PDA

View Full Version : Shake Them Haters Off

Giant Killer
01-29-09, 1:05 pm
A word to the wise...allow me to wax philosophical on haters for a moment my brothers.

There is one universal truth when it comes to haters. Haters are gonna' hate. What are you going to do about it?

Now I've seen many get bent out of shape, ruffle their feathers, and loose their cool at the whims of a hater. Some will snap back with the most hurtful thing they can think of. Some will resort to the way of the fist. Some will internalize and beat themselves up all day and night.

That's just what they want. A hater, you see, is jonesin' for that spot. That spot that you have. Something came along and they decided, "Damn, that bugs me so much, I am going to devote my energies to hating them." They will whisper in dark places, and collaborate with those who share their mindset.

The leader of the pack, the alpha male, the top dog...do you see them worry about that dog that's second in line nipping at their heels? Hell no, they've got their eye on the prize. For a long time now, they have been chipping away, laboring and toiling for their piece of the pie. And they got it...and they didn't get there by hating on the guy in front of them. They strove to be better, to be the biggest, to be the baddest. They focused inward and tore themselves down, and rebuilt into a new monster.

This is what they have devoted their energies to.

Have you ever seen Ronnie Coleman on the message boards bickering about someone who's hating on him? And a great many there are. Nope. He's got his agenda all laid out, and it does not include wasting his time and talents on nonsense.

What do I want you to come away with? Shake them haters off. Next time someone calls you out, cool your heels. Keep it together. And laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Keep your fuckin' eyes on the prize my brothers, and don't change your focus for any man or beast.

Now, I'll say again. There is one universal truth when it comes to haters. Haters are gonna' hate. What are you going to do about it?

Gambit
01-29-09, 1:57 pm
You got it, GK. You said it just about as well as I've heard it.

My favorite thing to do? I just grin. When I do that, all the hatin' just disappears from my head.

wedge
01-29-09, 2:10 pm
I had a run in with an "acquaintance" at the gym the other weekend that could be classified as a hater. Tried to help his form and he went off on me. Instead of shaking it off, it bothered me the whole workout and threw me of my game.
I'll definitely keep GK's advice in mind next time something like that happens.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-29-09, 2:16 pm
kat says it best IMO..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA&feature=related

clarko
01-29-09, 2:17 pm
words of the truth

InkdMuscle
01-29-09, 5:00 pm
Nice words GK. Let them Hate. I love me some haters. That just lets me know that im doing things right.

xMATT182x
01-30-09, 8:34 am
I agree 100%, no need to waste your time on negative shit like that.

BiG in NYC 823
01-30-09, 1:25 pm
Well said GK...

well said.... I have one buddy (actually a co-worker) who I can say is a "hater"...never takes my advice on form, lifting....when I KNOW he could be SO MUCH better than what he currently is.....and always bickers back at me......

i will keep these (your) words in my mind...

Giant Killer
01-30-09, 1:29 pm
Thanks for the words of support guys.

One thing, I don't want to get too hung up on this word, "haters".

I'd like for anyone reading this to take these words, and apply to a multitude of everyday situations in which you would loose your cool, & your focus.

Eyes on the prize brothers.

Phil800101
01-30-09, 2:41 pm
Right on GK!

Freak
01-30-09, 4:08 pm
Shake them, bake them, let them roll of your back brother.

Giant Killer
01-30-09, 6:12 pm
Shake them, bake them, let them roll of your back brother.

You got it Freak.

dannynb
01-30-09, 11:38 pm
Exactly...my motto about haters..."fuck 'em." MY grandfather taught me that. I got things I'm going to achieve in this lifetime so my time is valuable, not to be wasted on negativety.

gtice
02-06-09, 10:52 pm
I would like to say that i find it easier to thank them for their trouble spent on sharing their opinion, advice, or disagreement with what I am doing with my life. The average person will find every excuse in the world to not do something that would benefit their health but shame on us for trying to do something awesome that encourages self-discipline, a strong will, and firm resolve to consistently want the will to change. I turned all my anger into a decent physique while i was in Iraq, everyone told me it was short term, when you get home they said, we will still be here in the gym, and you won't because you have a family etc.... I smiled at them and laughed, and here I am still in the gym, and where are they NO where to be found.

wordsstartwars
02-07-09, 8:31 pm
I've never competed in bodybuilding, but I do fight MMA and I know the feeling of having someone hate you and I can say this with 100% honesty, it's because they're fucking jealous. I fought a guy I used to train with a few months ago and I won by rear naked choke in 1:10 of the 1st Round and when I told him nice fight he told me I got lucky and it would never happen again. I was a little torn up because I used to consider the guy a good friend, I mean we bled and sweat together only a year prior and I felt a little betrayed. I use it as a stepping stone. In the words of my coach: "If nobody hates you, you're not doing it right"