PDA

View Full Version : YOGA

BigAnt
02-04-09, 8:28 pm
Well, I attended and completed my first Yoga class tonight/60 minutes...Yeah it ain't for wimps! LOL

I do SOME need help (and I am sure many other people who weight train) with flexability.

I did enjoy it, both the mind-spiritual and flexability parts...I took the class where I work at.

Both the physical and mental disciplines where tough, but as the class went on, I did find it easier. My goal is to attend and complete a Bikram's Yoga class.... also known as Hot Yoga. or "Fire Yoga" Bikram Yoga is practiced in a room heated to 105F (40.5C) with a humidity of 40%.

This is great for releasing toxins and impurities out of the body....

Just something new to try and look into while the biceps injury is there....

bikinipatrol
02-04-09, 10:06 pm
this stuff is actually worth looking into, i took a Pilates class last semester at my college and I'm a hell of a lot more flexible now then i was...my hips are alot stronger too, helps alot with squats and deads too

Sho
02-04-09, 10:35 pm
Yoga is great for picking up chicks!

Young&Hungry
02-04-09, 10:42 pm
Yoga is AWESOME for flexibility. I've been the only guy in my class for some time now. I go about once every 2-3 weeks (should be more often), what a stretch.

mritter3
02-05-09, 7:55 am
for people who enjoy throwing around some heavy weights yoga is a def. change of pace, but it is a ball buster everytime i do it. big guys are not suppossed to be able to hold those crazy postions for that long, but it does help with flexibility.

Binney08
02-05-09, 8:57 am
just started yoga class last week. my lower back and obliques are kinda sore from all the twisting and stretching. even tho i stretch after every workout im pretty tight all over.
but the mental aspect is definitely enjoyable. after class i couldnt stop smiling and felt really good

C.Coronato
02-05-09, 11:16 am
I always wanted to give it a go, i just never got around to it. but from the sounds of it, i think i really should!

fenix237
02-05-09, 11:55 am
Well, I attended and completed my first Yoga class tonight/60 minutes...Yeah it ain't for wimps! LOL

I do SOME need help (and I am sure many other people who weight train) with flexability.

I did enjoy it, both the mind-spiritual and flexability parts...I took the class where I work at.

Both the physical and mental disciplines where tough, but as the class went on, I did find it easier. My goal is to attend and complete a Bikram's Yoga class.... also known as Hot Yoga. or "Fire Yoga" Bikram Yoga is practiced in a room heated to 105F (40.5C) with a humidity of 40%.

This is great for releasing toxins and impurities out of the body....

Just something new to try and look into while the biceps injury is there....

being a big fella (5'10" 275) i worried about being to inflexible for yoga- i have a big gut and thought it might get in the way- haha!! (i know i'm working on it!!) is there a specific yoga that is more suited for bigger dudes? i don't want to start going and end up hating it

btw- i've been considering yoga but thought i'd get laughed off the forvm for asking, BUT if Big Ant doin' it........

violator
02-06-09, 4:50 am
yogas ok....personally i prefer tai chi chuan for a soft form.....