PDA

View Full Version : Animals like to feel weak!

cstmgp
01-31-09, 8:58 am
Isn't a bit funny/ironic how we animals that are in the gym to become true freaks of strength, aren't happy till we leave the gym barely able to move? lol
I had to laugh this morning when I could barely wash my back because I could hardly lift my arms after a good chest/arms workout. On back days it's hard to brush your teeth from the pump in your forearms, or even make it up stairs on leg day, hehe.
So, what's your favorite/funniest "weakness"???
Shaun

DreamZero
01-31-09, 9:04 am
I think not being able to sit on the shitter is a classic... or drive a clutch

cstmgp
01-31-09, 9:08 am
I think not being able to sit on the shitter is a classic... or drive a clutch

Def a classic, forgot about that one. I'm sure some animals on here have some interesting ones, depending on jobs etc....

lil ox
01-31-09, 9:26 am
Drive a forklift on bumpy ground after a solid chest day. Your chest feels like the suspension which your machine does not have. BRUTAL!!!!

Stovall
01-31-09, 9:37 am
I was trying to get off the shitter the day after I did my legs........................fell over (I was at work in the bathroom stall, hit my head on the door pretty hard) Its the story I hear told everytime a new guy comes in the shop.

Pizzalamp
01-31-09, 10:39 am
defintely chopping firewood for my stove

dannynb
01-31-09, 10:47 am
NExt day after a brutal leg routine an elderly lady comes into teh gym and asks me to show her some leg machines ....I could barely do a couple of leg ext or leg curls...had to roll off the machine and she just looked at me in bewilderment and said "You're a trainer, aren't you supposed to be able to do this kinda thing."

Rooster
01-31-09, 10:52 am
The best,worst, is after a hard shoulder routine and you cant even hold your arms up to reach the steering wheel of your truck with a manual trans.

Peace

Little Z
01-31-09, 10:52 am
I dig this thread, as I sit here after squats this morning.. I can tell I will enjoy trying to remove my self from the pot later haha..

williams_888
01-31-09, 12:13 pm
Not being able to walk after doing a intense calf workout.. That was damage though not pain, yikes!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
01-31-09, 12:37 pm
talking on the phone after a back workout. and my whole arm cramps up.

or

my legs giving out on me while walking down stairs- thats fun.

or

completely giving up getting out of bed cause its a bitch to roll over,sit up, then stand up after heavy squats and deads.

GSant434
01-31-09, 12:49 pm
How bout just trying to soap your body in the shower afterwords. When your upper body is too pumped up for you to reach half of your back and shoulders, or on leg day when its a struggle to bend down and soap your calves.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
01-31-09, 12:52 pm
or

in order to relieve an itch on my back, i have to go up to a doorway or a corner on a wall and scratch it on there...like a bear would do

Little Z
01-31-09, 2:55 pm
or

in order to relieve an itch on my back, i have to go up to a doorway or a corner on a wall and scratch it on there...like a bear would do

I have to do that normally.. I cant reach.. hahaha.. and it does look like a bear against a tree..

dannynb
01-31-09, 5:06 pm
or

I have to do this because I lost my ability to reach my back awhile back. My girl laughs every time I do this or how I can't just reach over my shoulder and grab the seat belt, I have to reach over with my right arm and than use my left arm to push my right arm over enough to grab the seat belt...

Hoomgar
01-31-09, 5:40 pm
These are all good, and hilarious! I've already just about fell off the toilet trying to sit without pain. Getting down onto it and back up and another thing entirely! I've broken all mt back scratchers now and have to resort to either asking a family member to do it or use the door jam like KKP said. Getting family members to do it is always frustrating because they always scratch all around the itch but never touch it ha ha!

Just trying to take a shower after any good workout is also funny. Wife knocks on the door and yells in "are you ok in there" LOL! I must be making noises and not realizing it.

The worst of them all though is when you have nailed it so hard that you can't sleep right because there is no comfortable position in the bed.

Hg

Feel The Power
01-31-09, 7:50 pm
Trying to bend down and pick up something the day after heavy deadlifts, I feel like I am going to topple over. Also, the day after leg day would be a close second. Trying to walk around work and deciding to take the elevator instead of walking up one flight of stairs because it will be quicker and less painful. lol. Just waking up the next morning after back or leg day and trying to reach the alarm clock is an adventure since your legs don't want to work.

zanderfever
01-31-09, 7:55 pm
When my chest gets sore enough I have trouble going down stairs. When I run down them I have to hold my chest so that it doesnt bounce.

firsthorseman97
01-31-09, 8:57 pm
Mine was trying to take a piss after trashing my tri's. I couldn't even hold the elastic waist of my shorts down to take a leak. My arms were shaking so bad I thought they were going to give out and I was going to get covered in piss. I survived though.

Little Z
01-31-09, 9:15 pm
Mine was trying to take a piss after trashing my tri's. I couldn't even hold the elastic waist of my shorts down to take a leak. My arms were shaking so bad I thought they were going to give out and I was going to get covered in piss. I survived though.

hahaha.. wow bro.. that.. i will never forget..

i installed a bar that is in front of the shitter and up a bit.. best thing i ever did.. i can always get up.. now staying up
thats another story..

Brick By Brick
02-01-09, 3:45 am
When my lower back is sore as hell after deadlifts and GHRs, low rows, and I can't hardly stand up out of a chair without grunting. I just love that.

xMATT182x
02-01-09, 4:18 am
I think right after a brutal leg workout mot being able to walk without looking like a gimp or like everyone says stand up off the shitter. Also When you do an awesome arms or shoulders and can't take your own shirt off, you feel a raccoon stuck in a trash can!

Dedicated2Liftin
02-01-09, 6:37 pm
My favorite is having your legs sore to the point where you pretty much can't walk....makes me know I hit'em hard. More specifically though, I can remember when I was in the mall riding up an escalator and had an old lady on the step behind me. The day prior I had a brutal leg workout. Anyway, out of know where my legs buckle out from underneath me, and I was forced to make a mad grab for the railing. Luckily, I caught it; however, the old lady turned to me and gave the most awkward look ever and asked me if I'd been drinkin'. Good times.

SquatTilUPuke77
02-01-09, 9:16 pm
the worste thing is the calf cramp at six a.m. cooking your eggs the day after hittin the legs

cstmgp
02-02-09, 12:27 am
Damn, I started this thread, then left town for a day, and it's two pages! Freaking hilarious.
Anyone else have trouble shaking their blender bottle, after a good arm day, hardly able to mix in the powder.
It never fails, I always end up needing my 32 ft ladder on back days. I hate trying to carry/balance that big bastard with no strength left in my back. There has been more than one time I thought I was gonna drop it on someones car in the parking lot, oops!!
Shaun

xMATT182x
02-02-09, 1:40 am
Damn, I started this thread, then left town for a day, and it's two pages! Freaking hilarious.
Anyone else have trouble shaking their blender bottle, after a good arm day, hardly able to mix in the powder.
It never fails, I always end up needing my 32 ft ladder on back days. I hate trying to carry/balance that big bastard with no strength left in my back. There has been more than one time I thought I was gonna drop it on someones car in the parking lot, oops!!
Shaun

After chest days whenever I make a shake I have to flex my chest while I shake it so doesn't hurt so bad when the muscle bounces.

Dingo
02-02-09, 9:58 am
especially legs, my wife likes to "play" by slapping, lightly punching them, nothing like havin doms and gettin pegged in the leg. normally i deserve it though for some smart ass comment i make lol

Hoomgar
02-02-09, 11:34 am

ROFLOL! Seriously, I forgot about that one. And with that one leg day as well. At the end of the workout when you are trying to piss before going home. The legs start to quiver so bad you can't stand still and the piss shuts off because of it. I've already had to go into the shitter and sit down just to piss because of this LOL!

especially legs, my wife likes to "play" by slapping, lightly punching them, nothing like havin doms and gettin pegged in the leg. normally i deserve it though for some smart ass comment i make lol

My eldest daughter does that to me. She doesn't follow my split or anything so she likes to come up to me on any given day and ask "whats sore today" so she can punch it and laugh at me.

Hg

Bootleg
02-03-09, 11:24 am
Weakness is never an option in my book bro lol!

clarko
02-04-09, 11:59 am
anyone ever done 20 rep breathing squats? Take your 10 rep max and squat it 20 times. Of course you shouldn't be able to do more than ten so after your tenth one (or wherever you know you'll fail) stand and take breaths until you think you can do another one. Don't rack the weight til all 20 are completed. Brutal.

Dingo
02-04-09, 12:26 pm
anyone ever done 20 rep breathing squats? Take your 10 rep max and squat it 20 times. Of course you shouldn't be able to do more than ten so after your tenth one (or wherever you know you'll fail) stand and take breaths until you think you can do another one. Don't rack the weight til all 20 are completed. Brutal.

missed the point of the OP man, there are plenty of articles/threads in the TRAINING section about 20 rep squats

BubbyLight
02-05-09, 12:58 pm
its not trying to get off the pot. its the step before that...wiping your ass on a good chest or back day. even arms day will sneak up on you

clarko
02-06-09, 11:56 pm
missed the point of the OP man, there are plenty of articles/threads in the TRAINING section about 20 rep squats

I was just giving a brief explanation of what it was for those that don't know. I was saying after those workouts are when I feel weak. You can barely walk after breathing squats.

cstmgp
02-08-09, 10:29 pm
I am a contractor, so I feel it constantly at work. Never fails, if I kill something in the gym, that's the body part I'll need that day. I absolutely hate packing shingles up a ladder on back day.
Anyone else's job affected??
Shaun

gtice
02-09-09, 9:30 pm
I usually have to sleep on the couch after a good leg day because once i get too comfortable and try to get up i tend to fall backwards and just say screw it. But my worst day ever was while i was in Iraq about 5 months ago. A buddy of mine and me hit legs in the morning fairly lite but still it was legs, then the afternoon was back and traps. We had planned this out fairly well as we were suppossed to have the day off. Well we hit everything pretty damn hard about 5 we left the cave. At 1030 things went kind of nuts and we had to go on what turned out to be a 6 hour FOOT mobile patrol. 12miles + 80lbs of gear sitting on your shoulders and back = an awful couple of hours. The bonus was after all that I had a few blisters on my feet and couldn't even bend down to pop them.

BaseballMonster
02-10-09, 6:18 pm
not being able to keep my hands on the sterring wheel when driving home, or just taking the elevator instead of the steps after a leg day..

Iron4BreakFast08
02-12-09, 5:36 pm
Right away when I read this thread, I suddenly thought the shitter! But I remember one time after I had just had surgery on my knee, About 4 months or so. I noticed that I lost my calve definiton, hit them so hard the next morning I was walking like a 8th grade graduation girl in heels!