PDA

View Full Version : New training Routine

here2learn
01-31-09, 5:35 pm
Hey guys,

I havent really introduced myself in here yet so i thought i might do that.
Im 22 from Sydney Australia, been training for a few years now. I started training in the gym cause of my tennis. Now im focusing more on getting my weight up this year. Im currently 170 pound but i wanna be 180. This next 10 pounds has been tough to achieve but im keen to do it and i just wanted to know if im going about it the right way.

Monday- Leg press, squats, leg extensions, barbell lunges, lying leg curls and calf raises.

Tuesday- Bench press, Incline D/B Press, Incline D/B Flyes, Push ups to failure.

Thursday- Standing D/B Curls, Concentration Curls, Barbell Burnout (with a lighter than
normal barbell, start doing curls half way x7, then from half way to full x7, then finish with 7 full barbell curls), preacher curls, Skull crushers, cable push downs, kick baks, dips w/weight.

Friday- Pull ups to failure, deadlifts, Bent over bar rows, seated cable rows, upright rows, straight arm pull downs.

My diet is good i eat oats, yoghurt and water at breakfast. The rest of my meals usually consist tuna, red meat and chicken breast.

I recently had a blood test and it showed that my liver function was down a bit in the 70's and it should be above 90. I was informed not to take supps like creatine or protein. I still want to take the pak though. Do you think theres too much going on in it for my liver?

Let me know what u think guys.

shizz702
01-31-09, 6:03 pm
Drop the arm day, keep isolations exercises to a minimum, focus more on compound lifts, and eat more! Throw some eggs in with your breakfast, and I've never heard of protein powder or creatine being bad for the liver and recommend you still take both. Just because somebody is a doctor doesn't mean they are an authority on supplements or exercise, there are endless amounts of studies showing the benefits of creatine supplementation and to this day as far as I know there are no known serious side effects.

sanga
01-31-09, 6:27 pm
Welcome mate, OZ is indeed a great country, I`d love to live there.

IMO I`d just add weight slowly by adding some extra solid meals to your existing diet, I see no reason why Pak would cause you any problems but I`d check with your doctor first.

Training wise I`d just add in 2 basic full ody workouts per week on top of your tennis training, so something like Mondays and Thursdays - squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, chins for 3 working sets of each for 10 rep sets, try to increase the weight as often as you can, progressive resistance each workout or each week, keep it simple.

here2learn
01-31-09, 6:48 pm
Thanks sanga and shizz.

I never have done an arm day before i only wanted to try it to see how it would effect my growth as i feel i can use a bit more size in the arms. ill just add a couple to my back day as thats wat ive been doing.

Ive read alot of posts here and eating big and eating right is the main difference in the growth factor so ill use it the best i can.

As for protein and creatine i have been off it for 6 weeks now. I was taking pump pre and horleys ice protein post. At the time i wanted to mix in waxy maize to add to the calories but since ive been to see the doc ive stopped even my multi.
To tell u the truth i havent felt to badly. Actually feel pretty good.