PDA

View Full Version : Meditation and powerlifting

cyrin203
01-22-09, 2:38 am
I recently got turned on to Vipassana meditation. I noticed my lifting performance improving. It also helps with endurance. Anyone else into both meditation and lifting?

What kind of meditation practice you follow? Are you object or vision or thought centered?

SQUAT or DIE!
01-22-09, 2:42 am
i dont meditate, but i like to chill before a lift most of the time, and get my mind straight, imagine making the lift..... seems to help me..

sodapop
01-22-09, 7:53 am
I've been thinking of taking up some form of meditation, to help with stress. I was afraid it would make me too "calm", though, and interfere with workouts. I guess the opposite may be true.

BB
02-10-09, 11:13 pm
weird stuff sounds interesting, cant say i have ever come across it but let me know if it works. might be worth a try

Gambit
02-10-09, 11:17 pm
I take time out of my day to meditate. I started doing it around the same time I started yoga (which I've since fallen away from) but I continue to meditate. I'm a firm believer in that you can find answers and peace from within, and that helps me with my bodybuilding. In all honesty, it's definitely helped me with my mind-muscle connection exponentially.

I recommend practicing satori everyday... in all actions.

MELTDOWN
02-10-09, 11:24 pm
i dont meditate, but i like to chill before a lift most of the time, and get my mind straight, imagine making the lift..... seems to help me..

here as well. i hit the locker, get changed, then clear the brain of the day and problems within it. usually takes just a couple of minutes (max) and i'm out on the floor. i call it 'flushing the day'. gotta clear it out before crawling under the weight.