine is seated presses ,upright rows ,then horizontal flys.i move on to my traps with barbell shurgs and then dumbell shurgs. then there's the eating and eating and eating. i would tell you to do what you can as heavy as you can and try to put your shoulder day as far away from movments for your back and chest as you can so your delts can heal fully before they are stessed again. listen to what your shoulders are telling you if they say "STOP!!!!" then STOP!

xMATT182x
01-21-09, 6:01 am
Thank you sir I appreciate it. I know exactly what you mean by your shoulder telling you enough is enough too. Its no fun and it can happen way to easily.

joe-yamma
01-21-09, 9:57 am
strict barbell pressi find barbell movements (especially press) put my shoulder in a bad position.
i would strongly suggest using dumbells for press movements.

lighter weights and strict form are a must.

ghost
01-21-09, 11:01 am
Another good idea you could do, is see a Sports Rehab Therapist, so you can find some strength building movements that are free weight or little weight..... do those as your warm up, and remember to do a lot of stretching, and when it feels sore in a bad way again, heat/ice and a doctors appointment right away.

xMATT182x
01-30-09, 1:35 am
I just switched back to using dumbbells last week. The bar was ok at first but now just jacks my shoulder up bad. The dumbbells work way better. I need to check into a physical therapist and work out the issue though.

BigAnt
02-01-09, 7:15 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you?

Shoulders are tough, most mobile joint in the body, I have torn my shoulders twice!(supraspinatus-totator cuff muscle)

What exact muscle did you tear?

Are you still doing your/any rotator cuff exercises?

And are you stretching out your shoulders-pecs?

The rear delts have to be priority to prevent re-injury...reverse pec-dek and nose pulls work the area nicely...

Basically if you have no pain now with the injuried shoulder, and we STILL focuse on strengthening the injuried area and around it, you SHOULD be fine..Again proper warm ups-lifting with good form, and proper food and water levels in the body are also very crucial...And some heat prior to training and ice after will never hurt!

Remember Pain(sharp-stabbing is bad) Soreness(dull-aching is good)

BigAnt
02-03-09, 6:05 pm
How is it feeling?

AnthonyB
02-03-09, 6:22 pm
How is it feeling?

yo Ant..im going for surgery for my right shoulder in a month, as far as my left shoulder if i move it in a reverse motion it makes a snap sound or if i do a chopping motion foward it makes the same sound, what does that sound like? thanks again and i hope all is well with you