PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs Bros: The House vs Hola Bola "Tickets to the Gun Show"

naturalguy
02-05-09, 1:18 pm
Let's get ready to rumble.......................

In this corner IFBB Pro The House vs Hola Bola curling 1/2 their bodyweight for reps.

For those that follow Hola's journey (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18676) you know that he is a strong dude who definitely has a good shot in this contest........................................the n again, he's taking on The House.

Who ya got your money on?

B Con
02-05-09, 1:19 pm
Yes sir. This is gonna be good.

J-Dawg
02-05-09, 1:20 pm
Nice! Another good showdown.

firsthorseman97
02-05-09, 1:25 pm
This is a great match-up!

Any idea when the schedule of events @ the Cage will be posted?

McFly
02-05-09, 1:27 pm
Do Your Thing Fellas!

Hola Bola
02-05-09, 1:29 pm
Sweet. I was already trying to lean out... I should be down close to 200 for this. My goal is 30 reps.

Btw... is this straight bar or ez bar?

shizz702
02-05-09, 1:35 pm
Aw shit this is gonna be a good one, I think Hola has a good shot against The House.

Mr. Dead
02-05-09, 1:36 pm
Definitely a good match!!! Definitely one to watch!!!

Rage
02-05-09, 1:39 pm
Two sets of big biceps a blazin...look out!

naturalguy
02-05-09, 1:40 pm
Sweet. I was already trying to lean out... I should be down close to 200 for this. My goal is 30 reps.

Btw... is this straight bar or ez bar?

Olympic straight bar

LittleMan55
02-05-09, 1:45 pm
This will be a good one! I got my money on...

Big C
02-05-09, 3:15 pm
Wow this one will be nuts. A couple brute's in this one....man I saw the House curl 185 easy for like 12 on a youtube video...he will be tough to beat, but my boy Hola has some crazy arm strength. Good luck to both!

Flash419
02-05-09, 3:32 pm
Another crazy curling contest...

Cage is going to be wild this year!

Maharg
02-05-09, 3:37 pm
I have worked out with Hola, an his arms are huge, and hes crazy lean. To bad its not a dip contest with half your body weight. Be a even more awesome show.

mritter3
02-08-09, 10:56 am
this like all of the others is going to be a classic........gotta go with the house though..because well...he's the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!

The House
02-08-09, 6:47 pm
curls for the girls...lol

Hola Bola
02-09-09, 12:38 pm
curls for the girls...lol

Too bad we're both married, lol...

Reko
02-09-09, 1:28 pm
Olympic straight bar

You guys are way more flexible than I!

I gotta go with Hola on this one, being from KC and all!

The House
02-11-09, 7:58 pm
i am no gumby lol

Hola Bola
02-12-09, 5:56 pm
i am no gumby lol

Me either. My forearms/wrists have been torn up the last few days from using the straight bar.

What are you weighing in at these days?

deanna7272
02-15-09, 8:58 pm
Ohhhhh, this is interesting....

SQUAT or DIE!
02-15-09, 9:09 pm
insanity!!

i dont care who wins, someone had better get this on video.. maybe ill have to break down and curl after all is said and done

dannynb
02-15-09, 9:34 pm
This will be fun regardless of the outcome.

Enforcer
02-15-09, 10:00 pm
I'm still a lil shocked this isnt a dip contest...lol....would prob have to throw my money down on HB if it was. This is gonna be a nice competition tho and I'll be looking forward to see who the winner is

Hola Bola
02-16-09, 2:10 pm
This will be fun regardless of the outcome.

For sure!

I'm still a lil shocked this isnt a dip contest...lol....would prob have to throw my money down on HB if it was. This is gonna be a nice competition tho and I'll be looking forward to see who the winner is

Haha, trust me, I wanted to do weighted dips!

Mr. Aestheticz
02-17-09, 12:58 pm
22's Son 22 Mfcking 2's!!!!!

The House
02-19-09, 6:00 pm
i just stepped on the scale and it said 220 so lights out 110 is light weight....

Big C
02-19-09, 6:26 pm
That scale must be broken then. House gotta be playin mind games.....haha. I'm gonna guess anywhere from 270-280 for the big dog at Arnold.

i just stepped on the scale and it said 220 so lights out 110 is light weight....

The House
02-22-09, 6:30 pm
That scale must be broken then. House gotta be playin mind games.....haha. I'm gonna guess anywhere from 270-280 for the big dog at Arnold.

damn bro i forgot to step the other leg on.... maybe i will just start to do cardio and be like 200... wait cardio no way big is better.. i bet if i do over ten reps that will feel like cardio to me lol.......

naturalguy
02-22-09, 6:33 pm
damn bro i forgot to step the other leg on.... maybe i will just start to do cardio and be like 200... wait cardio no way big is better.. i bet if i do over ten reps that will feel like cardio to me lol.......

I know Hola Bola will do way more than 10 reps, you better step up your game House!

Hola Bola
02-22-09, 6:59 pm

lol... I'm barely over 200lbs right now. Unfortunately I have to do cardio... damn Army.

dannynb
02-22-09, 7:05 pm
Ya'll are killing me...LOL

The House
02-23-09, 8:08 am
I know Hola Bola will do way more than 10 reps, you better step up your game House!
Ok I will.. I Call u both out then u guys curl the weight I am goin to use and then add them together and we will see who wins.. Big weight bro but I understand if u don't want to step in the batters box and take some heat from the house... U guys just let me know

naturalguy
02-23-09, 8:53 am
Ok I will.. I Call u both out then u guys curl the weight I am goin to use and then add them together and we will see who wins.. Big weight bro but I understand if u don't want to step in the batters box and take some heat from the house... U guys just let me know

I don't want no part of the House, leave me out of this lol

Mr. Aestheticz
02-23-09, 8:58 am

Got played lol!

The House
02-23-09, 9:14 am
2 on 1 bro for reps come on...if u do 10 reps then I am done... Take some time and think about it.. Lol
All the animals would like to see this go down do it for the brothers in iron, do it for the animals, for the children, for the people, for the world..

Rage
02-23-09, 10:39 am
2 on 1 bro for reps come on...if u do 10 reps then I am done... Take some time and think about it.. Lol
All the animals would like to see this go down do it for the brothers in iron, do it for the animals, for the children, for the people, for the world..

Oh man...you guys better take that challenge...now we are all expecting to see this...House certainly has some of the best guns I've ever seen...I believe he can pull it off..

Hola Bola
02-23-09, 11:13 am

lol... its like David vs Goliath.

naturalguy
02-23-09, 12:16 pm
Oh man...you guys better take that challenge...now we are all expecting to see this...House certainly has some of the best guns I've ever seen...I believe he can pull it off..

I am going to let Hola Bola take care of my "light" work for me

J-Dawg
02-23-09, 12:40 pm
Things are getting interesting in here lol.

Pizzalamp
02-23-09, 12:43 pm
Do it natural guy! Youve always believed in me and I believe in you

Rage
02-23-09, 1:02 pm
I am going to let Hola Bola take care of my "light" work for me

I have seen some unbelievable progress in you bro over the last year...get up there!

The House
02-23-09, 1:32 pm
I will even spot u a few reps if u want... Come on.. Let's give him some motivation guys...

Hollow
02-23-09, 1:41 pm
I have seen some unbelievable progress in you bro over the last year...get up there!

This is a golden opportunity naturalguy, go for it and have a blast with it!

Nightshift
02-23-09, 1:56 pm
Come on NG, get in there buddy! It's a great oppertunity!

Liftbig21
02-23-09, 2:23 pm
somebody better film all these events!!

dannynb
02-23-09, 3:10 pm
Come on NG....show House that Corporate folk can handle it like the Pro's can.

Hola Bola
02-23-09, 5:37 pm
Personally, I'd like to see an NG vs J-Dawg event...

Firefist
02-23-09, 5:49 pm

haha im down for that one!

naturalguy
02-23-09, 7:27 pm

You won't see it in The Cage but you may witness it Thursday night at Metro Fitness........................................... .....................if J-Dawg has the guts

The House
02-23-09, 7:58 pm
ok another deal... lets see
we can do 50% of my weight add up hola, NG and j dawg and get that total and plus three reps and that will be your guys total... then i will curl the same weight and see which total wins... ok

Elite
02-23-09, 8:08 pm
Do it natural guy! Youve always believed in me and I believe in you

Someone gunning for a ride to Columbus? ;)
Im gonna miss an amazing spectacle, whatever happens.
You better remember to take the lens cap off the camcorder Pizza!

Hola Bola
02-23-09, 8:21 pm
You won't see it in The Cage but you may witness it Thursday night at Metro Fitness........................................... .....................if J-Dawg has the guts

I'll be there. What are you guys gonna throw down on?

we can do 50% of my weight add up hola, NG and j dawg and get that total and plus three reps and that will be your guys total... then i will curl the same weight and see which total wins... ok

lol... I'm so confused right now.

dannynb
02-23-09, 11:32 pm
I'll be there. What are you guys gonna throw down on?

lol... I'm so confused right now.

Don't feel bad Hola...I had to read the thing 3 times before it made sense to me. LOL

dannynb
02-23-09, 11:34 pm

Aww...c'mon NG...don't keep it on the shadows....Either way I'm bringing my camera.

The House
02-24-09, 9:13 am
Mount up boys..

Rage
02-24-09, 9:16 am

Oh man this is even better...House is fucking on fire here you guys...now all three of you have to take this challenge...when the House calls...you answer

Hollow
02-24-09, 9:39 am

...and the plot thickens!

Brutus_515
02-24-09, 9:48 am
I seen house barbell curl 185 for a good 8-10 reps before while dieting....this is going to be interesting.

naturalguy
02-24-09, 4:25 pm
Mount up boys..

Pick on someone your own size

J-Dawg
02-24-09, 4:35 pm

Just saw I got called out. I'll go up against NG any day, any time, any place.

G Diesel
02-24-09, 4:36 pm

That is some complciated West Virginia math... I'm lost.

Anyways, I believe in ya House... Quit playing possum with these kids. I'm glad I'm not going up against you bro.

Peace, G

dannynb
02-24-09, 4:45 pm
See..now how the hell is a man supposed to be focusing on his workout with this ruckus going on Thursday night....oh well....def gonna be worth it.

House...I'm putting al bets on your brother.

NG...c'mon now man...don't be letting him punk ya like that.

Hola Bola
02-24-09, 4:56 pm
I seen house barbell curl 185 for a good 8-10 reps before while dieting....this is going to be interesting.

Nice! 135 or so should be lightweight then.

The House
02-24-09, 5:24 pm
Nice! 135 or so should be lightweight then.
135 what...!!!! are you callin me a small girl. if i have to do 135 then my offseason has been a total failure....lol o wait thats right i only weigh 220 right boys

naturalguy
02-24-09, 5:46 pm
135 what...!!!! are you callin me a small girl. if i have to do 135 then my offseason has been a total failure....lol o wait thats right i only weigh 220 right boys

Don't forget there will be a scale there big guy

The House
02-24-09, 6:23 pm
Don't forget there will be a scale there big guy
and that scale will be there for you to bro but dont worry you guys are goin to curl 50% of my weight.... or if you want i wll do front raises with 50% of my weight or side raises...

Rage
02-24-09, 6:47 pm
and that scale will be there for you to bro but dont worry you guys are goin to curl 50% of my weight.... or if you want i wll do front raises with 50% of my weight or side raises...

Gotta love this guy...

naturalguy
02-24-09, 8:37 pm
Gotta love this guy...

Yeah he keeps trying to change the event and drag me in LOL.

House, you will have your hands full with Hola Bola

Mr. Aestheticz
02-24-09, 9:13 pm

IF HE DOESN'T GET HIS FILL WITH HOLA, I WILL TAKE HIM ON!!!!!!!

BRING IT!!!

.............................SSSIIIKKKEEEEEEEEE, ONLY WAY I WOULD HAVE A CHANCE IF I WAS ABLE TO DO 1% OF MY BODY WEIGHT LMAO!

....EASY!

Pizzalamp
02-24-09, 10:13 pm
this is gonna be cool to see my mentor natural guy taking part in this contest

good luck ng! you got the support of the nutmeg state!

The House
02-25-09, 7:42 am

Thanks for watchin out NG, but my hands can take some more light work... Aka NG lol

G Diesel
02-25-09, 9:36 am
this is gonna be cool to see my mentor natural guy taking part in this contest

good luck ng! you got the support of the nutmeg state!

Funny, cuz I think NG adds nutmeg to his shakes... That is his supplement secret weapon.

Peace, G

Brutus_515
02-25-09, 9:37 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arvUDMN2pcs

Just some food for thought.

Rage
02-25-09, 9:39 am

LOL..I'm surprised Freak hasn't asked for about 5 other guys to jump in on our event so he can add their totals..they're Pro's for a reason..

joe-yamma
02-25-09, 1:34 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arvUDMN2pcs

Just some food for thought.haha good one!
what about the one of The House front raising 135???

The House knows how to bring the pain in a workout... plus he's in his off-season!

i've seen some good vids of HB floating around out there too...

Big C
02-25-09, 1:46 pm
Can't wait for this one lotta hype surrounding it....does anyone know if House vrs. Hola is on Friday or Saturday??

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 1:48 pm
House is on a roll in here. I still think the 3 on one sounds good for HB, NG and J... Any clue what the big guy is weighing right now. Obviously above 270 if he said 135 for 50% would be a failed off season...

J-Dawg
02-25-09, 1:50 pm
I can't even imagine what House might be weighing. When we see him at The Cage, I'm sure we'll all be blown away by his size.

LittleMan55
02-25-09, 1:53 pm
I can't even imagine what House might be weighing. When we see him at The Cage, I'm sure we'll all be blown away by his size.

Last time I saw him he said he was about to kick it up a notch. Shocked the hell out me because he was already looking beyond huge!

jordo
02-25-09, 2:02 pm
I really cant wait for the results!!

Im in for HOUSE --- hes a tank!!

The House
03-01-09, 12:16 pm
I really cant wait for the results!!

Im in for HOUSE --- hes a tank!!

Results = lights out aka who's next...

machineman
03-01-09, 1:01 pm
good luck to both Hola and the House! this is gonna be insane!!

dannynb
03-01-09, 8:51 pm
Hola...luv ya brother but I gotta stay loyal to House....what can I say...he's a monster. One hell of a nice guy but when it comes to lifting...he can tear it apart.

Hola Bola
03-02-09, 10:47 am

Good idea, but I don't know if I'll have much energy left to take on anyone else.

good luck to both Hola and the House! this is gonna be insane!!

Thanks man!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-02-09, 10:50 am
i got my camcorder ready and my girl is bringing the digi cam!

i am not missing a fucking second!

Good luck to the both of you!

HEY HOLA YOU ARE THE UNDERDOG BRO, LIKE CREAM MY FRIEND IT ALWAYS RISES TO THE TOP, GIVE'EM HELL!!

...EASY!!!

The Landlord
03-02-09, 2:48 pm
Lil X and I can not wait to see everyone!

InkdMuscle
03-02-09, 3:20 pm

Heck yeah the landlord & the tenant are gonna be there. Hope u two are ready for some pics. well at least with me. =D

J-Dawg
03-02-09, 3:54 pm

Good idea, but I don't know if I'll have much energy left to take on anyone else.

Both guys seem confident. Gonna be really interesting...

LittleMan55
03-02-09, 4:44 pm

Best family in bodybuilding! See you guys in a few days.

dannynb
03-02-09, 4:47 pm

Can't wait to see ya'll!!!

Reko
03-06-09, 9:24 am
Good luck Hola!

Maiden69
03-08-09, 8:17 pm
What was the outcome??? Sucks not to be able to drive too far from my job!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-09-09, 10:35 am
Hola Was Strong As Hell!

But The House Was Just Too Much!

Hola = 20 Or 20+ I Believe!

House = 40 Holy Shit!

Just A Great Showdown!

Big C
03-09-09, 11:14 am
I think the House won 35 to 30 or 31 I forget.

Looks like I get the winner next year at the Cage? wooo!!!!!

Mr. Aestheticz
03-09-09, 11:22 am
I think the House won 35 to 30 or 31 I forget.

Looks like I get the winner next year at the Cage? wooo!!!!!

BIG C VS THE HOUSE?

Hoomgar
03-09-09, 2:01 pm
We need videos! Ha ha! :)

Hola Bola
03-12-09, 11:12 am
Hola Was Strong As Hell!

But The House Was Just Too Much!

Hola = 30 I Believe!

House = 35 Holy Shit!

Just A Great Showdown!

Fixed. ;)

I thought I had it won with 30 reps, but the House came out and showed why hes one of the big boys. 135lbs for 35 reps is insane and he definately deserved to win after a showing like that.

Big C
03-12-09, 6:56 pm
Yeah this was definately a close competition bro....I told you each time it looked like you might be done you cranked out 5 more...then 5 more etc. You're right though the House is one big boy and cranked out just enough to win. Good job to both combatants!

Fixed. ;)

I thought I had it won with 30 reps, but the House came out and showed why hes one of the big boys. 135lbs for 35 reps is insane and he definately deserved to win after a showing like that.

Phil800101
03-14-09, 2:25 am
Here are the vids I shot:

Hola Bola: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZdvPG8MeJ0

House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iLcRludQJk

Hola Bola
03-14-09, 1:50 pm
Yeah this was definately a close competition bro....I told you each time it looked like you might be done you cranked out 5 more...then 5 more etc. You're right though the House is one big boy and cranked out just enough to win. Good job to both combatants!

Haha thanks man, and yeah... my muscular endurance is pretty good because of all the high rep training I do.

Here are the vids I shot:

Hola Bola: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZdvPG8MeJ0

House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iLcRludQJk

Nice!

Hoomgar
03-14-09, 2:03 pm
Nice job guys. You both put it down man.

Firefist
03-14-09, 6:04 pm
great videos!

ossizen
03-21-09, 1:33 am
Blake, that looked like alot of fun. :)

How did it feel standing next to him?