PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Annual National ABC: Columbus, OH

G Diesel
01-23-09, 9:36 am
It is official fellas, the 2nd Annual National ABC at the Arnold Classic has been confirmed.

Metro Fitness is opening their doors exclusively to the Animal family, after hours, for what promises to be the biggest ABC in our young history. It is open to all ABC members new and old. The simple price of admission? Come out and represent, rockin' your Animal t-shirt.

The details are as follows:

Saturday, March 7th, 8pm

Metro Fitness
9 E Long St
Columbus, OH

I'll see you there.

Peace, G

RooRooTJ
01-23-09, 9:46 am
It is official fellas, the 2nd Annual National ABC at the Arnold Classic has been confirmed.

Metro Fitness is opening their doors exclusively to the Animal family, after hours, for what promises to be the biggest ABC in our young history. It is open to all ABC members new and old. The simple price of admission? Come out and represent, rockin' your Animal t-shirt.

Saturday, March 7th, 8pm

Metro Fitness
9 E Long St
Columbus, OH

I'll see you there.

Peace, G

Awesome was there last year and this should be even bigger.

B Con
01-23-09, 9:52 am
I'm in there like swim wear G.

shortstack
01-23-09, 10:38 am
I'm in there like swim wear G.

You had me cracking up with this one Bro.

I'll be there again this year and some of the Iowa boys will be trecking out this year also.

Shortstack

Lewy23
01-23-09, 11:37 am
damn...are they gonna have room for all of us? Gonna be insane!!!

Lewy

C.Coronato
01-23-09, 11:41 am
Very excited to hit it HUGE with so many animals.

JUGGERNAUT
01-23-09, 11:45 am
They certainly have enough plates to keep us busy there. Great gym.

Little Z
01-23-09, 2:08 pm
Goin to be a great time. Solid gym..

Even tho my first visit a few months back took me longer than expected to find it haha..

Universal Rep
01-23-09, 2:11 pm
Bigger? Check.
Better? Check.
Badder? Check.

Sounds like it's gonna be badass fellas.

BigAnt
01-23-09, 2:16 pm

Saturday, March 7th, 8pm

Metro Fitness
9 E Long St
Columbus, OH

I'll see you there.

Peace, G

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON'T MISS THIS!

Was there last year and it was off the hook!!

The gym is closed, just open for The ABC members!

naturalguy
01-23-09, 2:18 pm
Hell yeah!

JUGGERNAUT
01-23-09, 2:22 pm
Hell yeah!

Don't forget to pack lots of BLACK jeans for this trip.

Toni69
01-23-09, 2:42 pm
sooooooooooo there!

LittleMan55
01-23-09, 2:55 pm
This and The Cage are the only 2 reasons I'm driving my happy ass to Columbus that weekend!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
01-23-09, 4:21 pm
hell yeaaaa. the cage and the abc should be fuckin sweet...and 1 week before my birthday!

JUGGERNAUT
01-23-09, 4:37 pm
hell yeaaaa. the cage and the abc should be fuckin sweet...and 1 week before my birthday!

Wow that's great, it will be like having a week long B-Day! No law against early celebration either!

norrim1
01-23-09, 4:40 pm

Your B-day is on the 14th bro?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
01-23-09, 4:42 pm
Wow that's great, it will be like having a week long B-Day! No law against early celebration either!
No doubt Juggs, couldn't ask for a better birthday week!

Your B-day is on the 14th bro?

yes sirrrrr. i take it yours is as well? or no

norrim1
01-23-09, 4:44 pm
No doubt Juggs, couldn't ask for a better birthday week!

yes sirrrrr. i take it yours is as well? or no

Oh yeah. That's cool, looks like we both get an early birthday present!

Mr. Dead
01-23-09, 4:46 pm
Make sure someone gets a LOT of pics for those of us that can't make this killer event!!!

Madcat
01-23-09, 5:19 pm
Missed it last year to host a party, NEVER AGAIN.

Can't wait for this to go down!

stolzenator
01-23-09, 6:27 pm
oh you know i'm so in for this. its gunna be SICK!! i'll be two weeks out too so if anyone's wantin to hit some poses you'll know where to find me afterwards!

metros a great gym i'm there at least once a week. can't wait to see and hear it filled with some Animals though!!

Little Z
01-23-09, 9:20 pm
This and The Cage are the only 2 reasons I'm driving my happy ass to Columbus that weekend!

What about me? I thought we was tight bro.. hahaha..

I cant wait to meet some new Animals, and of course see the old friends..

BamBam
01-23-09, 9:57 pm
BamBam is def. going to rock this ABC again! Anyone down to sling some iron with me?

IN IRON,
BB-

deanna7272
01-23-09, 10:19 pm
Make sure someone gets a LOT of pics for those of us that can't make this killer event!!!

Pics, you say??? You got it... You know me!!!

BamBam is def. going to rock this ABC again! Anyone down to sling some iron with me?

IN IRON,
BB-

Hmmmmm..... I may not be able to lift what you do Bro, but I'll RACE ya!!!! (Please don't knock over the OLD LADY with the GIMP leg....lol)

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait!!!

BamBam
01-23-09, 10:25 pm
Hmmmmm..... I may not be able to lift what you do Bro, but I'll RACE ya!!!! (Please don't knock over the OLD LADY with the GIMP leg....lol)

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait!!!

The race is on! hehe...and I will play fair...no knocking over of the elderly haha! The finish line will be Max and Erma's I take it? And cookies? haha

deanna7272
01-23-09, 10:39 pm
The race is on! hehe...and I will play fair...no knocking over of the elderly haha! The finish line will be Max and Erma's I take it? And cookies? haha

Yes, I think when you LOST last year, I WON the cookies for this year... (okay, we won't tell anyone you let me win!!)

Metro is one kick ass gym... My first ABC was there last January... I can't wait...

BamBam
01-23-09, 10:41 pm
Yes, I think when you LOST last year, I WON the cookies for this year... (okay, we won't tell anyone you let me win!!)

Metro is one kick ass gym... My first ABC was there last January... I can't wait...

I did lose and you won...mainly cuz I didnt know where Max and Erma's was but I did lose...maybe not "fair" but square lol.

And I believe that ABC is where I met you! hehehe

Flash419
01-24-09, 10:36 am
I'm IN!

I missed last years... I WONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!

escholar05
01-24-09, 10:43 am
Last year was off the hook, it was a great time lifting with big al. I won't be able to make this one though, my gf bought me tickets to the night show for our anniversary, so I will be doing that saturday night instead. If anyone in columbus for the weekend wants to come to osu and lift like thursday or friday, let me know.

Vinny G
01-24-09, 10:58 am
Very cool G

for the first time, my wife will be tagging along....she's never been to an Arnold or an ABC.

Big C
01-24-09, 11:06 am
Same here big guy.

I'm IN!

I missed last years... I WONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!

Enforcer
01-24-09, 11:59 am

Saturday, March 7th, 8pm

Metro Fitness
9 E Long St
Columbus, OH

I'll see you there.

Peace, G

It almost brings tears to my eyes that I wont be there. It is like a part of my soul is gone. Not a day goes by when I lay in my bed at night where I dont think about the Arnold and how painful it is to know that I wont be there, but I have to get done what I have to get done. I will be back, you cna count on it. I know everyone ther eis gonna crush it and have a blast, so make sure when you are training and you think you can't go anymore, push out that last fuckin rep for me.

Lewy23
01-24-09, 5:32 pm
It almost brings tears to my eyes that I wont be there. It is like a part of my soul is gone. Not a day goes by when I lay in my bed at night where I dont think about the Arnold and how painful it is to know that I wont be there, but I have to get done what I have to get done. I will be back, you cna count on it. I know everyone ther eis gonna crush it and have a blast, so make sure when you are training and you think you can't go anymore, push out that last fuckin rep for me.

You will be missed bro, but u gotta do what u gotta do!!! We all know you will be back!

Lewy

Big Wides
01-24-09, 5:37 pm
I'll be there for ths

Firefist
01-24-09, 5:45 pm
ugh, i dream about this sometimes at night.

but in all seriousness, how are we gonna fit into the restaraunt? chipotle barely contained the akron/canton chaper today....

Phil800101
01-25-09, 2:59 pm
I wouldn't miss this for anything. I'll be there.

Elite
01-25-09, 3:04 pm
I'll be there, if Pizzalamp does'nt hijack my ride!

Fury317
01-25-09, 4:00 pm
hell yeah! you know i cant wait. last years was amazing!

Columbus loves hosting the Animal family

G, if you need anything just let me know.

deanna7272
01-25-09, 9:40 pm
ugh, i dream about this sometimes at night.

but in all seriousness, how are we gonna fit into the restaraunt? chipotle barely contained the akron/canton chaper today....

Ahhhhh, the dreams...lol

Don't worry, they will either try to hurry you up or drop your food and make you stay longer....lol

dannynb
02-07-09, 1:27 pm

DAMMIT!!! I was hoping that this would finally be the time I could meet the man behind the keyboard...well hell. I still get to train with House and attend the ABC...I'll throw out some extra reps for ya brother. And you do what ya gotta do..one day we will get to meet and sling some iron and I look forward to it my brother.

stolzenator
02-09-09, 8:36 pm
wahoo its gettin closer! less than 4 weeks out now...

Enforcer
02-15-09, 11:50 pm
Less than a month away now everyone. Time to strap in for the home stretch. Cant wait to check out all of the photos from the event

Shark
02-18-09, 3:21 am
For once, I will be at the Arnold this year. My girl convinced me after a bunch of whining......not mine of course..... She will be tagging along.

Looking forward to training with some new and some old faces.

MrMuscles22
02-22-09, 3:15 pm
I am so in for this one!!! My wife is coming along too (also my photographer in the gym, haha) to make sure I get TONS of BADASS pictures of this!!!!!!

newbreed
02-22-09, 5:07 pm
I'm totally in. Always a blast

Mr. Dead
02-23-09, 2:30 pm
Eats...?

C.Coronato
02-23-09, 2:36 pm
This is going to be intense. I am very much looking forward to this.

stolzenator
02-23-09, 10:42 pm
Eats...?

theres a mongolian BBQ like a block and a half away... just sayin

Little Z
02-23-09, 11:09 pm
theres a mongolian BBQ like a block and a half away... just sayin

BLUE BOWLS!

Enforcer
03-01-09, 1:22 pm
DAMMIT!!! I was hoping that this would finally be the time I could meet the man behind the keyboard...well hell. I still get to train with House and attend the ABC...I'll throw out some extra reps for ya brother. And you do what ya gotta do..one day we will get to meet and sling some iron and I look forward to it my brother.

Thanx bro and dont worry there will be plenty of more oppurtunities and plenty of more Arnold classics to come

Flash419
03-01-09, 2:20 pm
I Am There!!!!!

Big Wides
03-01-09, 2:27 pm
This is going to be one hell of an ABC, still have no idea what I am training

MrMuscles22
03-01-09, 3:25 pm
6 FUCKING DAYS! I have no idea what I am training yet and my wife (MrsMuscles22) is lifting with me! It's gonna be a game time decision on what I train b/c I will have all of my weekly workouts in, but I am gonna hit something twice this week for sure! Flash or Big C..what are you guys training?

InkdMuscle
03-01-09, 4:11 pm
Hellz to the yeah. SoCal will be Rep'n it out at the ABC.... See ya'll brothas there.

dannynb
03-01-09, 8:57 pm
Thanx bro and dont worry there will be plenty of more oppurtunities and plenty of more Arnold classics to come

I'll hold ya to it.

Looks like I'll be repping Texas by myself here...looking forward to seeing everyone there. Following my schedule I'll have Legs on thursday, chest on friday, shoulders on saturday....all depends on what House does to me on Friday though...LOL Might just leave my training schedule at home and see how it all works out if anyone i interested in working in with me.

TheRealDeal
03-04-09, 12:42 am
Wow I'm so glad I caught this. I'll be at the Arnold, see you all there!!!

arsilva
03-04-09, 1:10 am
Going to dig so fuckin deep at the ABC. my Back will be screaming for mercy.

Standing_Guard
03-04-09, 11:20 am
i still look at the pics from last year and that was one of the most involved and interactive sessions ive ever been to....im in

firsthorseman97
03-04-09, 11:22 am
I'm training Delts with G so I'm definitely in!

BamBam
03-04-09, 11:40 pm
This is going to be one hell of an ABC, still have no idea what I am training

How about back or legs?

arsilva
03-04-09, 11:50 pm
How about back or legs?

some BB Rows, CG Pulldowns, WG palms up seated rows, Db Rows, more evil shit, then finish it off with a Facepull/Straight-arm pulldown superset for 4 sets.

yessss

Big C
03-04-09, 11:58 pm
Flash texted me about back on Friday...can't b/c I'm training legs with Bola. Right now the plan is to hit back at the ABC on Sat.

6 FUCKING DAYS! I have no idea what I am training yet and my wife (MrsMuscles22) is lifting with me! It's gonna be a game time decision on what I train b/c I will have all of my weekly workouts in, but I am gonna hit something twice this week for sure! Flash or Big C..what are you guys training?

BamBam
03-05-09, 12:04 am
some BB Rows, CG Pulldowns, WG palms up seated rows, Db Rows, more evil shit, then finish it off with a Facepull/Straight-arm pulldown superset for 4 sets.

yessss

You forget about one major lift....DEADLIFTS...my fav.!! lol

But I do like your idea though man. Thats not too bad man...I might use that.

arsilva
03-05-09, 12:14 am
You forget about one major lift....DEADLIFTS...my fav.!! lol

But I do like your idea though man. Thats not too bad man...I might use that.

i rack pulled yesterday, did legs today..so i'm not sure if my legs/lower back will be up to deads on saturday..maybe in the middle of the lift/lighter weight..but I just love pulling 5 wheels per side at the beignning of a back workout

Enforcer
03-07-09, 12:40 pm
Tonights the night everyone, wish I could be there. Throw around some iron for me...lookin forward to the pics- Ill be both jealous and pumped at the same time...lol

ncangey05131
03-08-09, 11:00 pm
man, the ABC was fucking AWESOME! it was by far the best part of my weekend. i didn't get a chance to talk to House, but Ox and Wrath are fucking awesome dudes. when me and a few of my boys were talking to them between sets, it was like we were talking to old friends. they really are down to earth, awesome dudes. Wrath's forearms are even bigger in person than they are in pictures. it was the most surreal experience of my life..

B Con
03-09-09, 12:27 pm
Upon walking into Metro Fitness, the atmosphere is definitely something worthy of admiration. At my current gym, I am the only member below 30 and looking to compete. In fact, the only thing at my gym that matches the level of greatness that was echoed through the halls of Metro, is the copy of Flex magazine that I brought in for others to read. Seriously, the environment alone was well worth it. Honestly, I was beat from working all day at the Cage and didn't know how great of a session I would be able to get. But that was all forgotten when I just stepped inside and saw how eager everyone was to just go after it.

What made the atmosphere that great? At the drop of a hat there were pros, amateurs, and others just busting their ass to progress and be better than they were yesterday. If you had a question or were unsure about something, you just walked up and asked someone there. To see these guys in real life and outside a magazine pictorial made it something special. What was really good, is how down to earth everyone was. They were all there for the same reasons. One common bond... the iron.

During the ABC, the doors are only opened at Metro for the Forvm members, the pros, those wearing the black Animal Ts... it really couldn't get more exclusive. Whatever you wanted to train, you could just jump in with someone training the same thing. The brotherhood was very helpful and motivating in itself.

After taking the moment in, I went to work and hit up back with Big C. It was so damn hot in that place I really thought at times I was going to pass out. I drank a whole gallon of water in there and was dying. Besides the heat, it was great using a lot of machines I don't have the privilege to use. For instance, not only did I get to use a wicked hammer strength machine to focus on some rows, but I also got a tip from Ox in the process who we worked in with for that brief set.

I saw everything from Wrath having insane vascularity in his arms after a brief warm up, to Vinny hitting some deep squats, to Big Ant running my two friends through the ringer on the leg press. Even saw G destroying some delts and Hola blasting the guns. It was a great time for all. They were going around taking photos and filming some as well. Really upped the ante. To see all the black shirts and other dedicated Forvm members really helped you appreciate the moment--because at that time everyone was working to progress and working together. Taking in this sight was wonderful and really emphasized what the ABCs are all about.

After solid workouts all around, everyone split to get some food. I ended up at Max and Ermas with everyone for some laughs, stories, jokes, and some good food. I really don't think it could have gotten any better.

To me the ABCs have always been about brotherhood and finding that common bond between like minded individuals. I couldn't think of a better way to depict that than this past weekend in Columbus. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Flash419
03-09-09, 1:00 pm
The ABC was an AWESOME event!

I got to train Triceps with House... we must have done 10 different excercises.. my arms are still sore. At one point I was in between sets with House, while he was bullshiting with Wrath and Ox was on the seated row.. rowing the stack. GREAT NIGHT!

Everyone was at Max's and Erma's after... although the seemed to have a problem with most of us seating ourselves... we all got fed and had a great time!

newbreed
03-09-09, 1:02 pm
Definately a great experience. Training and getting to hang out with Big Ant and Big Al and the rest opf the crew afterwards was awesome. Can't wait for next year