PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK: Torrent New Flavor Beta Testers.

J-Dawg
02-02-09, 9:13 am
Fellas, this thread is for the Torrent new flavor beta testers to place their feedback in. Congrats on getting picked to test out the newest flavor. Please remember to keep the flavor confidential for now. We would like to hear your thoughts on the flavor without giving it away just yet. Thanks and enjoy.

mritter3
02-02-09, 11:08 am
torrent is by far my favorite and only post workout supplement, so i cannot wait to hear a sneak peak of the newest flavor.

Pizzalamp
02-02-09, 3:52 pm
day 2 of using the new flavor

The first time I filled my shaker cup up almost half way with cool water and added 3 scoops
It mixed well
I didnt like the taste
Very weak
Very chemical

Today I used ice cold water and filled my shaker half way full...the taste was much better, more refreshing...more like what the flavor is advertised as. I defintely would drink it again on Wednesday when I work out. After doing legs it really was nice to have.

Little Z
02-02-09, 3:54 pm
Received today, its an off day, tomorrow ill log my results!

Pizza you are diggin it more with cold water?

Pizzalamp
02-02-09, 3:55 pm
Pizza you are diggin it more with cold water?
yes sir!

C.Coronato
02-02-09, 4:00 pm
I was a big fan of the new flavor.

I thought it mixed well, it was not as thick as the cherry, and it tasted great.

Thanks for the opp. to be part of the test!

Little Z
02-02-09, 4:01 pm
yes sir!

I will note that and do my normal Torrent mix w/ ice cold water and toss it back in the fridge until its time..

thank you sir.. hah

sportsfan4110
02-02-09, 9:38 pm
sounds like the new torrent flavor is gonna be awesome, can't wait to try it

keep up the good logs guys

Universal Rep
02-03-09, 12:36 pm
I was a big fan of the new flavor.

I thought it mixed well, it was not as thick as the cherry, and it tasted great.

Thanks for the opp. to be part of the test!

I agree. I had an early prototype and it was the best flavor of Torrent IMHO...

SCR > GAA > CBB

J-Dawg
02-04-09, 1:22 pm
I see some preliminary feedback is coming in...

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 1:26 pm
I see some preliminary feedback is coming in...

Also:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113917081

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113891661

G Diesel
02-04-09, 1:30 pm
I like the flavor a lot... Wouldn't mind if it was a little sweeter and the flavor was a little stronger. Goes down smooth, mixes easy and digests as well as the Green Apple Avalanche. Very much looking forward to this one becoming widely available.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 1:35 pm
I like the flavor a lot... Wouldn't mind if it was a little sweeter and the flavor was a little stronger. Goes down smooth, mixes easy and digests as well as the Green Apple Avalanche. Very much looking forward to this one becoming widely available.

Peace, G

My only comment, though I think it's the best Torrent yet, would be if it could be a little sour at the end.

Mr. Dead
02-04-09, 1:36 pm
My only comment, though I think it's the best Torrent yet, would be if it could be a little sour at the end.

Sour, ftw!!!

Aggression
02-04-09, 1:49 pm
I agree with Pizza. It had sort of a chemical taste. Still a good flavor, but maybe it needs some more flavoring to rid it of the chemical taste. GAA is still my favorite, but SCR is a close second now! I will definitely get this flavor to switch it up from GAA from time to time.

joe-yamma
02-04-09, 1:55 pm
I agree. I had an early prototype and it was the best flavor of Torrent IMHO...

SCR > GAA > CBBSCR?
Sour Citrus Rush?
Sweet Citrus Rush?
shut up joe-yamma? haha (can you tell i'm excited for this???)

Little Z
02-04-09, 1:59 pm
SCR?
Sour Citrus Rush?
Sweet Citrus Rush?
shut up joe-yamma? haha (can you tell i'm excited for this???)

Sour Cream & Ranch haha

musclealchemist
02-04-09, 2:19 pm
Sour Cream & Ranch haha

thats nasty, I hope the new flavor mixes as well as cherry and apple mix.

Little Z
02-04-09, 2:35 pm
thats nasty, I hope the new flavor mixes as well as cherry and apple mix.

haha yeah sour cream & ranch would definitely be nasty.. ill be tossin my first log up tonight after deads..

Pizzalamp
02-04-09, 9:00 pm
trained light arms tonight
had 3 scoops after
used ice cold water again
tonight it tasted just ok-kinda weak imo...left a weird taste in my mouth...mixed well-digested well...i felt refreshed after-friday is chest delts

mdh84
02-04-09, 10:04 pm
I got mine today. I haven't tried it yet but after finding out the flavor and reading the feedback on here, I am really excited. I will try the first serving tomorrow and post it here.

Little Z
02-04-09, 10:06 pm
Did deads tonight..

I always start off by testing the smell of a product in the container.. and this definitely took me by surprise..
I wasnt too sure about it..

I mixed with ice cold water, and I gave it a shake for 30 seconds at least..
Was a small amount that didnt fully mix..

The smell after being mixed made me want to drink it PRE workout, made my mouth water..

Finished my workout and gave it a shake after getting it out of the gym cooler, and took my first sip..
The taste is very light, as others have stated, it seems very chemical, with every sip it continued.. the taste is not very strong,
overpowered in my opinion.. and it just has that chemical taste...

I do like the flavor.. if it was a little more tart, it would be money..

And if the flavor is brought out a little more..

Overall, settled right, no complaints with that, mixed well, the taste is where im having issues..

mdh84
02-05-09, 7:57 pm
I tried my sample today after a leg workout. I mixed it with 12 ounces of cold water. It did mix really well and went down really smoothly. I also wish that the taste was a little more sour, but it wasn't bad. I noticed that it didn't seem to have a weird aftertaste that the cherry flavor had, and it definitely mixes a whole lot better. I think that's my favorite part. To me, it tasted more like a kids juice drink than a supplement. I really like that. I will try tomorrow to add some more powder/ less water to maybe bring out the flavor more. Was it supposed to come with a scoop? I know that there are 3 servings, but I am kind of retarded at eyeballing 1/3 of the container. It's all good though. This gives me a chance to play around with the mixture. More to come tomorrow

Universal Rep
02-06-09, 9:31 am
Another review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=284762861&posted=1#post284762861

shortstack
02-06-09, 11:49 am
I tried mine out yesterday and today.

I can see how Pizza says it's chemically, but I think that just the way that particular flavor comes off when it's strong. I liked the taste and actually thought it was easier on my stomach than the cherry and green apple.

It actually reminds me of a vitamin drink for when people are sick. A little too strong on the (C) side of the drink. I'm trying to not name it and give it away but get my opinion across.

Overall, if it had a little more of the other flavor and a little less (C) flavor, it would be great.

I have about 1 shot left and will try mixing it with my EAANitro and see how that flavor comes out.

Shortstack

Pizzalamp
02-06-09, 6:23 pm
trained back and the torrent hit the spot after-mixed it with ice old water with my shaker half full...used 3 level scoops-tasted refreshing...im used to the taste and i like it.more than before..still tastes a bit weak...a bit stronger and it would be great

mdh84
02-09-09, 11:48 pm
I tried another serving of the new torrent flavor today. I mixed it with room temp water and It didn't taste as good. I could definitely taste the chemical taste today. I have 1 more so I will finish it up tomorrow.

Pizzalamp
02-10-09, 9:56 pm
all done with my sample jar

Taste: 7.91 out of 10-it tasted okay at best to me...I would like to see it a bit more strong and less chemical

Smell: 5.85-very bitter

Mixablity:10 out of 10-always mixed great every time

Digestion:10 out of 10-no upset stomach-no bloating

Recovery:10 out of 10-I'm less sore after workouts and my body feels replenished after I take it

Ice cold water is defintely the way to go with this flavor

Would I buy it again? I would pick cherry first, then the Green Apple,and then this flavor.
I do prefer this flavor over Intra Aid
Thanks Universal for the opportunity to test this flavor.

B Con
02-12-09, 9:51 am
Had my first serving this morning and I enjoyed it. It's not a flavor that stands out and makes me crave it immediately like CBB or GAA did but I do feel it will grow on me. I used iced with it as well.

I may try a mix tomorrow with a scoop of GAA in it to see how it does. It really tastes like a distinct chilled beverage... I would say which but it will ruin the secret.

Hola Bola
02-12-09, 8:45 pm
I got mine yesterday and I've already used all 3 servings, lol... it mixes great like the other flavors and I really enjoyed the taste. I think its a good 3rd flavor for torrent since the first two are more along the lines of 'sweet' and this one is definately leaning more towards 'sour'.

Out of all 3 flavors this one is my favorite.

Stovall
02-16-09, 1:19 pm
I still haven't recieved mine yet. I live way out in the boonies of Texas so maybe that is the reason.

Hoomgar
02-16-09, 4:02 pm
All I'm going to say is this is hands down the best one so far. It gets the go ahead from me. This one is ready to ship IMO fellas.

McFly
02-16-09, 4:03 pm
hmmm I'll have to keep my eye on this for when the flavor is released....I'm all about playing mad scientist with my supplements....wonder what I can mix it with hmmmmm

Mr. Dead
02-19-09, 4:33 pm
Taste was a lot different than I was expecting... Kind of smooth and creamy... (I know exactly what it reminds me of, but I'm not posting it, since it would totally give the flavor away...)

Mr. Dead
02-19-09, 5:26 pm
Taste was a lot different than I was expecting... Kind of smooth and creamy... (I know exactly what it reminds me of, but I'm not posting it, since it would totally give the flavor away...)

Overall I'd give it a 9.5/10...

Stovall
02-22-09, 2:03 pm
Hey Dead, did you just get yours in? I'm still waiting for mine. Wondering if it was lost in the mail........or some Animal works in the post office and took it for himself! I wouldn't blame him though.