PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift Video,training Up To The Worlds, Including Worlds Footage!

Sgt Rock
02-02-09, 10:23 pm
Ok I think I finally figured out how to upload my videos. THe video is a long one, over five minutes. It has my training lifts leading up to worlds, all done in a custom single ply DL suit I helped test/invenet etc. The lifts include the following:

GYM LIFTS OF 755X1 REV BANDS WITH BELT, 725X1 OFF THE DECK, 425X6 SLDL OFF A 3 INCH BOX, HOOK GRIP, NO BELT, 725X1 AND 775X1 OFF THE DECK ALL BEFORE THE WORLDS, THEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FOOTAGE WITH 683 OPENER, 705X1 AND THE WHAT I NEEDED TO WIN WITH 755X1, YOU WILL NOTE THE SUIT WAS SO TIGHT I COULD BARELY GET INTO POSITION. I COULD BARELY BREATHE LOL! AFTER THE MEET IS A CAGE TRAINING LIFT OF 725X1 WITH A LOOSE NEW SUIT.

I will have it up shortly if all goes well.

Semper Fi

mritter3
02-02-09, 10:28 pm
nice...cannot wait to see this!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-02-09, 10:29 pm
OOOOOO!! i cant wait to see this!

Sgt Rock
02-02-09, 10:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QCnER_ECLY

Semper Fi

SQUAT or DIE!
02-02-09, 10:53 pm

Semper Fi

i must admit, that video actually makes me want to pull... and im not a fan of doing it at all.

rev8ball
02-02-09, 11:49 pm
"I'm gonna pull it up so fast, if you blink, you're gonna miss it; I guarantee it!"

Fuckin' rocked! Great job, brother. Looking forward to more....

TheBassGuy
02-02-09, 11:56 pm
that's awesome, can't really say much else.

StockRock
02-02-09, 11:59 pm
that was just fucking sick..period.

Cstlfx
02-03-09, 12:04 am
Wow, some really impressive pulls. You definitely have even more in you! I cant wait to see videos of the cage.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
02-03-09, 12:17 am
ridiculous is only an understatement, thanks for the inspiration SgtRock

Sgt Rock
02-03-09, 12:24 am
Hey thanks bros! To answer some of the questions I have received, my training bodyweight is around 230 or so. My next show is, of course, the Cage! I use a single ply custon Titan Velocity deadlift suit which I helped develop and test, with velcro straps. The suit is on the verge of being IPF legal so it is legal in all feds. You can see how tight it is in the world championships video, I can barely get my feet in place. Once I work on that I will tighten the suit up even more, it is the best DL suit I have ever worn. At the worlds I opened up with the highest weight for my class and just planned on staying 5lbs ahead to get the win, as that is what counts at the worlds. Before my third attempt I was notified someone lifted in a previous day in a different class and that lift was going to count in the open, he lifted 750, so I took 755 for the win, if I knew earlier I would have taken 755 on my second and 771-783 on a third and felt good for it. I will be pulling a big one in the Cage in just 4 weeks! Thanks again guys.

Semper Fi

DANO
02-04-09, 7:42 pm
Sarge, that just plain ROCKS! (pardon the pun.)

ghost
02-04-09, 7:50 pm
Sgt, amazing video brother. looking forward to seeing you again at the cage!

Elite
02-04-09, 7:51 pm
Truly inspiring.

shizz702
02-04-09, 7:57 pm
Awesome pulling Sgt! What I saw in those vids was what years and years of hard work, and dedication, and mastery of technique can do for a man. You're an inspiration bro and I hope to be pulling big weights like you one day!

Feel The Power
02-04-09, 8:03 pm
loved the videos man!! Incredible how much weight you are pulling. I will have to watch those again before deadlift day.

Little Z
02-04-09, 11:40 pm
Sgt.

Amazing video bro, cant wait till the Cage. The intensity is through the roof in your video, I dont think Columbus will be able
to handle it in March!

naturalguy
02-05-09, 9:48 am
Sgt. Rock ain't playin'

I can't wait to see this go down in the Cage.

brandonA
02-05-09, 11:06 am
That's one lean, mean mutha right there...Rock, love your no bullshit approach, get to the bar and pull the weight...

-B

Sgt Rock
02-05-09, 11:17 am
Thanks guys, more vids to follow...IF you want them lol! Tell me what you want to see, more vids of heavy dls? What about back training...tell me the excercises you want to see please.

Semper Fi

brandonA
02-05-09, 11:22 am
Thanks guys, more vids to follow...IF you want them lol! Tell me what you want to see, more vids of heavy dls? What about back training...tell me the excercises you want to see please.

Semper Fi

I would love to see some Romanian deads....dont think I am doing them right. Would love to see you pull off of block...and some of your accessory work as well....

Thanks Rock!!!

-B

Sgt Rock
02-05-09, 11:24 am
THe SLDL I did in the vid with the chains is REAL close to a Romanian DL. Its sort of a hybrid SLDL/Romanian pull. You should try them how I did in the vid. 3 inch box, hook or overhand grip, no belt, knees SLIGHTLY bent, let the weight just touch the deck, butt slightly back. I will try and get some vids of my pulls and accessories on Sunday. Some heavy sumo dls in gear, then some chins and upper back stuff.

Semper Fi

brandonA
02-05-09, 11:36 am
THe SLDL I did in the vid with the chains is REAL close to a Romanian DL. Its sort of a hybrid SLDL/Romanian pull. You should try them how I did in the vid. 3 inch box, hook or overhand grip, no belt, knees SLIGHTLY bent, let the weight just touch the deck, butt slightly back. I will try and get some vids of my pulls and accessories on Sunday. Some heavy sumo dls in gear, then some chins and upper back stuff.

Semper Fi

I will get them a try Rock...thanks...

-B

shizz702
02-05-09, 11:50 am
Shit Sgt I'd like to see whatever other vids you got, seeing you train is big time motivation!

Little Z
02-05-09, 2:07 pm

Semper Fi

Sounds good bro, whatever you toss out there we are going to watch and learn.. theres no doubt about that..

Rage
02-05-09, 3:51 pm
That was awesome bro..whatever you've got..throw it up..that was kick ass!

grande_mono
02-05-09, 6:54 pm
That's some good stuff.

And like everybody else...whatever you got, I'd be more than happy to watch.

machineman
02-05-09, 7:10 pm
awesome pulling, Sgt......I agree with everyone else...whatever you have, throw it out there and I know I will be watching!!

Feel The Power
02-05-09, 8:32 pm
x2!!

Shit Sgt I'd like to see whatever other vids you got, seeing you train is big time motivation!

Firefist
02-05-09, 9:13 pm
THATS AMAZING SGT ROCK! I cant wait to witness your lift at the cage!

random question, how tall are you?!? haha.

Sgt Rock
02-06-09, 2:51 am
How tall would you guess me to be?

Im 5'll

Semper Fi

Rage
02-06-09, 9:16 am
How tall would you guess me to be?

Im 5'll

Semper Fi

I don't know how I missed the strength in that grip of yours, shaking your hand over the years...

Sgt Rock
02-10-09, 9:13 pm
I don't know how I missed the strength in that grip of yours, shaking your hand over the years...

A gentle warrior when need be lol! This year is going to be best ever my friend!!
Looking forward to working/hanging with all of you guys.

Semper Fi

machineman
02-11-09, 4:58 am
after watching your vids a few times, it just shows how much more work my grip needs! it fails at around 335....but I did manage a 425 single on Monday....LONG way to go for me!! see you in a few weeks.

widdlewade44
02-11-09, 8:19 pm
Awesome Sgt Rock, thanks for sharing this link.

Unbelievably inspirational brother! Good luck on your preparation for the Cage.

Semper Fi,

Kevin
widdlewade44

pmug0000
02-12-09, 12:24 am

Semper Fi

Oh fuck! You da man!

Sgt Rock
02-16-09, 8:58 pm
Only one heavy DL session left guys.....did I mention this is all that I think about?
After I blast up my last rep in the Cage, I will be answering any and all questions, including deadlift suits, off season workouts, peaking routines, and how I personally peaked for the Cage and the World Championships, and how to do the sumo and conv deadlift the RIGHT way.

Semper Fi

machineman
02-16-09, 9:34 pm
Only one heavy DL session left guys.....did I mention this is all that I think about?
After I blast up my last rep in the Cage, I will be answering any and all questions, including deadlift suits, off season workouts, peaking routines, and how I personally peaked for the Cage and the World Championships, and how to do the sumo and conv deadlift the RIGHT way.

Semper Fi

if I get the chance, I would like to talk to you and make sure my form is okay....since I cannot find my linking cord for the vid camera.....

Sgt Rock
02-19-09, 12:27 pm
if I get the chance, I would like to talk to you and make sure my form is okay....since I cannot find my linking cord for the vid camera.....

I would be happy to help out.

Semper Fi

Bronzebird
02-20-09, 2:09 am
Awesome show of strength and technique in the vid. The DL suit should turn some heads and blast new PR's for the new owners. Serious competitors are going to be rocked!

Sgt Rock
07-10-09, 5:36 am
I will have vids leading up to the world championships, 13 heavy pulls!

Semper Fi

Sgt Rock
09-26-09, 5:19 am
I feel honored that I have received many new vi. deo requests. I have been aping my heavy pulls and will continue up until the worlds. I will also have the
worlds taped as well. I am going to be taking back the world record on my third if all goes well. The record is 806. Rather than chip it to 807 I am taking 810. Chips are for fat guys on on a sofa with no ambition. 820 is the top pull in the world in any fed at 242 so 821 would break it.

Semper Fi

BryanSmash!
09-26-09, 5:38 am
I feel honored that I have received many new vi. deo requests. I have been aping my heavy pulls and will continue up until the worlds. I will also have the
worlds taped as well. I am going to be taking back the world record on my third if all goes well. The record is 806. Rather than chip it to 807 I am taking 810. Chips are for fat guys on on a sofa with no ambition. 820 is the top pull in the world in any fed at 242 so 821 would break it.

Semper Fi

Nothin but class Rock! Good luck on that 810!

willah
10-06-09, 12:28 am
I see this is an older thread but I just caught it with the bump..

Sgt Rock thanks for posting that vid! There is nothing like pulling a heavy-ass bar off the ground, that vid makes me smile for sure! More videos are always good.

Good luck headed for 810, and further on for 821! Get those records brother..

xlionx
05-26-10, 10:39 pm
shit was sick nice lifts.