PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the Wall

AJ53
02-04-09, 10:39 am
Guys,

Short but sweet today.

Ive stepped up my training, increasing my meals, protein and suppliments, and dropping my reps to 6x4. Obviously increasing weight too.

On the last sets i hit the wall... What do you suggest to allow me to get the set finished?
Supps, the way im training? any advice is appreciated.

mritter3
02-04-09, 10:56 am
obviously it depends on what exercise your hitting this wall on, if its bench, then trying using DB, or doing some heavy dips, or just taking a week off or so, to allow for the maximum recovery. if it is another body part just let it rest and im sure you will come back stronger than before, taking time off is the hardest part for me but everytime i do it i come back stronger than before. good luck bro

C.Coronato
02-04-09, 11:00 am
Just keep pushing. How old are you and what supps are you taking?

hardworkE
02-04-09, 11:08 am
Maybe try to switch up your routine a little bit. I did the same with shoulders, kept doing presses first every time but after I switched it up and did some side/rear raises, smith machine presses, etc first, I came back a couple weeks later and blew through the plateau I hit.

AJ53
02-04-09, 11:29 am
Hey,

Cheers for your responses. I'm 21, take protein in the morning afternoon and after the gym, Animal Pak in the morning with my oats and, Animal Flex with my lunch, and a metanabol.

I always mix up my routine, never starting or finishing on the same exercise. I like to keep my body guessing. I mix up the flat bars, eazy bars and dumb bell. I have turned my living room into a gym. I only do free weights, and have no access to cable machines which does limit my training to some extent. Could this be part of the reason?