PDA

View Full Version : Hard Gainer

Jinx
01-24-09, 12:08 pm
Trying to gain at least 15 pounds of muscle, been working out in one form or another for two years now. Finally see some small gains but not what I expect, too slow.. I've been taking Animal Pak, Stak and Nito for a month now, feel great. Want to take it to a new level, I lift at least 5 times a week and cardio at least 3 times a week. Eat as much good food as possible, chicken, tuna, other fish, protein, milk, etc. I am at 174 lbs between 11 and 13 % body fat.

What the hell do I have to do to gain more muscle?

prowrestler
01-24-09, 12:13 pm
Trying to gain at least 15 pounds of muscle, been working out in one form or another for two years now. Finally see some small gains but not what I expect, too slow.. I've been taking Animal Pak, Stak and Nito for a month now, feel great. Want to take it to a new level, I lift at least 5 times a week and cardio at least 3 times a week. Eat as much good food as possible, chicken, tuna, other fish, protein, milk, etc. I am at 174 lbs between 11 and 13 % body fat.

What the hell do I have to do to gain more muscle?

probbaly eat more food and gain more brains in the gym

ok, lets start with this

what did you eat yesterday? exact amounts and at what time of day. EXACT FUCKIN AMOUNTS. please dont post, well ahh i had some chicken things with abit of rice....

i pretty much could drop some popcorn chicken from KFC on 4 grains of rice and consider that a meal then.

so ya, give us/me everything you ate in detail yesterday and the exact time u ate it.

then i want you to list your training split and your plan to get better

Jinx
01-24-09, 12:18 pm
Ok, cup of oatmeal with 4 eggs whites for breakfast 6:30 AM. Then every two hours to three hours either 1 to 2 pieces of chicken or tuna the protein shake before gym at 5:30 PM. Dinner more chicken, tuna and milk or protein shake.

ok, lets start with this

what did you eat yesterday? exact amounts and at what time of day. EXACT FUCKIN AMOUNTS. please dont post, well ahh i had some chicken things with abit of rice....

i pretty much could drop some popcorn chicken from KFC on 4 grains of rice and consider that a meal then.

so ya, give us/me everything you ate in detail yesterday and the exact time u ate it.

prowrestler
01-24-09, 12:22 pm
Ok, cup of oatmeal with 4 eggs whites for breakfast 6:30 AM. Then every two hours to three hours either 1 to 2 pieces of chicken or tuna the protein shake before gym at 5:30 PM. Dinner more chicken, tuna and milk or protein shake.

ya, kinda doesnt tell me much

write it up like this..

meal 1:
meal 2:
meal 3:

and so on. include the amounts of chicken...whats a piece?weight? and include the time of each meal

MrMonday
01-24-09, 12:28 pm
Eat 250 grams of protein every day, and enough calories to gain 3-5lbs of bodyweight every month. Train to add 50-100lbs to all of your basic bodybuilding exercises.

Incremental gains in bodyweight + progressively heavier weights repped to failure + lots of protein = the fastest road to building muscle.

prowrestler
01-24-09, 12:35 pm
4350 cals per day
261-350 protien per day

train progressivly

increase recovery by whatever means such as naps, massages, stretching,longer sleep,ice baths,supplements....ilegal "supplements'' LOL but they do fall under this category haha

its not hard man, keep you food and protien high, training progressive and you have to grow

C Daddy
01-24-09, 12:39 pm
Sounds like you have a good stack put together,but supplements arent magic pills bro. You cant expect to put on 20 or 30 pounds of lean mass simply by popping pills and eating chicken and tuna every two hours. Try incorporating some red meat in your diet. You said you were a hard gainer so your gonna have to slam down some major calories. You should be puttin down at least two meals of red meat a day. In regards to carbs,a little cup of rice aint gonna cut it bro.You need heaping portions of rice,potatoes,yams,or whatever at every meal. Youre trying to gain serious muscle right? Cut out the cardio bro. or if youre worried about health at least cut it down to once or twice a week and do a steady walk not a run. Its all about listening to your body and figuring out what foods pack the mass on ya. As far as the gym goes bust your ass everyday and the gains will come.

Jinx
01-24-09, 12:57 pm
I do not really know about how much I eat every two hours, I take what I can to work from left overs. Married two kids and on a budget. I can only afford so much food for myself and the family. The cheapest thing I have found is chicken, tuna and protein shakes oh and protein bars when on sale.

Schedule is like this:
Monday: chest, abs and triceps. three sets of reps 12,10 8, bench, then incline bench, cable cross overs buttery files then same numbers for skull crushers, cable presses, one arm over head presses.
Tuesday: Triceps,abs and shoulders, three sets of reps 12,10,8 DD curls, BB curls, incline DD curls. Shoulders same numbers seated barbell press, DB side raises
Wednesday: Legs then swim, three sets of reps 12, 10, 8 of squats, leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, then swim for 30 minutes
Thursday: Back and abs, barbell bentover row, lat pulldown,
Friday: same as monday...

May go run, cycle or swim throughout weekend.

ok, lets start with this

Eat 250 grams of protein every day, and enough calories to gain 3-5lbs of bodyweight every month. Train to add 50-100lbs to all of your basic bodybuilding exercises.

Incremental gains in bodyweight + progressively heavier weights repped to failure + lots of protein = the fastest road to building muscle.

mritter3
01-24-09, 1:08 pm
4 months ago I weighed in at about 170, so i decided to keep a food journal to see exactly what is going in my system, i though i was def. getting everything i needed turns out i was way off, so i made the proper adjustments, added some quality calories, trained heavy, cut back a little on the cardio, and got plenty of rest. I am now 190 and still gaining, its a trial and error type of process bro, your supps look pretty good, so its gotta be the diet or the training or both. keep working at it like a madman and you will some some great results. good luck man

cyingling
01-24-09, 1:14 pm
beef- fits the budget
oats - fits the budget
natty pb - think you said you have kids, so you need pb
milk - same as above
eggs - same as above

then just add whole wheat bread/pasta and brown rice.. or whatever.. just eat.

this comes from someone who was 6' 156 before i lifted a weight..

prowrestler
01-24-09, 1:28 pm
beef- fits the budget
oats - fits the budget
natty pb - think you said you have kids, so you need pb
milk - same as above
eggs - same as above

then just add whole wheat bread/pasta and brown rice.. or whatever.. just eat.

this comes from someone who was 6' 156 before i lifted a weight..

you must be an endomorph LOL

ya, there cheap alt's everywhere, just gotta no variables of the sport people forget are time and money

cyingling
01-24-09, 3:43 pm
you must be an endomorph LOL

ya, there cheap alt's everywhere, just gotta no variables of the sport people forget are time and money

ha yep..

once i learned it really is ALL about food and compound lifts, i packed on 25-30lbs..

to the OP, just eat up man, and go hard..