PDA

View Full Version : Help

rickkain
01-21-09, 8:21 pm
Alright here is my problem. I have been on whey protien and creatine pills for about 2 months now. I weighed 152 at the beggining and now I am weighing 170. I have seen improvment in my calfs and thighs but not much in my arms. I am also a 16 year old type 1 diabetic so im not sure if this has anything to do with it. I am also not dieting so im not sure if this might be the problem also. I want HUGE arms. I only life at school with is 4 days a week and we use the Bigger Fast Stronger (BFS) program. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!, Rick

strivin for more
01-21-09, 8:35 pm
well if youre seeing gains its a start if nothing else. could it be that youre mentally telling

yourself your arms arent big enough to fit your goals? try measuring things and writing

them down as a good starter.

rickkain
01-21-09, 8:38 pm
I probably am because I always want to be the best I can be. My arms right now are 5 inches.

strivin for more
01-21-09, 8:47 pm
well if you say you want to be the best you can be you need to go on a nice bulking

diet. im saying this because in your first post you said youre not currently on one.

im sure if you search and look around, you can find a diabetic-friendly one.

ionicrod
01-22-09, 1:48 am
Alright here is my problem. I have been on whey protien and creatine pills for about 2 months now. I weighed 152 at the beggining and now I am weighing 170. I have seen improvment in my calfs and thighs but not much in my arms. I am also a 16 year old type 1 diabetic so im not sure if this has anything to do with it. I am also not dieting so im not sure if this might be the problem also. I want HUGE arms. I only life at school with is 4 days a week and we use the Bigger Fast Stronger (BFS) program. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!, Rick

I probably am because I always want to be the best I can be. My arms right now are 5 inches.

haha, dont we all? i hope that bit about your arms being 5" is a typo, if not, sheesh, thats just unhealthy

so, youre not on a diet and want to get big?? you need to go to the diet section, and look around, that will solve all of your problems. nutrition is where its at.

C.Coronato
01-22-09, 10:29 am
Hey rick. I would say try measuring everything and keeping logs. For you personally to see that your growing is very hard, but for someone else to see it that doesnt see you everyday, is much easier. Also the numbers in that log dont lie my man. You are at the prime of growing at 16, and you should eat what you can. Like ionic said, check out the diet section, there you can find many many diets along with people who share your same goals.

rickkain
01-22-09, 10:39 am
What could I use for a log book? Just like a notebook? Also what do I write down? The reps and sets I do everyday or what?

Aggression
01-22-09, 10:43 am
What could I use for a log book? Just like a notebook? Also what do I write down? The reps and sets I do everyday or what?

Yeah, you can use anything. a big notebook, a notepad, anything to help keep you organized. some people just write down the exercises, sets, reps, and weight. others do all that, and also write down everything they eat during the day.

I'd say start out keeping a log of your workouts (weights/reps/sets/exercises). hit the gym each week and try to beat your last workout in either reps or weight. if you are having a hard time beating your logbook, then it means its time to increase your food intake. at that point, add another meal in the day, or add extra food to each meal.

search the threads here in the diet section. you'll find a lot of info on good ways to bulk on mass.

theharjmann
01-22-09, 10:52 am
I want HUGE arms. I only life at school with is 4 days a week

HUGE arms......they will come from years and years of training, eating, drinking tons of water and sleeping

As for the workout it seems good...4 times is enough...you dont wanna be doing any more, especially at your age...in fact, if i were you i would drop to 3 days.

Torque757
01-22-09, 1:00 pm

Thanks!, Rick

Its this simple: Calories are like little weights. If, at the end of the day, you you burn(give away) more then you take in (add), you get Lighter. and vise versa. So, maybe the amount of calories you were eating were good for gains now, but now that you weigh more, you need to eat more.

k1usa
01-22-09, 2:15 pm
so you want the big arms....try this for a arm day...forst buy the ARMS DVD from Animal...its the best tutorial....then look at this forums many places at training guides...but in general...i work Bi's tri's and forarms on the same day...here is how it goes in the most part and remember...dont fucking count...go to burn...till it wont move...till you puke an get dizzy

4+ sets BB curles asending weights
4+ sets hammers DB's assending weights
4+ sets preacher curls..last set go negitive
4+ sets cable curles desending sets

4 sets flat bench smith B close grip press
4 sets skull crushers
4 or more sets cable / rope tri's push down
4 +sets tri push down straight bar cable
4 sets cable kick backs

4+ sets for arm reverse curles
4 sets cable reverse curles
4 sets seated BB wrist curls

this should take you 45 mins...no stopping...just hit it and get it...go to failure...dont count...stay focused and mix in some negitives and you can super and giant set these moves bro...its all about mixing things up and not getting board...

never give up

rickkain
01-22-09, 3:39 pm
Thanks guys! I really apprciate it!

rickkain
01-22-09, 4:08 pm
Where can I pick up the ARMS DVD from Animal?

k1usa
01-22-09, 4:23 pm
on tha animal site as well as the bodybuilding, .com site...they are the best ever bro... you will not find a better look at what it takes...no dialog...just fucking hard grinding and pounding of iron...the way it should be