PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn vs Georges St. Pierre

PsychoDave
01-22-09, 10:03 am
Im not putting money on it but im going with GSP.
Incase your unaware the fight is Sat Jan. 31st from Vegas on PPV

Bulldozer
01-25-09, 12:31 pm
GSP man. BJ is amazing but someone needs to show him that he is not the best out there and that guy is GSP.

r-ace-f
01-25-09, 1:09 pm
geez who can call this?im cheering for gsp, but i dont even care who wins i just want to watch it cause its going to be one of the greatest fights ever.

in case you havent, go to ufc.com and watch the ufc prime time episodes. a great build up to this fight!!

PsychoDave
02-01-09, 2:12 am
St.Pierre in the 4th rd....Went longer than I thought it would.

jer
02-01-09, 10:48 am
GSP fucking dominated BJ the entire fight.

I expected a lot more out of BJ, but it just shows how good GSP is now. He's a big 170 for sure and BJ isn't even really a big 155.

Total domination.

C.Coronato
02-03-09, 11:30 am
Not a fan of St. Pierre. However, he is for sure much more seasoned and much more determined to win. Clearly.

McFly
02-03-09, 11:43 am
I think BJ is a GREAT fighter who lacks the discipline and desire that GSP has. BJ will dominate in most fights as he is a very gifted bad ass fighter but it seems like he rests on that "gift" as many gifted athletes do. GSP always seems to get better and has a killer work ethic and heart.

wedge
02-03-09, 12:34 pm
I respect them both, but has anyone heard about the GSP greasing allegations? It's the main story on Yahoo at the moment.

MeanStreet
02-03-09, 12:40 pm
can you belive the vaseline shit they will try anything Good Job GSP

Cstlfx
02-04-09, 3:15 am
I was rooting for BJ, but when they threw in the towel all I could think about was BJ shit talking about GSP saying "If you tap from strikes, you're a bitch." BJ quitting, I wonder what he's thinking now?

BJ needs to stop picking fights and just dominate the lightweight division for a while. GSP has the Welterweight market cornered, he doesnt stop getting better. I mean a little while back he practiced at the Canadian Olympic wrestling team qualifier. When you're using the best of your country for practice, and winning, you're a badass.

Good job to GSP on the win. It was an utter blow out.

V Man
02-04-09, 7:28 am
I was rooting for BJ, but when they threw in the towel all I could think about was BJ shit talking about GSP saying "If you tap from strikes, you're a bitch." BJ quitting, I wonder what he's thinking now?

BJ needs to stop picking fights and just dominate the lightweight division for a while. GSP has the Welterweight market cornered, he doesnt stop getting better. I mean a little while back he practiced at the Canadian Olympic wrestling team qualifier. When you're using the best of your country for practice, and winning, you're a badass.

He didnt quit - the fight doctor stopped it

jer
02-04-09, 10:14 am
He didnt quit - the fight doctor stopped it

His brother (corner man) called it.

wedge
02-04-09, 11:12 am

I've heard something along the lines that GSP has a standing invite to try out for Canada's Olympic wrestling team.

ironshaolin
02-28-09, 4:25 pm
Here's what it all comes down to:

WORK ETHIC.

that's the bottom line. BJ is an outstanding fighter, but if you saw the UFC access show, he's taking vacations, hanging out at the beach, and having fun. Nothing wrong with that, but when you're opponent is the type of guy who ONLY stops training because he has to unfortunately let his body rest a while, you're gonna get beat. St. Pierre has such an incredible work ethic, there's really no stopping him. He might find someone better, but when he does rest assure Pierre will work his ass off until he gets better than them. So if you aren't going beyond what even the best fighters do in training on a DAILY basis, you don't stand a chance against him.

violator
03-20-09, 2:48 am
So if you aren't going beyond what even the best fighters do in training on a DAILY basis, you don't stand a chance.....

Nuff said....im glad to see BJ burn...haha....arrogant prick got put in his place....