PDA

View Full Version : How long does weight gainer keep?

UnshapenGoat
01-26-09, 8:46 pm
Hey, long time reader, first time poster (Cliche oh well). Seeing as how you guys (and gals) seem to know best I was wondering if you could help me out with a small weight gaining predicament. I don't always have time to make shakes and then I thought of something I'd want to ask ya'll.

I know it will keep for a long time as a powder if stored in a cool dry place, but what if I mix all my shakes at once in a big pitcher or something, would that keep in the fridge for a week, or would some of the molecules start to break down being dissolved like that for so long, any help would be great.

Sorry If I didn't make much sense and couldn't find any info on it searching.

strivin for more
01-26-09, 8:56 pm
welcome bro. i would think itd keep in the fridge for a week. i make all my shales and food the night before, and they last all night in the fridge then unrefridgerated into the next day for 8+ hours sometimes and they do ok. just make sure you shake em or stir em to get all the nutrients that settled back at the top. as long as they dont sit in a hot car or something (room temp or colder) you should be ok.

stumblin54
01-26-09, 9:17 pm
Make your shakes and drink them daily. They are not made to sit there for a week, if you don't have time simply place the powder in the shaker the night before and pour the liquid of your choice into it the next day and there you have it.

Stumblin

UnshapenGoat
01-26-09, 9:35 pm
Thanks for the help, I've just been weight lifting for about a year and my diet hasnt been able to keep up with my metabolism... (19 is a blessing and a curse) I just got off a 2 month break because of hernia surgery and I hope to pack on about 10-15 lbs in the next 2-3 months.

(The hernia wasn't from a problem with form or weight, it was congenital. Sorry for coming out about it like and ass, but I'm tired of hearing it...)