PDA

View Full Version : rest it up

strivin for more
01-18-09, 1:40 pm
hey brothers. ive been hittin it hard now for about 11 weeks, but within the last two ive

had some big motivational issues to hit the gym with energy. i decided to take this week

off to try and rest and recover. i was wondering how many of you guys have had good

results doing this, or if you do a scheduled break. i just feel sort lazy going through with it

and dont want to waste precious time that i could use to better myself.

thanks.

sanga
01-18-09, 2:02 pm
I train DC and am on a cruise after a blast and was looking forward to change in pace and not full out balls to the wall workouts but am already really looking forward to starting my next blast.

I take planned breaks throughout the year, i.e. 2 weeks in November when my wife and I go away for our wedding anniversary.

Feel The Power
01-18-09, 2:15 pm
sounds like you are ready for a week off. Most times I feel stronger coming back from a week off. I usually try to do some cardio/abs just so I don't feel like a complete bum for not lifting. I mainly listen to my body when I need time off.. usually every couple of months I will get in a rut.

AFTazz06
01-18-09, 3:13 pm
Rest is key, remember you grow outside the gym.

theharjmann
01-18-09, 4:14 pm
personally i couldnt take a week of...maybe 2 or 3 days off....but as Sanga said...have a period of "chilled" fown training...less intensity...mainly maintenance, and outside of the gym, eat, sleep and get motivated for your next blast....read the articles on this site....they work for me!

Peace

strivin for more
01-18-09, 6:30 pm
the plans to keep up some cardio work, so i dont feel pathetic too. sounds like what im doing wont be too bad then. thanks all.

BCent
01-18-09, 7:21 pm
Yeah man taking some time off is always good for the body. I know for some of us its hard to pull away from the weights, but a little time off can sometimes be beneficial.