PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Hours

Pages : [1] 2 3

zanderfever
01-31-09, 7:01 pm
An expert is someone who is widely recognized as being knowledgeable, respected, and authority in a certain field. In order to become that expert a person has to spend 10,000 hours doing what they seek to become an expert in. For me, I wish to become a true 10,000 hour certified expert in all things weight training.

I've been training for 5 years now. Started at the tender age of 12 with no idea of what I was doing. Read a ton, spent a lot of time lifting with 6 day a week splits, and then began to learn. I learned to eat right and train hard, but smart. I've done serious bodybuilding training for a few years, and for the last 5 months i've been training with Mike Moore and the YPC. I've now done 2 powerlifting meets with them and in the most recent one I set 4 IPA records in the 198 pound, 16-17 age class. Heres the number split of what I lifted -

390 Squat
235 Bench
490 Deadlift

1115 Total - Raw

Right now and for the last few months i've been coping with an impinged bicep tendon, impinged rotator cuff tendon, and a separated shoulder. With all these problems the best Bench I could muster was a 235 at the Meet.

So, on to the journey. Should be a fun time. Maybe some heavy weight will be lifted?

scals
01-31-09, 7:22 pm
Ready for it bro. Can't wait for ya to bring it. I expect big things from ya.

zanderfever
01-31-09, 7:22 pm
Bench
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 8
165 x 6
185 x 6 - first 2 paused
200 x 5 - paused
195 x 6 - paused
195 x 6 - paused
195 x 4 - paused

Flat DB Bench
55's x 10
65's x 8
75's x 6
85's x 4

Machine CGBP
120 x 10
140 x 8
160 x 8

Rope Pushdowns
60 x 12
80 x 10
100 x 10

Done. Good workout today, though its annoying how weak my Bench has gotten. I will have to work on it though. Can't wait for my shoulder to heal.

zanderfever
01-31-09, 7:23 pm
Ready for it bro. Can't wait for ya to bring it. I expect big things from ya.

Thanks, scals. I'll deliver.

zanderfever
02-01-09, 4:02 pm
Squats
50 x 8
100 x 6
140 x 6
190 x 5
230 x 1
275 x 10
275 + 85 in chains x 6
245 + 85 in chains x 8

Deadlifts - off of a 3 inch box or so
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 10 - blacked out a little after

Leg Press Calf Raises - constantly changing stance
2 pps x 15
3 pps x 20
3 pps x 20
4 pps x 20
4 pps x 20

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 8
BW+10 x 6
BW+25 x 5

Done. Good day today, but definitely a tough one. After my second set of 315 on Deads I had to cut it short. I wouldn't let myself do less than 10 so I did them as fast as I could and once I was done I fell forward, but I didnt notice until my hand hit the floor. That set hurt. My back was already destroyed from the Squats. I'm way to loose on the Squats and I need to fix that. The high rep Squats also made me feel really sick and my head wasn't happy at all. Frankly, I'm surprised I didnt throw up. I also saw myself in a mirror and i burst a bunch of blood vessels on my face, neck, shoulders, and chest.

scals
02-01-09, 4:44 pm
Awesome brother. Sick session. Nothing like blacking out after some deads.

MikeMoore
02-01-09, 4:52 pm
At least I didn't have to yell at you....good job today.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-01-09, 5:15 pm
good shit Alex. blacking out is always fun

zanderfever
02-01-09, 7:28 pm
Awesome brother. Sick session. Nothing like blacking out after some deads.

Thanks, scals. It was an interesting experience, to say the least.

At least I didn't have to yell at you....good job today.

Thanks, Mike. Its scary how it took 1 week for Stas to lose the great mindset he had from the meet. I hope he gets that back soon.

good shit Alex. blacking out is always fun

Haha, thanks King. Definitely one of the more interesting things to happen.

BigAnt
02-01-09, 7:50 pm
How are things, what is new?

Hoomgar
02-02-09, 10:42 am
I would have been bummed out if I didn't make it in on the first page homie :)

10,000 hours. Time to do this!

Hg

MikeMoore
02-02-09, 1:31 pm
I became an expert in 5000 hours :)

Hoomgar
02-02-09, 1:33 pm
I became an expert in 5000 hours :)

Not fair, weren't you born half way there already? Ha ha! No we know you earned every ounce of it Mike, 1 rep at a time.

Hg

B Con
02-02-09, 1:37 pm
SUBBED. How many hours we got lefT?

MikeMoore
02-02-09, 4:09 pm
Not fair, weren't you born half way there already? Ha ha! No we know you earned every ounce of it Mike, 1 rep at a time.

Hg

Nah...wasn't born with it. I have been lucky in my powerlifting career by meeting and training with some of the best, and also surrounding myself with good people. And even when you are an "expert", you still keep learning. The person who thinks he knows it all and doesn't take advice is a fool.

zanderfever
02-02-09, 8:51 pm
How are things, what is new?

Hey, Ant. Things are going well for me right now. Just plugging through, working around a few a injuries, but still going. As for whats new, i'd say being a record holder takes the top of the list. How's it with you?

I would have been bummed out if I didn't make it in on the first page homie :)

10,000 hours. Time to do this!

Hg

Haha, its good to have you here on the first page. Hope you like the ride.

SUBBED. How many hours we got lefT?

Hey, B Con. Glad to have you on board for this.

By my count, if you include reading about lifting and actual time spent lifting i'd say that i'm at about 3,000 hours. Which is a lot when you think of it in terms of how many straight days that would be, which is 125. Scary to. Since i would estimate that I could reach the 10,000 hour mark maybe 11 years if you count time spent in the gym only. Once you add in the reading and speaking to other knowledgeable people, it may be a little less.

Nah...wasn't born with it. I have been lucky in my powerlifting career by meeting and training with some of the best, and also surrounding myself with good people. And even when you are an "expert", you still keep learning. The person who thinks he knows it all and doesn't take advice is a fool.

Very good point. Those with the title of expert can still learn. Nobody should fall into the trap of thinking they know everything.

B Con
02-03-09, 7:56 pm
Hey, B Con. Glad to have you on board for this.

By my count, if you include reading about lifting and actual time spent lifting i'd say that i'm at about 3,000 hours. Which is a lot when you think of it in terms of how many straight days that would be, which is 125. Scary to. Since i would estimate that I could reach the 10,000 hour mark maybe 11 years if you count time spent in the gym only. Once you add in the reading and speaking to other knowledgeable people, it may be a little less.

Knowledge is power. Keep doing what you doing Z.

zanderfever
02-03-09, 10:49 pm
Overhead Presses - no leg drive, hammer grip barbell - 60 pound bar
60 x 10
80 x 8
110 x 6 - easy, cut short b/c of left shoulder
130 x 3 - easy, cut short b/c of left shoulder

Front Raises - no body movement
15's x 10/arm
20's x 10/arm
25's x 10/arm
25's x 10/arm
30's x 10/arm

Side Laterals
15's x 5 - tried different styles, hit my shoudler in a bad way, stopped

CGBP - 60 pound, hammer grip barbell
60 x 10
110 x 8
150 x 6
200 x 6
200 x 7

2 Board
200 x 9

Face Pulls
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Done. Add another 2 hours to the tally. Shoulder was bothering me today so not really a ton of shoulder work got done. However, the hammer grip barbell thing is a piece of gold. I grip it about where I do for a normal bench, but my palms are facing in so stress is taken off of my shoulders. Its a heavy duty barbell and it also worked well for the shoulder presses to. It was very similar to a strongmans log.

Knowledge is power. Keep doing what you doing Z.

Thanks, B. I'll do my best.

MikeMoore
02-06-09, 11:20 am
Hey Alex,

I was talking with the team yesterday, and we all want to wish you a good time baking this weekend. Of course we wish you could make squatting Sunday, but we all realize the importance of baking so we understand, though Troy just frowned. I think he disagrees. Might take alot to make that up to him. He's not as understanding as I am.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-06-09, 3:25 pm
nice workout alex.

scals
02-06-09, 3:32 pm
nice workout alex.

x2. Looking good bro.

zanderfever
02-06-09, 8:14 pm
Hey Alex,

I was talking with the team yesterday, and we all want to wish you a good time baking this weekend. Of course we wish you could make squatting Sunday, but we all realize the importance of baking so we understand, though Troy just frowned. I think he disagrees. Might take alot to make that up to him. He's not as understanding as I am.

Haha, you are a very caring person and quite funny. You do realize that we WONT be baking, right? You seem to really like baking, perhaps somebody has a hidden hobby?

nice workout alex.

Thanks, King. I try.

x2. Looking good bro.

Thanks, scals. I'm trying

MikeMoore
02-06-09, 8:28 pm
Haha, you are a very caring person and quite funny. You do realize that we WONT be baking, right? You seem to really like baking, perhaps somebody has a hidden hobby?

Don't matter, you won't be powerlifting, so anything else counts as baking. No hidden hobby, I just tell it like it is. Should know this by know. Joe said you were baking, the team agrees and Troy frowns and shakes his head.

zanderfever
02-06-09, 9:05 pm
Don't matter, you won't be powerlifting, so anything else counts as baking. No hidden hobby, I just tell it like it is. Should know this by know. Joe said you were baking, the team agrees and Troy frowns and shakes his head.

The funny thing is, the only thing that might appease the anger of Troy would be to bring him some cookies.

Pizzalamp
02-06-09, 9:22 pm
good pressing man...careful w/ the shoulder!

MikeMoore
02-06-09, 9:49 pm
The funny thing is, the only thing that might appease the anger of Troy would be to bring him some cookies.

Troy doesn't get angry, the shake of the head is disappointment. :)

zanderfever
02-08-09, 9:11 pm
good pressing man...careful w/ the shoulder!

Thanks, Pizza.

Troy doesn't get angry, the shake of the head is disappointment. :)

Damn... Anger's better than disappointment.

zanderfever
02-08-09, 10:36 pm
2/7/09 - Back with Toni

Lat Pulldowns - parallel grip
100 x 10
150 x 10
200 x 8
230 x 6
230 x 7
230 x 7

T-Bar Rows - single arm
1 plate x 8/arm
1 plate+25 x 8/arm
2 plates x 8/arm

HS Pulldowns - single arm
2 pps x 8/arm
2 pps+25 x 8/arm
3 pps x 8/arm

Close Grip Pulldowns
160 x 6 - grip was to close, couldn't get it down enough
130 x 2 - no change, same set back to 160 x 6
160 x 7

Single Arm Cable Rows
80 x 8/arm
90 x 8/arm
100 x 8/arm

Pull Ups
BW x 1 - wide grip
BW x 2 - normal grip
BW x 3 - chin ups

DB Concentration Curls
30's x 10/arm
30's x 10/arm

BB Curls
45 x 10
45 x 10

Done. I'm really sore today so I guess its safe to say that I had a good workout, haha.

2/8/09 Toni's gym

Squats - very little rest in between
45 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 6
275 x 6
275 x 6

Leg Press - very little rest in between
2 pps x 10
4 pps x 10
5 pps x 10
5 pps x 10

Lying Hamstring Curls
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Seated Hamstring Curls
80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 10

Leg Press Calf Raises - constantly changing stance
2 pps+25 x 15
2 pps+25 x 15
2 pps+25 x 15

Done. Ow. I can't deal with no rest. I miss the days when I was conditioned for this stuff... I'm so weak.

So, yesterday I went over to Toni's, stayed the night and had a great time with her and her son. We went to the ABC and trained back and I ate a bunch of cookies, which were delicious. Later I had a ton of fun having a nerf gun fight with her son, Justin. He's got a really cool nerf-M-60 that I would've killed to have when I was younger. Its been a long time since i've felt like a good without a care in the world, except for messing up the house, and it was great to feel that again. I also got to eat some good food, haha. Toni's cookies were delicious and I got to eat some of her other cooking, which was also delicious.

Today was more relaxed than yesterday with a quick gym hit where I did legs and she did some cardio. She also took a few pictures where I look bad, but whatever. We also saw a movie with Justin, Coraline. It was pretty good but it had its strange moments. I also got my ass whooped in Gears of War... I need to go practice.

MikeMoore
02-08-09, 10:40 pm
Whats "I did legs"?? Weird

SQUAT or DIE!
02-08-09, 10:44 pm
next time lets fuckin send out a memo to me so i know that more awesomess is goin on.. SHIT

zanderfever
02-08-09, 10:47 pm
Whats "I did legs"?? Weird

Sorry, "I trained legs"

next time lets fuckin send out a memo to me so i know that more awesomess is goin on.. SHIT

Haha, my bad Squatty. Next time i'll be the first to let you know.

Pizzalamp
02-08-09, 11:23 pm
that pic of u at the abc doing the pulldowns was good-u were looking jacked

Margi
02-08-09, 11:40 pm
I am in on this journey-Good Luck -I see BIG weights in your future!!-M

zanderfever
02-09-09, 12:52 am
that pic of u at the abc doing the pulldowns was good-u were looking jacked

Thanks, Pizza.

I am in on this journey-Good Luck -I see BIG weights in your future!!-M

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Hopefully there will be some heavy weights getting thrown around. Hopefully in the near future to, haha.

B Con
02-09-09, 5:54 am
So you survived legs w/ Toni? I heard that is a very tough feat in itself. Great work Z.

Toni69
02-09-09, 5:58 am
So you survived legs w/ Toni? I heard that is a very tough feat in itself. Great work Z.

no, I didnt train legs with Alex..i will leave that to his Boss Mike Moore. I did the stairs for over 40min while Alex trained legs. I hit legs today and back on sat just exhausted me so i needed to rest up for today's leg session. Today, im gonna go nuts on legs...i am so ready.

Alex, it was great having you over and justin def misses you. :(

scals
02-09-09, 9:38 am
Two good workouts Z.

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 9:41 am
Sorry, "I trained legs"

Still don't get it.

I don't train "legs".

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 9:52 am
2/7/09 -

Done. Ow. I can't deal with no rest. I miss the days when I was conditioned for this stuff... I'm so weak.

When was that??

You squatted 390 and pulled 490 in a meet and you are so weak??

Maybe you just felt weak cause you did a bunch of gay crap. :)

zanderfever
02-09-09, 5:45 pm

Haha, I can't wait to try and keep up with her on leg day. That could be a lot of fun.

no, I didnt train legs with Alex..i will leave that to his Boss Mike Moore. I did the stairs for over 40min while Alex trained legs. I hit legs today and back on sat just exhausted me so i needed to rest up for today's leg session. Today, im gonna go nuts on legs...i am so ready.

Alex, it was great having you over and justin def misses you. :(

I'll have to go see what you did for legs, especially after this talk of me trying to keep up, haha.

I'm so glad we finally got this to happen. I had a blast with you and Justin and I can't wait for next time.

Awww, thats sweet. I miss him to. Did his mohawk come out better with your stuff?

Two good workouts Z.

Thanks, scals.

Still don't get it.

I don't train "legs".

Sorry, Mike. I trained a bodypart instead of a lift.

When was that??

You squatted 390 and pulled 490 in a meet and you are so weak??

Maybe you just felt weak cause you did a bunch of gay crap. :)

Weak in terms of conditioning and endurance.

Before I trained with you guys I was doing more volume than this last leg workout with less rest and I got more done.

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 6:09 pm
Sorry, Mike. I trained a bodypart instead of a lift.

Weak in terms of conditioning and endurance.

Before I trained with you guys I was doing more volume than this last leg workout with less rest and I got more done.

Think you need to cut out more of the crap you eat then anything else. your endurance is fine. We train for 4 hours at a time.

Considering you are much stronger now, you didn't get as much as you think done then. :)

Trust me, you would have gotten plenty of conditioning this weekend. Its what we are working on. High reps sets. Eric wasn't puking and collapsing for no reason.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-09-09, 7:48 pm
Puking and passing out?!?!?! where do i sign up?

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 8:17 pm
Powerhouse Gym Yonkers New York, just ask for Mike Moore and the YPC :)

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-09-09, 8:19 pm
Sweeeeet...I'll be sure to bring a bucket, oxygen tank, and some ammonia caps for this fun. haha!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 8:19 pm
Powerhouse Gym Yonkers New York, just ask for Mike Moore and the YPC :)

fly me up and i shall ask for ya..

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 9:20 pm
Sweeeeet...I'll be sure to bring a bucket, oxygen tank, and some ammonia caps for this fun. haha!

You won't need the ammonia caps, I slap ya back to consciousness.

fly me up and i shall ask for ya..

If I had the money I would brother. Anyone with a name Squat or Die, I want squatting with me.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 9:39 pm
im not up to your caliber quite yet, but thank you..

NJC_Manhattan
02-09-09, 9:46 pm
Subb'd

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 9:50 pm
im not up to your caliber quite yet, but thank you..

Its not what you lift that I care about, its the attitude my friend.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-09-09, 9:53 pm
You won't need the ammonia caps, I slap ya back to consciousness. .

Even better...punching is acceptable too

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 10:05 pm
Its not what you lift that I care about, its the attitude my friend.

well well have to put on some angry music and well have our selves a grand old time...

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 10:42 pm
well well have to put on some angry music and well have our selves a grand old time...

Well, that could be a problem since I love techno. Though I usually don't care about music when I lift. So I can lift to anything.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 10:43 pm
Well, that could be a problem since I love techno. Though I usually don't care about music when I lift. So I can lift to anything.

i can do techno... LOL

i think im one of the few who lifts to country

zanderfever
02-09-09, 10:43 pm
Think you need to cut out more of the crap you eat then anything else. your endurance is fine. We train for 4 hours at a time.

Considering you are much stronger now, you didn't get as much as you think done then. :)

Trust me, you would have gotten plenty of conditioning this weekend. Its what we are working on. High reps sets. Eric wasn't puking and collapsing for no reason.

I definitely need to do more of a real eating regimen. We do train for 4 hours, but with an average of 5-8 minute rests or so you don't get continuous cardiovascular stress. Your heart pumps for a little afterwards but by the time the next set comes around your breathing is fine. I didn't have it in me to do crazy 12 rep sets of Squats so I did what I could with very little rest.

Subb'd

Thanks, NJC. Hope you like what you see.

It'd be a blast to get you over here, Squatty. Your strong and you love to Squat. What more is there?

i can do techno... LOL

... How can you lift to country...

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 10:49 pm
i can do techno... LOL

Techno it is, get your ass to New York!!

I can lift to country. I lift to all the crap they play in the gym. Should never depend on music to lift. Play anything man. Play fucking Beethoven!!

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 10:51 pm
I definitely need to do more of a real eating regimen. We do train for 4 hours, but with an average of 5-8 minute rests or so you don't get continuous cardiovascular stress. Your heart pumps for a little afterwards but by the time the next set comes around your breathing is fine. I didn't have it in me to do crazy 12 rep sets of Squats so I did what I could with very little rest.

Then do cardio. When you lift optimal weight you want you breathing back to normal. Can't do crazy 12 rep sets of squats? What ya gonna do this Sunday then?? Powerlifters Do do high rep sets occassionally. Guess you'll be puking with Eric for sure....LOL!!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 10:52 pm
It'd be a blast to get you over here, Squatty. Your strong and you love to Squat. What more is there?

... How can you lift to country...

lol id love to train with yall...

LOL ya see theres these people called rednecks and they like country.. and i happens to be one of these people.. and since i lift weights i like to listen to music, so i listen to my fav kind of music while i lift... its ok i listen to elton john an what have you as well... bangin out 500 for a few reps to tiny dancer= euphoria... LOL

better than rap.....

zanderfever
02-09-09, 10:55 pm
Then do cardio. When you lift optimal weight you want you breathing back to normal. Can't do crazy 12 rep sets of squats? What ya gonna do this Sunday then?? Powerlifters Do do high rep sets occassionally. Guess you'll be puking with Eric for sure....LOL!!

I never said I can't do them, I said I didnt have it in me to them yesterday. I was training alone in an unfamiliar gym so I did what I could. Plus, I didn't have a spotter since Toni was 150+ feet away.

Cardio... ugggh...

MikeMoore
02-09-09, 10:56 pm
lol id love to train with yall...

LOL ya see theres these people called rednecks and they like country.. and i happens to be one of these people.. and since i lift weights i like to listen to music, so i listen to my fav kind of music while i lift... its ok i listen to elton john an what have you as well... bangin out 500 for a few reps to tiny dancer= euphoria... LOL

better than rap.....

Try Barbie Girl by Aqua.....my fav.....

SQUAT or DIE!
02-09-09, 11:00 pm

HELL YEAH!!! i could jam to that... LOL

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-09-09, 11:01 pm

one more time by daft punk....thatll brighten ur day

Hoomgar
02-10-09, 10:34 am
Where am I? LOL!

Whats new Big Z? I see this journey is taking off now my man.

Hg

zanderfever
02-10-09, 10:46 pm
Where am I? LOL!

Whats new Big Z? I see this journey is taking off now my man.

Hg

The world will never know...

Not really anything is new, except for me finding out that my abs are weak. Very, VERY weak. The main weakpoint in my Squat, weak. Grrr...

zanderfever
02-10-09, 11:00 pm
Plate Front Raises
25 x 10
35 x 12 - last two paused at top
35 x 10 - pause at top
35 x 10 - pause at top
35 x 8 - pause at top

Machine Laterals
6 x 10
7 x 10
8 x 10
8 x 10

Close Grip Bench
95 x 10

3 Board
135 x 10

2 Board
185 x 10
205 x 10
215 x 7 + 1 with help

Face Pulls
70 x 12
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Reverse Pec Deck
100 x 6 - bothered shoulder, so cut weight and went slow and controlled reps
80 x 8
80 x 8

EZ Bar Pushdowns
75 x 12
100 x 10
120 x 10
120 x 100

20 minutes of abs trying to figure out what would work.

Done. Decided to forego anything overhead. The physical therapy people will be happy to hear that I listened to them, haha. Today went alright, but the ab work at the end was miserable. They will need to be worked a TON. I'm collapsing on Squats because of how weak they are.

Hoomgar
02-11-09, 12:36 pm
The world will never know...

Not really anything is new, except for me finding out that my abs are weak. Very, VERY weak. The main weakpoint in my Squat, weak. Grrr...

Only one thing to be done with "weak" bro and you know what it is my man. I'm sure you are already on it.

Hg

zanderfever
02-12-09, 8:55 pm
Only one thing to be done with "weak" bro and you know what it is my man. I'm sure you are already on it.

Hg

Yep, i've now put in 2 ab workouts. Fun stuff...

zanderfever
02-12-09, 9:12 pm
HS Pulldowns
1 pps x 10
1 pps+25 x 10
2 pps x 10
2 pps+25 x 10
2 pps+25 x 10

Padded T-Bars
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
4 plates+25 x 10
4 plates+25 x 9

DB Rows
80's x 8/side
100's x 8/side

Underhand Grip Lat Pulldowns
150 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 10

Seated Cable Rows
150 x 10
180 x 10
210 x 10

BB Shrugs
135 x 12
225 x 10
275 x 10
275 x 10
275 x 10

EZ Bar Preachers - short rests
50 x 10
70 x 6
70 x 6
70 x 6

DB Concentration Curls
35 x 10/side
35 x 10/side
35 x 10/side

ABS

Done. Good day today. We tried to change it up, but we'll need to mess around a little more to find a good new routine. More ab work... Bleh.

scals
02-12-09, 9:15 pm
Damn bro, thats a back and bi workout. Holy shit.

maniack
02-14-09, 12:33 am

ha yeah i like it as well, nice work bro!

zanderfever
02-14-09, 4:57 pm

Haha, thanks scals

ha yeah i like it as well, nice work bro!

Thanks, maniack.

zanderfever
02-14-09, 5:08 pm
Bench
45 x 10
95 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 6 - paused
190 x 6 - paused
190 x 6 - paused
190 x 6 - paused
190 x 6 - paused
95+80chains x 10
135+80chains x 7

HS Incline
80/side x 6
80/side x 8

Incline Bench Machine
80 x 6 - wide grip
80 x 6 - close, hammer grip
100 x 8 - close hammer grip
100 x 8 - normal grip

Machine CGBP
120 x 8
140 x 8
140 x 8 - hammer grip
140 x 7 - hammer grip

Rope Pushdowns
80 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 10

Done. Good day today. Messed around trying to find an incline movement that doesn't bother my shoulder, but thats hard to find. The machine incline was alright, didn't do a ton of weight but I went slow and got a nice contraction.

zanderfever
02-15-09, 3:27 pm
Squats
50 x 8
100 x 6
140 x 6
190 x 5
230 x 3
270 x 10 - no belt
275 x 3 - shaky, unbalanced, lightheaded, terrible, stopped
250+80 in chains x 6 - no belt
270+80 in chains x 0 - no belt, walked it out and back immediately said dont go for this
270+80 in chains x 3 - w/ belt, but back was falling forward so much that the 4th rep I didnt even hit depth

Deads off 3 inch box
135 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 5
335 x 8 PR - back not so good, tried Rack Deads next

Rack Deads
405 x 2 - not going to happen

GHR
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8

Done. Ok day today. I really slept at all this week and i've been paying for it. I didn't really get much leg work in today since my back took the brunt of the work. I tried going as long as I could without a belt in order to build up my core and i'll try it again next week. Maybe put in some Front Squats at the end for some more leg stuff? We'll have to see if Mike gives me the ok or not, haha.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-15-09, 3:40 pm
great work man..

MikeMoore
02-15-09, 8:36 pm
I don't think your legs are the problem. Your legs are strong, its your core that is lacking. You need to go without the belt for a while, work on more abs, and really concentrate on keeping your stomach tight as you squat.

Joe is doing front squats because his legs aren't as strong and his back is doing most of the work when he squats. He pretty much good mornings it up.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-15-09, 9:00 pm
I don't think your legs are the problem. Your legs are strong, its your core that is lacking. You need to go without the belt for a while, work on more abs, and really concentrate on keeping your stomach tight as you squat.

Joe is doing front squats because his legs aren't as strong and his back is doing most of the work when he squats. He pretty much good mornings it up.

plenty of ab work!! i try to hit mine a few times a week. and i have beautiful abs.. LOL

zanderfever
02-16-09, 10:19 am
great work man..

Thanks, Squatty

More ab work... Fun stuff.

plenty of ab work!! i try to hit mine a few times a week. and i have beautiful abs.. LOL

Haha, oh yes you are an inspiration in the ab department Squatty. I strive to have abs like you.

Pizzalamp
02-16-09, 11:35 pm
good luck w/ the squats zander

SQUAT or DIE!
02-17-09, 1:40 am
Haha, oh yes you are an inspiration in the ab department Squatty. I strive to have abs like you.

:) you should, my abs are a thing to be desired. They are thick masterpieces of strength.. LOL

i want to pull like mike!!

Toni69
02-17-09, 4:09 am
so if you dont use a belt are you gonna lighten the weight or still use the same weight without the belt? as Mike suggested earlier...

B Con
02-17-09, 5:20 am
I hope you can get some sleep Z. Makes the world of a difference.

Hoomgar
02-17-09, 12:23 pm
Get your rest bro. Gotta recharge the batteries man if you want to get the work done bro. Hope all is well with you man?

Hg

zanderfever
02-17-09, 9:23 pm
:) you should, my abs are a thing to be desired. They are thick masterpieces of strength.. LOL

i want to pull like mike!!

Yep, I envy you for the strength. Thats what I need.

good luck w/ the squats zander

Thanks, Pizza. It'll all work out.

so if you dont use a belt are you gonna lighten the weight or still use the same weight without the belt? as Mike suggested earlier...

I'll need to drop the weight. My core is so weak that I am either falling over and failing or falling over and muscling the weight up with my back. Without my belt to act as a core, I will most likely need to seriously decrease the weight and focus on keeping my belly tight, taking in a deeper breath, staying more upright, and staying tighter all around. Its going to be tough.

I hope you can get some sleep Z. Makes the world of a difference.

Thanks, B. I'm working on it.

Get your rest bro. Gotta recharge the batteries man if you want to get the work done bro. Hope all is well with you man?

Hg

Will do. I'm planning on sleeping well tonight. We'll see how that goes.

zanderfever
02-17-09, 9:27 pm
Plate Front Raises
10 x 10
25 x 12
25 x 10 - hold at top for couple seconds
25 x 10 - same
25 x 8 - longer hold time at top
25 x 10

Seated DB Press
30's x 20 - moved slowly
30's x 20 - moved slowly

HS Lateral Raises
25/side x 12
25/side x 10
25/side x 10
25/side x 12

2 Board CGBP
135 x 15
185 x 10
205 x 10
215 x 7 + 1 with help

Face Pulls
70 x 12
80 x 10
90 x 10

EZ Bar Pressdowns
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10

20 mins of ABS

Done. Good day today. Its definitely a good sign that I didnt have much trouble with the very light DB Presses. Hopefully i'll get better and be able to do more than just 30 pound DBs.

T o m m Y
02-17-09, 9:29 pm
solid session brotha,nice cgbp..

Hoomgar
02-18-09, 10:50 am

Agreed. Doing well on the bench Z.

scals
02-18-09, 8:12 pm
Done. Good day today. Its definitely a good sign that I didnt have much trouble with the very light DB Presses. Hopefully i'll get better and be able to do more than just 30 pound DBs.

When I tore my shoulder 4 years ago, thats all I could do without pain for about 6 weeks. I don't even think I could get 20 reps lol. You'll heal and be back with no pain in due time.

Solid work on those CGs bro.

zanderfever
02-18-09, 10:03 pm

Thanks, Small.

Agreed. Doing well on the bench Z.

Thanks, Hg. Hopefully i'll get it up to where it should be.

When I tore my shoulder 4 years ago, thats all I could do without pain for about 6 weeks. I don't even think I could get 20 reps lol. You'll heal and be back with no pain in due time.

Solid work on those CGs bro.

Thanks, scals. Glad to see you recovered in 6 weeks. A torn shoulder sounds bad. Can't for the healing to be 100%. Doc said i'm about 70% right now.

zanderfever
02-19-09, 8:32 pm
Lat Pulldowns - wide grip, palms in
100 x 10
150 x 8
200 x 6
220 x 6
230 x 6

T-Bar Rows
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 8 - bad form
3 plates x 10 - good form

Padded T-Bars
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 8
4 plates+25 x 5 (momentary lapse) + another 5 reps

HS Low Rows
2 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps+25 x 10
3 pps+25 x 10

HS Shrugs
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 10

EZ Bar Preachers - short rest
50 x 10
70 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 6

ABS

Done. Not a great day, but ehhh. My head wasn't really into it today.

zanderfever
02-19-09, 9:12 pm
This blows. I was beginning to get sick towards the end of school today and now my head is killing me and my throat doesn't want to let me swallow anything... Fucking hell... It hurts to look at a computer screen and i've even dimmed down the screen all the way...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-19-09, 11:37 pm
Take care of ur body kid. We put our bodies through hell and proper nutrition is vital to keep us healthy to keep pushing ourselves past our limits....take care of that shit bro.

Hoomgar
02-20-09, 11:21 am
Time to rest up my man. Try to get your rest, fluids, vitamin C (lots of this!) and keep eating as you can. There wont be any quality lifting if your sick as a dog. Take care buddy. Heal up quick!

Hg

zanderfever
02-20-09, 1:31 pm
Take care of ur body kid. We put our bodies through hell and proper nutrition is vital to keep us healthy to keep pushing ourselves past our limits....take care of that shit bro.

Time to rest up my man. Try to get your rest, fluids, vitamin C (lots of this!) and keep eating as you can. There wont be any quality lifting if your sick as a dog. Take care buddy. Heal up quick!

Hg

Thanks, guys. I'm feeling a bit better. I threw up around midnight and i've been getting better since. Its weird, but i would sleep for about 3 hours, wake up and pee, and then go back to sleep for 3 hours. Even though I didn't drink anything. Weird. Now i'm just waiting for my head to clear up.

zanderfever
02-21-09, 2:11 pm
Bench
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 8
165 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 5 - easy, stopped before i'd be really pushing it
135+80 in chains x 8
135+80 in cahins x 8

Incline Bench Machine
80 x 8 - normal grip
80 x 8 - palms in
100 x 8 - palms in
80 x 15 - palms in

Machine CGBP
130 x 10
150 x 10
180 x 8
180 x 8

Rolling DB Extensions
15's x 12
25's x 10

Fat Rope Pushdowns
70 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
80 x 15

Done. Good day today considering that my head is hurting. Can't really complain. The weight felt light which is good. Probably had something to do with me not pushing it and not really thinking about the weight, i dont know. Anyway, we'll see how tomorrow goes. Squats and Deads.

zanderfever
02-22-09, 12:33 am
starting to feel better... we'll see how tomorrow goes

zanderfever
02-22-09, 4:53 pm
Squats
50 x 8
100 x 8
140 x 6
190 x 5
230 x 5
255 x 9 - no belt, Mike stopped me here because I was leaning forward to much
255 x 8 - really focused on form, even so I felt my back
250+80 in chains x 5 - back not happy

Deadlifts off 3 inch box
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5 - double overhand grip
335 x 6
315 x 8
315 x 5 - back had nothing left

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 10
BW+10 x 10

10 mins Ab circuit

Done. Good day today, all things considered. I haven't eaten much these last few days and my head was bothering me at the beginning of today but it all worked out in the end. I'm working on resolving this core issue. Once that gets strong i'll hopefully be putting up way more than a 400 at the IPA Worlds. Going to be a fun time, haha.

scals
02-22-09, 7:08 pm
Really good workouts this week Z. Glad to see you're feeling better. Seems like everyone is catching a lil something.

Hoomgar
02-23-09, 10:17 am
Put up some really great numbers considering how your feeling right now bro. Keep eating and resting man. get your strength back and take care buddy. Hopefully your shaking this off today!

Hg

zanderfever
02-24-09, 10:44 pm
Really good workouts this week Z. Glad to see you're feeling better. Seems like everyone is catching a lil something.

Thanks, scals. I am feeling a bit better, though even now i'm still sick. There is some sickness going around and its quite unfortunate. I hope they get over it to.

Put up some really great numbers considering how your feeling right now bro. Keep eating and resting man. get your strength back and take care buddy. Hopefully your shaking this off today!

Hg

Thanks, Hg. All things considered I can't complain about how the weekend went. I'm eating and resting as much as I can, though I don't think thats actually true, haha. I can eat a looooot more than I am now. It doesn't seem the strength has gone anywhere, thank god, so I am slightly happy right now. Going to bed early today.

zanderfever
02-24-09, 10:54 pm
Some front raises and lateral raises with a 5 pound plate

Seated DB Presses
20's x 20
25's x 25
30's x 40 - sloppy

Tri set of Side Raises, 45 degree raises, and Front Raises
15's x 10, 15's x 10, (5 second rest) 15's x 10
15's x 10, 15's x 8, 15's x 8
15's x 10, 15's x 5, 15's x 5

CGBP
45 x 4 - to see what board i would need to use

3 Board
135 x 10
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 6
235 x 5

Face Pulls
70 x 12 - paused
80 x 10 - paused
90 x 10 - slow
100 x 10 - slow

EZ Bar Pressdowns
60 x 12
80 x 12
100 x 12
100 x 12

ABS

Done. Good day today. I sort of mixed in physical therapy with the triset instead of just laterals. It fried my left shoulder so much more than the right shoulder that I decided to go with the 3 Board instead of the 2 Board today. It was good though.

zanderfever
02-27-09, 3:36 pm
Lat Pulldowns - normal bar
100 x 10
150 x 8
180 x 10
190 x 10
210 x 10

Padded T-Bars
115 x 8
135 x 8
160 x 10
180 x 10
205 x 10

BB Rows
135 x 10
185 x 10

Seated Cable Rows
150 x 10
170 x 10
200 x 10

HS Shrugs
3 pps x 10 - paused at top
3 pps x 10 - paused
3 pps x 10 - some paused
3 pps x 10 - some paused

DB Shrugs
115's x 10
115's x 6

BB Curls
45 x 10
65 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 8
75 x 8

ABS

Deadlifts
135 x 3 - done with these tough foam apparatus around the bar to make it similar to a fat bar
225 x 1 - same hand thing
315 x 1 - double overhand

Done. Good day yesterday. I ended up spending an extra hour or two at the gym helping out Kevin the Strongman with his Squatting 500 + 200 in chains wearing briefs and his deadlifing 500 + chains. It was pretty cool to say the least. I found out that I have a strong grip to, haha.

Toni69
02-27-09, 3:42 pm
always doin mad work here...

just touching base with you...and that front squat vid with Mike was great!

seeing you real soon babe!

T o m m Y
02-27-09, 4:34 pm
solid stuff'

zanderfever
02-27-09, 8:52 pm
always doin mad work here...

just touching base with you...and that front squat vid with Mike was great!

seeing you real soon babe!

Haha, thanks Toni. Its always welcome to hear from you. The Arnold is close! So close! Haha, its going to be awesome.

solid stuff'

Thanks, SnW.

zanderfever
02-27-09, 8:58 pm
uPenn with the brother

Bench
45 x 12
95 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 4
225 x 1 - paused
205 x 5
205 x 4
205 x 4

DB Floor Press
70's x 8
80's x 7
80's x 7

Rope Pushdowns
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10

Done. Fun stuff today. Mostly because I worked out with Scott. Been waaaaaaay to long since this has happened. Anyway, my benching sucked today. Partly because this workout was smashed into 45 minutes, I used probably the slipperiest bench i've ever used, and the plates were rubber. Not exactly hardcore, haha. I had a good time though. Its nice to visit my brother.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-27-09, 9:04 pm
I know how you feel about the slippery benches, i say they are turrrrrrible. good job getting that session in.

zanderfever
03-01-09, 3:02 pm
I know how you feel about the slippery benches, i say they are turrrrrrible. good job getting that session in.

Thanks, King. Although it wasn't all bad that I got to feel the benching without a good pad. It made me realize a few things that i need to do and hopefully i'll get a better arch out of it.

zanderfever
03-01-09, 3:11 pm
Front Squats
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 8
165 x 8
185 x 6
205 x 4
225 x 3 PR

Power Squats
2 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps+25 x 10 - quad death

Deadlifs off 3 inch box
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
340 x 8
340 x 8 - I wanted to die

Glute Ham Raises
BW x 8
BW x 8 - with pause when body's parallel to the ground as well as at the top
BW+10 x 6 - same as above
BW+10 x 7 - same as above

Leg Press Calf Raises
1 pps+25 x 15
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 15
3 pps x 15 rest 5 secs 3 pps x 10 rest 5 secs 3 pps x 10

ABS

Done. Tough day today, but a good one nonetheless. All of us wanted to die. Joe and I both commented on the first set of deadlifts that we felt it in our quads the most, thats how fatigued they were. Joe also said that today was in the top 5 for most painful days... I won't exactly fight him on that. After the first set of calf raises my quads were seizing up, somethign that usually happens a few hours after the workout. Needless to say, I'm dragging now...

Toni69
03-01-09, 5:14 pm
responded to your pm..but yes..your mine next wkd! wink, wink...

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-01-09, 5:15 pm
u might wanna get a wheel chair for the arnold alex...hahaha nice work dude

zanderfever
03-01-09, 5:41 pm
responded to your pm..but yes..your mine next wkd! wink, wink...

Haha, yay!

u might wanna get a wheel chair for the arnold alex...hahaha nice work dude

I very well may need it, haha. Thanks.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-01-09, 8:29 pm
great last few wos man....

zanderfever
03-03-09, 8:37 pm
great last few wos man....

Thanks, Squatty

zanderfever
03-03-09, 8:50 pm
PT stuff for shoulder. Internal/External rotations, various Front/Lateral raises and other raises in between. 5 pound plate and 10 pound plate.

Seated DB Press
30's x 25
45's x 20 - this fried me
30's x 25

Side Laterals - just two sets, left shoulder was burning a LOT
20's x 10
20's x 10

CGBP
45 x 10

2 Board
135 x 10
185 x 6
205 x 6

3 Board
205 x 6

Face Pulls
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

ABS

Done. Not a great day today. I was distracted the whole time and I couldn't get my head into it. Tuesdays are becoming incredibly tedious and painful...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-03-09, 9:10 pm
loking good... apparently i need to up my delt work, ole Z is gonna school me soon...

zanderfever
03-03-09, 9:51 pm
loking good... apparently i need to up my delt work, ole Z is gonna school me soon...

Haha, thanks Squatty. Maybe once my shoulder is healed we'll have to go head to head in all out shoulder battle. Then Squat RAW, haha.

zanderfever
03-05-09, 7:38 pm
Lat Pulldowns
100 x 10
140 x 10
180 x 8
200 x 8

Padded T-Bars
3 plates x 6
3 plates+25 x 8
3 plates+25 x 6

Seated Cable Rows
100 x 10
150 x 10
180 x 10

BB Rows
135 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8

Underhand Grip BB Rows
135 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8

BB Shrugs
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10

DB Shrugs
70's x 10
85's x 10
85's x 10

BB Curlz
35 x 6
55 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8
75 x 8

Hammer Curls
35's x 8/arm
35's x 6/arm

ABS

Done. Today was a good day. I decided that today would be a short day and I made it even shorter than I had expected, though I noticed a severe drop in strength from the lack of rest periods. I lost a full plate on the t-bars, 40 pounds on the rows, 20-30 pounds on the pulldowns, and 20-40 pounds on the Seated Cable Rows. The rests were very close to cardio and I haven't done so much sweating in the gym for a long time. It was kind of refreshing. I worked out alone also. Got some shit for that but it wasn't anything I didn't expect.

MikeMoore
03-05-09, 9:21 pm
Done. Today was a good day. I decided that today would be a short day and I made it even shorter than I had expected, though I noticed a severe drop in strength from the lack of rest periods. I lost a full plate on the t-bars, 40 pounds on the rows, 20-30 pounds on the pulldowns, and 20-40 pounds on the Seated Cable Rows. The rests were very close to cardio and I haven't done so much sweating in the gym for a long time. It was kind of refreshing. I worked out alone also. Got some shit for that but it wasn't anything I didn't expect.

Yeah, cause me and Joe both agreed, its gay......like *** gay.....

Hoomgar
03-06-09, 1:48 pm

Good stuff bro. Intensity and pushing to fatigue gets it done man.

zanderfever
03-08-09, 2:18 pm
Yeah, cause me and Joe both agreed, its gay......like *** gay.....

Wait until you see the workout I did at the Arnold...

Good stuff bro. Intensity and pushing to fatigue gets it done man.

THanks, Hg. That was taken care of.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 3:26 pm
Wait until you see the workout I did at the Arnold...

Don't want to, and already got reports......

scals
03-08-09, 3:45 pm
Great seeing ya yesterday bro. Looking good. Keep it up.

zanderfever
03-08-09, 4:52 pm
FIRST OFF THANK YOU TO UNIVERSAL FOR THE CAGE.

I honestly had one of the greatest days i've ever had yesterday. It started off on a great note with seeing all the other Animals, getting to be in the Cage for a large chunk of the day and being called out by Vinny. That was an unexpected treat. I've always wanted to lift in the cage but I never feel that i'm strong enough to do it. Apparently, Vinny thought otherwise and that was definitely one of the highlights of my experience at the Arnold. It was a bench your bodyweight for reps competition and I was standing outside the cage when Vinny saw me and said, on the mic, "did you sign up for this" and when I said no he just told me to "get in here" which was basically a moment where I shit myself. Universal was great and gave us FORVM members a free shaker cup and supplements so I used that shaker cup and got myself some Shock Therapy for the contest (I was joking with NG that if I was going to do this I needed my creatine) I ended up getting 9 reps with 200. I wish I had done more, but I fell out of my groove and brought the bar down to high. I'm just glad I did real reps instead of some guy who were bouncing the bar 4 inches into their chest. It was great when Vinny said that a guy got x amount of reps "and a broken sternum"

Vinny did a good job with the mic. So did Sgt Rock when Sam Byrd and his crew were doing their Squats. Which were very impressive also. Deep, real powerlifting Squats. It was cool to see Sam Byrd lift with just a belt and knee wraps when i've only really seen the videos of his suited 1000+ Squats. Needless to say, 585 in weight, plus 200 or so in chains for 2 deep Squats impressed me. His crew did well to, though I can't remember exactly what they lifted. I know one guy was doing reps with what would be world record weight in some federation, though I don't know which.

Since I have a friend who works out with Derek Poundstone I decided to watch the strongman competition instead of Sgt Rock's deadlifting. I'm truly sorry that I missed his deadlifting simply because I would've loved to see some of the best deadlifting out there. I also love the deadlift more than any other lift. But Poundstone was ridiculous. All of the strongman were. I can't wait to do a competition of my own someday...

Rage and The Freak (Derrick Farnsworth for those who don't know) did a contest of Squatting for 405 for however many reps they can get. Rage got 19 and then failed in the whole for a true real set to failure. They were good reps to. Not the bullshit quarter squats but deep squats that went below parallel. I believe Rage weighed in at 250 something and Freak weighed in at 190. Freak got 25 reps with his 405 and they were also real quality Squats. Freak went raw with just a belt and Rage used a belt and knee wraps. Very impressive squatting.

That was my experience at with competition and exhibitions at the Arnold and the Cage. Now for some more fun stuff with the socialization at the cage.

First contact with an Animal was BigAnt yelling hi to me as we went up/down opposite elevators. Then I headed over to the cage, met up with Toni and Shortstack. Throughout the day I was simply hanging out in the cage. Talked to B Con, KingKongPronged, Mcfly, BigAnt, Rcrott1, Scals17, Shortstack, Vinny, BamBam92, futilekyle, Rage/Ragingmuscle, The Freak, and a ton of others that I just can't remember at the moment. It was a ton of fun. Just a great time.

Then for the ABC after the Arnold. Now THIS was an ABC to remember. I ended up training with Derrick Farnsworth(Freak), Shortstack, InkedMuscle, and sifusteve. We did legs. I got my ass whooped by all of them. Heres how the workout went for me

Leg Press
sled x 10
2 pps x 10
4 pps x 15-20? drop to 3pps x ? drop to 2 pps x ? 1 pps x? - I honestly don't know. All I know is that I had 50 reps by the end and I couldn't get out of the leg press. I had to hold onto the sled to keep my body upright. Next was one more set...
4 pps x 20 drop to 3 pps x ? drop to 2 pps x ? drop to 1 pps x ? I don't know... All I know is that we were doing this set to beat whoever went before you... and I had to beat 61. I don't remember all of it all I know is that halfway or so through the set InkedMuscle threw a cold towel on my head... I believe shortstack had pictures. I've never felt more of a burn or more of a feeling that I would puke than right here...

Hack Squats
1 pps x 5 immediately 2 pps x 5
1 pps x 5 immediately 2 pps x 5

Squats - so unpleasant. At this point if I was standing and I accidentally unlocked my legs then i would almost fall to the ground...
135 x ?
135 x 10
135 x 6 - paused

And that was all I was able to do... Holy god... I am having a hard time walking today. Wow. I am in such terrible shape. That second heavy leg press set destroyed me. I was in pain from it, delirious, overheated, and had to go get 3 bottles of cold water. I usually hate cold water but this stuff I used not only to drink and cool me from the inside but I kept putting it on my head so I wouldn't pass out. It was a perfect example of the two very different styles of powerlifting and bodybuilding... I had half to a quarter of the rest time i'm used to with 5-50x the reps that I used to/like... Pain

After the workout I thanked Freak for kicking my ass and then me, Toni, Shortstack, Inked Muscle, FireDrake, Sifusteve, Phil800101, and someone soon to be named "Poptarts" or something as well. We had a blast and went to Smokey Bones to eat. Stayed there for a long time just talking and eating. That was definitely a great meal (thanks, guys) and the company was better. Can't wait for next year and to see the pictures from yesterday.

Great day. Thank you to everybody.

zanderfever
03-08-09, 4:53 pm
Don't want to, and already got reports......

What? From who?

Great seeing ya yesterday bro. Looking good. Keep it up.

Thanks, scals. You to. I had a blast seeing you and everyone else.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 7:01 pm
What? From who?

Don't worry about it. I know lots of people.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 7:03 pm
Wow. I am in such terrible shape.

Really?? Interesting....

zanderfever
03-08-09, 7:23 pm
Don't worry about it. I know lots of people.

Did Toni tell you?

Really?? Interesting....

Yeah... i'm thinking diet starts tomorrow.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 7:46 pm
Did Toni tell you?

Yeah... i'm thinking diet starts tomorrow.

Doesn't matter who told me....I have spies everywhere....but no

Its not just your diet.Though I don't think that is a major problem. First off you are not conditioned for certain things. We don't normally do higher reps sets. No need for it. Doesn't build strength. We do however occasionally do higher reps stuff, like we are now for conditioning. I don't do the 30+ rep sets on OHPs cause I think it builds stength.

Your biggest problem is not diet, its sleep. You come into the gym tired and admit you had no sleep the night before. You look like death during your first set of squats(not even the heavy stuff) at around your 3rd rep. Thats from lack of sleep and being way too tired.I am willing to bet you had zero sleep before that workout as well, You can diet all you want, but if you don't get enough sleep and rest, ain't gonna do much for you.

zanderfever
03-08-09, 7:49 pm

Its not just your diet.Though I don't think that is a major problem. First off you are not conditioned for certain things. We don't normally do higher reps sets. No need for it. Doesn't build strength. We do however occasionally do higher reps stuff, like we are now for conditioning. I don't do the 30+ rep sets on OHPs cause I think it builds stength.

Your biggest problem is not diet, its sleep. You come into the gym tired and admit you had no sleep the night before. You look like death during your first set of squats(not even the heavy stuff) at around your 3rd rep. Thats from lack of sleep and being way too tired.I am willing to bet you had zero sleep before that workout as well, You can diet all you want, but if you don't get enough sleep and rest, ain't gonna do much for you.

The diets because i'm fat... I'm confused as to who told you then... O_o

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 7:54 pm

Tried to edit, but it freakn wouldn't let me......read this instead :

Its not just your diet.Though I don't think that is a major problem. First off you are not conditioned for certain things. We don't normally do higher reps sets. No real need for it. Doesn't build strength. We do however occasionally do higher rep stuff, like we are now for conditioning. I don't do the 30+ rep sets on OHPs cause I think it builds stength. I can't do a full workout full of high rep drop sets stuff, I wouldn't exactly say I am out of shape. So your statement about being out of shape is bullshit. Its about being conditioned for certain things. There are plenty of people that do high rep stuff that aren't conditioned for heavier weight low rep stuff, I've seen it.Are they out of shape? And how many out of either group is conditioned for a marathon?? I'd bet on neither. Does that mean they are out of shape?? No.... its about what you are conditioned for.

Your biggest problem is not diet, its sleep. How often do I tell you to get sleep?? Thats probably the number one thing I tell you to do.You come into the gym tired and admit you had no sleep the night before. You look like death during your first set of squats(not even the heavy stuff) at around your 3rd rep. Thats from lack of sleep and being way too tired.I am willing to bet you had zero sleep before that workout as well, You can diet all you want, but if you don't get enough sleep and rest, ain't gonna do much for you. No sleep and training, in ANY manner, = problems.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 7:57 pm
The diets because i'm fat... I'm confused as to who told you then... O_o

So what you got a bit of a belly....big deal...doesn't make you fat. Don't diet, lose strength that way, and its gay. Eat cleaner, do a LITTLE cardio and do fucking abs.

You used to wanna be a bodybuilder and yet NEVER did abs....took a powerlifter to tell you to do abs. :)

zanderfever
03-08-09, 8:06 pm
So what you got a bit of a belly....big deal...doesn't make you fat. Don't diet, lose strength that way, and its gay. Eat cleaner, do a LITTLE cardio and do fucking abs.

You used to wanna be a bodybuilder and yet NEVER did abs....took a powerlifter to tell you to do abs. :)

Then I'll regiment what I eat without a caloric deficit and do cardio to get a little tighter. And I never did abs because it would bother my back and it was very unpleasant... Besides, you diet to show your abs you dont do abs and then they show up...

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 8:20 pm
Then I'll regiment what I eat without a caloric deficit and do cardio to get a little tighter. And I never did abs because it would bother my back and it was very unpleasant... Besides, you diet to show your abs you dont do abs and then they show up...

Then you find exercises that don't bother your back.

You have to work your abs whether you diet or not. They don't just show up from just dieting and not hitting them.

zanderfever
03-08-09, 8:27 pm
Then you find exercises that don't bother your back.

You have to work your abs whether you diet or not. They don't just show up from just dieting and not hitting them.

They would. And now I do work my abs whether i diet or not.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-08-09, 8:36 pm
Good seeing you yesterday Alex, always fun to see familiar faces.

MikeMoore
03-08-09, 9:43 pm
They would. And now I do work my abs whether i diet or not.

Ok, sure

zanderfever
03-09-09, 8:59 pm
Good seeing you yesterday Alex, always fun to see familiar faces.

To true, King. Can't wait until next time

Ok, sure

They would. Doing abs doesnt make them show, diet does. Its a matter of how lean you are.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 9:43 pm
They would. Doing abs doesnt make them show, diet does. Its a matter of how lean you are.

Well you would know more than me since you're so ripped and all.

zanderfever
03-09-09, 9:43 pm
Well you would know more than me since you're so ripped and all.

... your mean

Toni69
03-09-09, 9:55 pm
... your mean

babe, he isnt being mean..he is being straight up with you. I have to agreee on many things he said here and as far as your training, yes its cool to get into something different now and again but to come out and say your diet is off or whatever because the wo kicked your ass...its not that, its the conditioning level your at now..you dont train high rep so why feel you should go into 30-50 rep leg presses and be able to kill it if you dont train like that regularly? Now your style of training is building your conditioning for that particular kinda work and it doesnt matter if you can squat 500lbs for 3 reps...doesnt mean you should get 225 for 30..you need to be able to stand that lactic acid buildup in your legs to pull it off....IMO anyway.

Sometimes Mike's approach or attitude seems a bit hardcore and one way, but he is like that for a reason and its justified by what he has accomplished so far....

take what he gives you..what we all give you and use it the best way you can...dont make excuses or complaints...just experience and learn from all that is given to you. knowledge is power! LOL

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:05 pm
babe, he isnt being mean..he is being straight up with you. I have to agreee on many things he said here and as far as your training, yes its cool to get into something different now and again but to come out and say your diet is off or whatever because the wo kicked your ass...its not that, its the conditioning level your at now..you dont train high rep so why feel you should go into 30-50 rep leg presses and be able to kill it if you dont train like that regularly? Now your style of training is building your conditioning for that particular kinda work and it doesnt matter if you can squat 500lbs for 3 reps...doesnt mean you should get 225 for 30..you need to be able to stand that lactic acid buildup in your legs to pull it off....IMO anyway.

Sometimes Mike's approach or attitude seems a bit hardcore and one way, but he is like that for a reason and its justified by what he has accomplished so far....

take what he gives you..what we all give you and use it the best way you can...dont make excuses or complaints...just experience and learn from all that is given to you. knowledge is power! LOL

I agree with everything he's saying and everything your saying. So to clarify, i've been thinking that I am fat and need to diet ever since November so its a separate issue from my lack of conditioning for reps. The reps just make me feel weak and that along with me feeling fat just makes it all worse which makes me articulate it. 2 separate events that make the other one worse which sparks my bitching...

And I dont actually think he's mean. I'm just to tired to think of something good to write.

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:09 pm
hmmm, wonder what he will say to you dietng cause that will cause you to lose strength babe...and strength is the name of your game.

If you need help with a diet i can do that without maybe risking too much on your lifting days. I can work it so your higher carb days are on your big lift days...we can work this out to start but if your not losing enough or to your liking, we would have to cut and that could result in loss of strength eventually. maybe not cause for me, my strength doesnt go down when dieting due to my supplementation...I amino load like nuts and that saves my ass. Its when we get really down to the nasty show prep that strwength is truly affected and muscle loss becomes a higher possibility but you wouldnt get that far into dieting anyway. Lets see what the man says....

Firedrake
03-09-09, 10:11 pm
Zander,

Is it mean if he's telling the truth? Yes, one has to diet to get the abs to show, but one has to -have- strong abs to HAVE them show. Every bodybuilder and every powerlifter works abs. Mike's right in that you have to find the exercises that work. Plain ol' situps don't cut it.

I have a foot-high cage of titanium going from the S1 vertebra up to L2 in my back (x-rays here (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=207952602&albumId=1732069)), and I work abs at least three days a week, and do a crap load of cardio. I do crunches on a bench, rope crunches, bench leg raises and kneeups, and hanging leg raises. I have to be REAL careful about my back.

I've dropped 50 pounds of fat since August of last year, when the doctor told me I could get back into the gym. I've lost 5 inches off my waist, put half-an-inch on my arms . . . and I'm three times your age.

When I -was- your age, I was hitting the weights three days a week, and having wrestling workouts five days a week, doing lots of cardio and ab work. I did my one and only bodybuilding show when I was 18. I didn't learn about powerlifting till much later.

I was also getting eight hours of sleep a night. (Even when curled up with a good SF book *grin*) I get a little less now, trying to balance work, the gym and my other interests, but I do my best to get my rest.

So, I hope you don't think less of me when your coach tells you to get more sleep or do more "core" work if you want to bring your lifts up. Hell, you're stronger than I was at your age! But, my young friend, there are no excuses for doing the work, eating right, and getting the rest you need.

Your abs and the other muscles of your torso are the core of your strength, and give you the stability you need to make those lifts. Without them, you're screwed.

You're not going to set any more records if you're up playing World of Warcraft all night. Would you rather rack up points in a virtual world, or records in lifting? Hmmm?

Your choice. Feel free to pm me or e-mail me at firedrake@earthlink.net if you want to talk more.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:19 pm

Thank you. Saved me alot of writing. Anyone who remotely knows me, knows that I just tell it as it is and how I see it. Don't care who I say it to. If someone disagrees so be it, I don't care. I've been around a long time, and though I don't claim to know it all (noone does), I have trained, talked, listened and are friends with some of the best.

I just don't like when he writes stuff like he's out of shape or fat and crap like that. Not just cause he trains with me and the team, but he trains freakn hard. I know, I train with him and I see it. He probably trains harder than most on this board. He pushes himself beyond what I ask for, and like I mentioned in a previous post, he does this with zero sleep. So I don't like to see him put himself down and I get pissed off. So maybe I may appear to be mean. Perhaps sometimes I am. But I do only want the best for him and very proud of how far he has come, very proud to train with him and proud to have him as a training partner, teammate and more importantly a friend. So I got mad and mean cause I care. I hope he realizes this, I have told him on multiple occasions, and although I do bust his balls alot in the gym, its all in fun and cause I care about him. I told him before if anything ever bothers him to come talk to me. No matter what its about. I will do whatever I can to help him. And I don't do that for everyone.

But yes, I am hardcore and don't believe in sucking up or buttering someone up. When they perform well I praise it. When I think it could be better or they are slacking or do something I disagree with or something stupid, I am NOT afraid to tell them. I know people always try to be encouraging and all that, but sometimes that can be a bad thing. Especially if someone is doing something wrong or could be better. I am a BIG believer in constructive criticism. Troy tells me when I suck or being a pussy or when I can do better. I rarely get a big praise from him, and thats how I like it and should be.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:24 pm
I agree with everything he's saying and everything your saying. So to clarify, i've been thinking that I am fat and need to diet ever since November so its a separate issue from my lack of conditioning for reps. The reps just make me feel weak and that along with me feeling fat just makes it all worse which makes me articulate it. 2 separate events that make the other one worse which sparks my bitching...

And I dont actually think he's mean. I'm just to tired to think of something good to write.

You're not fat. You got a bit of a gut. Big deal. You have gotten much thicker since being with the team. How many people have told you that? Didn't Kara tell you that when you met her?? Think she knows, don't you?? Though then again, she says I'm huge.....

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:27 pm
hmmm, wonder what he will say to you dietng cause that will cause you to lose strength babe...and strength is the name of your game.

If you need help with a diet i can do that without maybe risking too much on your lifting days. I can work it so your higher carb days are on your big lift days...we can work this out to start but if your not losing enough or to your liking, we would have to cut and that could result in loss of strength eventually. maybe not cause for me, my strength doesnt go down when dieting due to my supplementation...I amino load like nuts and that saves my ass. Its when we get really down to the nasty show prep that strwength is truly affected and muscle loss becomes a higher possibility but you wouldnt get that far into dieting anyway. Lets see what the man says....

Already addressed that. No wouldn't be happy. Why I told him to eat CLEANER!!!! Not that I am one to talk, but I like my belly. One reason I squat big, and my gut is hard as a rock.

He used to go to the pizzeria next door to the gym and eat a bunch of zeppoles. I love them but I don't even eat them!!

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:28 pm
Zander,

Is it mean if he's telling the truth? Yes, one has to diet to get the abs to show, but one has to -have- strong abs to HAVE them show.

Thank you...someone who gets what I was saying......

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:28 pm

Thanks, Toni. I'd really appreciate that. I wouldn't go crazy with the diet to get into contest shape, but I would like to have a visible 6 pack. Just enough so I dont think my gut is sticking out.

Zander,

Is it mean if he's telling the truth? Yes, one has to diet to get the abs to show, but one has to -have- strong abs to HAVE them show. Every bodybuilder and every powerlifter works abs. Mike's right in that you have to find the exercises that work. Plain ol' situps don't cut it.

I have a foot-high cage of titanium going from the S1 vertebra up to L2 in my back (x-rays here (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=207952602&albumId=1732069)), and I work abs at least three days a week, and do a crap load of cardio. I do crunches on a bench, rope crunches, bench leg raises and kneeups, and hanging leg raises. I have to be REAL careful about my back.

I've dropped 50 pounds of fat since August of last year, when the doctor told me I could get back into the gym. I've lost 5 inches off my waist, put half-an-inch on my arms . . . and I'm three times your age.

When I -was- your age, I was hitting the weights three days a week, and having wrestling workouts five days a week, doing lots of cardio and ab work. I did my one and only bodybuilding show when I was 18. I didn't learn about powerlifting till much later.

I was also getting eight hours of sleep a night. (Even when curled up with a good SF book *grin*) I get a little less now, trying to balance work, the gym and my other interests, but I do my best to get my rest.

So, I hope you don't think less of me when your coach tells you to get more sleep or do more "core" work if you want to bring your lifts up. Hell, you're stronger than I was at your age! But, my young friend, there are no excuses for doing the work, eating right, and getting the rest you need.

Your abs and the other muscles of your torso are the core of your strength, and give you the stability you need to make those lifts. Without them, you're screwed.

You're not going to set any more records if you're up playing World of Warcraft all night. Would you rather rack up points in a virtual world, or records in lifting? Hmmm?

Your choice. Feel free to pm me or e-mail me at firedrake@earthlink.net if you want to talk more.

You are a wise man, my friend. I have been hitting my abs pretty regularly for the last few weeks and it is helping my lifts so i'm not planning on leaving them out of my workouts for a long time to come. Without a doubt your accomplishments are huge and you have my utmost respect for that. I haven't been doing bench knee ups or leg raises so I will have to add them into my ab work, and since they dont bother your back I am hopeful that they will help or at least not hurt mine.

I will work on the sleep issue, as that is my main issue. Thank you for stopping by and helping me out. I appreciate it.

mcbeast
03-09-09, 10:34 pm
Hero.
Period.
SUbbed.

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:35 pm
Already addressed that. No wouldn't be happy. Why I told him to eat CLEANER!!!! Not that I am one to talk, but I like my belly. One reason I squat big, and my gut is hard as a rock.

He used to go to the pizzeria next door to the gym and eat a bunch of zeppoles. I love them but I don't even eat them!!

Im a huge advocate of eating loads but what your eating is of great importance and works in conjunction with your training goals. Now some people can eat shit and train and get massive and strong...good for them. Im not one of those people and I learned this over the years and how my body responds to certain foods/dieting regimens. Besides, I have dieted so long that I lost the taste for much crap food anyway. Mind you, I like a slice of pizza minus the cheese now and then..but you will never see me stuff a zeppole in my oathole cause I just know I wont enjoy it anymore. I much rather load up on oats and peanut butter or yams, rice...something I know that will give me what I need, satisfy my carb necessities/cravings and also taste good cause I love that shit and I feel great after eating it. I dont feel great after eating fried food or crap food like fast food...just cant go there.

The one main thing I hate about some poser lifters is that they use eating as an excuse to get fat and then they call themselves bb'rs and pl'rs in their "offseason". Ok...well show me the money then. Show me how your eating friggin shitty makes you big and strong...I have seen these types in my gym and maybe one out of 15 can pull it off legitimately (drug free too). Most of the time, these types lift ok weight, make a ton of noise while lifting this weight...then huff and puff and blow their lats out...well, their arms to make it look as if they have huge lats, and they call themselves offseason bb'rs? This offends me to the core, LOL.

Zander baby..im not gonna design a diet for you without Mike approving it first.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:39 pm
Zander baby..im not gonna design a diet for you without Mike approving it first.

LOL.....thats lethal.....he's gonna love that.....

As long as there is plenty of carbs in there I'm cool....:)

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:41 pm
Thank you. Saved me alot of writing. Anyone who remotely knows me, knows that I just tell it as it is and how I see it. Don't care who I say it to. If someone disagrees so be it, I don't care. I've been around a long time, and though I don't claim to know it all (noone does), I have trained, talked, listened and are friends with some of the best.

I just don't like when he writes stuff like he's out of shape or fat and crap like that. Not just cause he trains with me and the team, but he trains freakn hard. I know, I train with him and I see it. He probably trains harder than most on this board. He pushes himself beyond what I ask for, and like I mentioned in a previous post, he does this with zero sleep. So I don't like to see him put himself down and I get pissed off. So maybe I may appear to be mean. Perhaps sometimes I am. But I do only want the best for him and very proud of how far he has come, very proud to train with him and proud to have him as a training partner, teammate and more importantly a friend. So I got mad and mean cause I care. I hope he realizes this, I have told him on multiple occasions, and although I do bust his balls alot in the gym, its all in fun and cause I care about him. I told him before if anything ever bothers him to come talk to me. No matter what its about. I will do whatever I can to help him. And I don't do that for everyone.

But yes, I am hardcore and don't believe in sucking up or buttering someone up. When they perform well I praise it. When I think it could be better or they are slacking or do something I disagree with or something stupid, I am NOT afraid to tell them. I know people always try to be encouraging and all that, but sometimes that can be a bad thing. Especially if someone is doing something wrong or could be better. I am a BIG believer in constructive criticism. Troy tells me when I suck or being a pussy or when I can do better. I rarely get a big praise from him, and thats how I like it and should be.

I can honestly say that one of the best things i've learned from you is to not butter somebody up for what they do in the gym. I've even been able to take some of the lessons from you (especially wraps) and i've been able to pass them on to others for their benefit.

I've come to rely on you in a lot, Mike. I really enjoy seeing bits of myself in some of the things you do and taking a few of the things you've taught me and putting them into myself (Though sometimes it may take a little more pushing than others) and for that you'll always have my thanks.

As for me putting myself down, I do that probably more than is healthy. Over thinking, focusing on faults, and trying to destroy weakness is something I do way to much. Its one of the reasons why I have trouble sleeping is because i'm obsessing over things and it stresses me out. Lately its been even worse since i'm wondering a ton about my future (a post that would be very depressing and unsure) since I honestly have no idea where I am going right now in everything but lifting.

You're not fat. You got a bit of a gut. Big deal. You have gotten much thicker since being with the team. How many people have told you that? Didn't Kara tell you that when you met her?? Think she knows, don't you?? Though then again, she says I'm huge.....

It may be a bit of a gut to me, but i've been having trouble with that little gut ever since I realized how fast I was growing sideways after the october meet. I feel like I rushed into this newfound size before I was ready and now i'm incredibly self conscious about it. I need to lose at least some of it. Just so I dont have to worry about something quite as much.

I seek that hard as a rock gut status...

In my defense, I had zeppoles twice, maybe three times before you saw that and told me to stop. :D

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:42 pm

LOl....Ok Alex..tell me when you wanna start. I will come up with phase 1 which isnt too bad to start and let Mike here look at it for approval..which phase 1 he wont have a prob with...its how you do on this first part that will determine how I cut later on.

We also know diets dont really show themselves without cardio once you drop the water from carbs...so Im not sure how you can fit that into your training agenda. Maybe sneak it in when Mike isnt looking? LOL

and..Im gonna yell now too...ALONG WITH MIKE, I TOLD YOU YOU NEED TO TRAIN ABS WITH OTHER MOVEMENTS OTHER THAN FRIGGIN LANDMINES.

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:49 pm
Hero.
Period.
SUbbed.

Haha, welcome to the strange world that is my journey... Good time to join in to.

Im a huge advocate of eating loads but what your eating is of great importance and works in conjunction with your training goals. Now some people can eat shit and train and get massive and strong...good for them. Im not one of those people and I learned this over the years and how my body responds to certain foods/dieting regimens. Besides, I have dieted so long that I lost the taste for much crap food anyway. Mind you, I like a slice of pizza minus the cheese now and then..but you will never see me stuff a zeppole in my oathole cause I just know I wont enjoy it anymore. I much rather load up on oats and peanut butter or yams, rice...something I know that will give me what I need, satisfy my carb necessities/cravings and also taste good cause I love that shit and I feel great after eating it. I dont feel great after eating fried food or crap food like fast food...just cant go there.

The one main thing I hate about some poser lifters is that they use eating as an excuse to get fat and then they call themselves bb'rs and pl'rs in their "offseason". Ok...well show me the money then. Show me how your eating friggin shitty makes you big and strong...I have seen these types in my gym and maybe one out of 15 can pull it off legitimately (drug free too). Most of the time, these types lift ok weight, make a ton of noise while lifting this weight...then huff and puff and blow their lats out...well, their arms to make it look as if they have huge lats, and they call themselves offseason bb'rs? This offends me to the core, LOL.

Hopefully, the combination of very good nutrition, ab work, and better technique could get me close to a 500 Squat while still in the 198s this year. I really hope that can happen. Agreed on the "offseason" people. I was actually laughing about that same thing with an Animal before the ABC on saturday.

Hell yeah I love it! Haha, i am sitting here laughing and smiling. This is awesome.

Diet with carbs it is! w00t!

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:51 pm
I can honestly say that one of the best things i've learned from you is to not butter somebody up for what they do in the gym. I've even been able to take some of the lessons from you (especially wraps) and i've been able to pass them on to others for their benefit.

I've come to rely on you in a lot, Mike. I really enjoy seeing bits of myself in some of the things you do and taking a few of the things you've taught me and putting them into myself (Though sometimes it may take a little more pushing than others) and for that you'll always have my thanks.

As for me putting myself down, I do that probably more than is healthy. Over thinking, focusing on faults, and trying to destroy weakness is something I do way to much. Its one of the reasons why I have trouble sleeping is because i'm obsessing over things and it stresses me out. Lately its been even worse since i'm wondering a ton about my future (a post that would be very depressing and unsure) since I honestly have no idea where I am going right now in everything but lifting.

It may be a bit of a gut to me, but i've been having trouble with that little gut ever since I realized how fast I was growing sideways after the october meet. I feel like I rushed into this newfound size before I was ready and now i'm incredibly self conscious about it. I need to lose at least some of it. Just so I dont have to worry about something quite as much.

I seek that hard as a rock gut status...

In my defense, I had zeppoles twice, maybe three times before you saw that and told me to stop. :D

I've seen how you passed on the wraps knowledge. I saw someone on here post about that earlier. Funny since I am a raw lifter now. But I did used to use wraps. I always thought I wrapped well and tight, until Kara wrapped my legs. So I learned wraps from one of the best. I remember Kara telling me she wrapped Goggins legs for his WR squat.

The putting yourself down has to stop. Especially posting it on here. Everytime I see it I am gonna call you on it and give you shit. I think we need to have a sitdown. Trust me I have been through very similar things. I am not really all there in the head. Least that what shrinks have told me....hehe. But I have learned to deal and cope with certain things, and thats something you need to learn to do. You are too young to have these thoughts and obsessing about shit.

You're growing sideways was your doing. I never told you to gain that much weight. In FACT I was telling you since at least December to start cutting it slowly. But I think you have been looking better as of late and as I mentioned pretty thick.

I will help you achieve rock hard ab status. I do zero abs. I get my status from just squatting heavy and making it look easy. :)

I did tell you to stop, see how I look out for you?

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:52 pm
LOl....Ok Alex..tell me when you wanna start. I will come up with phase 1 which isnt too bad to start and let Mike here look at it for approval..which phase 1 he wont have a prob with...its how you do on this first part that will determine how I cut later on.

We also know diets dont really show themselves without cardio once you drop the water from carbs...so Im not sure how you can fit that into your training agenda. Maybe sneak it in when Mike isnt looking? LOL

and..Im gonna yell now too...ALONG WITH MIKE, I TOLD YOU YOU NEED TO TRAIN ABS WITH OTHER MOVEMENTS OTHER THAN FRIGGIN LANDMINES.

I'll start as soon as possible. Just let me know what your thinking and we can make it happen. As for the cardio, I can do some biking, DDR, burpees, and abs or soemthing in the morning.

You were right about the landmines... I've been doing some ab machines and oblique stuff so I did end up listening to both you guys. I really wish I had worked my abs well before a few weeks ago...

Toni69
03-09-09, 10:52 pm
well your carbs are gonna be very limited. I have seen you, trained with you and watched you change since knowing you..I got an idea of how your body responds to foods already.

We will cycle n a way that your higher days work with your squat days at least...you will have one cheat meal a week to start but not for the first 2 weeks into the diet..the first two weeks are to be super clean carbs and fats.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:54 pm
Hopefully, the combination of very good nutrition, ab work, and better technique could get me close to a 500 Squat while still in the 198s this year. I really hope that can happen. Agreed on the "offseason" people. I was actually laughing about that same thing with an Animal before the ABC on saturday.

I WILL get you a 500 pound squat. But first you have to work on those abs first and foremost. I told you that you will not squat more right now till that core gets stronger. Once that happens, and you listen to me, you will squat 500 and at 198. I have zero plans for you to go to the 220's yet.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:55 pm
well your carbs are gonna be very limited. I have seen you, trained with you and watched you change since knowing you..I got an idea of how your body responds to foods already.

We will cycle n a way that your higher days work with your squat days at least...you will have one cheat meal a week to start but not for the first 2 weeks into the diet..the first two weeks are to be super clean carbs and fats.

If his strength goes down, I am shoving a slice of pizza down his throat. :)

zanderfever
03-09-09, 10:56 pm
I've seen how you passed on the wraps knowledge. I saw someone on here post about that earlier. Funny since I am a raw lifter now. But I did used to use wraps. I always thought I wrapped well and tight, until Kara wrapped my legs. So I learned wraps from one of the best. I remember Kara telling me she wrapped Goggins legs for his WR squat.

The putting yourself down has to stop. Especially posting it on here. Everytime I see it I am gonna call you on it and give you shit. I think we need to have a sitdown. Trust me I have been through very similar things. I am not really all there in the head. Least that what shrinks have told me....hehe. But I have learned to deal and cope with certain things, and thats something you need to learn to do. You are too young to have these thoughts and obsessing about shit.

You're growing sideways was your doing. I never told you to gain that much weight. In FACT I was telling you since at least December to start cutting it slowly. But I think you have been looking better as of late and as I mentioned pretty thick.

I will help you achieve rock hard ab status. I do zero abs. I get my status from just squatting heavy and making it look easy. :)

I did tell you to stop, see how I look out for you?

Yet again, your right. And how do you get eyes everywhere! Everytime I do something Animal related somehow you know... Damn...

I do take the blame for the sideways growth. I've been cutting down on what i've been eating lately but I have no idea how fine a line i'm walking between to much cutting out and just enough.

Sometimes, I really don't feel young. There are to many times where I worry like a more seasoned person...

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 10:59 pm
Yet again, your right. And how do you get eyes everywhere! Everytime I do something Animal related somehow you know... Damn...

I do take the blame for the sideways growth. I've been cutting down on what i've been eating lately but I have no idea how fine a line i'm walking between to much cutting out and just enough.

Sometimes, I really don't feel young. There are to many times where I worry like a more seasoned person...

I told you I know ALOT of people and I have my ways. And when am I ever wrong?? Really now....

Stop worrying. Too young dude. Chill out and relax. These are the years you should be having fun, not overthinking and obessing. That doesn't lead to good things, trust me. Been there.

Toni69
03-09-09, 11:01 pm

haha, cool.

zanderfever
03-09-09, 11:02 pm

Wow, I am very impressed. I will listen and diet with your plan.

I WILL get you a 500 pound squat. But first you have to work on those abs first and foremost. I told you that you will not squat more right now till that core gets stronger. Once that happens, and you listen to me, you will squat 500 and at 198. I have zero plans for you to go to the 220's yet.

I have no doubt in my mind. Besides, I have faith in your ability to Squat. It is something that you know quite well.

AHAHAAH!!! I just cracked up...

I told you I know ALOT of people and I have my ways.

Stop worrying. Too young dude. Chill out and relax. These are the years you should be having fun, not overthinking and obessing. That doesn't lead to good things, trust me. Been there.

You must have a bunch of pumas at your beck and call that sneak around watching people...

I will try, though I honestly don't really know how to not worry. I try to find ways to escape, but I don't know if it really does anything to genuinely help or not.

MikeMoore
03-09-09, 11:15 pm
Wow, I am very impressed. I will listen and diet with your plan.

I have no doubt in my mind. Besides, I have faith in your ability to Squat. It is something that you know quite well.

AHAHAAH!!! I just cracked up...

You must have a bunch of pumas at your beck and call that sneak around watching people...

I will try, though I honestly don't really know how to not worry. I try to find ways to escape, but I don't know if it really does anything to genuinely help or not.

Yes I do.

We will sit down and talk. I'm out for the night, been stuck here at work. Time to get ready and go home.

zanderfever
03-09-09, 11:26 pm
Yes I do.

We will sit down and talk. I'm out for the night, been stuck here at work. Time to get ready and go home.

Holy shit. Late night for you. I'm off to bed momentarily

zanderfever
03-12-09, 12:32 am
Overhead Presses
45 x 10
95 x 6 - jumped to high to fast, cut down next set
65 x 10
75 x 10
85 x 10
95 x 10
110 x 8 - Swiss bar

Seated DB Presses
30's x 15
40's x 15
45's x 15

Side Laterals
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 8

CGBP
95 x 10

3 Board
135 x 10
185 x 10
205 x 8

135 x 20 - no board

Face Pulls
70 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10

Triceps Dip Machine
180 x 6
140 x 15
140 x 15
140 x 12

Done. Shoulder is doing better so thats good. I'll be watching it since i have plans that will require a healthy shoulder a few months from now...

mcbeast
03-12-09, 5:24 pm
Good work there pal.Lots of reps,im at a loss for words.Good to know your shoulder is doing better.Mine will hang in there,i want to give it 4 weeks before i start overhead presses.Check my log for details.Oh,and if im not texting you its cause my phone is a piece of crap.Ha,later.

zanderfever
03-12-09, 10:33 pm
Good work there pal.Lots of reps,im at a loss for words.Good to know your shoulder is doing better.Mine will hang in there,i want to give it 4 weeks before i start overhead presses.Check my log for details.Oh,and if im not texting you its cause my phone is a piece of crap.Ha,later.

Thanks, EJ. You shouldn't be at a loss for words from that workout... Once I have healed shoulders, then i'll give you a workout to be at a loss for words for :D Haha, once you heal your gonna have stronger shoulders than me again. Your a stronger pusher than me.

zanderfever
03-12-09, 11:01 pm
Fast paced workout

Lat Pulldowns
100 x 10
150 x 10
180 x 8
200 x 8

Padded T-Bars
2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
3 plates+25 x 10
4 plates x 6

BB Rows
135 x 10 - overhand
185 x 10 - underhand
185 x 10 - underhand
185 x 8 - underhand

HS Lat Pulldowns
2 pps x 10
2 pps+25 x 8
2 pps+25 x 8

BB Shrugs
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10

HS Shrugs
2 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
4 pps x 10

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
30 x 10
50 x 10
70 x 7
70 x 7

ABS

Done. Good day today, though I did work out alone since I had to come to the gym late. Ahhh well. I'm curious to see what will happen Saturday.

Firedrake
03-13-09, 12:31 am
Great looking work, Zan -- you really do push yourself! I'm not gonna recognize you by next year!

MikeMoore
03-13-09, 10:42 am
Done. Good day today, though I did work out alone since I had to come to the gym late. Ahhh well. I'm curious to see what will happen Saturday.

What will happen Saturday??

Toni69
03-13-09, 11:18 am

hmmm, maybe he starts his diet saturday? just kidding I dont friggin know. When do you wanna start? I need to finish this god forsaken paper for school...which I havent really started just stared at at the moment cause its mind boggling to me that I gotta do this shit and have it in in a couple weeks time, LOL

let me know and approx start date and I will work on your plan for pahse 1 this wkd so you and Mike can see if its good.

Hoomgar
03-13-09, 2:17 pm
Done. Shoulder is doing better so thats good. I'll be watching it since i have plans that will require a healthy shoulder a few months from now...

Good to hear bro. Session looked great man.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 2:58 pm
Great looking work, Zan -- you really do push yourself! I'm not gonna recognize you by next year!

Haha, thanks Drake. I'm going to be so much stronger by the time next year comes around.

Benching with a healthier shoulder.

hmmm, maybe he starts his diet saturday? just kidding I dont friggin know. When do you wanna start? I need to finish this god forsaken paper for school...which I havent really started just stared at at the moment cause its mind boggling to me that I gotta do this shit and have it in in a couple weeks time, LOL

let me know and approx start date and I will work on your plan for pahse 1 this wkd so you and Mike can see if its good.

I can start whenever, but sooner the better. Monday, maybe? Then I can have a little more time to eat some tasty food :D

Good to hear bro. Session looked great man.

Thanks, Hg. I think you'll get a kick out of what i'm planning

Hoomgar
03-13-09, 5:13 pm
Thanks, Hg. I think you'll get a kick out of what i'm planning

I look forward to it bro :)

Toni69
03-13-09, 5:17 pm
ok, I have some work to do online then I will send you a email (to your home) of the diet later tonight so you can take to Mike tomorrow. Im out all day sat and sun doin stuff so just text me if you want. J has a karate tournament for his green belt and then seeing my parents after then sunday we have the circus.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 5:46 pm
I look forward to it bro :)

I'm glad.

ok, I have some work to do online then I will send you a email (to your home) of the diet later tonight so you can take to Mike tomorrow. Im out all day sat and sun doin stuff so just text me if you want. J has a karate tournament for his green belt and then seeing my parents after then sunday we have the circus.

Ok, thanks Toni. Tell J good luck for me, alright?

Toni69
03-13-09, 5:47 pm
I'm glad.

Ok, thanks Toni. Tell J good luck for me, alright?

yepper...he is home resting..like a darn bb'r would before a show. he is carbing up! LOL..seriously..he is.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 5:50 pm
yepper...he is home resting..like a darn bb'r would before a show. he is carbing up! LOL..seriously..he is.

HAHA! Thats great. Let me know how he does.

mcbeast
03-13-09, 6:16 pm
Thanks, EJ. You shouldn't be at a loss for words from that workout... Once I have healed shoulders, then i'll give you a workout to be at a loss for words for :D Haha, once you heal your gonna have stronger shoulders than me again. Your a stronger pusher than me.
I still do have stronger ones =]

Toni69
03-13-09, 6:18 pm

I think the three of us need to hit shoulders sometime, eh? LOL

Toni69
03-13-09, 6:32 pm
forgot..I need your current weight and diet/supplementation to date.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 6:49 pm

Haha, these are fighting words!

I think the three of us need to hit shoulders sometime, eh? LOL

HAHA! Most definitely.

SQUAT or DIE!
03-13-09, 9:21 pm
Fast paced workout

Lat Pulldowns
100 x 10
150 x 10
180 x 8
200 x 8

Padded T-Bars
2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
3 plates+25 x 10
4 plates x 6

BB Rows
135 x 10 - overhand
185 x 10 - underhand
185 x 10 - underhand
185 x 8 - underhand

HS Lat Pulldowns
2 pps x 10
2 pps+25 x 8
2 pps+25 x 8

BB Shrugs
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 10

HS Shrugs
2 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
3 pps x 10
4 pps x 10

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
30 x 10
50 x 10
70 x 7
70 x 7

ABS

looking strong bud.. keep it up..

scals
03-13-09, 10:11 pm
Solid workout as usual Z.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 10:33 pm
forgot..I need your current weight and diet/supplementation to date.

Sorry, completely missed that.

looking strong bud.. keep it up..

Thanks, Squatty. I will

Solid workout as usual Z.

Thanks, scals. I'm sore today...

MikeMoore
03-13-09, 11:00 pm

Hope there's carbs in there. Tomorrow will be fun day. I've had VERY little sleep this week and pretty much not getting much tonight either. I'll be in rare form for Alex. Can't wait!! :)

MikeMoore
03-13-09, 11:01 pm
Haha, these are fighting words!

Don't worry, you will have VERY strong ones before I am through with you.

zanderfever
03-13-09, 11:06 pm
Hope there's carbs in there. Tomorrow will be fun day. I've had VERY little sleep this week and pretty much not getting much tonight either. I'll be in rare form for Alex. Can't wait!! :)

Oh no... Your not going to be in just "one of those moods" your going to be out of your mind... I'm actually kind of curious to see what you'll come up with.

Don't worry, you will have VERY strong ones before I am through with you.

Woohoo! I can be strong :D

MikeMoore
03-13-09, 11:16 pm
Oh no... Your not going to be in just "one of those moods" your going to be out of your mind... I'm actually kind of curious to see what you'll come up with.

Woohoo! I can be strong :D

We'll see. I didn't have time to have your picture blown up to poster size to hang in the gym tomorrow. But just showing Joe might be enough.

You are strong. Just make you strong(er).

zanderfever
03-13-09, 11:30 pm
We'll see. I didn't have time to have your picture blown up to poster size to hang in the gym tomorrow. But just showing Joe might be enough.

You are strong. Just make you strong(er).

I really hope you dont blow up the picture...

Yay being strong, haha.

zanderfever
03-14-09, 3:43 pm
Bench
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 10
185 x 3
205 x 1
225 x 1 - slight pause, easy
195 x 6 - paused
195 x 6 - paused
195 x 5 - paused - my lower left spinal erector area seized up like no other and I couldn't stretch it out, so no more arch the rest of the workout
195 x 5 - paused, no arch
135+80 in chains x 7
135+80 in chains x 8
135+80 in chains x 8

Incline DB Bench - nothing major, just to do the motion
40's x 10
50's x 10
55's x 10

Incline BB Bench
135 x 1 - felt shoulder, stopped

Machine CGBP
120 x 10
150 x 7
160 x 6 - stopped, felt my shoulder towards the end

Paused Rolling DB Extensions
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10

EZ Bar Pressdowns
60 x 10
80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 10
80 x 20

ABS

Done. Good day today. My shoulder never really bothered me a ton, just gave me a little discomfort at times. Its getting better, this is good.

Hoomgar
03-14-09, 3:49 pm
Good workin on the chest bro. Keep training smart my man.

maniack
03-14-09, 4:35 pm
solid chest workout bro!

zanderfever
03-15-09, 2:22 pm
Good workin on the chest bro. Keep training smart my man.

Thanks, Hg. I try to do alright with this stuff.

solid chest workout bro!

Thanks, maniack. Its good to see you here.

zanderfever
03-15-09, 2:36 pm
Front Squats
55 x 10
105 x 8
145 x 6
195 x 4 - wanted at least 8, but messed up my hands
195 x 2 - fixed my hands and the weight moved well, but my quads weren't feeling to good
165 x 2 - thought maybe lightening up would help, it didnt

Power Squats
1 pps x 8 - quads still fucked
1 pps x 6 - quads still fucked
1 pps x 5 - quads still fucked, called it off here

Rack Deads - bar at middle/top of knee
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5 - PR (technically, but its also been months since i've done these)
455 x 4

GHR
BW x 4
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW+10 x 6
BW+10 x 8

Lying Hamstring Curls
80 x 10
100 x 10

Seated Calf Raises
135 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 15
135 x 12

Leg Press Calf Raises
4 pps x 15 5 - sec rest - 4 pps x 15
4 pps x 15

Done. I'm really disappointed with my squatting today. My quads felt like they would roll up into the middle of my legs if I did a single heavy rep. I tried to massage them, roll them out with the stick, stretch them, but it didn't work out. Stupid vastus medialis...

The Deads went alright though. I was pretty pleased with them. Though on the last rep the bar got wedged under my oh so troublesome vastus medialis and i couldnt bring it over that hump and so i failed on rep 5... Grrr... Ahhh well.

zanderfever
03-17-09, 10:15 pm
Overhead Presses
45 x 10
65 x 10
85 x 8
95 x 8
105 x 8
115 x 8
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Dips
BW x 3 - nope, shoulder kicked in

HS Triceps Dip Machine
1 pps x 3 - did this 3 or 4 times with a different grip each time, but this time my right shoulder was saying no.

Bench Dips
BW x 4 - right shoulder was really pissing me off now...

CGBP
135 x 5 - my left hand was fucking up
135 x 10 - more left hand shit...
135 x 15 - i got pissed off EVEN more...

Face Pulls
70 x 15
90 x 15
100 x 12
110 x 12

EZ Bar Pushdowns
50 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10
80 x 10
50 x 15

Some pushing machine for triceps - not sure what I did, but this is about right
65 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 12

Today was pretty worthless. Essentially overheads were the only exercise that I was really able to end up doing some solid work on. I was pissed going into the gym today and I by no means worked it off. I'm fucking angry... I need to figure out so much workout shit let alone everything else...

On a bright note. I've stareted dieting. Toni gave me the parameters and I made up the meal plan. So far so good...

zanderfever
03-19-09, 10:14 pm
Pull Ups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8

grand total - 54

Lat Pulldowns - underhand
150 x 10
180 x 8

Jailhouse T-Bars
2 plates x 10
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 8
4 plates+25 x 7 PR
4 plates+25 x 8 PR

BB Rows
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 10

BB Shrugs
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 25 PR

Standing EZ Bar Curls
55 x 10
75 x 10
85 x 8
85 x 8

ABS

Done. Today was a good day. I havent done pull ups in a while and today they felt pretty good. My back is going to be sore. We changed pretty much everything and I have to say I like the new stuff we did.

mcbeast
03-19-09, 10:17 pm
Fun Pullups! Did you use the weight assistance thingy? :) How wide is your grip? Cause your pullups are almost as good as mine.Same thing for BB rows,good work!

Hoomgar
03-20-09, 12:18 pm
I see you've been busy as always homie. Pullups for buildin the big back!

So how many of the 10,000 hours do you have left man? :D

Hg

zanderfever
03-21-09, 12:02 pm
Fun Pullups! Did you use the weight assistance thingy? :) How wide is your grip? Cause your pullups are almost as good as mine.Same thing for BB rows,good work!

No, no assistance. Just bodyweight pull ups. How many pull ups do you crank out?

I see you've been busy as always homie. Pullups for buildin the big back!

So how many of the 10,000 hours do you have left man? :D

Hg

Haha, busy busy. Pull Ups are great.

Scary thought... I'm probably not even 1/3 of the way in. How many hours do you think you have put into this? Could be fun to see. Maybe i'll start a thread and see what others have put in.

zanderfever
03-21-09, 12:08 pm
Bench
45 x 12
95 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 5
180 x 5
195 x 5
205 x 5 - fairly easy
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10
155 x 10
155 x 10

Rolling DB Extensions
15's x 10
20's x 10
25's x 10
30's x 10

Swiss Bar Bench
150 x 8
170 x 7
175 x 7
150 x 10

Incline DB Bench
50's x 10 - hammer grip
60's x 8 - grip in between hammer and normal
55's x 8 - normal grip

Done. Good day today. Started a new bench program that begins using lighter weight so thats why the benching was lighter than I would like it to be. Shoulder felt good today. Can't make squats tomorrow so i'll have to squat Monday. We'll see how that goes. Been getting some weird pains so I hop it'll be alright by then.

maniack
03-21-09, 4:10 pm
looking good bro, how has every thing been?

mcbeast
03-21-09, 6:45 pm
Solid..too many reps tho :)

Toni69
03-21-09, 7:02 pm
Alex, how we doin on the diet..text or email me updates when you can

Psycho77
03-21-09, 9:45 pm
Bench
45 x 12
95 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 5
180 x 5
195 x 5
205 x 5 - fairly easy
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10
155 x 10
155 x 10

Rolling DB Extensions
15's x 10
20's x 10
25's x 10
30's x 10

Swiss Bar Bench
150 x 8
170 x 7
175 x 7
150 x 10

Incline DB Bench
50's x 10 - hammer grip
60's x 8 - grip in between hammer and normal
55's x 8 - normal grip

Done. Good day today. Started a new bench program that begins using lighter weight so thats why the benching was lighter than I would like it to be. Shoulder felt good today. Can't make squats tomorrow so i'll have to squat Monday. We'll see how that goes. Been getting some weird pains so I hop it'll be alright by then.

thats a lot of benching.......but good work tho. bet the pump was solid.

scals
03-21-09, 10:22 pm
That's some solid volume on the bench Z. Nice job.

zanderfever
03-22-09, 11:25 pm
looking good bro, how has every thing been?

Thanks, maniack. Lifes been annoying but the gym has been good. Still going, haha. Hows everything on your end?

Solid..too many reps tho :)

Haha, so says the man doing doubles.

Alex, how we doin on the diet..text or email me updates when you can

I will send you an email now.

thats a lot of benching.......but good work tho. bet the pump was solid.

Thanks, psycho. There wasn't much of a pump since there was a lot of rest. The amount of benching is deceptive since yesterday wasn't really a very heavy day of benching. The 205 x 5 wasn't hard but it was what the benching program that i started required. I may actually go off this program for the meet prep that I will most likely have to start soon. The 165 x 10 sets were actually meant for accessory work more than anything. What better way to help your bench than to bench, right?

That's some solid volume on the bench Z. Nice job.

Thanks, scals. Gotta hit my weak points.

Pizzalamp
03-22-09, 11:35 pm
u were looking thick in the arnold pix alex

maniack
03-23-09, 1:43 pm
basically the same, life brings every day struggles...just keep puttin one foot forward you know, other than that the gym has been solid. i am really enjoying this 5x5 routine.

zanderfever
03-24-09, 12:47 am
u were looking thick in the arnold pix alex

Thanks, Pizza. Hopefully next year i'll be thicker, haha.

basically the same, life brings every day struggles...just keep puttin one foot forward you know, other than that the gym has been solid. i am really enjoying this 5x5 routine.

Thats sometimes all you can do, maniack. 5x5 is good shit. It'll work well for you.

zanderfever
03-24-09, 1:11 am
A lot has been on my mind lately. Stress through the roof during what is supposed to be a vacation. Spring Break is almost up and it sucks. Questions, questions, lots of questions. I need to think. Main questions been about my future and whether its there or not, whether i'll choose this or that, and what if I don't choose and let whatever is coming just take me out? Thoughts like this are screwing me up in every which way.

I wasn't able to workout with the YPC on Sunday so I had to Squat and Dead by myself. Didn't go as planned

Squats
55 x 10
105 x 8
145 x 8
195 x 5
235 x 8
265 x 8
275 x 7 - didn't go for number 8, to many things that werent supposed to happen were happening

Rack Deads
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3 - 5 wasn't happening
455 x 0 - I was disgusted with myself and tried this anyway, yet it still didnt budge

GHR
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 8

Lying Leg Curls
70 x 8
90 x 8
100 x 8

Leg Press Calf Raises
3 pps x 15
3 pps x 15
3 pps x 15
3 pps x 15

Seated Calf Raises
2 plates x 10
2 plates x 10
2 plates x 10
2 plates x 10

Today was bad. Pains all over. My back was getting roughed up pretty badly. I was stuck in 10 hours of car, if not more this weekend and I havent had a good back rest, though i've been trying to get a make shift one up it just hasn't worked. I'm stressed. Hopefully i'll be fixing this tomorrow.

Firedrake
03-24-09, 1:23 am
That's some pretty solid work, Alex -- nothin' to be ashamed of.

Take care of that back - you don't wanna hear my horror stories.

As for the thoughts troubling you: while this is normal for one of your years, may I gently suggest using your time in the gym to get away from them and gain a new perspective on them? I don't know where you are in school, but this is a time of choices for your future. As one who had his own future abruptly change on his about this same age due to reasons out of my control, I would ask you to try not to let it stress you (yeah -- I know -- it's hard not to), but to refine your thoughts.

Focus on the important things -- but remember, outside of school requirements, YOU get to decide what's important. Right now, you have to do certain other things expected of you, but your time in the gym is your own. Use it.

Now: here's a bit of perspective for you. Remember what you said about coming back thicker next Cage? I hope you realize that -you- are an inspiration for -me-. It was -your- "Bench Your Weight" performance that made me decide it's something I want to do next year, and right now, it's something I cannot do.

Now, my friend, if you can inspire someone three times your age, what else do you think you can accomplish? Just focus your priorities.

What's important to you? REALLY important?

Toni69
03-24-09, 8:04 am
thats a big wo, rack deads and legs..does Mike train you like that? keep in mind, even though that diet is leniently tailored for you, its still a diet and it takes it toll on you as well since we cut out a lot of what your body is used to getting. So now your feeling the effects whether you think so or not..your body is telling you so in its own way but you will soon adjust..you just have to be consistent with it so your metabolism gets on a routine with it.

I have hit or miss days with my back and sitting in a car for 10 hrs def wouldnt help..be sure to take some joint formula, maybe warm compresses or those stick on heating pads for travels. And please do not miss meals!

As for the future and your questions..guarantee, your mind will change numerous times till your about 22..LOL its an unstable world, unpredicatable in its course of action and that leaves many of us unsure on what our own nextsteps to a brighter and happoer future will be. Just continue with education and your athletic goals..set goals for youself and focus on meeting them..doesnt matter if they change over the course of time. As long as you stay motivated and inspired, you will always succeed at whatever comes your way.

MikeMoore
03-24-09, 8:27 am
A lot has been on my mind lately. Stress through the roof during what is supposed to be a vacation. Spring Break is almost up and it sucks. Questions, questions, lots of questions. I need to think. Main questions been about my future and whether its there or not, whether i'll choose this or that, and what if I don't choose and let whatever is coming just take me out? Thoughts like this are screwing me up in every which way.

We will talk today

zanderfever
03-24-09, 9:49 pm
That's some pretty solid work, Alex -- nothin' to be ashamed of.

Take care of that back - you don't wanna hear my horror stories.

As for the thoughts troubling you: while this is normal for one of your years, may I gently suggest using your time in the gym to get away from them and gain a new perspective on them? I don't know where you are in school, but this is a time of choices for your future. As one who had his own future abruptly change on his about this same age due to reasons out of my control, I would ask you to try not to let it stress you (yeah -- I know -- it's hard not to), but to refine your thoughts.

Focus on the important things -- but remember, outside of school requirements, YOU get to decide what's important. Right now, you have to do certain other things expected of you, but your time in the gym is your own. Use it.

Now: here's a bit of perspective for you. Remember what you said about coming back thicker next Cage? I hope you realize that -you- are an inspiration for -me-. It was -your- "Bench Your Weight" performance that made me decide it's something I want to do next year, and right now, it's something I cannot do.

Now, my friend, if you can inspire someone three times your age, what else do you think you can accomplish? Just focus your priorities.

What's important to you? REALLY important?

Thank you, Jim. What you say about using the gym to get away is what I do. Its what i've been doing for nearly 5 years of being in the gym. I've always had something happening to me and the only reason i have some semblance of sanity is the fact that the gym has always been there. Like the famous Henry Rollins quote "200 pounds is always 200 pounds" the gym has always stayed "the gym." A huge gauge for how much I am being affected at one time is whether or not it effects me in the gym. At the moment it really has been messing with my head to the extent that my workouts have been compromised. Some days I don't even want to go in the gym. My sister who heard me say that one day told me specifically that it really freaked her out because i've never said that. I've always been the first to want to get into the gym. I've been having a rough time lately in the gym as well with a bunch of nagging injuries deciding to jump in and interfere with what i'm doing. My shoulder is on the mend, my back is stable, but now my wrists, hips, quads, hams, and my adductors especially are going haywire. Its becoming hard to concentrate on anything.

I'm truly honored that i've inspired you. Its very humbling to hear something like that. Perhaps we will both enter that benching competition next year and go at it side by side? Old and young working out together.

As for the question "whats important to you?" THAT has been weighing down on me for a very long time now. I honestly don't know. My thoughts can differ from my actions, my motivations change, and everything can become different all to fast. The only trouble is, I need to think about this more so I can come to a conclusion.

I appreciate your posts in here a lot and i've really come to value them. Thank you.

thats a big wo, rack deads and legs..does Mike train you like that? keep in mind, even though that diet is leniently tailored for you, its still a diet and it takes it toll on you as well since we cut out a lot of what your body is used to getting. So now your feeling the effects whether you think so or not..your body is telling you so in its own way but you will soon adjust..you just have to be consistent with it so your metabolism gets on a routine with it.

I have hit or miss days with my back and sitting in a car for 10 hrs def wouldnt help..be sure to take some joint formula, maybe warm compresses or those stick on heating pads for travels. And please do not miss meals!

As for the future and your questions..guarantee, your mind will change numerous times till your about 22..LOL its an unstable world, unpredicatable in its course of action and that leaves many of us unsure on what our own nextsteps to a brighter and happoer future will be. Just continue with education and your athletic goals..set goals for youself and focus on meeting them..doesnt matter if they change over the course of time. As long as you stay motivated and inspired, you will always succeed at whatever comes your way.

Yesterday was an attempt at our normal sunday workout, though I accidentally cut out Power Squats from the workout. I wasn't happy with my squatting, let alone the rack deads. Last week I was able to do a 455x5 yet yesterday it didnt happen for 1. My squat form was terrible and my only conciliation for the workout was the fact that walking out with every weight was light and comfortable. Hopefully this Sunday will go better.

I agree with you on the back. I dont have a joint support supplement though. Meals will not be missed.

As for the future and getting inspired... That hasn't happened. I don't know whats in store for me or what I want to be in store for me. More thinking will need to be done...

We will talk today

Thanks, Mike. You helped me a lot today. Hopefully i'll be there thursday.

zanderfever
03-24-09, 9:55 pm
Overhead Presses
45 x 10
65 x 10
95 x 10
115 x 8
125 x 5
135 x 6
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 5 - more upright, hurt shoulder
BW x 10 - back to the way i did it first set
BW x 8 - moved grip in
BW x 6 - closer grip

Side Laterals
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10

Face Pulls
80 x 10
90 x 11
100 x 12

Straight Bar Pushdowns
50 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Done. Good day today, thank god. First Tuesday that i've been happy with in a very long time.

Psycho77
03-24-09, 9:59 pm
Overhead Presses
45 x 10
65 x 10
95 x 10
115 x 8
125 x 5
135 x 6
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 10

Dips
BW x 10
BW x 5 - more upright, hurt shoulder
BW x 10 - back to the way i did it first set
BW x 8 - moved grip in
BW x 6 - closer grip

Side Laterals
20's x 10
20's x 10
20's x 10

Face Pulls
80 x 10
90 x 11
100 x 12

Straight Bar Pushdowns
50 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Done. Good day today, thank god. First Tuesday that i've been happy with in a very long time.

good work Zander.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
03-24-09, 10:01 pm
Z, you have a great support cast around you man. I empathize with what you are goin through. I've hit that wall in my life before, having troubles figuring out what I want, where I want to be..my general priorities. One thing I've learned is to not lose control of myself by losing control of my own head. IF I were to let my mind ponder and focus itself on so many life decisions, I'd literally, mentally crumble.

Just remember bro, you have an amazing gift. A gift to be able to absorb what people teach you and put it in motion. I've spoken with you enough to know what kind of a man you are right now. Your heads on right man. Just don't lose YOURSELF.

.... nice workout by the way lol!

mcbeast
03-24-09, 10:08 pm
Lots o volume.Good stuff

MikeMoore
03-24-09, 10:12 pm
Thanks, Mike. You helped me a lot today. Hopefully i'll be there thursday.

Good, I'm glad. What I'm here for.

I hope you will be too.

zanderfever
03-24-09, 11:00 pm
good work Zander.

Thanks, Psycho. Its about time I was able to on a tuesday, haha.

Z, you have a great support cast around you man. I empathize with what you are goin through. I've hit that wall in my life before, having troubles figuring out what I want, where I want to be..my general priorities. One thing I've learned is to not lose control of myself by losing control of my own head. IF I were to let my mind ponder and focus itself on so many life decisions, I'd literally, mentally crumble.

Just remember bro, you have an amazing gift. A gift to be able to absorb what people teach you and put it in motion. I've spoken with you enough to know what kind of a man you are right now. Your heads on right man. Just don't lose YOURSELF.

.... nice workout by the way lol!

Thanks, King. Sometimes I think I don't deserve you guys. Everyone here is very close to me, you included. I hear you about the mental crumbling and priorities. I know what you mean and now I must act. It'll be unpleasant but I need to.

Thank you. I do try and learn. Now I really need to get myself in gear.

Lots o volume.Good stuff

Thank you, monsieur endorphins.

Good, I'm glad. What I'm here for.

I hope you will be too.

:D

Firedrake
03-24-09, 11:47 pm
Alex,

I -do- understand. You've told me a very little about some of the issues in your life, and I understand the issues are complex, confusing and confounding. All I can suggest is to tackle them one at a time, rather than trying to deal with them all at once.

As for deciding what is important. Examine the situations and issues surrounding you. See how they make you -feel- inside, to help you decide the problems and positions that are important, one at a time.

Ask for help. Talk to Mike, to Toni, to me, to people you trust, to help. That's part of what this Forvm is for -- to help each other.

Hoomgar
03-25-09, 11:16 am
Whats going on with my bro? You OK Alex? Maybe you just need to take a rest. When was the last time you took a week or 2 off? Our bodies have needs. Sometimes, they have to speak loud for us to hear them. I do know if you got too much stuff bouncing around inside your head that will throw you way off too.

Hope you get it all panned out my man. Take care of yourself, please!

Hg

zanderfever
03-26-09, 1:21 am
Alex,

I -do- understand. You've told me a very little about some of the issues in your life, and I understand the issues are complex, confusing and confounding. All I can suggest is to tackle them one at a time, rather than trying to deal with them all at once.

As for deciding what is important. Examine the situations and issues surrounding you. See how they make you -feel- inside, to help you decide the problems and positions that are important, one at a time.

Ask for help. Talk to Mike, to Toni, to me, to people you trust, to help. That's part of what this Forvm is for -- to help each other.

One at a time... A statement so simple yet it really hits me. I always try to do everything at once and I guess in order to speed up, I need to slow down. I've talked a little to some, though not fully to anybody. I suppose thats a weakness. I don't know... I guess I have more to think about.

Whats going on with my bro? You OK Alex? Maybe you just need to take a rest. When was the last time you took a week or 2 off? Our bodies have needs. Sometimes, they have to speak loud for us to hear them. I do know if you got too much stuff bouncing around inside your head that will throw you way off too.

Hope you get it all panned out my man. Take care of yourself, please!

Hg

Hoomgar, with everything that is going on with there is one thing that I know. Now is NOT the time to take any time off of lifting. This is the only thing that is keeping me grounded here. My one stable place in life - the gym. I know one of the things weighing on me has been my inability to Squat right these last few weeks. Ever since the Arnold I haven't been able to Squat right. My quads and hams are acting up, though I don't really know what the specific reason is. Its getting better, though and for that I am very thankful. Hopefully i'll be able to Squat again this week. I know that in itself will take something off of my mind.

As for the question "Whats going on?" and "You ok?" The answer is the same. I won't say yes or no, but the nerd in me wants to say "results pending" simply because its a continuous question and the answer changes. The problem changes, opinions change, and it can happy very soon. If this doesn't make sense, then that in itself is something where the results are pending. Just a work in progress...

ultimatum
03-26-09, 4:07 am
Hey, I checked out your thread like you asked - you have some insane stuff going on. I hope our talk helped. Good job with those overheads, nice volume.

By the way, you should go get those injuries checked out even if you don't like doctors.

zanderfever
03-26-09, 10:26 pm
Hey, I checked out your thread like you asked - you have some insane stuff going on. I hope our talk helped. Good job with those overheads, nice volume.

By the way, you should go get those injuries checked out even if you don't like doctors.

Thank you, you've helped a lot. I don't really feel much of a need to see a doctor, but I appreciate. I'll keep an eye and if anything really goes south then i'll see somebody, thanks.

zanderfever
03-27-09, 6:59 pm
Pull Ups
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 6
BW x 5
BW x 5
BW x 5

Grand total - 65

T-Bar Rows (BB in corner)
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 10
4 plates x 12
4 plates+15 x 10 + 2 half reps

Padded T-Bars
4 plates x 10
4 plates x 8
4 plates x 6 + 2 helped

Row Machine
80 x 10
100 x 10
120 x 10

Shrugs
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 25

Standing EZ Bar Preachers
35 x 10
55 x 10
65 x 8
65 x 8
65 x 7

Done. Yesterday was an alright day. Forearms were weakening fast though. It was strange, but whatever.

T o m m Y
03-27-09, 7:05 pm
solid shit bro

Psycho77
03-27-09, 9:04 pm
ohhh, pull up madness in here. thats gotta hurt. good work Zander.

Hoomgar
03-27-09, 9:12 pm
Good back, trap and bi work bro. Pullups FTW!

zanderfever
03-28-09, 2:02 pm
solid shit bro

Thanks, SnW. I'm trying.

ohhh, pull up madness in here. thats gotta hurt. good work Zander.

Haha, thanks. Wide back.

Good back, trap and bi work bro. Pullups FTW!

Thanks, Hg. May go chin ups next week to switch it up.

zanderfever
03-28-09, 2:49 pm
Bench
45 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 8
150 x 3
185 x 3
195 x 7 - This was the "3 or more" set of the program and once I hit 7 easy Mike just told me to stop so I did. Then onto the accessory benching
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10
150 x 10

Rope Pressdowns
50 x 15
50 x 15
50 x 15

Incline DB Bench
55's x 10
65's x 8
65's x 10
65's x 6 - felt shoulder, so I stopped

Rolling DB extensions
20's x 10
20's x 10
25's x 10

DB Floor Presses
80's x 8 - paused
80's x 8 - paused
80's x 7 - paused

Rope Extensions
80 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
60 x 20

Done. Good day today. Felt perfectly fine on basically everything.

zanderfever
03-29-09, 1:45 pm
Squat
55 x 10
105 x 8
145 x 6
145 x 8 - repeated set because I felt the quad thingy happening
195 x 6 - no quad thingy! Yay!
235 x 5
260 x 10
280 x 5 - strong walk out, good reps, stumbled at the top of the 5th so Mike stopped my set here, incomplete set

Rack Deads - knee level
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 5
460 x 5 PR
495 x 1 PR
500 x 1 PR - still trying to regain thinking ability

GHR
BW x 10
BW x 12
BW x 10

Leg Press Calf Raises
3 pps x 15
3 pps x 15 (5 sec rest) x 5
4 pps x 15
4 pps x 15 (5 sec rest) x 5

Done. Good day today, excluding the last set of Squats. Not really sure what happened, but I may have shifted weight at the top or something but the end result was me losing balance and having to pick up my right foot and try to set myself back up. It didnt really work so Mike told me to rack it and I did. Little disappointed but other than that it was a solid day.

scals
03-29-09, 5:04 pm
The past 3 workouts have looked sick Z. Pull-up crazy, great benching, and record rack pulls. Thats a helluva week.

T o m m Y
03-29-09, 5:15 pm
Strong stuff bro..
so your doing 5/3/1 you said?

mcbeast
03-29-09, 5:33 pm
Good job brotha.

zanderfever
03-29-09, 8:16 pm
The past 3 workouts have looked sick Z. Pull-up crazy, great benching, and record rack pulls. Thats a helluva week.

Thanks, scals. The workouts this week have been productive

Strong stuff bro..
so your doing 5/3/1 you said?

Thanks, Small. I'm doing 5/3/1 on the bench, not squats or deads.

Good job brotha.

Thanks, excessive. I try.

Psycho77
03-29-09, 8:22 pm
Sick Bench and Leg day Zander.

Hoomgar
03-30-09, 12:34 pm

x2 this, it's good to see you swinging back upwards again homie. Keep it going in this direction. No need to sweat 1 bad set of squats out of an entire workout that went great otherwise.

Hg

zanderfever
04-02-09, 9:46 pm
Sick Bench and Leg day Zander.

Thanks, Psycho. Now to get stronger...

x2 this, it's good to see you swinging back upwards again homie. Keep it going in this direction. No need to sweat 1 bad set of squats out of an entire workout that went great otherwise.

Hg

Thanks, Hg. I'm not really worrying about it, just waiting for this Sunday.

zanderfever
04-02-09, 9:54 pm
3/31/09 - Delts, Tri's

Overheads
45 x 10
65 x 10
95 x 8
115 x 6
125 x 6
115 x 6
135 x 4 - stopped short, didnt like the way my shoulder was feeling
95 x 10 - yep, not a smart idea to keep on going so i stopped

Dips - these all sucked. definitely a bad day
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6

DB Laterals
20's x 8/side - these even hit my shoulder...

HS Side Lateral Machine
20/side x 10
25/side x 10
25/side x 10
25/side x 10

Face Pulls
80 x 10
90 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10

EZ Bar Pressdowns
30 x 10
50 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10

Light Front Raise/Lateral Raise medley
Little more triceps

Done. Not a great day. Shoulder was bothering me. Oh well.

Lethal_Banana
04-02-09, 9:55 pm
Wow dude, that's a lot of volume. How long did it take you?
Keep on smashing those weights!

Cheers,
LB

zanderfever
04-02-09, 9:59 pm
Chin Ups
BW x 5
Bw x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8

Total - 57

Jailhouse T-Bars
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 10
4 plates+25 x 8
4 plates+35 x 8 PR

Padded T-Bars
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
4 plates+10 x 8

HS Row Machine
80 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10

BB Shrugs
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 30

DB Shrugs
75's x 15

EZ Bar Preachers
30 x 10
50 x 10
60 x 8
60 x 6

ABS

BB Holds (not sure what else to call them, but I was literally just standing holding a barbell with a double overhand grip)
225 x 41 seconds - bar out in front
225 x 15 seconds - bar behind my back

Done. Good day today. I got some good work in and the expriment I did with the grip work at the end was fun. My grip isn't the weak point in my deadlift, but I figured more cant hurt.

zanderfever
04-02-09, 10:00 pm
Wow dude, that's a lot of volume. How long did it take you?
Keep on smashing those weights!

Cheers,
LB

Thanks, LB. Glad you stopped by. It probably took about 2 hours? I'm in the gym for a long time. I love the 5 hour Sundays that i've had :D

Lethal_Banana
04-02-09, 10:05 pm
Thanks, LB. Glad you stopped by. It probably took about 2 hours? I'm in the gym for a long time. I love the 5 hour Sundays that i've had :D

Haha awesome! It's good to go overkill once in a while :P

Cheers,
LB

Psycho77
04-02-09, 10:23 pm
Chin Ups
BW x 5
Bw x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 8
BW x 8

Total - 57

Jailhouse T-Bars
3 plates x 8
4 plates x 10
4 plates+25 x 8
4 plates+35 x 8 PR

Padded T-Bars
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
4 plates+10 x 8

HS Row Machine
80 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10

BB Shrugs
135 x 15
185 x 10
225 x 30

DB Shrugs
75's x 15

EZ Bar Preachers
30 x 10
50 x 10
60 x 8
60 x 6

ABS

BB Holds (not sure what else to call them, but I was literally just standing holding a barbell with a double overhand grip)
225 x 41 seconds - bar out in front
225 x 15 seconds - bar behind my back

Done. Good day today. I got some good work in and the expriment I did with the grip work at the end was fun. My grip isn't the weak point in my deadlift, but I figured more cant hurt.

veyr nice work Zander.

zanderfever
04-02-09, 10:45 pm
Haha awesome! It's good to go overkill once in a while :P

Cheers,
LB

Once in a while? Me and the guys I train with did that for months straight. Squats and Deadlifts in the same workout with a protein bar in between. Workouts long and hard enough that you need to eat in between... Glorious...

veyr nice work Zander.

Thanks, Psycho. It'll only get better

Firedrake
04-03-09, 12:56 am
Very nice work -- and continuing to get better IS the point, after all!

It's nice to see you at it hard!

Pizzalamp
04-03-09, 10:12 am
heavy and hardd work zander-have a good weekend

zanderfever
04-03-09, 9:41 pm
Very nice work -- and continuing to get better IS the point, after all!

It's nice to see you at it hard!

Thanks, Jim. I'll always work hard and try and get better.

heavy and hardd work zander-have a good weekend

Thanks, Pizza. You to.