PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a hole

Danb21
01-30-09, 5:20 am
I hate to come out with this whole negative post, but I need some help definitely. Every time I try and gain size it seems like fat just packs on my abs faster then anything. I've tried to eat extremely clean but more amounts, but it still happens. This time around I'm eating a little dirtier, eating out a little.. but still same thing happened again so it's not like it changed much, doesn't matter if it's extremely clean which is weird. It's like my abs get distended or some shit. Lifting a ton of weight is all cool but when you look like shit it doesn't help. I'm never givin up on this, but I just need some advice on what is going wrong. Maybe I should hit some low intensity cardio.. idk anymore. Everything seemed to be going fine for a while, I was putting up good numbers.. arms looking a bit bigger.. but my abs look crazy fat. Not to mention I have a pretty nasty case of gyno, which doesn't help things. This shit gets depressing, day after day looking like hell.. I try to shrug it off, but damn how can you?? I'm in it for life, and I swear to myself I will never quit but I know this shit isn't helping me go farther. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Diet- 4 whole meals, each one with 8-10 oz of meat, and one with 7 whole eggs. Each whole meal I get about 80 grams of carbs. 3 whey shakes of about 50-60 grams of protein. 80 simple carbs with PWO shake. I also put EVOO in my meals for good fat.

Training- Mon- Chest
Tues- back
Wed- Off
Thurs- arms
Fri- Legs
Sat- Shoulders
Sun- Off

Supplements- Omega, Pak, Flex, Vasocharge or Shock Therapy for PreWO, Uni-Liver, Beta Alanine.

Dingo
01-30-09, 9:55 am
You cant bulk with puttin on fat. you cant decide where you body decides to store fat. Mine goes 2 places, my ass and my mid section. If you just wanna maintain, then do it, lean up and figure out what your needs are to maintain where your at. You cant grow just muscle.

a surplus of calories means something is getting stored. How much depends on your needs, maybe your needs:surplus ratio is too great, or maybe its too small. eat less, work more yields bad results too.

InkdMuscle
01-30-09, 10:00 am
You cant bulk with puttin on fat. you cant decide where you body decides to store fat. Mine goes 2 places, my ass and my mid section. If you just wanna maintain, then do it, lean up and figure out what your needs are to maintain where your at. You cant grow just muscle.

a surplus of calories means something is getting stored. How much depends on your needs, maybe your needs:surplus ratio is too great, or maybe its too small. eat less, work more yields bad results too.

I agree. If you wanna get ripped you cant bulk. You need to change ur diet to have a caloric deficit. You will also need to up your cardio to as much as possible. You may want to try cuts. Its a great thermogenic to help burn the fat. Why dont u post ur diet so brothers can help fine tune it. To see if we can get ya jumped started.

Dingo
01-30-09, 10:06 am
I agree. If you wanna get ripped you cant bulk. You need to change ur diet to have a caloric deficit. You will also need to up your cardio to as much as possible. You may want to try cuts. Its a great thermogenic to help burn the fat. Why dont u post ur diet so brothers can help fine tune it. To see if we can get ya jumped started.

dan, ya may wanna set some serious goals and start a journey so everyone can follow whats going on with your workouts, eating, supplementation and life (should you choose to include that much info), as well as chime in with advice. It seems to help a ton of people stay on track and get better results.

AFTazz06
01-30-09, 10:29 am
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!! Diet and cardio are the only things that will burn fat, period. Cuts will help, but it's not a miracle pill. Low intense cardio is key, 30-45mins at speed 3.0-3.5. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Size (bulk) or cut (diet)?

Danb21
01-30-09, 3:54 pm
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!! Diet and cardio are the only things that will burn fat, period. Cuts will help, but it's not a miracle pill. Low intense cardio is key, 30-45mins at speed 3.0-3.5. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Size (bulk) or cut (diet)?

I'm going for size right now, just feels like I'm putting on way too much excess fat in the process. I just don't get how it happens even if I eat really clean but a lot. I think the low intensity cardio might be my best option, thanks.

AFTazz06
01-30-09, 4:03 pm
I'm going for size right now, just feels like I'm putting on way too much excess fat in the process. I just don't get how it happens even if I eat really clean but a lot. I think the low intensity cardio might be my best option, thanks.

yeah man i have the same problem when i bulk, best thing to do is keep cardio in atleast 2-3 times a week, that way fat is burned but keep it low intensity so you dont burn the extra calories needed to gain size during your bulk. It's worked for me, i'm sure it will for yah too.

Pizzalamp
01-30-09, 11:16 pm
try cutting back on the carbs a bit at each meal-and cut back on the post training carbs a bit
some may disagree with me but i found this time around i ate slightly less carbs at each meal and ive made great gains
just my .02 cents

dannynb
01-30-09, 11:25 pm

Hmmm you may be eating just a bit too much. Before you start cutting back the calories, lets take a look at your diet. Post it up meal for meal. Also have you been doing any cardio?? If not I suggest 3 times a week at 20-30 minutes a pop just to keep the fat gains to a minimum, not to mention it's good for the ole ticker.

Again post up your meals and at what times you're eating them.