PDA

View Full Version : A series of Random events...

Pages : [1] 2

Maharg
01-19-09, 4:40 pm
Guess whos back? I am gonna go back to trying to keep updated on this shit.

Most of yall know me since i have been here since opening day. Not to long ago i shoved my head up my ass and screwed my shit up here cuz of a event that left a sour taste in my mouth. But moving along, For those who dont know, my name is Michael Maharg. Im soon to be 19, weighing around 205-209 any given day, an hoping to drop to 185 over the next couple months. I am finishing up my paperwork with United States Air Force, so i can hopefully try out for Pararescue, and if that dont work out, Security Forces. I am a jack of all trades kinda lifter, i like powerlifting, body building, and Strongman. In fact i am signed up to compete in a Strongman event in April if all things work out. Right now i am on a power kick, doing a mix of low reps on the main movement, then a body building style for the rest of the work out. I am also joining the local MMA gym when it opens up, so i will be getting back into wrestling and Boxing to help with cardio.

So far, my best lifts are 500 on squat, and 425x2 on deads, which i suck at. Just hit a Pr on bench today, so lets get to the workout.

Flat Bench
barx50
135x12
225x3
245x3
255x3
265x3
275x3
285x3
295x3
305x1.5 lost it at the lockout. still a personal record, so take what you can get.
225x15

Incline db press
80x10
90x10
100x6 No idea what happend here, i figured i would be good for atleast 8
50x20

Dips s/s with Cable cross over
15 bw dips/70x12
15/80x10
20/90x9

Out! Have to work tonight so no cardio, but tomorrow, 45 mins on the elliptical, oh joy!

prowrestler
01-19-09, 4:53 pm
nice benchin man

C.Coronato
01-19-09, 5:01 pm
ya lookin good brother. Very interested in watching you unfold!

pmug0000
01-19-09, 7:16 pm
Hello Michael Maharg, it's a pleasure to meet you. Good luck in all of your many endeavors.

BTW that's some damn strong benching.

Big C
01-19-09, 7:44 pm
Hell yeah bro it's about time you returned from the shadows....time to move some weight you horse. Let's go!

T o m m Y
01-19-09, 7:46 pm
Strong Pressssssssssing Brah!

Maharg
01-19-09, 10:38 pm
nice benchin man

Lol thanks. I am still waiting on you to hit 315.

ya lookin good brother. Very interested in watching you unfold!

I have ran by your log before dude, you are more then welcome to throw out some tips here and there.

Hello Michael Maharg, it's a pleasure to meet you. Good luck in all of your many endeavors.

BTW that's some damn strong benching.

Nice to see one of my fellow missouri brethren in my thread, even if you dont live here anymore.

Hell yeah bro it's about time you returned from the shadows....time to move some weight you horse. Let's go!

Lol, well you did kinda give me some encouragement. An i still got alot of fucking work to try and get on your level

Strong Pressssssssssing Brah!

Thanks dude, havent talked with you since we did the Darkness Falls log.

Young&Hungry
01-19-09, 11:01 pm
Suuuuuuuuuuubbed.

Maharg
01-19-09, 11:14 pm
Suuuuuuuuuuubbed.

Glad to have you along bro. I may bounce ideas off of you every now and then about different programs.

Young&Hungry
01-19-09, 11:18 pm
Glad to have you along bro. I may bounce ideas off of you every now and then about different programs.

Anytime bro. Gonna stick with bodybuilding or are you thinking about switching over to something new?

Vaze_06
01-19-09, 11:19 pm
hey asshole, i'm in for the ride :)

Maharg
01-19-09, 11:25 pm
Anytime bro. Gonna stick with bodybuilding or are you thinking about switching over to something new?

Lol i dont even know anymore. I am kinda just going with what feels right. Right now i am wanting to up some numbers thats basically it.

Maharg
01-19-09, 11:26 pm

Thanks bitch.

Young&Hungry
01-19-09, 11:37 pm
Wendler actually wrote a 5/3/1 program for the bodybuilding type...hmmm now...

Maharg
01-19-09, 11:48 pm
Wendler actually wrote a 5/3/1 program for the bodybuilding type...hmmm now...

Lol sounds good. But one of the reasons this is a thread of random events is cuz my workouts fall on random days each week. MY work schedule is never the same, so i can never get in at the same time, and i have to work around that fact.

But shoot it too me in a PM an ill give it a look over and try and convince my dad its a good idea. I am chasing 335 or so on bench by the end of this cycle, and my dad is going for 405 so if its good may give it a run.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-20-09, 2:32 am
well fuck me sideways... hes back...

SQUAT or DIE!
01-20-09, 3:06 am

Thanks bitch.

so much love around here..

Maharg
01-20-09, 9:28 am
well fuck me sideways... hes back...

Damn straight, cant let you have all the fun.

And Hey! Vaze started it!

Vaze_06
01-20-09, 9:29 am
well, u finish it.. so u take the entire blame!

prowrestler
01-20-09, 10:42 am
i think the fairy tale is gonna come true soon man.

lets just breifly go over my bench press story

-begin benchpressing after 4 years and abit of training
-tear the right pec after 1 month
-re-tear the pec 1 month later
-take time off properly
-now, finaly, after 7-8 months, i can sorta bench again!

still rehabbing but in the gm rehab. im doin some speed benchin and rep effort benching but thats it till i have 0 discomfort.

then give it a matter of months before i nail big ol 315!

Reko
01-20-09, 11:25 am
so much love around here..

No kidding. lol.

Maharg - If you want to do well at this strongman competition... oh do I even need to say it? What starts with S and ends with pringfield?

There is a top amatuer HW strongman there, as well as a lightweight pro. They have stones, yoke, farmers, tons of implements that you need to try. They can show you really good technique and get you started in the right direction with training. Seriously dude, its a priceless experience.

Maharg
01-20-09, 12:08 pm
No kidding. lol.

Maharg - If you want to do well at this strongman competition... oh do I even need to say it? What starts with S and ends with pringfield?

There is a top amatuer HW strongman there, as well as a lightweight pro. They have stones, yoke, farmers, tons of implements that you need to try. They can show you really good technique and get you started in the right direction with training. Seriously dude, its a priceless experience.

If they train today i may have to try an go. What time do they normally lift?

I was gonna do heavy deads today, but my dad has to go to a intervention of a family member, so prolyl gonna wait on that.

Reko
01-20-09, 1:08 pm
If they train today i may have to try an go. What time do they normally lift?

I was gonna do heavy deads today, but my dad has to go to a intervention of a family member, so prolyl gonna wait on that.

I don't know. They train at different times but there is usually someone there to let you in and help you out.

go to stronggym.org and ask.

Maharg
01-20-09, 4:26 pm
WHOOO, just got bored and ordered some more ammonia tabs, A pair of convict wrist wraps, and a EliteFTS hoodie. I really dont know why either. Lol started off just cuz i needed some more ammonia snorts, then my wrist kept popping while typing, so i looked into wrist wraps, then just got the hoodie for shits and gigs. Now just need a good belt and i am set.

prowrestler
01-20-09, 4:29 pm
WHOOO, just got bored and ordered some more ammonia tabs, A pair of convict wrist wraps, and a EliteFTS hoodie. I really dont know why either. Lol started off just cuz i needed some more ammonia snorts, then my wrist kept popping while typing, so i looked into wrist wraps, then just got the hoodie for shits and gigs. Now just need a good belt and i am set.

and possibly a paycheck

Maharg
01-20-09, 4:43 pm
and possibly a paycheck

Lol nah, i only spent 60 bucks. I got lil under 400 in the bank, and i get paid every friday. Ill survive.

Maharg
01-20-09, 8:04 pm
First, some personal discoveries:
1.Fruit of the loom boxers are the single worst piece of underwear ever made to do cardio in.
2.Over/under is the shit for trying to hit a max deadlift.

I actually got to deadlift today, much to my delight. I put a number in my head, and decided i was not leaving the fucking gym until i got the rep cleared. Was blasting mudvayne and Rob Zombie the whole way to the gym, got the adrenline flowing, and was mentally set. As we were warming up on deads, my dad told me that he signed me up for a Powerlifting meet in Branson Missouri, competing in the teen division. That was extra encouragement. Heres how shit went

Deadlifts All overhand
135x8
225x3
315x3
405x3
455x.5 FUCK! my knees slammed into the bar like 14 times where i was shaking so hard to try and lock it out. Paused and let my wind come back to me.

Deads over/under grip
455x1! Gawd damn it was a grinder! once i got it up and locked out i just stood holding it for like 20 secs just staring my dad down saying HA! match that!
405x2.5
315x7 back to Double overhand.

Went and leaned against the wall for a lil bit.

Bent over reverse grip rows
135x12
185x12
225x10
275x6
135x25

Assited pull ups.
-65x15
-75x15
-85x20
-95x20

45 mins of cardio, 5 miles, 600 cals, an one wore out son of a bitch. I did fell estatic that i finally hit 455. An with no straps to boot. Next goal is 495. I got till May to get it, and get set for the powerlifting meet.

Big C
01-20-09, 8:08 pm
Hell yeah bro now we're talkin. I like the looks of that w/o.....you are definately clicking on all cylinders now as Arnold approaches.

I got deadlifts from the floor Thursday...I'll need my off today tomm. to prepare. You sure made it look easy bro keep up the hard work you know I'm watchin ya.

Firedrake
01-20-09, 8:10 pm
I certainly agree with you about boxers and cardio, whatever form you do. Your junk winds up flapping and slapping where it shoudn'a ought'a.

Sweet work with the deadlifts, though, you probably shouldn't be doing those wearing boxers, either . . . <grin>.

Big C
01-20-09, 8:12 pm
Oh yeah...and if it means anything I think I was deadlifting like 185 at your age...in fact I didn't even get serious about deadlifting until I was like 25.

I'd like to know what is in your water out there in Missouri bro!

Maharg
01-20-09, 8:21 pm
Hell yeah bro now we're talkin. I like the looks of that w/o.....you are definately clicking on all cylinders now as Arnold approaches.

I got deadlifts from the floor Thursday...I'll need my off today tomm. to prepare. You sure made it look easy bro keep up the hard work you know I'm watchin ya.

Sadly, i wont be going to the Arnold this year. I have no where near enough money for that. but i am hoping to make it back in 2010, hopefully as a more impressive specimen.

I certainly agree with you about boxers and cardio, whatever form you do. Your junk winds up flapping and slapping where it shoudn'a ought'a.

Sweet work with the deadlifts, though, you probably shouldn't be doing those wearing boxers, either . . . <grin>.

Not so much the flapping that was the problem, it was the rubbing of the thighs. I could have started a fire! Very bad deal. Next time, I wear a better choice.

Oh yeah...and if it means anything I think I was deadlifting like 185 at your age...in fact I didn't even get serious about deadlifting until I was like 25.

I'd like to know what is in your water out there in Missouri bro!

Lol idk what we have in our water but damn its good. Just ask Hola. But i think its all the steriods in the beef thats getting us big. My family alone goes through about 15lbs of steak a month.

Maharg
01-20-09, 8:42 pm
P.S.

My boobies really hurt...

That is all.

prowrestler
01-20-09, 9:46 pm
First, some personal discoveries:
1.Fruit of the loom boxers are the single worst piece of underwear ever made to do cardio in.
2.Over/under is the shit for trying to hit a max deadlift.

I actually got to deadlift today, much to my delight. I put a number in my head, and decided i was not leaving the fucking gym until i got the rep cleared. Was blasting mudvayne and Rob Zombie the whole way to the gym, got the adrenline flowing, and was mentally set. As we were warming up on deads, my dad told me that he signed me up for a Powerlifting meet in Branson Missouri, competing in the teen division. That was extra encouragement. Heres how shit went

Deadlifts All overhand
135x8
225x3
315x3
405x3
455x.5 FUCK! my knees slammed into the bar like 14 times where i was shaking so hard to try and lock it out. Paused and let my wind come back to me.

Deads over/under grip
455x1! Gawd damn it was a grinder! once i got it up and locked out i just stood holding it for like 20 secs just staring my dad down saying HA! match that!
405x2.5
315x7 back to Double overhand.

Went and leaned against the wall for a lil bit.

Bent over reverse grip rows
135x12
185x12
225x10
275x6
135x25

Assited pull ups.
-65x15
-75x15
-85x20
-95x20

45 mins of cardio, 5 miles, 600 cals, an one wore out son of a bitch. I did fell estatic that i finally hit 455. An with no straps to boot. Next goal is 495. I got till May to get it, and get set for the powerlifting meet.

welcome to the 455 club
i plan on leaving it soon, been here to long lol

good shit, lol, just randomly signed up for a meet

prowrestler
01-20-09, 9:47 pm
P.S.

My boobies really hurt...

That is all.

normaly id offer a massage but your a dude

Maharg
01-20-09, 10:27 pm
welcome to the 455 club
i plan on leaving it soon, been here to long lol

good shit, lol, just randomly signed up for a meet

Well, my dads boss is a hardcore powerlifter. Guy benchs 525 at 220. My dad told him about my numbers, an the guy said i should enter the competion he is entering. Well, my dad entered me. But according to the guy, with just 305 on bench, an 405 on squat and deads, i would prolly win. Well, im glad i am getting higher totals, and still have a few months to post even bigger numbers.

An i must decline you offer of rubbing my breasts. That would be just a touch,,,, odd?

Maharg
01-21-09, 4:03 pm
2 sessions of cardio on call today, 1 solo, then in a few hours, again with my dad, then hitting abs.

30 minutes elliptical, medium pace. Just trying to keep my heart rate 140-148. 3.5 miles, and 300 cals.

My lower back feels like i got ran over by a truck. Actually, thats how my whole back feels. I think i did ok yesterday by the feel of things. Lol an my left knee is bruised from the shaking with the 455 yesterday. Aparentlly i hit it pretty good a couple of times before i dropped it.

Reko
01-21-09, 4:48 pm
When/where is the meet?

Maharg
01-21-09, 4:58 pm
When/where is the meet?

Idk, i am getting the details overtime. I just know its in Branson in May.

Maharg
01-21-09, 7:04 pm
Cardio part Deux:Cardio harder.

30 minutes elliptical, higher difficulty: 2.90 miles, 380 cals. Sipped a BCAA drink while running, just to keep the aminos flowing.

Couple sets of incline situps, few sets of russian trunk twists, A dash of hanging leg raises, and then came home.

Maybe some more light cardio tomorrow. Friday got Pt training, and Arms. Saturday is big ole fun leg day.

pmug0000
01-21-09, 11:09 pm
Good back workout maharg, congrats on hitting 455.

Maharg
01-23-09, 3:09 pm
Well, i have until Feb 10th to reach 195 to make sure i make weight for the Air Force. My recruiter told me that i should be totally fine even if i dont, since they will tape me. Apparently for the athletes they just take tape measurements over bodyweight, an since i am one of the bigger boys he has had to recruit, he warned me that while i should be fine, cut just to be sure. So expect even more double cardio sessions.

Todays PT for class. Mile and half in 15 minutes. My time was gonna be a lot shorter, but this one girl wanted me to run with her. Well i was already half done with mine, when she came in half way. so I got to run a extra half mile. Oh well, needed the cardio. Im just glad i am back to being able to run for over a mile without stopping to gasp for air.

All in a 1 minute time limit
70 pushups,
37 situps,
143 mountain climbers
3 rope climbs.

Then got called out to go meet the recruiter.

Arms today.

Firedrake
01-23-09, 3:40 pm
Good stuff, Maharg -- and props to you for heading for the Air Force. I'm a vet, and I like to see the services being more than a refuge for the incompetent. Also, there's a little less chance of being shot at in the Big Blue Machine than the Army, where I was.

Maharg
01-23-09, 7:44 pm
Good stuff, Maharg -- and props to you for heading for the Air Force. I'm a vet, and I like to see the services being more than a refuge for the incompetent. Also, there's a little less chance of being shot at in the Big Blue Machine than the Army, where I was.

Thank you much good sir. Was gonna do the Marines, but was kinda motivated not to when a former marine said it wsa a dumb move on his part.

Shoulders and arms.

Seated military press
95x12
115x12
135x12
185x10
205x8
225x6
135x15

rear delts
20x15
30x12
40x12

side laterals
35x12
40x12
45x12
50x10

Hammer curls
40x10
50x10
55x10
60x8
65x8

Preacher curl
45x15
70x12
95x8
120x5, 95x4, 70x5, 45x7 I cried a lil after this. Not gonna lie

Close grip bench
135x10
185x8
225x6
245x5
135x24

Skull crushers
75x10
95x8
115x6

Pressdowns
150x15
180x12
220x10

Out. I was a lil raw from running earlier, so no cardio. Lol damn you big inner thighs! guess i cant complain. Legs in the early AM tomorrow.

Vaze_06
01-23-09, 7:45 pm
nice shoulder's work out smartass :)

Vaze_06
01-23-09, 7:50 pm
Thank you pain in my ass.

screw u asshole! i was being nice and complimenting u.... dont give me shit, cauz u started crap this time!

Maharg
01-23-09, 7:51 pm
screw u asshole! i was being nice and complimenting u.... dont give me shit, cauz u started crap this time!

I dont know what you are talking about? Me start it? You came in an called me a smart ass.

Vaze_06
01-23-09, 7:53 pm
I dont know what you are talking about? Me start it? You came in an called me a smart ass.

well, u know that i change words' definition!... being call a smartass by me is a COMPLIMENT
say thank u!

prowrestler
01-23-09, 8:07 pm
nice workout and sick cardio selection

T o m m Y
01-23-09, 8:11 pm
good stuff brotha!

Big C
01-23-09, 9:25 pm
What can I say little bro very impressive #s....I know you say you are getting smaller but really you are just getting "lighter" not smaller. Lookin strong my man keep it up you know I got your back. - Big C

Maharg
01-23-09, 10:53 pm
well, u know that i change words' definition!... being call a smartass by me is a COMPLIMENT
say thank u!
Thanks?

nice workout and sick cardio selection
Lol thanks Pro. I still hate running, but one of those things. Your lucky that your cardio is bouncing around a big ole ring.

good stuff brotha!
Thanks Smalls, I thought of you today when i got my Strong(er) hoodie. Buy the way, if you order one of their hoodies, make sure its a size Large(er) then you think. I got a XXL an its still a bit small for my taste. But very light, and breathable. A great training hoodie.

What can I say little bro very impressive #s....I know you say you are getting smaller but really you are just getting "lighter" not smaller. Lookin strong my man keep it up you know I got your back. - Big C
Wouldnt have it any other way, glad to know you are always in my corner. An yea, suppose lighter is a better term for it.

Maharg
01-24-09, 3:37 pm
Leg day. Lower back was still pretty beat up, so did a bodybuilders leg day instead of going heavy on squats.

5 minute warm up

squats with heavy bar
145x12
235x10
325x8
375x5
235x15

Hack squats
135x15
185x15
225x12
275x10
315x10
135x20

Calves 5 sets working up to 5plates on seated calf raise 5 sets

Lying leg curl
50x15
70x15
90x12
105x12
120x10

Lower back was still to tight to do SLDL like i wanted too, so i left feeling like i hadnt gave hamstrings the work they truely deserve. Also very pressed for time. BE back later.

prowrestler
01-24-09, 3:44 pm
nice one man

lol, the ring is ALOT smaller then most ppl think.

T o m m Y
01-24-09, 3:47 pm
nice squating brah,how much does the heavy bar weight?

prowrestler
01-24-09, 3:50 pm

more then 45....lol

Maharg
01-25-09, 1:57 am

lol a heavy bar weighs 55lbs.

Maharg
01-25-09, 10:32 pm
Yea, so Missouri weather is a bitch. They are calling for a couple inches of ice over the next 3 days. An ice around here tends to snap our electric poles. So i may be gone for quite awhile. An yea, no lifting during that time. Hard to make it to the gym when cant even get out of the house.

T o m m Y
01-25-09, 10:34 pm
ice skate to the gym =)

Vaze_06
01-25-09, 10:34 pm
Yea, so Missouri weather is a bitch. They are calling for a couple inches of ice over the next 3 days. An ice around here tends to snap our electric poles. So i may be gone for quite awhile. An yea, no lifting during that time. Hard to make it to the gym when cant even get out of the house.

i'll miss u... ok not that much!
stay safe M.

Maharg
01-25-09, 10:46 pm
ice skate to the gym =)

Lol that would be intersting. Lol an since i live 15 miles from town i would get my cardio in.

prowrestler
01-25-09, 10:53 pm
Lol that would be intersting. Lol an since i live 15 miles from town i would get my cardio in.

oh god, just lift your car or something.

maybe a deload week

Big C
01-28-09, 1:39 pm
Man you hammered those legs bro. Nice high reps I like it. Give your hammies hell another day man you did some good work.

Maharg
01-28-09, 1:41 pm
Man you hammered those legs bro. Nice high reps I like it. Give your hammies hell another day man you did some good work.

Thank you much big brother. I would love nothing more then to get to town right now to do some SLDL and back, but i am stuck at my house. We got a bunch of freezing rain, sleet and snow the last 2 days. Hows your weather going?

Big C
01-28-09, 1:50 pm
It's really bad....I think there is like a level 2 or 3 I'm not sure. I need to hit legs though hopefully...it's still coming down too. I know my dad called and said his typical 30 minute drive north to work took about an hour.

Thank you much big brother. I would love nothing more then to get to town right now to do some SLDL and back, but i am stuck at my house. We got a bunch of freezing rain, sleet and snow the last 2 days. Hows your weather going?

Maharg
01-28-09, 1:55 pm
It's really bad....I think there is like a level 2 or 3 I'm not sure. I need to hit legs though hopefully...it's still coming down too. I know my dad called and said his typical 30 minute drive north to work took about an hour.

Lol my drive to work is about 15 mins away. I only got 2 miles away from my house when i lost control of my car on the ice and plowed into a guys field. I got back on the road and went home. I figure 7 bucks a hour aint worth wrecking my car or sliding off a bridge into one of the rivers around here.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-28-09, 1:59 pm
its about 70 here.. sun is shining, cool breeze... its beautiful....

Maharg
01-28-09, 2:08 pm
its about 70 here.. sun is shining, cool breeze... its beautiful....

Go fuck yourself. I like the snow, its the ice and sleet i hate. I even like sub zero temps if the winds not to bad.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-28-09, 2:14 pm
Go fuck yourself. I like the snow, its the ice and sleet i hate. I even like sub zero temps if the winds not to bad.

i like snow to but its the cold and that shit i hate......... palm trees and lil umbrella drinks!!

Maharg
01-28-09, 2:22 pm
i like snow to but its the cold and that shit i hate......... palm trees and lil umbrella drinks!!

Lol, well ill be honest with you, im requesting Hawaii as one of my first bases in the Air Force. I could stand to kick back on the beach on my days off. And there is a gym ther with 300lbs dumbbells which i must see. Just the girl i am kinda seeing is tellin me if i get stationed there i have to fly her out to stay for awhile.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-28-09, 2:28 pm
Lol, well ill be honest with you, im requesting Hawaii as one of my first bases in the Air Force. I could stand to kick back on the beach on my days off. And there is a gym ther with 300lbs dumbbells which i must see. Just the girl i am kinda seeing is tellin me if i get stationed there i have to fly her out to stay for awhile.

LOL hell yeah!! fly me out too asshole!!

Maharg
01-28-09, 3:21 pm
LOL hell yeah!! fly me out too asshole!!

Your paying your own damn way boy. I will Fly her out, but id have to buy two tickets for your big ass.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-28-09, 5:55 pm
Your paying your own damn way boy. I will Fly her out, but id have to buy two tickets for your big ass.

non sense, my ass fits quite nicely in one seat..... your mean, and i dont like u any more...

Maharg
01-28-09, 7:10 pm
non sense, my ass fits quite nicely in one seat..... your mean, and i dont like u any more...

Aww, squatty dont be that way. Tell you what, if we have enough fun during family weekend i will see about having you out. I just dont want everyone on the forvm asking for a free trip.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-28-09, 9:28 pm
Aww, squatty dont be that way. Tell you what, if we have enough fun during family weekend i will see about having you out. I just dont want everyone on the forvm asking for a free trip.

hehehe u want fun? oh i think i can arrange fun in san antonio.....

Maharg
01-28-09, 9:47 pm
hehehe u want fun? oh i think i can arrange fun in san antonio.....

Lol sounds like a deal dude. I am always up for fun.

Maharg
01-29-09, 11:02 pm
YES!!! finally got out of my house from all the ice and snow, an went straight to the gym. I had to burn of some of the cabin fever. Decided shoulders and triceps sounds like fun. Heres how it went.

Standing military press
barx20
barx20
65x15
95x12
115x10
135x10
155x8
185x4 leg drive to get the first one, rest were leg drive free.
135x3 hang clean and press just for shits an gigs.
135x8 narrow grip
95x15

Front raises
40x8
45x8
50x8

seated side laterals
25x12
35x12
45x10

Cable cross body rear delts
20x10
30x10
40x10
45x10

Pressdowns straight bar
65x20
90x15
120x15
140x12
160x15
180x15
200x15
200x20

Dips
5 sets of 20

My triceps kinda ballooned up from all that. Alot more high rep work then they are used too.

Young&Hungry
01-29-09, 11:34 pm
That volume makes me want to barf. Strict presses are pretty sick dude.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-29-09, 11:35 pm

pretty much...

Big C
01-29-09, 11:36 pm
Good volume, good weight...total ownage. I had to get out 2nite too bro cabin fever was setting in....today was my off day though.

Glad u are keepin the weights movin bro.

Maharg
01-29-09, 11:42 pm

Lol i didnt even realize how much i did till i wrote it all down. I was wondering why my workout seemed to take so long. An my shoulders have always been a very strong point with me. lol my dad always shames me though by throwing up 225 for reps.

pretty much...

Psh, just cuz your to big an slow to keep up.

Good volume, good weight...total ownage. I had to get out 2nite too bro cabin fever was setting in....today was my off day though.

Glad u are keepin the weights movin bro.

I gotta try. lol i have seen your arms, i gotta catch up.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-29-09, 11:43 pm
i dont need speed... i just got strength, and thats all i need.

Maharg
01-29-09, 11:47 pm
Lol so what your saying is to avoid the head butt i just gotta bob and weave? I aint the fastest, but i can move pretty quick for a light heavy.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-29-09, 11:50 pm
i dunno, maybe i can get a burst of speed.. guess you shouldnt try to find out.. for the sake of both of us..

Maharg
01-29-09, 11:52 pm
i dunno, maybe i can get a burst of speed.. guess you shouldnt try to find out.. for the sake of both of us..

Lol that would be hard to explain to my Drill Sergeant. "WTF happend to your head boy?" A brother of mine and me wanted to see who could move their head the fastest.

pmug0000
01-30-09, 12:16 am
Strong standing presses

Maharg
01-30-09, 12:18 am
Strong standing presses

Thank you much Mug.

Firedrake
01-30-09, 2:07 am
Lol that would be hard to explain to my Drill Sergeant. "WTF happend to your head boy?" A brother of mine and me wanted to see who could move their head the fastest.

It's gonna be bad enough after THAT workout that they're going to ask "WTF happened to your ARMS, boy? How strong ARE you? Let's see! Drop and give me 100!"

Maharg
01-30-09, 11:10 am
It's gonna be bad enough after THAT workout that they're going to ask "WTF happened to your ARMS, boy? How strong ARE you? Let's see! Drop and give me 100!"

Lol i do drop and do 100. Have to do timed pushups in My JROTC class an i currently hold the record.

Maharg
01-30-09, 7:11 pm
Playlist song for this work out: Numb by Rob Zombie.

5 min warm up on elliptical.

To mimic Y&H, SKWAATS
barx15
135x15
225x12
315x10
365x8
405x6
225x15

Front squats
225x12, 12, 10, 8
135x15x3sets

SLDL
135x12
185x10
225x10
315x8

Then had to go and get my mom out of the ditch from the snow. That was a joyous thing.

Big C
01-30-09, 7:21 pm
Damn bro your strength gains have been unreal. 405 on squats...whoa, and front squats are no joke those are rough. Topping out @ 315 on SLD's probably made your day.

Now go enjoy a big meal u beast!

Maharg
01-30-09, 7:24 pm
Damn bro your strength gains have been unreal. 405 on squats...whoa, and front squats are no joke those are rough. Topping out @ 315 on SLD's probably made your day.

Now go enjoy a big meal u beast!

Lol i didnt post my workouts for a long time dude. These gains have been fairly steady over the months i didnt post them up. An it also helped i switched to a more power focused style of training.

Big C
01-30-09, 7:26 pm
Yeah bro I realize that. You were MIA for a while there...steady is the best way to go though I've realized. Keep doin what you'red doin man....and sorry to rain on your parade but I am hearing another huge snow storm heading our way (ohio) in the next few days, and possibly worse than the last one. Should hit you first I would think.

Lol i didnt post my workouts for a long time dude. These gains have been fairly steady over the months i didnt post them up. An it also helped i switched to a more power focused style of training.

Maharg
01-30-09, 11:17 pm
Yeah bro I realize that. You were MIA for a while there...steady is the best way to go though I've realized. Keep doin what you'red doin man....and sorry to rain on your parade but I am hearing another huge snow storm heading our way (ohio) in the next few days, and possibly worse than the last one. Should hit you first I would think.

Oh joy of joy, more snow. Im hoping it loops south through arkansas and up north through kentucky like they said on the weather.

Young&Hungry
01-30-09, 11:23 pm
Note to Maharg - they are only true skwaaaaaats if you scream like this every rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbnfkGL5q-w

Maharg
01-30-09, 11:28 pm
Note to Maharg - they are only true skwaaaaaats if you scream like this every rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbnfkGL5q-w

I would beat them all to death with a EZ curl.

Big C
01-30-09, 11:28 pm
Maharg is this you back in the day? Talk about going to failure bro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k5TZSC6D3U

Vaze_06
01-30-09, 11:33 pm

sorry bro, but he used to be the skinny bastard who curled in the squat rack... but Squatty hit him behind the head with a BB and he became smart... True Story :)

by the way, nice leg and shoulder

Maharg
01-30-09, 11:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m6vcyQqx_Q here is a vid of me going for a max squat back in the day.

Maharg
01-30-09, 11:42 pm
sorry bro, but he used to be the skinny bastard who curled in the squat rack...

I still curl in the squat rack. My dad an I are typically the only ones there, so we commit gym taboo. But if ppl need to squat we immediatly set them up. Not dickweeds.

Big C
01-30-09, 11:55 pm
I do to. Sadly I curl more than most people squat in my gym, not saying much for the ther gym members but lol. I hate barbell curling from a flat bench. Yeah if someone needs to squat I won't be a dick about it I will move...unless they get pushy!

I still curl in the squat rack. My dad an I are typically the only ones there, so we commit gym taboo. But if ppl need to squat we immediatly set them up. Not dickweeds.

Vaze_06
01-31-09, 12:00 am

indeed.. seems like i'm the only one who had to learn how to survive your dick head side!
oh well.. i prolly search for it anyways :)

Maharg
02-03-09, 12:24 am
Ugh, cardio day. Work only gave me 2 days off this week, so training is gonna be pretty odd. Had to go do cardio to try an make sure i am in the 198 range for MEPS. Stepped on the scale an groaned when it said 208. Diruetics will be my friend i guess.

1 hour on elliptical, lever 14, 5 miles, 720 calories. So fucking boring. But gotta do it again for the rest the week.

Fuck.

prowrestler
02-03-09, 12:34 am
sick training recently man, i like the OH PRESS

prowrestler
02-03-09, 1:06 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m6vcyQqx_Q here is a vid of me going for a max squat back in the day.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! that was awsome

Maharg
02-03-09, 9:40 am
OMG!!!!!!!!!! that was awsome

Lol yea i cant watch that vid without busting up everytime.

Maharg
02-03-09, 10:46 pm
I fucking got kicked out of my gym! the owner was teaching a boot camp class, and said my dad an me couldnt train tonight. The reason? We use to much weight! WTF! So yea, will have to do back on another night, which means my squats are thrown off this week, cuz got chest tomorrow. Work thursday and Friday so this shit sucks. I hope to get deadlifts in saturday night.

Oh well, looks like for the next month i wont be able to use my gym on tuesday and thursday while she teaches the class.

Big C
02-03-09, 10:49 pm
Dude WTF....too much weight what is that....reminds me of the Metroflex article in MD I just ready today about all these new mainstream gyms being for pussies.

So you got thrown out? Should have thrown her ass out....nothing like picking up some human weight and tossing it.

I fucking got kicked out of my gym! the owner was teaching a boot camp class, and said my dad an me couldnt train tonight. The reason? We use to much weight! WTF! So yea, will have to do back on another night, which means my squats are thrown off this week, cuz got chest tomorrow. Work thursday and Friday so this shit sucks. I hope to get deadlifts in saturday night.

Oh well, looks like for the next month i wont be able to use my gym on tuesday and thursday while she teaches the class.

Maharg
02-03-09, 10:55 pm
She didnt mean for ever, she just meant we cant be liftin when she is teaching a class. Its horse shit, since we pay just as much as anyone else. She normally is really cool with us doing what ever the hell we want.

It still fucking sucks.

prowrestler
02-03-09, 11:24 pm
She didnt mean for ever, she just meant we cant be liftin when she is teaching a class. Its horse shit, since we pay just as much as anyone else. She normally is really cool with us doing what ever the hell we want.

It still fucking sucks.

super gay

i wouldnt tolerate that shit

Maharg
02-03-09, 11:28 pm
super gay

i wouldnt tolerate that shit

I normally wouldnt, but now that i am kinda cooled down, i realize she really needs the money, an the class is bringing it in. As long as its only during 2 days a week, and she keeps the doors open.

prowrestler
02-03-09, 11:44 pm
I normally wouldnt, but now that i am kinda cooled down, i realize she really needs the money, an the class is bringing it in. As long as its only during 2 days a week, and she keeps the doors open.

its true

still stupid but i mean, i can understand. normalyy i wouldntbut im in a happy mood

Reko
02-04-09, 12:31 pm
I'm gonna post up some sweet pics tonight from working in my shirt. Epic bite marks, and epic broken blood vessels in my face.
Win!

Maharg
02-04-09, 3:51 pm
I'm gonna post up some sweet pics tonight from working in my shirt. Epic bite marks, and epic broken blood vessels in my face.
Win!

Lol i just read your log and saw that. Bite marks are really impressive. But the sweet ass thing is broken eye vessels. Thats hardcore dude. Enjoy the doughnuts. U earned them.

Maharg
02-04-09, 8:50 pm
Well my chest day sucked. First time doing heavy DB bench in a very long time, an it showed.

Db bench
50x12 felt really loose and awkward.
75x10 felt better
100x8
110x6
130xfail. My shoulder made a funny noise so i just dropped them. Not gonna fuck with it.

Barbell flat bench
225x6
275x1
I think we were using a bent bar, because both me and my dad can normally hammer out 275 with no sweat, but he only got 3, an i barely got the one. IT seemed like the left side was heavier an even my dad noticed that when he was under it.

Decline bench
225x6
275x3 WTF

Incline Hs press
1ppsx12
2ppsx10
2pps+25x10
3ppsx6
1pps+25x15

Cable flys
50x15
70x12
80x10
90x10

Seated military press
95x8
135x8
135x10

Machine side laterals. No idea of the weights or reps here. Just kept pinning it in and burning out.

Im just chalking it up as a ok workout. Was out of my home gym, and doing movements i never really get a chance to do. Oh well. Hopefully heavy deads on saturday night.

prowrestler
02-04-09, 11:43 pm
still a good lookin day man, db press are one of those things that almost scream at you dont fuck with me when u go heavy on them.

heavy deads are always sick

pmug0000
02-05-09, 12:11 am
Looks like a solid workout to me

SQUAT or DIE!
02-05-09, 12:15 am
not to bad day to me.. next time look at the bar before you use it..

prowrestler
02-05-09, 12:22 am
line your eyes with the bar and roll it for the bench

same idea for the deadlift

Maharg
02-05-09, 3:43 pm
Ok so my chest is alot more sore then i thought it would be. So i am happy bout that.

Hour of cardio and abs on the plate for tonight after work.

Big C
02-05-09, 3:59 pm
I see nothing wrong with the DB Bench bro.....you knocked around some good weight the entire w/o. Man I wish you could make it to Arnold.....sucks. Keep doin work little bro.

Maharg
02-09-09, 6:34 pm
Ugh, busy as hell lately. Work needed me to work 9 hours saturday, and 11 hours yesterday. Makes it hard to have any free time. Tomorrow leave for Kansas City for Meps, so be in a car for 3 hours. wednesday is a long day of being poked, prodded, and tested to see if i am fit enough to join the air force. My recruiter is worried i may be to big! WTF how can you be to big? Oh well. Fuck it all.

5 mins on elliptical to get heart rate going

5 sets of 10 on wide grip pull ups, chin way over bar.

Deadlifts
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x0 set my mind gripped the bar an my recruiter called right fucking then. I lost focus during the call an when i tried to reset it wouldnt budge.
315x8

reverse grip rows
135x12
185x10
225x8

Shrugs
315 for 4 sets of 15

Stiff arm pulldowns ss assited pull ups close grip.
100x15/ -50x12
120x12/-75x12
150x12/-100x15

Feel pretty damn good right now. I got alot of stuff worked off with those deadlifts. My life has been hectic an nothing makes it go away like squats and deads.

prowrestler
02-09-09, 6:45 pm
nice one man

oddly enough when i read you workout theme thats exactly what was on my mp3 lol

Maharg
02-09-09, 11:12 pm
nice one man

oddly enough when i read you workout theme thats exactly what was on my mp3 lol

Its a great tune. I love that opening guitar rift.

Maharg
02-11-09, 10:19 pm
Well, the last 2 days have been some of the most eventful an boring days of my life. Yesterday go hop on a van with 2 other guys to go to KC to register for MEPs. I get there, meet up with my roommate, a really cool marine. We chill in the room, watch tv, crash at 10 like lil bitches. Well, wake up is at 420, an we both wake up, i answer the phone, hang up, an we both sleep for 20 more mins. Then, off for morning briefing, breakfast, an off for medical.

This is fun, but also very boring, an sometimes down right gay. At one point I am in a room full of guys, all in boxers, and doing these motion tests to make sure we have a full ROM. We are all standing there calling the other gay for looking at a man with no shirt on in his undies. An i am the only guy overweight for the chart. So they have to tape me to check my bf ratio. When it pops up 12.6% at 208 i kinda smiled. Not bad for a fat guy. I go off for the piss test, an have to much protien in my urine. Imagine that.

Well got 1 hour to flush my system an do it again. Got cleared, an told i can now head off to meet my liason officer. First words he says? "Damn you are a big boy!" I then have to do the strength test to see how much weight i can put overhead. They rack the stack an i just rep it. After that they said i will have to do my Special forces test becuz few ppl can pick it up, or rep the deck. So i then pick my jobs, an head off to go swear in. So more sitting an waiting. Finally at 2PM i get called into the room an swear in, get a lil card, an told congrats, i am now offically in the Air Force.

I call my girl an she starts bawling. So i decide i will surprise her when i get dropped off. I walk into the restruant an like a fucking missle she sprints at me an jumps like 14ft to slam into me. Was one of those moments where you wonder "How the fuck did they do that!?"

Finally got home, talked with my family for a bit, then thought i would come up here an tell my second family. As it stands, i leave september 1st for Boot. Thats along time to sit and chill. Now, since i have been up for so fucking long, im out. Will see you all later.

pmug0000
02-11-09, 11:34 pm
Good workout maharg, and congrats on officially being in the air force. 12% BF at 208 is pretty damn good.

NJC_Manhattan
02-11-09, 11:37 pm
Ugh, busy as hell lately. Work needed me to work 9 hours saturday, and 11 hours yesterday. Makes it hard to have any free time. Tomorrow leave for Kansas City for Meps, so be in a car for 3 hours. wednesday is a long day of being poked, prodded, and tested to see if i am fit enough to join the air force. My recruiter is worried i may be to big! WTF how can you be to big? Oh well. Fuck it all.

5 mins on elliptical to get heart rate going

5 sets of 10 on wide grip pull ups, chin way over bar.

Deadlifts
135x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
455x0 set my mind gripped the bar an my recruiter called right fucking then. I lost focus during the call an when i tried to reset it wouldnt budge.
315x8

reverse grip rows
135x12
185x10
225x8

Shrugs
315 for 4 sets of 15

Stiff arm pulldowns ss assited pull ups close grip.
100x15/ -50x12
120x12/-75x12
150x12/-100x15

Feel pretty damn good right now. I got alot of stuff worked off with those deadlifts. My life has been hectic an nothing makes it go away like squats and deads.

Awesome day man. And I second that last part, lifting melts away most of my concerns... at least for the time im in the gym...

SQUAT or DIE!
02-16-09, 1:58 am
happy birthday michael...

Big C
02-16-09, 12:03 pm
Nice deadlifting little bro...I like those sets of triples. 455 had to be tough to get after all those grueling sets. Solid w/o overall and good luck with your other training as well.

Maharg
02-16-09, 10:15 pm
Sup folks? HAd a fun day. May post bout it later. Just will say, for my birthday dinner, i ate a 2lbs ribeye with a pound of country fries. Was amazing.

Pulldowns wide grip
105x20
135x15
150x12
195x12
225x10
250x8

Deads
135x12
225x10
315x8
365x4 wanted to save some for last set.
405x7

HS high row
1pps+25x12
2pps+25x12
3pps+25x12
3pps+25x8,2pps+25x8,1pps+25x12

Tbar close grip
90x12
135x10
180x8
180x6

Felt good. Went an had my steak after that an damn it is good PWO food.

Maharg
02-16-09, 10:16 pm
happy birthday michael...

Thanks steven. Much nicer then your facebook post.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-16-09, 10:31 pm
i had to be nice somehwere..

Maharg
02-16-09, 11:22 pm
i had to be nice somehwere..

Not me, im a dick anywhere i go.

pmug0000
02-17-09, 10:41 am
good workout maharg, happy birthday!

C.Coronato
02-17-09, 10:49 am
Damn thats volume. And PWO. Steak? It does not get much better!

prowrestler
02-17-09, 11:56 am
Sup folks? HAd a fun day. May post bout it later. Just will say, for my birthday dinner, i ate a 2lbs ribeye with a pound of country fries. Was amazing.

Pulldowns wide grip
105x20
135x15
150x12
195x12
225x10
250x8

Deads
135x12
225x10
315x8
365x4 wanted to save some for last set.
405x7

HS high row
1pps+25x12
2pps+25x12
3pps+25x12
3pps+25x8,2pps+25x8,1pps+25x12

Tbar close grip
90x12
135x10
180x8
180x6

Felt good. Went an had my steak after that an damn it is good PWO food.

sick day man, all that birthday food had to help i bet

Reko
02-17-09, 12:54 pm
I think this weekend coming up or one that is coming up soon - there is a charity lifting competition at the mall or something in springfield and some of the STRONG people are lifting in it. Might be a good time to go in and meet some of them. Maybe lift in it too.

They are also thinking about putting on an APF meet in may sometime. You should think about it if you aren't (and if you are!) doing that one in branson or whatever.

Firedrake
02-17-09, 10:34 pm
Damn, M. That was a hella workout! I'm amazed by your pulldowns and your deads. I like your idea of a PWO meal!

T o m m Y
02-17-09, 10:41 pm
nice deads bro

Maharg
02-18-09, 7:34 pm
Whoo, finally got the sickness thats been wiping out my family. Woke up at 3 this morning coughing up a pound of junk that had settled into my chest. Been coughing ever since. When i went to run my mile today i had to stop at the halfway point coughed so hard my lungs hurt then just turned at went home. So took a easy workout today.

Bench
barx15
135x12
225x8
245x8
275x6 Coughed so hard i thought i was gonna lose a lung.
225x11

Incline dbs
55x12
65x10
70x10
80x12

Cable crossovers
60x12
80x10
90x10
90x8

Cable extensions
100x15
120x12
150x10
190x10
220x10

Dips bw
10, 12, 12, 15

Went to do 20 mins of cardio an just quit at the 7 minute mark. It hurt my lungs so i said fuck it. Gonna take a handful of vitamins an vitamin c an try an get rid of it quick.

pmug0000
02-18-09, 11:34 pm
Strong benching maharg, I hope that cough goes away.

prowrestler
02-18-09, 11:47 pm
solid day man,coughin is a bitch, i can imagine what its like while benchin

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-09, 1:25 am
great work getting strong there M, cough syrup is your friend, just try to be responsible with it..

Maharg
02-23-09, 7:18 pm
Speed was the name of the game today with legs. My dad an i are both still sick, so we decided we would make a challenge out of light weights. Decided tag was the best way. As soon as got done, would tap the other one for their turn. Twist is, you are trying to catch as much wind as possible during your time, so towards the end it took us a few secs to tag the other in. It was a huge hit of cardio. I think we got all the squats done in 15 mins.

Squats
barx20
135x12
225x12
275x12
315x12
315x10
135x20

Sldl 185x12, 4 sets.

During the set of 135x20 i was on like rep 14 an i coughed up this huge loogie. So my dad handed me the puke bucket so i could spit it out an finish up. Fun times. But i did beat the old man on the second set of 315. He only managed 315x6 so i felt happy.

Maharg
02-23-09, 7:19 pm
By the way, if you want to feel like a zombie, try taking cough syrup that makes you drowsy with a serving of shock therapy. Your body has no idea what the fuck to do.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-23-09, 7:22 pm
By the way, if you want to feel like a zombie, try taking cough syrup that makes you drowsy with a serving of shock therapy. Your body has no idea what the fuck to do.

LOL that sounds like a weekend adventure to me!!

prowrestler
02-23-09, 7:25 pm
Speed was the name of the game today with legs. My dad an i are both still sick, so we decided we would make a challenge out of light weights. Decided tag was the best way. As soon as got done, would tap the other one for their turn. Twist is, you are trying to catch as much wind as possible during your time, so towards the end it took us a few secs to tag the other in. It was a huge hit of cardio. I think we got all the squats done in 15 mins.

Squats
barx20
135x12
225x12
275x12
315x12
315x10
135x20

Sldl 185x12, 4 sets.

During the set of 135x20 i was on like rep 14 an i coughed up this huge loogie. So my dad handed me the puke bucket so i could spit it out an finish up. Fun times. But i did beat the old man on the second set of 315. He only managed 315x6 so i felt happy.

nice squats

Maharg
02-23-09, 7:25 pm
LOL that sounds like a weekend adventure to me!!

Oh god it was fucking with me dude. Dont plan on ever doing that shit again before a workout. But yea, i think a thing of nyquil an a double dose of shock therapy could make for a hell of a night.

Big C
02-23-09, 7:55 pm
Solid "light" squatting and showing your old man up....haha jk...good w/o being sick sucks i had something last week and it definately dampens my training sessions.

Legs are gonna be sore bro from that be ready.

Maharg
02-23-09, 10:22 pm
Solid "light" squatting and showing your old man up....haha jk...good w/o being sick sucks i had something last week and it definately dampens my training sessions.

Legs are gonna be sore bro from that be ready.

Lol 315 is normally just my first work set. An yea, my legs are already feeling it. Should be a blast.

An you gotta know my old man to know why its a feat. My pops in his mid 40's moves alot of weight 20 yearolds cant budge.

StockRock
02-23-09, 10:25 pm

hahahaha

Maharg
02-24-09, 10:14 pm
Chest day, all done in 40 mins. Had to get it all done at 5, be done eating by 5:30, then be at DEPs by 6. This made my chest workout a hellacious cardio session.

Bench
barx25
135x20
225x12
245x8
275x4

Wide chest HS press
2ppsx12
3ppsx10
3+25x8

Incline DB press
80x8
90x6
75x10

cable crossover
42.5 kilosx10
47.5 kilosx10
52.5x8

Went to ruby tuesdays an had a bison cheeseburger. This proved to be a very bad idea.

Then at Deps we had a push up contest. My first set i did 75 reps, which gets me into the final 4, me an another kid tie at 50, so then we have to do a situp contest. Im 205 or so, an the kid i am facing is 165. So we start up an when it ends, 5 situps difference. I was pissed. But oh well. Next time no heavy meals before Deps.

pmug0000
02-24-09, 10:26 pm
You're a beast, that's nuts you could still do 75 pushups after all that benching.

Vaze_06
02-24-09, 10:28 pm
u sick guy.... nice work out

Maharg
02-25-09, 8:17 pm
Good ole arm day. First one in a very long time.

rope extensions for elbow warm up
50x20x2
80x12
100x12
120x12
140x12

Dips
bwx12
+25x12
+70x12
+90x10
+135x6

Skulls
75x10
95x10
115x10
135x8
75x14

EZ bar curls
75x12
95x12
115x10
135x10
155x8
75x17

Hammer curls
40x8
50x8
50x10

Big C
02-25-09, 9:03 pm
Damn bro now THAT is how you train arms nuff said. I'm impressed....keep those strength gains comin. I am taking you under my wing little bro...lol.

Maharg
02-25-09, 10:27 pm
Damn bro now THAT is how you train arms nuff said. I'm impressed....keep those strength gains comin. I am taking you under my wing little bro...lol.

Do me a favor an try not to suffocate me with your lats.

T o m m Y
02-25-09, 10:30 pm
wow
your arms must of been pumped as hell

pmug0000
02-25-09, 11:37 pm
Damn your arms are strong!

prowrestler
02-25-09, 11:39 pm
nice arm day man

Maharg
02-26-09, 12:06 am
wow
your arms must of been pumped as hell
Lol yea, i had a bit of blood in the area.

Damn your arms are strong!
The triceps are genetic. My dad has strapped 3 45's an a 25 around his waist for a set once. So trying to keep up just made me stronger quicker.

nice arm day man

You know how it is, gotta get the pump every now an then.

prowrestler
02-26-09, 12:42 am
the pump is awsome once you comeback from PL or strongman kinda training. i think it gets stringer cuz your CNS develops real well in strength sports

Maharg
02-27-09, 11:07 pm
Back day!

Pull ups dead hang
bwx12, 10
+20lbsx8
reverse grip pull ups
bw 14 12

Db rows
100x12x4 sets

Shrugs
135x12
225x12
315x10
365x8
365x8
405x10 strapped

Cable rows
200x12
250x12
300x12
350x10

Single arm stiff arm pulldowns
40x12
50x10
60x10
70x8
80x8

Left. My girlfriend decided she wanted to meet my parents tonight so got to enjoy that adventure. After that got to go to her house an laze around a bit. Then her roommate showed up with her kids. after sticking around for awhile longer got kicked out the door at 9, an none of my buddies were willing to do anything at such late notice. Pansy ass bastards.

Big C
02-27-09, 11:10 pm
Girlfriend???...girlfriend c'mon bro when did this happen, haha?!

Strong back workout looks like we both killed it 2nite...those cable rows caught my eye strong #s there. What weight you holdin steady at now?

I know you'll be with me in spirit this Friday little bro I will try and throw some decent reps up....in the mean time keep doin what ur doin it's working.

Maharg
02-27-09, 11:14 pm
Girlfriend???...girlfriend c'mon bro when did this happen, haha?!

Strong back workout looks like we both killed it 2nite...those cable rows caught my eye strong #s there. What weight you holdin steady at now?

I know you'll be with me in spirit this Friday little bro I will try and throw some decent reps up....in the mean time keep doin what ur doin it's working.

lol i have had this girl for awhile. I just dont post all that stuff up.

Yea, we have these special made weight hooks so we can add extra weights. My bw these days is staying steady at around 205. I honestly need to cut though.

Dude you have no idea how much i wish i could be there in person cheering you on.

Big C
02-27-09, 11:31 pm
No worries bro....the girl is good for ya as long as she doesn't try and keep you away from the gym, looks like u have nothing to worry about. 205 seems pretty damn solid...I remember back in the day I weighed that and actually felt a helluva lot better...it sucks carrying all this weight around I get winded lacing my lifting shoes no joke.

lol i have had this girl for awhile. I just dont post all that stuff up.

Yea, we have these special made weight hooks so we can add extra weights. My bw these days is staying steady at around 205. I honestly need to cut though.

Dude you have no idea how much i wish i could be there in person cheering you on.

Maharg
02-27-09, 11:39 pm
No worries bro....the girl is good for ya as long as she doesn't try and keep you away from the gym, looks like u have nothing to worry about. 205 seems pretty damn solid...I remember back in the day I weighed that and actually felt a helluva lot better...it sucks carrying all this weight around I get winded lacing my lifting shoes no joke.

Yea,,, well today while i was on the way to the gym she tried to convince me not to go. Like she ran across the road, jumped in my car, an while i was sitting in front of the gym wanted me to skip just one day. Wasnt willing to do that.

Im a pretty happy light heavy, but im curious as to how i will feel at 185. Seems like a more natural lean weight for me. An its just a goal.

Dude, i feel you on the shoes. I wear my work boots alot an the bastards take 20 minutes to tie. By the time im done with the first one i am red faced an breathing hard just from all the blood in my head.

prowrestler
02-27-09, 11:40 pm
nice back day man

yep, 9 ocklock is damn late

Maharg
03-02-09, 10:31 pm
Chest day. Was running late to the gym, my girl an i were driving around the park when the truck in front of us died so guess who had to push it out of the fucking road? Yea, i didnt mind helping, but it was inconvient. Oh well, got to the gym, an she decided to hang a bit, an wants to come back thursday to try an get into it. Its a girl after my heart for sure.

Incline bench. I never locked it out, only went about 2/3 to the top trying to keep my triceps out.
barx50
135x12
185x12
225x10
245x8
135x25 Burned like a branding iron

Flat flyes
50x10
50x10
50x12
40x15

Dips
bwx15
+45x12
+90x10

Short an sweet. We just did a short workout cuz it was a fun filled day. My moms car pretty much exploded, so my parents went an bought a new car, an didnt get to the gym till we are normally on our second exercise. So we just said fuck it. Back an Deads tomorrow, Shoulders an arms Thursday, an legs Saturday.

Big C
03-02-09, 10:34 pm
Strong stuff Mike....real good work. Man you midwest boys are strong as hell...I love starting my chest w/o with some heavy incline work nothin better. Rest up you got deads on the horizon son!

Maharg
03-02-09, 10:37 pm
Strong stuff Mike....real good work. Man you midwest boys are strong as hell...I love starting my chest w/o with some heavy incline work nothin better. Rest up you got deads on the horizon son!

lol dude its scary how well we can time our posts.

pmug0000
03-02-09, 10:50 pm
Those dips are sick

prowrestler
03-02-09, 11:02 pm
Chest day. Was running late to the gym, my girl an i were driving around the park when the truck in front of us died so guess who had to push it out of the fucking road? Yea, i didnt mind helping, but it was inconvient. Oh well, got to the gym, an she decided to hang a bit, an wants to come back thursday to try an get into it. Its a girl after my heart for sure.

Incline bench. I never locked it out, only went about 2/3 to the top trying to keep my triceps out.
barx50
135x12
185x12
225x10
245x8
135x25 Burned like a branding iron

Flat flyes
50x10
50x10
50x12
40x15

Dips
bwx15
+45x12
+90x10

Short an sweet. We just did a short workout cuz it was a fun filled day. My moms car pretty much exploded, so my parents went an bought a new car, an didnt get to the gym till we are normally on our second exercise. So we just said fuck it. Back an Deads tomorrow, Shoulders an arms Thursday, an legs Saturday.

nice chest day man

Maharg
03-03-09, 11:39 am
Those dips are sick
Lol i think my personal record is 135. My dad has repped out 180, so i got some naturally genetic strong triceps. Gotta love it.

nice chest day man

I do what i can, be glad when your chest heals up so you can start putting up the big weights again.

Maharg
03-04-09, 10:31 am
Back day from yesterday. Had to work a close last night right after i got done so didnt get to post it.

Pull ups, dead hang
5 sets of 10 bw

Deads. Didnt go well. My ham glute tie in wouldnt agree.
135x12
225x10
315x8
405x5
405x2
225x15

Reverse grip barbell row
135x12
185x12
225x10

Stiff arm lat pulldowns
125x15
145x15
165x12

Big C
03-04-09, 10:44 am
Ehhh looks like it went pretty well man....deads are killer. I often don't have much gas in the tank afterwards so I usually only throw in 2 more back exercises. Way to go bro!

prowrestler
03-04-09, 6:24 pm
very good work on the deads man

ill be glad, when im back to heavy benching its only after ive made my attempt to bullet proof my chest with muscle mass

Firedrake
03-04-09, 6:27 pm
I'd say it was a pretty good session, M. -- ya did all right! Keep pullin'!

Maharg
03-10-09, 10:14 pm
Back day. Did way more high reps then normal for just a change

Assited pull ups
-112x25
-90x20
-75x20
-50x15
-40x12
bwx10

Tbar rows
2piesx20
3piesx15
4piesx12
5piesx10
3piesx20

Stiff arm pulldown
120x20
140x15
160x12
180x10

Seated rows
200x15
250x15
300x12
350x12

Maharg
03-12-09, 8:02 pm
Chest day. Short an sweet. Got it done in 45 minutes i think.

Flat bench
barx12
135x8
225x8
245x8
275x5
305x2

Incline DB press
65x12
75x10
100x10
100x8

Incline flyes
50x10
50x8
55x8

Big C
03-12-09, 8:08 pm
Damn bro solid back and chest days......movin some weight for sure. You still cutting or you puttin some weight on now?

Let me know if your career lands you in or near Ohio bro!

Maharg
03-12-09, 8:09 pm
Damn bro solid back and chest days......movin some weight for sure. You still cutting or you puttin some weight on now?

Let me know if your career lands you in or near Ohio bro!

Im losing weight still. sitting pretty at 202. Ohio is chance, but my main choices put me over seas in Germany.

prowrestler
03-12-09, 8:38 pm
good back chest days maharg

Maharg
03-15-09, 10:18 am
Legs from yesterday. My internet was down so couldnt post it. But went into the gym with a goal. No single digits. Double digits or failure, no other excuse.

High stance Leg press. Did this to hit more of the hams with a heavy move.
3ppsx20
5ppsx20
7ppsx15
8ppsx12
9ppsx12
6ppsx30

Hack squats. Just went up by quarters to make sure didnt overload an could make depth.
1ppsx12
+25x12
+25x12
+25x12

Calves seated and standing 5 sets on both.

Lying leg curl
90x12
105x12
125x10
145x10

Squats
135x15
185x12
225x10
275x7.5 failed at the way up. I was fighting for it though. I wanted 10 but didnt quite make it.

I hurt all over my lower body today. My tear drops feel like someone stabbed them. An i dont even want to talk about my hams. God it feels good.

Big C
03-15-09, 10:37 am
Big time leg w/o there little bro....I like those high stance leg press's haven't done those in a while but definately a reality check as far as amount of weight that can be used. I need to throw those in sometime soon. And squats at the end...interesting. Solid work!

Forgot to tell you I trained legs w/ hola last friday night at metro...remember to ask him how freakin hot it was! He said his hometown gym was much cooler lol!

Vaze_06
03-15-09, 10:46 am
sick work out

prowrestler
03-15-09, 11:33 am
ouch, looks painful

Maharg
03-23-09, 9:20 pm
I am still alive. I just took a week off. Needed the break. things have been interesting in my life lately. My gf of a month an a half broke up with me becuz i wouldnt talk about getting married an having kids with her after such a short time. Now, even though we dont date, we still hang out an have fun. But she acts like we are still a couple, an doesnt want me dating other girls, while she hangs with other guys. When i told her i was staying with a girl friend of mine who got robbed the other night an was scared to be alone, she flipped. Wanted to know everything i did while there. I think i got a fucking crazy bitch to deal with.

Anyways, back to the weights. My bro has moved back, an now is gonna start lifting with my dad an I, so should be fun.

Flat bench
barx25
135x15
225x12
245x10
275x7
225x11

Incline db press
75x12
90x10
100x7

cable flys
60x15
70x12
80x10

Cable extensions
100x12
130x12
170x12
190x10
225x8

close grip bench to belly button
135x12
185x12
185x10

pmug0000
03-23-09, 11:31 pm
Strong pressing maharg

Firedrake
03-24-09, 1:40 am
Good luck with the "female problems" -- I remember one that had us married and putting the kids in to private church school on the second date . . . there never was a third, let me tell you.

We all need breaks from time to time -- it's a recharge. Enjoy it, and get back when you're ready. It certainly doesn't look like it hurt you at all . . . *grin*

Maharg
03-31-09, 10:55 pm
*brushing off dust and debris* Whats good fellas?
Shit has been very hectic. Never quit lifting, but fuck, the world seems to be falling around my shoulders.

Back day
pulldowns hammer grip
75x20
120x20
150x15
185x12
220x10

Tbars
100x12
145x12
190x12
235x10

HS iso high row
2ppsx15
2+25x12
3ppsx10

Hex bar shrugs
225x15
315x15
405x15

pulldowns straight grip
150x4x12

pullovers
155x10
180x10
200x8
220x8

then went to Air Force reporting an got more prepared for Boot Camp an Tech school. Just cant wait.

T o m m Y
03-31-09, 11:03 pm
Strong chest day man,damn...

prowrestler
03-31-09, 11:11 pm
good shit dude

SQUAT or DIE!
04-01-09, 12:51 am
Good luck with the "female problems" -- I remember one that had us married and putting the kids in to private church school on the second date . . . there never was a third, let me tell you.

is this pertaining to the message u sent me??? in regards to the lady problems

drake- at least my girl waited about a month before she started making plans.. aint scared me away yet-she cooks to well.. LOL

SQUAT or DIE!
04-01-09, 12:51 am
btw ur a loser and your have nice wos....

Maharg
04-01-09, 12:53 am
btw ur a loser and your have nice wos....

Thats ok, your a cock an your workouts suck. It evens out.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-01-09, 12:56 am
Thats ok, your a cock an your workouts suck. It evens out.

tocuhe sir touche...

Maharg
04-02-09, 8:53 pm
Another update of my personal life. My ex gf today told me she still loves me, an says she wants to try again. We have dated twice in 1 school year, an she says the 3rd time will be the charm. Well, i keep telling her no, an i am trying to move on. I have another girl i am trying to make mine, but its hard when you have a crazy bitch texting you every other minute. But, on the bright side, My boi called me today to tell me he graduates tomorrow from Marine Core Boot camp. I was shocked, an he told me i was the first person besides his family he has talked too since he got his phone back. I cant wait to have him home so we can kick back an Bullshit together.

Leg day
barx15
135x15
225x12
315x3x10
225x12

SLDL
135x15
185x10
225x8

Lunges
50x20 steps 3 times.

Not much, but it was what i needed. It got my mind off some things, which is what i wanted. Hopefully my crazy ass ex gets the clue here soon.

widdlewade44
04-02-09, 8:57 pm
Solid leg session brother.

Ditch the ex, change the phone number if need be and a big Congrats and Semper Fi to the new Marine!

Kevin
Sgt '88-93
USMC
widdlewade44

mcbeast
04-02-09, 8:58 pm
Your still alive.You dont answer your phone,i email you all the time,i tried your mom and dad,everything! Where have you been. -insert tears and puppy dog frown-

Ha,kidding!

Good workout.

Three words

Ditch The Bitch

arent you leaving soon anyway?

mcbeast
04-02-09, 8:59 pm
Solid leg session brother.

Ditch the ex, change the phone number if need be and a big Congrats and Semper Fi to the new Marine!

Kevin
Sgt '88-93
USMC
widdlewade44

Hoo-Ah ;)

Big C
04-02-09, 9:26 pm
Ahhh girl problems lol.........I remember those days.

Glad you're still alive bro I was getting worried....kick ass session teachin those wheels a thing or two good work.

Maharg
04-02-09, 10:52 pm
Your still alive.You dont answer your phone,i email you all the time,i tried your mom and dad,everything! Where have you been. -insert tears and puppy dog frown-

Ha,kidding!

Good workout.

Three words

Ditch The Bitch

Send me your new number. Got a new phone, an lost all my numbers. It sucks, but i need your number. text me dude.

Maharg
04-02-09, 11:06 pm

Ha,kidding!

Good workout.

Three words

Ditch The Bitch

By the way, my phone was broke for a week an a half.

Firedrake
04-03-09, 1:21 am
Props to your friend in the Corps and good luck to you in dealing with the ex.

I've been there, done that, and threw out the t-shirt.

Maharg
04-05-09, 12:02 am
Fridays chest work out

Flat bench
barx20
135x15
225x10
275x7
315x1pr
315x1.5pr
225x11

Lying cable flyes
55x7
45x10
50x10

Dips
bwx12
+45x2x12

Incline db
60x10
75x10
90x11

prowrestler
04-05-09, 2:47 am
nice one man

mcbeast
04-05-09, 6:21 pm
325 next week.You dig?

SizeMatters
04-14-09, 8:01 pm
hey man been lurking around for a while and figured id drop in, nice pr bro im deff down for this ride.

Maharg
07-02-10, 9:54 pm
Idk if ppl here remember me. If not, oh well. If you do, you know at one point i had my head up my ass, an then disappeared. things happened, an i changed. A pretty traumatic event happened to me, an for awhile i left the world of weight lifting, an dug my self into a world of illegal goods to try an cover up the pain. It was a stupid move, i lost alot of muscle mass, an nearly ended up in a bad place.

Finally I was at a party, an something snapped. the old driving force that always screamed get big woke up, an once it saw what i was into, kicked my own ass. I was at a party, an was surrounded by things an ppl who i always told myself i would avoid. I stood up, walked out of the house, an was in the gym the next day.

I am currently back to weighing 205, an moving close to my old numbers. not quite back where i was, but working to get there. But the biggest change is im now more of a MMA fighter. Transformed my shop into a full gym, with over 500lbs of olympic weights, a Steel powercage, a heavy bag for striking, a throwing dummy, 16x16 Impact mat, an a treadmill. It has turned me from a stoner coach potato in to a lean quiet force to be respected. I cut all ties i had to the underworld, an now focus one day competing on a big stage of MMA, or being able to step up for any challenge, be it Bodybuilding, Strongman, or powerlifting.

If you remember me enough to check this, thank you. If you just read this, ill try an post when i can to give you a look into my world.

Big C
07-02-10, 10:41 pm
Bro it really is good to hear from you once again. .....I'm glad you can now seperate yourself from the bad influences of the world.

You know if things go wrong ...you can always hit me up bro. For real.

mcbeast
07-02-10, 11:32 pm
Mikey is back! SUHWEET...Im subbed big guy. Btw, we have to roll when I get there in september, haha.

Maharg
07-03-10, 12:15 am
Thanks guys. Its good to know there are still a few guys who i can rely on. An eddie, you better bring it. My goal is to compete at 185 in some local shows in the next 18 months.

Maharg
07-08-10, 2:22 pm
Again, lack of internet is a pain. Dont feel like dragging up the log book for the last few days, so here is what went down today.

MMA cardio circuit:

5 mins working over heavy bag with strikes an kicks.

3 mins working sprawls

3 mins working suplexs with 125lbs throwing dummy

25 hanging leg raises

30 crunches, 15 crunches on each alternating side.

3 min ground an pound on throwing dummy.

Made the rotation 4 times, then did 20 mins running on treadmill. Legs tomorrow. Hoping to work with a cambered bar to see if there is a noticable difference.

mcbeast
07-08-10, 2:43 pm
Again, lack of internet is a pain. Dont feel like dragging up the log book for the last few days, so here is what went down today.

MMA cardio circuit:

5 mins working over heavy bag with strikes an kicks.

3 mins working sprawls

3 mins working suplexs with 125lbs throwing dummy

25 hanging leg raises

30 crunches, 15 crunches on each alternating side.

3 min ground an pound on throwing dummy.

Made the rotation 4 times, then did 20 mins running on treadmill. Legs tomorrow. Hoping to work with a cambered bar to see if there is a noticable difference.

=Pain!

Maharg
07-08-10, 2:47 pm
=Pain!

Dude its like 92 degrees here an humid as hell. I downed a gallon of water during the workout an prolly sweat just as much out. Nothing like a big tin building to hold in the heat.

mcbeast
07-08-10, 2:49 pm
Dude its like 92 degrees here an humid as hell. I downed a gallon of water during the workout an prolly sweat just as much out. Nothing like a big tin building to hold in the heat.

Yeah its 84 right now. Plus the humidity in the gym. It was great!

Maharg
07-09-10, 2:25 pm
Had a sparring session with my dad last night. We threw on the heavy gloves an at first was just doing drills. Then Playing around lead to us throwing with a bit more force. I was feeling cocky cuz i was getting in a groove, an started taunting him. Next thing i know he grins, an says alright lets play. Next thing i know im bobbing an weaving, an all of a sudden i catch a straight right, right in the forehead. At which point in time i concede defeat an had to regain my bearings. Old bastard walloped me good.

Got a job interview monday morning at a grocery store, so discounts on food. Finally be able to pack in the lean clean food again. My new goal is drop to 190, while keeping the mass i have hopefully. Ive discovered weighing 210-215 is just to much for my heart at the moment when sparring an rolling. I think i could drop to 190 an compete at 170 if i ever think im ready to compete at the local level.

mcbeast
07-09-10, 3:34 pm
Good stuff man. What store did you apply at?

Maharg
07-09-10, 3:35 pm
Good stuff man. What store did you apply at?

Dillions supermarket. A local chain that is union, an pays well.

mcbeast
07-09-10, 3:37 pm
Dillions supermarket. A local chain that is union, an pays well.

Whats that huge store we went to way back when? They have supplements and everything too. Dirt cheap. Do you recall?

Maharg
07-12-10, 4:02 pm
Whats that huge store we went to way back when? They have supplements and everything too. Dirt cheap. Do you recall?

Lol ya, i still go there. Its food4less. Always got the good shit in.

Big C
07-12-10, 4:04 pm
What's up old friend?

U get that job or what?? Damn i worked at a supermarket for 6 years back in the day and never got shit, haha. Hope training is goin good.

Maharg
07-19-10, 8:23 pm
Trained back today, first time pulling 455 again in months. Got done an did some light bag work an abs at the home gym.

Yea i start the new job in 2 days. An ill be getting a employee discount so i will be getting animal supps at a discount. Massive amounts of food an supps are in my future.

Firedrake
08-09-10, 1:28 am
So, where've you been, bro? What's up?

Maharg
08-09-10, 1:45 am
So, where've you been, bro? What's up?

Basically ive been hidden away in my fortress of solitude. Im starting college on the 25. An Im switching over to a powerlifting routine for the next 12 weeks. Goal is to get my squat back to 455, an see if i can get me deadlift up to 500. Im lucky that i work in produce at my job. Am allowed to keep a cooler of food in the fridge unit to try an keep my food intake up.

Firedrake
08-09-10, 1:50 am
Sounds good. Good luck with college! I look forward to seeing the new routine sometime.

Maharg
08-09-10, 2:02 am
Sounds good. Good luck with college! I look forward to seeing the new routine sometime.

Lol if i plan it out ill post it up. I train with my dad an we both take turn picking lifts. so it changes week to week. All i know is we have a 6x4 rep scheme planned for the big 3 lifts.

Big C
08-09-10, 2:32 pm
What's up "little" brother....just stoppin by to say what's up and hope all is well with you. Hope things are getting better for u man I'm always in your corner.

Vaze_06
08-10-10, 9:56 pm
welll......... where are the work outs? u have a new laptop so u have no reason not to post them. dont make the lady angry or ima bring u hell maharg!

Maharg
08-11-10, 7:11 pm
Wasnt really a powerlifting day. I was supposed to take the week off but i had the itch to lift. Went an did shoulders an triceps. Didnt go super heavy, just heavy enough to enjoy.

Shoulder warm up.
15x20
25x15

Hangclean an press
95x15
135x12
155x10
175x10
135x14

Seated side laterals
25x12
35x10
40x8

Seated machine press
115x15
125x15
135x13

Cable rear delts
30x10x3

Shrugs cuz a cerrtain memeber made fun of how small mine were.
225x12
315x10
405x8

Triceps

rope pushdowns to warm up the joint
60x15x2

Dips
bwx12
+45x12
+90x10

Single arm pushdowns
60x10
70x10

flipped hands over
40x7
30x10

Straight bar
150x8 drop 100x10 50x15

Firedrake
08-11-10, 7:18 pm
I -know- how you feel. I had a kidney procedure done Monday, and I -had- to get in today -- I couldn't take it any more.

Nice work!

Big C
08-11-10, 8:09 pm
Nice workout there Mike....and I'm happy to see you gettin that strength back.

Full steam ahead brother!!!

Maharg
08-20-10, 8:45 pm
Active recovery this week. Just keeping the body goin until the power cycle starts. Bought a can of stak, an in 2 weeks will pick up Mstak. I think i was dehydrated today cause i was cramping up bad.

Stretched out for 15 mins

Squats
barx25
135x20
185x15
225x15

Sldl
135x10x4

Donkey calf raise

Leg extension ss lying leg curl
100x15x3

Just wanted blood flow an to stay light. Worked for me. Next week will prolly start adding weight. Oh an my dad got his test levels checked since he is 45 now, an his doc told him he is qualified for HRT.

Vaze_06
08-21-10, 11:02 pm
cuz a cerrtain memeber made fun of how small mine were.

no need to thank me... glad i could help.

SpankyC
08-21-10, 11:30 pm
Active recovery this week. Just keeping the body goin until the power cycle starts. Bought a can of stak, an in 2 weeks will pick up Mstak. I think i was dehydrated today cause i was cramping up bad.

Stretched out for 15 mins

Squats
barx25
135x20
185x15
225x15

Sldl
135x10x4

Donkey calf raise

Leg extension ss lying leg curl
100x15x3

Just wanted blood flow an to stay light. Worked for me. Next week will prolly start adding weight. Oh an my dad got his test levels checked since he is 45 now, an his doc told him he is qualified for HRT.

15 rep squats!! brutal!

Maharg
08-22-10, 10:48 am
15 rep squats!! brutal!

Lol thats just recovery work bud. Stick around an you will see 315 for sets of 20

mcbeast
08-22-10, 6:17 pm
Lol thats just recovery work bud. Stick around an you will see 315 for sets of 20

No balls. Mikey gets scurred when he has weight on his back.

Speakng of, you down for GVT squats when I run thru?

Maharg
08-22-10, 11:07 pm
No balls. Mikey gets scurred when he has weight on his back.

Speakng of, you down for GVT squats when I run thru?

Which is why my squat 500lbs is better then anything you have put up? Oh snap.

Idk what a GVT squat is. Guess im out of the loop

mcbeast
08-22-10, 11:22 pm
Which is why my squat 500lbs is better then anything you have put up? Oh snap.

Idk what a GVT squat is. Guess im out of the loop

GVT= German Volume Training= 10x10= You Go I Go= W/ 275? You down? Shoot me a text.

Maharg
08-23-10, 8:58 pm
Another day of light recovery lifting. Got this whole thing knocked out in bout 45 mins, an got a great pump.

Pulldowns
100x20 reps to warm up shoulders an biceps

Wide grip pull ups
3 sets of 12

T bar rows close grip
1 platex15
2plx15
3plx12
4plx10

Seated cable rows shoulder width
120lbsx12
140x12
150x10 drop 80x6

Assisted pull ups
-100lbsx23 reps

Short an sweet, just wanted the blood to flow. Was my first day of classes at college an had a pretty good time. Lots of lovely women just walking around. I have already set my eyes on 1 lovely young lady who i share a couple classes with that i think ill attempt to pursue.

Firedrake
08-23-10, 9:02 pm
Solid recovery work -- enjoy the sights at college!

SpankyC
08-23-10, 9:15 pm
Another day of light recovery lifting. Got this whole thing knocked out in bout 45 mins, an got a great pump.

Pulldowns
100x20 reps to warm up shoulders an biceps

Wide grip pull ups
3 sets of 12

T bar rows close grip
1 platex15
2plx15
3plx12
4plx10

Seated cable rows shoulder width
120lbsx12
140x12
150x10 drop 80x6

Assisted pull ups
-100lbsx23 reps

Short an sweet, just wanted the blood to flow. Was my first day of classes at college an had a pretty good time. Lots of lovely women just walking around. I have already set my eyes on 1 lovely young lady who i share a couple classes with that i think ill attempt to pursue.

nice back workout! first day of college is tomorrow for me!

Big C
08-23-10, 9:28 pm
What u talkin about...now THAT is a damn back workout. Real nice job.

Yeah, now go get that young woman!!!!!

Maharg
08-25-10, 8:51 pm
Another day at college down, another solid day. Less homework tonight, an went to a different gym to play with some extra equipment. Finally starting to work back into some heavier stuff.

Incline db press
50x15
70x10
100x8
115x6
125x4

Flat bench
135x10
185x8
205x6
225x4.5

Cable xovers
100lbsx12x4

Cybex shoulder press
45x10
70x10
90x8

Rear delts raises
20x10
35x7, 6

Tricep pushdowns
140x12
160x10
180x10
200x13 went to failure for sure.

assisted dips -100lbsx20.

The girl i mentioned before an i talked for a couple hours between classes today. Found out her name is emily an she is a art major who just wanted to study the human anatomy for fun. I had to resist the urge to tell her she could study mine anytime cuz i felt it may be just a touch to soon.

Maharg
08-26-10, 2:01 pm
Trying to decide what i want to do for legs tomorrow, so im gonna ask my family here for opinions.

should i go for 315x20 on squats? or heavy low reps on squats then heavy drop sets on leg press?

mcbeast
08-26-10, 4:27 pm
Trying to decide what i want to do for legs tomorrow, so im gonna ask my family here for opinions.

should i go for 315x20 on squats? or heavy low reps on squats then heavy drop sets on leg press?

Heavy..You wont hit 500 ever again :)

Maharg
08-26-10, 11:31 pm
Oh with my upcoming delivery 500 should be easy enough to return too. An my dad axed the 315x20 idea, he wants 225 for 4 sets of 15. This may be fun. Sept 1st starts the first week of the powerlifting cycle.

mcbeast
08-27-10, 12:15 am
Oh with my upcoming delivery 500 should be easy enough to return too. An my dad axed the 315x20 idea, he wants 225 for 4 sets of 15. This may be fun. Sept 1st starts the first week of the powerlifting cycle.

4x15? Thats it? Weak...225x10x10..Better get ready...

Maharg
09-01-10, 8:17 pm
Forgot to post up my back workout from monday. Oh well. Today was a power shift into heavier lower reps. Really liked how the workout turned out.

Bench
barx20
135x12
225x10
275x5, 4+1, 3+2, 1+2, 1+2. Basically right after i failed my dad was there to get heavy negatives an try an still power it up.

Db press. 100x4,80x6, 60x6, 40x9 all one big drop set.

Hang clean an press
95x10
135x8
135x8
135x6

Close grip bench
155x10
185x6
205x5

Rope pushdowns
100x24

Walked out feeling beat up like hamburger. Really not sure how much i weigh. i need to check with a scale eventually. Right now id guess around 207-210

Firedrake
09-01-10, 9:37 pm
NICE! I love the hang clean/press -- you're getting some great work done!